• Advertisement

Steel Sponge

Book 4 seems alright, I like how Toph came back especially during Korra's darkest moments. I imagine they're gonna develop some back story there. Also, Kuvira seems like an interesting character, my bet is that she's this season's main villain or at least will play a significant role in the story. Makes me wonder what's gonna happen next.

Aaaaaaaand I believe we've just gotten the best episode of the season thus far

Beyond The Wilds is definitely a classic, if not close. The conflicts and concepts the ep addressed were very interesting. The episode felt like a weird coalition of every Season of the show so far- the return Republic City setting evoked thoughts of Book 1, the spirit world felt like moments in Book 2, and we returned to Zaheer and finally got rid of Korra's PTSD baggage from Book 3. All around, well-paced, well-placed, well-written, well-animated...Just a really good episode. Sad that there are only 4 episodes left. :(Seeing Zaheer again was nice.

zaheer is avatar's best villain

#zaheermasterrace

• Like 1

It was a really good episode. I too liked seeing Zaheer again. Hopefully Korra gets herself together now that she got into the Spirit World and can talk to Ravaa. Though I wonder why Toph isn't doing anything about Kuvira and her army cutting vines in the swamp. She should've heard/felt that happening by now.

Yeah it had a lot to offer, I wasn't too pleased with the last few minutes since they seemed like a cliffhanger to me. But the battles and character development were superb compared to previous episodes. Its kinda sad that the series is ending now and probably the franchise on television, hopefully they'll make some comics like they did with ATLA. But surely I can say that it was a pleasure being an Avatar fan after all these years.

Spoiler

I'm in tears right. That finale was beautiful. Just absolutely beautiful.

The Action and Story: The action scenes were wonderfully crafted. Just beautiful to look at. The Korra versus Kuvira fight was incredibly sleek and Korra really showed off her prowess. I also figured long ago that Korra would be able to control the spirit energy, which she did and it was just the most eye stunning thing, similar to Aang's energybending at the end of Sozin's Comet. I also thought Mako had his best presentation of lightning bending ever. I'm glad he ended up okay. Also loved the Varrick-Zhu-Li stuff, and their wedding (everyone looked great!).

Korra opening up a new portal right in Republic City was interesting. Republic City is REALLY the melting pot of not only the nations, but the two worlds too. I am really proud of Korra.

The Characters: Everyone really had a chance to shine. Meelo, the Beifongs, Wu, the airbenders, nonbenders, Team Avatar, etc. I was really impressed that they had so many people able to share the lime light, even Hiroshi, whose death was heart wrenching, especially when he let Asami go. He went from trying to kill her to saving her life. I was even impressed with Kuvira's emotional ending, even though she realized way too late that the fight couldn't continue.

The Ending: Yup, us Korrasami shippers saw it coming, and it was incredible. I'm shocked Bryke would actually go through with it.

Well done Bryke, well freaking done.

• Like 3

I'm glad that things like this are allowed to even be hinted at on TV, but at the same time. That relationship was almost forced. It was definitely hinted at in an incredibly vague way, but it just felt like there was no build-up to it, and even those hints at the start of Balance didn't... Really have any motive. It kinda just felt like they felt they needed to end on a relationship and picked the only person on Team Avatar that wasn't already in a relationship and wasn't Mako. And for a show that I thought was originally using that last scene as a message showing the value of friendship (even though there are still flaws in how that was done), I'm just not sure how to feel about that lol. It's less forced than a random Makorra ending I guess, but in a way it's almost the same thing.

I think I much rather would've preferred all 4 members of Team Avatar going on that vacation tbh. I feel that would've been a good way to close out everything.