• Advertisement

Guilty Pleasure Movies/Music

MrColeslaw

Cars 2. I know people hate it for making Mater the main character. Yeah, I can see that and the moral was obviously terrible but I enjoyed spy acpect of the movie. It was a fun action flick.

Unpopular Opinion time: Cars 2 is better than the first one because things actually happened.

Music:

Avril Lavigne (first three albums only)

The 1975

Ace of Base

"Coco" - O.T. Genasis

"Everytime We Touch" - Cascada

"50 Ways to Say Goodbye" - Train

"Breakfast at Tiffany's" - Deep Blue Something

"I Just Called to Say I Love You" - Stevie Wonder

Movies:

Cat in the Hat

The Lorax (putting that in there too while I'm at it)

Pokemon: The First Movie

Man of Steel

Edited by Steel Sponge

On 10/21/2015, 12:46:18, Wumbo said:

You're the first person I've ever seen who's said this. I don't mean to put you on the spot, but I am curious as to why.

I'll admit that I tried to hate the movie retrospectively. I thought the movie had some really good jokes, which is one reason I stand by my guilty pleasure opinion. I feel guilty for liking a lot of the movie's jokes and because even if I'm aware of how tarnished The Cat In the Hat film is to the original source, I also get some "so bad it's good" vibes from the movie. Does it make sense to you?

Edited by Steel Sponge

I guess it's an unpopular opinion but Boyhood is a frustrating movie.  I get what they are going for and I can respect the risk they took, but so much of the movie drags that if you want to judge it, it's a good home movie because that's what it is.  But it's not a good movie when it comes to basic storytelling.  Which is why I don't understand the high praise.

29 minutes ago, Clappy said:

I guess it's an unpopular opinion but Boyhood is a frustrating movie.  I get what they are going for and I can respect the risk they took, but so much of the movie drags that if you want to judge it, it's a good home movie because that's what it is.  But it's not a good movie when it comes to basic storytelling.  Which is why I don't understand the high praise.

Wait, how is that a guilty pleasure movie for you? Cuz you didn't say "it was so bad but I still enjoyed it", kind of way. :P

Edited by WhoBob