• Advertisement

Season 12 (News & Discussion)

Jjs Goodman

Gonna use this post for my s12 ratings. Note that I'm planning on (or at least considering) replacing my letter ranking system by the end of the year, so I'm gonna use a normal ranking system for this.

Farmerbob: 8/10 (Solid episode with some good jokes, such as the "I hope this lasts forever" gag, and one of Patrick's better recent appearances, but not outstanding)

Gary and Spot: 9/10 (Great episode and defitenly the best of the season so far. The idea of Gary and Spot going around doing stuff at night is awesome, and the things they do with it are great, along with great animation, a great plot, and many funny jokes. Very fun episode. However, it misses 10/10 because I wasn’t a fan of the Sandy narration.)

The Nitwitting: 3/10 (Very unfunny and just “lol people are dumb” humor, with a plot that’s just continuously changing to another random thing every few minutes with no structure, and overall just bland and uninteresting)

The Ballad of Filthy Muck: 4/10 (Very stupid and forgettable and bland episode with a few gross moments, but not as bad as it couldn’t been, and has a great twist.

The Krusty Slammer: 8/10 (Solid episode. I like the premise, and it has cool atmosphere, jokes, and plot that makes it not quite great, but still definitely solid)

Pineapple RV: TBA

Edited by Wintermelon43

Fortunately, I got to stay home to see the premiere of this season and by the looks of it, I think Season 12 has a got a great start, it is pretty similar to Season 11, but I don't mind at all.

Yeah, I will make post with all my opinion on s12 episodes here too. So far, seems like S12 is just more of the same from S11. 
And to be honest, I don't mind this at all, since I really like S11. I hope that season will keep on delivering and upcoming episodes will be good even with... Off sounding plots.

FarmerBob - 7/10.

The most interesting thing about it, that Vincent confirmed that Chief isn't going to appear in future MermaidPants episode. So... any guesses when, then?

Maybe 20th anniversary special?

On 11/29/2018 at 12:03 PM, Christmas Klu? said:

The most interesting thing about it, that Vincent confirmed that Chief isn't going to appear in future MermaidPants episode. So... any guesses when, then?

Maybe 20th anniversary special?

I wonder if it isn't really the Chief who's appearing again, but Martin Olson, who played him who's showing up again...

Also, my theory for "Filthy Muck" is that it involves a sentient trash being made out of garbage in the Krusty Krab dumpster which Sponge befriends. If that's the case, wouldn't be surprised if it has shades of MWCTBB throughout.

Edited by Wendy the Witch

24 minutes ago, Wendy the Witch said:

I wonder if it isn't really the Chief who's appearing again, but Martin Olson, who played him who's showing up again...

Also, my theory for "Filthy Muck" is that it involves a sentient trash being made out of garbage in the Krusty Krab dumpster which Sponge befriends. If that's the case, wouldn't be surprised if it has shades of MWCTBB throughout.

Filthy Muck is of Patrick getting dirty

17 minutes ago, Wendy the Witch said:

There was actually a plot already revealed for Filthy Muck:

"Patrick takes his grime to a new extreme, playing around in so much trash that he becomes unrecognizable."

So yeah, it's just another Patrick episode, unfortunately

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SantaRobert RectangleClaus said:

"Patrick takes his grime to a new extreme, playing around in so much trash that he becomes unrecognizable."

The plot for this episode sounds very similar to a children's book called "Harry, the Dirty Dog". In it, a white dog named Harry, rolls around in the dirt and mud so much, he becomes unrecognizable as a brown dog! o.o This episode sounds like it was heavily inspired by that book, not that such a thing is necessarily a bad thing, it's actually interesting from my perspective! :D I'm cautiously optimistic about how Nickelodeon is going to handle "Spongebob Squarepants" without Stephen Hillenburg around. Hopefully, they won't make the same mistakes they did from seasons 6-8! :hysterical: Enough said! ;)

• Like 1
  • God Himself 2

18 hours ago, SantaRobert RectangleClaus said:

So yeah, it's just another Patrick episode, unfortunately

Oh? The plot doesn't sound as fun as the one I theorized, but it might still be good. It's all in the execution.

The Krusty Slammer? I honestly have no idea where they can go with a plot of the Krusty Krab being a jail, unless this is going to be one of those episodes that have little to no writing and just go all out with the wackiness such as Bunny Hunt.

More Season 12 titles (and plots) revealed:

244b - Pineapple RV: SpongeBob and Patrick turn the pineapple into a mobile home to take Squidward on the road trip he deserves.

245a - Plankton's Old Chum: Where Plankton usually dumps his rotten chum to full, so he tricks SpongeBob into hiding it around the city.

245b - King Plankton: Plankton practices ruling the world by shrinking himself down and declaring himself king of SpongeBob's aquarium.

246a - Stormy Weather: SpongeBob befriends a small storm cloud, but has to protect it from a crazed weather man.

246b - Gary's Got Legs: Gary is given a small pair of legs to keep up with SpongeBob, but soon makes his owner look sluggish by comparison.

And we'll also be getting some of these airing in January:

Edited by MLG Vanilluxe

My predictions on upcoming s12 episodes, we will see how those are going to end up being true:

Gary and Spot - Sandy's inclusion sounds random, but plot seems promising enough otherwise, looking forward to it

The Nitwitting - Probably going to be bad, since it's Patrick episode

The Ballad of Filthy Muck - same as above

Krusty Slammer - sounds fun, actually, a bit similar to Jailbreak, but since I don't care for Jailbreak that much I want to see how they will improve on that idea.

Pineapple RV - Sounds like fun episode, looking forward to it

Plankton's Old Chum - synopsis sounds okay? Can't see how they gonna mess premise like that, so I guess it will be harmless at worst

King Plankton - sounds interesting too, looking forward to it

Stormy Weather - sounds weird, but honestly? I want to see it, since plot sounds innocent and kind of cute, even if weird. 

Gary's Got Legs - well, that name already is pretty godly, unironically. Premise sounds like the most ridiculous thing ever, but it either will be hilarious like "Two Faces of Squidward" or it will be passable. Can't see how they will mess it up either. 

So far I'm not interested at all in two Patrick episodes. The rest sounds okay at worst. But again, most of season 11 plots sounded... bad too. So, I'm going to give those episodes a chance. Since, besides, it will be airing in January! So we will know the quality of those eps soon for sure.