• Advertisement

Browsers

Guest hilaryfan80

Guest hilaryfan80

I decided to give SBC a nod to our past: the browser that you're using shows up in your posts now!

Before:

5a07f4e93e9a7ScreenS.png

After:

Note that for space issues, browsers do not show up on mobile right now. I'm going to eventually revamp badges on mobile because it's kinda weird.

Currently, the browsers only work for Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Edge, Opera, and Android. If you use any other browser, you won't have a browser show up. Don't sue me: Font Awesome doesn't support any other browser. Ask them to support your browser!

Do you like the new browser feature? Let us know. :)

Guest hilaryfan80
6 hours ago, MMM said:

EDIT: My actual browser isn't Chrome, the one I'm using isn't on your list, so whatever

Your browser might be backed by Chrome's engine, so SBC would think you're using Chrome. I know quite a few browsers use a mainstream engine to power it, like Brave using Chrome's engine (therefore SBC would think you're using Chrome). I could detect your actual browser, but then you wouldn't have a browser listed.

16 minutes ago, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

Your browser might be backed by Chrome's engine, so SBC would think you're using Chrome. I know quite a few browsers use a mainstream engine to power it, like Brave using Chrome's engine (therefore SBC would think you're using Chrome). I could detect your actual browser, but then you wouldn't have a browser listed.

That makes sense. It's fine as it is, the majority of my posts were on Chrome anyways.