• Advertisement

101 Dalmatian Street

Ok um, wow. 

Spoiler

Just when I was getting to like Varrick, once I saw him in that seat with that evil smirk on his face, my jaw literally dropped. My jaw dropped for a second time at the end, when Korra apparently can't remember a damn thing. What the heck

• Like 1

I saw the finale, and as much as I enjoyed it and thought it was awesome. It was pretty sad.

Spoiler

Korra lost her connection with her past lives, making her now the first Avatar. So there will probably be no more appearances by Aang, Roku, Kyoshi, or Wan. Though I have to say, I did enjoy the cameo appearance of Zhao.

How come when Avatar was on the air, Nickelodeon used to rerun it all the time (almost as much as SpongeBob) but for Korra, it's they air a new episode and that's it? No reruns or nothing. I know they show it on Nicktoons Network, but that's a place where most people can't watch.

How come when Avatar was on the air, Nickelodeon used to rerun it all the time (almost as much as SpongeBob) but for Korra, it's they air a new episode and that's it? No reruns or nothing. I know they show it on Nicktoons Network, but that's a place where most people can't watch.

Less episodes, more concise storyline. With Avatar they had a slew of episodes they could run through in any order and it wouldn't really matter in the long run (until the tailend of the show); with Korra it's all really contained and extremely continuity-heavy so it's harder to rerun episodes, because people will jump in at like the second to last episode of the season and not know what the hell's going on. It's why most cartoons aren't plot-heavy; it kills rerun ability.

Less episodes, more concise storyline. With Avatar they had a slew of episodes they could run through in any order and it wouldn't really matter in the long run (until the tailend of the show); with Korra it's all really contained and extremely continuity-heavy so it's harder to rerun episodes, because people will jump in at like the second to last episode of the season and not know what the hell's going on. It's why most cartoons aren't plot-heavy; it kills rerun ability.

Hopefully, that'll start to change when streaming sites like Netflix and Amazon Prime get into cartoons.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hopefully, that'll start to change when streaming sites like Netflix and Amazon Prime get into cartoons.

I mean, maybe, but cartoons are only like that because they're just a vehicle for advertising and merchandise and people need to be able to just watch the show without any problem because if they don't know what's going on 5 minutes into the show they're gonna turn it off and find something else. Netflix and Prime might solve that but it depends on how much money they're willing to shell out on cartoons that probably aren't going to generate much revenue. There just needs to be a new network for young adult/teenage/adult cartoons, or networks need to change up their late night line-up.

I mean, maybe, but cartoons are only like that because they're just a vehicle for advertising and merchandise and people need to be able to just watch the show without any problem because if they don't know what's going on 5 minutes into the show they're gonna turn it off and find something else. Netflix and Prime might solve that but it depends on how much money they're willing to shell out on cartoons that probably aren't going to generate much revenue. There just needs to be a new network for young adult/teenage/adult cartoons, or networks need to change up their late night line-up.

Cartoon Network and Adult Swim are doing pretty well in the young adult/teenage/adult cartoons department, but they haven't bothered a lot with serialization, either. I think it's just a culture thing.

Cartoon Network and Adult Swim are doing pretty well in the young adult/teenage/adult cartoons department, but they haven't bothered a lot with serialization, either. I think it's just a culture thing.

Like I just said, it's because viewers need to pick up the show at a moment's notice.

I'm hoping they release a new season soon. It's been a while since I heard anything about the show, hopefully it'll have something to do with spirits this time around.

Uh, well, Spirits was last season, and considering last season ended in like November I wouldn't count on seeing season 3 anytime soon. I'd bet on summer or early fall.