• Advertisement

Season 12 (News & Discussion)

Jjs Goodman

Updating my s12 opinions

Will update this episode again, when Slammer airs

FarmerBob - 7/10 (Good episode)

Nitwitting - 2/10 (Awful episode)

The Ballad of Filthy Muck - 6/10 (Okay episode)

The Krusty Slammer - 9/10 (Great episode)

Edited by Klu
Added another episode.

My current opinions:

Spoiler

Krusty Slammer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FarmerBob>>>Ballad of Filthy Muck>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Nitwitting

FarmerBob - 10/10 for being unwacky unlike godawful My Leg.

The Nitwitting - 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10 for being the best episode since Old Man Patrick.

The Ballad of Filthy Muck - 999/10 for being very amazing but not Nitwitting quality.

The Krusty Slammer - 0/10 for having problematic plot holes.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • God Himself 2

24 minutes ago, Godly Sportz Originality said:

FarmerBob - 10/10 for being unwacky unlike godawful My Leg.

The Nitwitting - 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10 for being the best episode since Old Man Patrick.

The Ballad of Filthy Muck - 999/10 for being very amazing but not Nitwitting quality.

The Krusty Slammer - 0/10 for having problematic plot holes.

You forget to give Gary Got Legs Squiditis/13

Upcoming episodes:

image0.png?width=700&height=601

Karen and Plankton having a baby will be...something.

Also, new information on the 20th anniversary special, which will now premiere July 12th, 2019:

"It’s SpongeBob’s birthday in “SpongeBob’s Big Birthday Blowout,” which features for the first time the celebrated voice talent behind SpongeBob, Patrick, Mr. Krabs, Sandy, Squidward and Plankton playing live-action doppelgänger versions of the animated characters they voice. In the one-hour special, Patrick and SpongeBob journey to the surface world, where they come across a few familiar characters during lunchtime rush at The Trusty Slab restaurant. Meanwhile, the Bikini Bottom residents set up a surprise party for SpongeBob."

• God Himself 2

Updating my s12 opinions as for 16.03.2019.

FarmerBob - 7/10 (Good episode)

Gary and Spot - 9/10 (Great Episode)

Nitwitting - 2/10 (Awful episode)

The Ballad of Filthy Muck - 6/10 (Okay episode)

The Krusty Slammer - 9/10 (Great episode)

Overall rating for season so far: 6.5/10 (okay season)

New Season 12 episode titles and plots:

Swamped!: Bubble Bass finds himself stranded with Patrick in a mysterious swamp, looking for a lost action figure.

Broken Alarm: SpongeBob breaks his precious alarm clock, and nothing else is loud enough to wake him up on time.

The Krusty Bucket: Plankton creates a clone of himself and Mr. Krabs, but neither restaurant is safe from the newcomer.

Karen's Baby: Karen quickly learns that kids grow up too fast after her new child arrives in the mail.

Mind the Gap: Squidward closes the gap in SpongeBob's teeth, which causes a dramatic and unexpected change in his demeanor.

Dirty Bubble Returns: The newly reformed "Clean Bubble" takes a dishwashing job at the Krusty Krab, where he is tempted by the grime.

Also, for those not aware, Gary & Spot premiered early in the UK on March 16th and has been floating around online if you know where to look. ;) 

And for consistency, here's a promo from SpongeBob's Big Birthday Blowout that was shown at the KCA's:

• Like 5

On 12/25/2018 at 9:50 AM, jjsthekid said:

246b - Gary's Got Legs: Gary is given a small pair of legs to keep up with SpongeBob, but soon makes his owner look sluggish by comparison.

And we'll also be getting some of these airing in January:

Gary with legs... that's a thought. Gotta see this now lol

Several new episodes will be airing in the United Kingdom during a June 3rd - June 7th premiere week. Several scenes from Gary's Got Legs can be seen in this promo here, although it is not in the premiere week:

The UK will be airing: King Plankton (June 3rd), Stormy Weather (June 4th), The Krusty Bucket (June 5th), Sandy's Nutty Nieces (June 6th) and Insecurity Guards (June 7th).

Also, several S12 eps such as Pineapple RV, Stormy Weather, King Plankton, Plankton's Old Chum, and even Gary's Got Legs will be airing in Poland within the next two weeks, so watch out for leaks.

