• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 Best Episodes Ever 2018!

Wumbo

Just now, hippythehippo said:

Why didn't Wishing make it on the list? Most of the stuff near the bottom only had 4 votes, while Wishing got 6. 

It's a matter of stats! The six lists that Wishing landed on, collectively, did not have the episode ranked high enough to make the list.

Incidentally, Squid on Strike for example landed on five lists but because no one ranked it above #18, it didn't even get 25 points!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, WumboJack Horseman said:

It's a matter of stats! The six lists that Wishing landed on, collectively, did not have the episode ranked high enough to make the list.

Incidentally, Squid on Strike for example landed on five lists but because no one ranked it above #18, it didn't even get 25 points!

Just out of curiosity: How many points did Naughty Nautical Neighbors get? Or was I the only one who had it on their list? :(

5 minutes ago, WumboJack Horseman said:

Pet Sitter had 25 points so Pet Sitter Pat>Squid on Strike confirmed

• Wow 2
  • God Himself 6

Well, since it's obvious what #1 is, I'm gonna post my thoughts on the remaining three episodes. I'll post thoughts on HMs and put the ones on my top 50 that missed this into my list tomorrow.

Dying for Pie: An amazing episode that made my list. This episode combines an amazing story with amazing emotions, eith amazing humor, and Squidward's character is just amazing here, and it combines to make an amazing episode. Also, it has the beat line in the whole series "If I were to die right now in some sort of fiery explosion due to the carelessness of a friend, well, that would just be ok"

Band Geeks: Another amazing episode that made my list, and at one of the highest spots too. You guys already know why this is so amazing, as I'm sure you've heard it a thousend times, so I'll keep it short by saying that it's an episode with amazing humor that makes an amazing story that makes you really happy and satisfied that Squidward finally wins for once, with an amazing song playing while he wins, with perfect characterization/characters, and for that reason I still say it's top 3 of the whole series and not even slightly overrated. The only episodes better than it is Just One Bite and of course, the #1 episode... 

Pet Sitter Pat: This is easily the single best episode of the whole series and I'm glad we were all able to agree that this is the single best episode of the whole series! Seriously, this episode is truly amazing, having Patrick torture Gary by trying to burn him with a flamethrower, giving him salt that could kill him, and flooding Spongebob's house. Having Gary go through all this torture and having Patrick be this stupid is just pure genius, and easily one of the best thongs to ever be created! You'd think, with how amazing and genius this episode is, that it would be made by Iginio Straffi, Ben Gruper, and Karl Hadrika. In fact, I think that this episode was secretly made by those three and it miscredits the episode as being made by other people, just like how Bubble Bass's voice is miscredited as being voiced by Dee Bradly Baker instead of David Humphrey, because there's no way anyone else could have made anything so amazing!

Pranks a Lot (#34)

Missing Identity (#32)

Krab Borg (#13) (Why did I put this so low???)

Valentine's Day (#50) 

Squid's Day Off (#43)

Plankton's Army (#33)

Employee of the Month (#40)

Mid-Life Crustacean (#36)

Survival of the Idiots (#35)

Something Smells (#39)

The Great Snail Race (#45) (Might be higher but whatever)

Rock Bottom (#49) 

Clams (#41)

The Fry Cook Games (#44)

Imitation Krabs (#20)

Life of Crime (#30)

The Camping Episode (#9)

50: Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V (#15)

49: Club Spongebob (#42)

48: ???

47: ???

46: My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

45: The Algae's Always Greener (#12)

44: Fear of a Krabby Patty (#27)

43: ???

42: Big Pink Loser (#38)

41: ???

40: Have You Seen This Snail (#26) 

39: Krusty Krab Training Video (#4)

38: ???

37: Squidville (#47)

36: ???

35: Pizza Delivery (#14)

34: Sailor Mouth (#22)

33: Idiot Box (#15)

32: Nasty Patty (#11)

31: ???

30: ???

29: Wet Painters (#6)

28: ???

27: F.U.N (#48)

26: ???

25: ???

24: ???

