• Advertisement

213b. Lost and Found

Jjs Goodman

Rating  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Toys: Of course, it's how we say hello!
    • 4/5 Toys: Oh hey, that's the teddy fish!
    • 3/5 Toys: MORON...I mean, SPONGEBOB!
    • 2/5 Toys: And this concerns me how, exactly?
    • 1/5 Toys: Hey Mr. Krabs, you know that annoying crying kid? He's still crying.

(No promo image available at this time)

Premieres: 

Saturday, June 10th @ 10:15am ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, June 10th @ 4:45pm ET/PT

Sunday, June 11th @ 11:45am ET/PT

Saturday, June 17th @ 9:45am ET/PT

Plot:

Mr. Krabs sends SpongeBob in search of a missing toy, and SpongeBob finds himself lost in the lost-and-found. 

Clips:

N/A

Edited by Austin Layers

It was okay, I guess. Notable for cameo appearances of the Fish salesman from "That's No Lady," and the fish who can fly from "The Two Faces of Squidward." There WERE some random funny gags, though. Such as when Spongebob shook a snow-globe of Bikini Bottom, than the REAL Bikini Bottom experienced an earthquake; and when Spongebob threw away a RUBBER Chicken, it THEN turned into a REAL chicken! o.o I GUESS that I would rate the episode at an 80/100.

Who knew the Krusty Krab had so much unexplored turf under it? Another excuse to line the shelves with a lot of past references.

If Jjs thought the kid from Krusty Katering was bad, he ain't seen nothing yet.

Characters who got lost down there were pretty trash. So the parents visited there for 60 years, which is disturbing and makes no sense.

Squidward's kazoo flashback was sad, and the kazoo didn't even make anything resembling a foul noise :/

Overall, nothing remotely worth gawking at. Here's where a D- belongs. This should've stayed lost.

Honestly, I liked this one almost as much as The Getaway. It had a very fresh and interesting plot. Though, my only flaws were that the crying kid got annoying after awhile and the ending was sadly predictable (of course, Squidward getting sent to Lost and Found ended up being a disaster for him). Like The Getaway, the callbacks are noticeable and they might be easy to miss, but there were a lot of them, which might to be a tradition for the Sherm Cohen directed episodes. It turns out most of the old people acting like kids were trapped there since they were younger which explains their behavior. Overall, I prefer the Getaway better, but this was still great.

I really enjoyed this episode. I don't know if it was just me, but I noticed the animation was gorgeous in this episode. I also noticed a lot of callbacks on the shelves: the #1 soda drink hat, King Neptune's crown, a peanut guy hat, Squidward's cake, a map of Finland, and SpongeBob's Goofy Goober guitar- That last one I thought was pretty cool. I kinda liked how the episode got really bizarre during the second half, and was that the kid from Krusty Katering? If so, I really didn't want him back, though he was admittedly a lot more tolerable here than in the last episode. I liked this one better that "The Getaway", but both were really good to me.

Edited by DarkEvil LaserPants
  • Like 1

This is one of those episodes that felt like style over substance. The environment in this episode was just too good. Unfortunately rest of the episode wasn't good. It wasn't as bad as I expected but I still couldn't stand it. I will be a bit fair here because environment was amazing but the jokes were just too irritating. I absolutely hated the crying kid parts. They were really unnecessary to the plot and the kid constantly irritated me. On top of that, Mr. Krabs started to cry too. Just why? Squidward was a butt monkey here for no reason. I admit the ending was so bad so funny but I really disliked how Squidward was treated here. Kids getting lost at lost and found and staying there for years and parents coming back to the place they lost them and having so clueless where they might be makes no sense whatsoever. Did they even call the cop to search the whole place? If so, then why didn't Mr. Krabs tell them about lost and found? The pacing was just all over the place. It wasn't too fast like The Getaway at least but the pacing did feel off. I didn't like other gags like chicken part and creepy costumer at the beginning. This episode just didn't work for me. 

Grade: C-

6 hours ago, The Who said:

This is one of those episodes that felt like style over substance. The environment in this episode was just too good. Unfortunately rest of the episode wasn't good. It wasn't as bad as I expected but I still couldn't stand it. I will be a bit fair here because environment was amazing but the jokes were just too irritating. I absolutely hated the crying kid parts. They were really unnecessary to the plot and the kid constantly irritated me. On top of that, Mr. Krabs started to cry too. Just why? Squidward was a butt monkey here for no reason. I admit the ending was so bad so funny but I really disliked how Squidward was treated here. Kids getting lost at lost and found and staying there for years and parents coming back to the place they lost them and having so clueless where they might be makes no sense whatsoever. Did they even call the cop to search the whole place? If so, then why didn't Mr. Krabs tell them about lost and found? The pacing was just all over the place. It wasn't too fast like The Getaway at least but the pacing did feel off. I didn't like other gags like chicken part and creepy costumer at the beginning. This episode just didn't work for me. 

You're acting like Squidward being a Butt Monkey is a new thing. And you really expect the show to use logic?

13 minutes ago, DarkEvil LaserPants said:

You're acting like Squidward being a Butt Monkey is a new thing. And you really expect the show to use logic?

I don't act like a new thing. I'm just tired of it. I still didn't get too bothered by it, compared to season 6 but still those jokes were overused in the show. I know I expect no logic but it still feels disturbing outside of the context of the episode.

I'll admit, I didn't dislike this one as much as I was expecting...but yeah, this still could've been much better. That kid was VERY annoying and very well might have been worse than the kid from Krusty Katering. They should've toned down his crying. I get he was supposed to be annoying, but there's ways to do that without annoying the audience as well. Worst part of the episode, but at least it tied in with the plot unlike Katering. The whole "people being trapped in the basement for 60 years" part of the plot just felt...wrong. It didn't feel like SpongeBob to me. I dunno, something about it just didn't sit right with me. I get they had to add a conflict in, but it wasn't really what I expected. I know it's a cartoon and it doesn't have to make sense, but I would've preferred anything else because I honestly didn't like the new characters, and just found them...meh. Also, the fact the kid didn't want the bear by the end made the whole adventure kinda pointless. Squidward being the "butt monkey" here felt kinda unnecessary at times, but it didn't bug me that much since it was over with relatively fast. That being said, I can't say the rest of the episode bugged me too much. There were a few minor parts I liked. Squidward had some actually funny lines (like "MORON, I mean, SpongeBob!"), and Mr. Krabs crying with the kid (because it didn't drag on and helped drown out that brat). Squidward's kazoo flashback was cute I guess. The ending with Mr. Krabs happy to see SpongeBob was also sweet, and made up for his strange attitude earlier in the episode. Overall, an interesting idea, but mediocre execution to me. It was nice seeing Dani Michaeli again, but I do wish he had better material than this.

Edited by Austin Layers
  • Like 2