Edited by jjsthekid

FarmerBob: 6/10

Gary & Spot: 8/10

Nitwitting: 3/10

The Ballad of Filthy Muck: 6/10

The Krusty Slammer: 7/10

Pineapple RV: 9/10

Gary’s Got Legs: 5/10

King Plankton: 9/10

Plankton’s Old Chum: 7/10? (No English Airing)

Stormy Weather: 6/10

The Krusty Bucket: 8/10

Squid’s on a Bus: 7/10

Sandy's Nutty Nieces: 8/10

Insecurity Guards: 10/10

Broken Alarm: 9/10

Karen's Baby: 9/10

Shell Games: TBA

Senior Discount: 7/10

Big Birthday Blowout: 7/10

I really hope that the show continues with this consistently good quality. All of the episodes here are fun and filled with energy and jokes, Insecurity Guards especially is the makings of a modern classic. Overall grade is about 7.3/10

David Hasselhoff is returning in Birthday Blowout:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/2019/05/22/nickelodeon-reveals-first-look-at-spongebob-squarepants-voice-cast-as-human-versions-of-their-characters-in-spongebob-squarepants-spongebobs-big-birthday-blowout-mixed-live-action-animated-special-600311/20190522nickelodeon01/

"Donning his famous lifeguard attire, Hasselhoff guests as himself in the special, where he runs into a little trouble in an ocean kayak and on the beach. Hasselhoff also notably played himself in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie. His return is a special nod to his original performance for fans around the world.

"I experienced the world of SpongeBob first-hand when I appeared in The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie, which was an amazing experience," said Hasselhoff. "After making that cameo, kids around the world recognized me from the movie. How awesome to now come back to be part of the 20th anniversary special. I got to interact with Tom Kenny and SpongeBob. It also was a heartwarming tribute to Steve Hillenburg. Happy 20th SpongeBob. Hooray!!"

Farmerbob 5/10 (Mediocre comedy and no story structure makes me feel indifferent about this one)

Gary and Spot 7/10 (Cute, fun story, not the funniest or as good as Spot Returns, but serviceable) 

The Nitwitting 1/10 (Garbage humor)

The Ballad of Filthy Muck 5/10 (Besides the song, the ep kinda just exists for me)

The Krusty Slammer 7/10 (Not fantastic, but it was fairly entertaining) 

King Plankton 8/10 (Great episode, the episode is funny and creative, only hindered by dumb Patrick near the end)

The Krusty Plankton 7/10 (Pretty decent story, some good jokes, and is again pretty fun)

New season 12 rankings (will update when this Nicktoons UK premiere week will be finished)

Farmerbob - 9/10 (Despite having story to be just an excuse for the string of gags, this episode is genuinely hilarious for me. And since this show is primarily comedy I can let this slide, because bits like "barn-itzva" scene, aliens and "I HOPE THIS TRIP LASTS FOREVER" are really good pieces of comedy, imo. Of course I can see why some don't care for this episode that much, since it doesn't really offer that much in anything besides comedy and if you not a fan of it, there's not much to it otherwise.)

Gary and Spot - 9/10 (My favorite Spot and Gary episode. Huh. This episode is really unique and cute. It isn't very funny, but entertaining story and charming atmosphere kept me smiling thru out.)

The Nitwitting - 3/10 (This episode is more boring to me than anything else.)

The Ballad of Filthy Muck - 6/10 (This episode has few genuinely funny jokes, great ending and song, but otherwise is kind of... there.)

The Krusty Slammer - 8/10 (Fairly entertaining story with few laugh out loud moments make into fairly enjoyable episode. This episode also features probably one of the most natural incorporation of various references to previous episodes, which is also a big plus.)

Pineapple RV - 9/10 (Even without english dialogue this episode kept me entertained. Squidward's characterization is superb, plot feels classic but unique enough, ending was very sweet.)

King Plankton - 10/10 (Really creative and funny episode, not much to say besides that, almost everyone love it for a reason.)

Stormy Weather - 8/10 (Very cute if somewhat unfocused episode sprinkled with some genuinely funny moments through out. SpongeBob's characterization is strong in this one. Also, new character, Gale Doppler, is genuinely fun antagonist to SB, I hope he will return sometime like Rube did.)

The Krusty Bucket - 10/10 (One of my personal favorites from entire post-sequel. Lawrence turned cliched cartoons clone trope into something genuinely interesting and engaging. Krabs/Plankton team-up was unexpected and done really well, they have a great chemistry. New villain was also fairly interesting break from the norm in best way possible. Biggest surprise of the season so far, since I didn't expected much from it.)

Sandy's Nutty Nieces - 8/10 (I expected this ep to be okay at best, comedy was surprisingly solid, SpongeBob's characterization was on-point and Patrick was surprisingly funny here. Nieces themselves were.... fine, I haven't found them annoying, but I can see why some be annoyed by them.)

Insecurity Guards - 10/10 (This episode honestly feels like modern classic. Every joke hits, new location is superbly designed and feels unique, characterization is on-point, animation is gorgeous. This episode is probably one of my contenders of post-sequel favorites, it was THAT good.)

Edited by Klu
Added few more episodes.

Two new episode premises:

248b - Squid's on a Bus: Squidward gleefully switches jobs with a bus driver for an easy ride... until SpongeBob and Patrick climb aboard. (Guest Star: Maurice LaMarche)

250b - Handemonium: Plankton's giant Chum Bucket glove runs wild in town, but SpongeBob has a handy friend to help them out.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1