23: No Weenies Allowed (#37)

22: SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (#29)

21: Graveyard Shift (#8)

20: Dunces and Dragons (#23)

19: Roller Cowards (#24) 

18: ???

17: ???

16: ???

15: ???

14: Krusty Towers (#19)

13: Snowball Effect (#25)  

12: Shanghaied (#7)

11: SB-129 (#28)

10: Mimic Madness (#31)

9: Can You Spare a Dime (#18)  

8: Welcome to the Chum Bucket (#17)

7: ???

6: Frankendoodle (#10)

5: ???

4: Christmas Who? (#5)

3: Band Geeks (#2)

2: Just One Bite (#21) 

1: Pet Sitter Pat (#1) 

33/50, 18/25

(Also, I just realized now that I accidently put Just One Bite as my #1 instead of Pet Sitter Pat, which I accidently put as 2nd. Sorry about that)

• Like 2
  • Funny 2
  • God Himself 1

Every year we inch closer towards getting Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost on the list. On that note I urge you all to re-evaluate your opinions on that episode alongside Doing Time, Valentine's Day, and One Krabs Trash. and then we can end up with a more exciting final 3

My full list, for those curious:

Spoiler

1. Valentine's Day

2. The Algae's Always Greener

3. Krab Borg

4. Krabs a la Mode

5. Selling Out

6. Pranks a Lot

7. Mid-Life Crustacean

8. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V

9. Pizza Delivery

10. Roller Cowards

11. Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost

12. Band Geeks

13. Welcome to the Chum Bucket

14. As Seen On TV

15. Married to Money

16. Idiot Box

17. Wet Painters

18. Life of Crime

19. Clams

20. Rock-a-Bye Bivalve 

21. I Was a Teenage Gary

22. One Krabs Trash

23. New Digs

24. Graveyard Shift

25. The Great Snail Race

There's quite a bit I would have changed (this was a pretty rough draft) but overall I'm pretty happy :sbdance2: krabs a la mode was robbed

• Happy 1

Of the honorable mentions I think Ripped Pants, Wishing You Well, Friend or Foe and Krabs a la Mode were all worthy for the list and I would've put them above most of the lower entries on the top 50, still glad they're at least honorable mentions.

Anyways here's my list.

Spoiler

0.       Pet Sitter Pat

1.       SpongeBob Meets the Strangler

2.       Chocolate With Nuts

3.       Roller Cowards

4.       Dunces and Dragons

5.       Sailor Mouth

6.       Graveyard Shift

7.       The Camping Episode

8.       Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy III

9.       Band Geeks

10.   Idiot Box

11.   Rock Bottom

12.   Krabs a la Mode

13.   Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy V

14.   Nasty Patty

15.   Krusty Towers

16.   Can You Spare a Dime?

17.   The Great Snail Race

18.   Friend or Foe?

19.   Christmas Who?

20.   Wet Painters

21.   Fear of a Krabby Patty

22.   SB-129

23.   Frankendoodle

24.   Squid on Strike

25.   Krusty Krab Training Video

#TruthorSquarewasrobbed

• Like 1

I'll leak my list either sometime tomorrow or Tuesday, after the #1 choice is revealed (Even though I think most of us including myself are pretty confident in what it's going to be, I still want to wait until it's all said and done before I reveal my list). The good news about my list is that nearly all my picks made the list, and even most of the ones that did not were still honorable mentions. I might have to check again, but I think only 3 episodes on my list did not make the list or get close to making it.

Help Wanted: I guess it's a nice start to the show but it is not top 50 material.

Ripped Pants: This one's pretty good but not top 25 material. Maaaaaaaybe top 50? Anyways, it's a simple episode with a nice lesson (even though I don't give a frick about morals and I wouldn't freak out if they weren't put into a show)

Artist Unknown: A good episode, not top 25 but still good. It sucks that there's one person here who doesn't like it (you know who you are) because this is a good example of how Season 2 excelled.

No Free Rides: Had I watched this episode before making my list, it would've made my list. This episode is just great. Why did Aaron Springer's writing have to fall so far later on...

Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost: Overrated. I mean, while it's not bad (and not even meh), I just don't enjoy this episode as most people seem to. It's still a 7/10 episode, don't get me wrong, but I prefer many other episodes over this one.

Planet of the Jellyfish: A nice episode, not top 25 material in the slightest but definitely one of Season 8's strongest.

The Secret Box: Putting Spongebob's and Patrick's friendship to the test like what was done here was never handled as dramatically and perfectly as it was here. While it didn't make my top 25 as far as I remember, it still stands as a great episode from Season 2.

Feral Friends: Season 10 may be viewed by many for its mistakes but this episode is an exception to all of that. Feral Friends takes an interesting concept and runs with it, along with putting in Patchy in his best appearance since Season 3 and introducing what the French Narrator looks like. While I might not put it in my top 50, it's definitely one of Season 10's best.

Hooky: Underrated. While, again, I don't care much for morals, what they did here was perfection, without a single bad line, moment or character. If only it made the list...

Wishing You Well: Not the best episode of Season 4 but definitely a strong entry. While I don't enjoy it too much (and there are episodes that I just like more), there's no denying that it's better than the episode it was paired with.

Friend or Foe: A good backstory episode. While there are some inconsistencies within this episode, the storytelling subtracts from those minor complaints and while I wouldn't put this in my top 50, it's a good episode and one of the last good specials for a long time.

Krabs a la Mode: While this episode is really good, I prefer its sister episode, New Digs (which made my best list). Even then, there's no denying that Krabs a la Mode is a rather creative episode that runs with the idea of an icy Krusty Krab.

I'll reveal my list after the inevitable #1 episode is put on the best list.

welp boys it's time to reveal mine lmao :

Spoiler

"hasn't changed that much from last time since i mainly watch south park now lmfao but here's that:

1. krusty krab training video

2. mermaid man and barnacle boy V

3. wormy

4. life of crime

5. survival of the idiots

6. sleepy time

7. culture shock

8. chocolate with nuts

9. pranks a lot

10. shanghaied

11. band geeks

12. the chaperone

13. imitation krabs

14. nasty patty

15. sb-129

16. wet painters

17. hooky

18. squid on strike

19. club spongebob

20. idiot box

21. just one bite

22. dying for pie

23. mermaid man and barnacle boy III

24. dunces and dragons

25. the bully"

My thoughts on the honorable mentions:

Spoiler

Help Wanted - This was nothing but an excellent introduction to one of the greatest shows ever but I can name funnier and more enjoyable episodes than this. Nevertheless this is something important to the show.

Ripped Pants - I'm not a big fan of the episode but the moral is great and the song was cute.

Unknown Artist - Like any other s2 episode that missed my list, it's a really hilarious episode with one of the best climaxes ever but there are better SpongeBob/Squidward episodes in the show.

Planet of the Jellyfish is no longer on my list but It's still one of s8's strongest episodes as well as one of the best post-movie episodes.

The Secret Box is funny but not top 50 worthy for me.

Feral Friends is my favorite s10 episode and one of my all-time favorite episodes in years but It missed my list. Still this episode was incredibly epic, unique and hilarious.

Hooky is good but I don't like it as much as some other s1 episodes.

I'm actually sad Wishing You Well missed the list. Second best post-movie episode for me and on of the strongest episodes of the entire show. I love when the show takes simple concepts and make it fun.

Friend or Foe would maybe make my top 50 list because it's an important episode that delves into Mr. Krabs and Plankton's past and it's an emotional roller coaster.

Krabs a La Mode deserves to be on the list each year, idc. It's one of the most action packed episodes ever. Animation is stunning and jokes are superb. Plus I'm a sucker for winter themed episodes.

