• Advertisement

PSA: SpongeBob is NOT being canceled on October 17th!

sbl

spongebob-is-being-canceled-october-17-2

According to this meme, SpongeBob will be canceled on October 17th, 2016. IT'S NOT TRUE! There is also another variation of this picture saying after 17 seasons on the air, SpongeBob will be canceled on October 17th. Vincent has confirmed on Twitter that this is some JerkSoda trying to get attention, and Season 11 is being drawn currently :D

... this is honestly my first time seeing that image

i mean, i knew there was a stupid rumor before that said spongebob would be cancelling in 2019, but this is just even more ridiculous lol

Um

Is he stupid? Are all of the people who believe this stupid? I doubt Nickelodeon nor the showrunner would cancel the show without announcing it first. If they did, it would've been confirmed months or years ago. In fact, the episode "Whirlypants" was confirmed to air on October 15th, which is TWO DAYS before the "cancellation" date of SpongeBob. Vincent even confirmed about future episodes airing AFTER that day!

I honestly do feel bad for those gullible people who fell for this 9gagging, iFunnying troll's post, but at the same time, why should I? They should be smart enough not to trust this guy or any other people who say SpongeBob will end unless it comes from an ACTUAL SpongeBob staff member and not some random Joe on the internet.