Here is my list

Spoiler

1) Plankton's Army

2) SB-129

3) Dying for Pie

4) Wet Painters

5) Christmas Who

6) Welcome to Chum Bucket

7) Band Geeks

8 ) Suvival of the Idiots

9) Patty Hype

10) Just One Bite

11) Snowball Effect

12) Valentine's Day

13) Pre-Hibernation Week

14) Frakendoodle

15) Krusty Love

16) Imitation Krabs

17) Idiot Box

18) Roller Cowards

19) Wishing You Well

20) Nasty Patty

21) Krabs a La Mode

22) Naughty Nautical Neighbours

23) Have You Seen This Snail

24) Graveyard Shift

25) Employee of the Month

Here's my severely inaccurate Top 25

Spoiler

25. PIZZA DELIVERY 
24. THE CAMPING EPISODE
23. IDIOT BOX
22. NASTY PATTY
21. DUNCES AND DRAGONS
20. PLANKTON'S ARMY
19. NO WEENIES ALLOWED
18. WET PAINTERS
17. PRANKS A LOT
16. SPONGEBOB MEETS THE STRANGLER
15. YOUR SHOE'S UNTIED
14. CHRISTMAS WHO?
13. UGH
12. SHANGHAIED
11. FRANKENDOODLE
10. THE ALGAE'S ALWAYS GREENER
9. KRAB BORG
8. SQUID'S DAY OFF
7. MISSING IDENTITY
6. KRUSTY KRAB TRAINING VIDEO
5. MID-LIFE CRUSTACEAN
4. WELCOME TO THE CHUM BUCKET
3. JUST ONE BITE
2. DYING FOR PIE
1. BAND GEEKS

Who were the 11 who didn't have this on their list lol?

This is just about perfection for a Spongebob episode, and while it may not be my favorite, it still holds up for being clever and hilarious. I even think it's better than Band Geeks, but that's more because I feel this is more of the ideal Spongebob episode for me (which might explain why Wet Painters is my favorite episode). 

Shame I couldn't send my list in, but there's always next year (at least I hope)

• God Himself 2

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm so glad CWN got the top spot! It's my favorite episode for one simple reason: It kept me laughing hysterically from beginning to end! Pretty much ALL the jokes (and there are a TON of them) land perfectly for me, and I also love how each person they visit has something weird about them. The twist of the guy yelling "CHOCOLATEEE!!!" throughout the whole episode actually wanting all the chocolate they're selling is nothing short of brilliant as well! Another reason why this episode is my favorite, though, besides the fact that pretty much absolutely everything in it is pure perfection? It aired on my 2nd birthday! That's right, this hilarious and genius episode aired the day I turned 2, and that is something that makes me REALLY adore and appreciate it! CWN is EASILY my favorite episode of the series, and I don't think there's any possible way it can be topped IMO! :)

I enjoy how unorthodox the plot of Chocolate with Nuts is to begin with, but what really makes this episode are the customers. Every single one of them is distinct from each other and absolutely hilarious. Although the "chocolate" guy has lost all his comedic effect on me over time, I still find it funny how the person SpongeBob and Patrick run from ends up saving them in the end. Another favorite has to be Mary and her mother. They have some amazing angry bickering and make for a perfect scene. The “focusing” guy and the dude who sells his photos to Patrick are pretty funny, but the best out of all has to be the conman. Goddamn, this guy’s great. I adore how easily he’s able to fool the duo throughout their adventure, especially while using that awful sob story. While backed up with those exaggerated shattering noises and seeing SpongeBob and Patrick carry out twice their inventory, it proves to be the greatest scene in the entire episode. SpongeBob and Patrick themselves also have some great chemistry. I like how they know exactly how to pander to the customers they scam, and all those imperfect conclusions they come to when thinking of strategies. Amazing how they go from being nice all the way to straight up lying.

So here was my list:

50. The Paper

49. New Digs

48. No Free Rides (HM)

47. The Camping Episode (#9)

46. Frankendoodle (#10)

45. SB-129 (#28)

44. Born Again Krabs

43. Missing Identity (#32)

42. Krabs a la Mode (HM)

41. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV

40. I'm Your Biggest Fanatic

39. Sing a Song of Patrick

38. Sailor Mouth (#22)

37. Pizza Delivery (#14)

36. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler (#29)

35. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy VI: The Motion Pocture

34. Sandy, SpongeBob and the Worm

33. Bummer Vacation

32. Just One Bite (#21)

31. Clams (#41)

30. Krusty Love

29. The Secret Box (HM)

28. The Pink Purloiner

27. Idiot Box (#16)

26. Culture Shock

25. Dying for Pie (#3)

24. Big Pink Loser (#38)

23. Procrastination

22. Skill Crane

21. Graveyard Shift (#8)

20. Something Smells (#39)

19. Snowball Effect (#25)

18. Suds

17. Squid's Day Off (#43)

16. Fear of a Krabby Patty (#27)

15. Krusty Krab Training Video (#4)

14. Valentine's Day (#50)

13. Employee of the Month (#40)

12. Imitation Krabs (#20)

11. Artist Unknown (HM)

10. Nasty Patty (#11)

9. Roller Cowards (#24)

8. Life of Crime (#30)

7. Chocolate with Nuts (#1)

6. Can You Spare a Dime? (#18)

5. Krusty Towers (#19)

4. My Pretty Seahorse (#46)

3. Christmas Who? (#5)

2. Shanghaied (#7)

1. Wet Painters (#6)

Overall only 15 out of 50 episodes didn't make this list. Either I have huge influence over this countdown, or I'm just a normie. :funny:

Anyway, this was a ton of fun! I'll definitely be doing this again next time.

• Like 1

Alright, here's my list. I'm finally leaking it (And since all but 4 made the list and/or were honorable mentions, I'll only highlight the four that didn't make the cut or were an honorable mention).

I might eventually make a Top 50 list of my own as a separate topic, as I really need time to think about it. There's a ton of great episodes out there, and if I were to compile a Top 50 list I'd need to give it some critical thought and consideration. So for now you'll only get the Top 25 that I sent in.

25. Just One Bite

24. SpongeBob Meets the Strangler

23. Opposite Day

22. Mid-Life Crustacean

21. Squid's Day Off

20. Pizza Delivery

19. Shanghaied

18. MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy IV

17. MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy V

16. Wet Painters

15. Roller Cowards

14. Welcome to the Chum Bucket

13. Feral Friends

12. The Secret Box

11. Sailor Mouth

10. The Camping Episode

9. Jellyfishing

8. Christmas Who?

7. Dunces and Dragons

6. Krusty Towers

5. Naughty Nautical Neighbors

4. The Algae's Always Greener

3. Krusty Krab Training Video

2. Band Geeks

1. Chocolate With Nuts

I guess you can say I'm pretty mainstream when it comes to SpongeBob opinions, LOL!

Edited by SpongeNicko

Chocolate With Nuts didn't make my best list but that doesn't mean at all that I find it bad. It's one of Season 3's most well-received for a reason; to start, it's really funny. About every joke lands well and hard, and while some of the jokes here did get a bit overplayed due to meme oversaturation, they're all funny in their own right. As for everything else, from the character personalities to the writing, it's spot-on and there's nothing distracting from the quality of the episode. While, in my opinion, several other episodes are better than this one, there's no denying it's one of the best. Perhaps this is top 30 or at least top 40 material imo, but even then, I honestly enjoyed this episode from start to finish.

And now, for my best list (beware the unpopular opinions):

25. Tutor Sauce
24. F.U.N.
23. Frankendoodle
22. Scavengerpants
21. MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy IV
20. New Digs
19. Pressure
18. Plankton!
17. Bummer Vacation
16. Sailor Mouth
15. Arrgh!
14. Life of Crime
13. Welcome to the Chum Bucket
12. The Algae's Always Greener
11. The Smoking Peanut
10. Krab Borg
9. Just One Bite
8. Can You Spare a Dime?
7. Big Pink Loser
6. Squid's Day Off
5. Employee of the Month
4. Imitation Krabs
3. Dying for Pie
2. Wet Painters
1. Hooky

Edited by QuilavaRDSP
formatting issue

CWN packed in an absurd amount of jokes into 11 minutes, and while it wasn't as strong overall as KKTV, it's still a solid number one in a solid list overall. Thanks for your great work compiling and revealing the results of this list, Wumbo. You're easily the best Top 50 host we've ever had.

• Like 4
  • God Himself 1