• Advertisement

why hasn't Cartoon Network had a huge hit

Ron

like disney channel produced hannah montana 

nick had spongebob 

Cartoon Network's had great quality shows like Ed, Grim, etc. but they haven't had a dominating show like those aforementioned. theories on this? bad luck? less creativity? bad network direction? more risque content than the other networks??

• Like 1

have either of those been as culturally significant as disney/nick shows tho

I dunno. Ben 10 made $4.5 billion in retail sales. I'd say it's a huge "hit" as far as Cartoon Network is concerned. If you're looking for cultural significance then just give Adventure Time a couple more years.

Ben 10 ran for 9 years.

Tbh I completely forgot that show ever existed. I don't really see it on the schedule much anymore and I think that started happening after Omniverse ended.

What I meant is that Adventure Time and Regular Show are so popular on CN that they'll probably, and most likely, reach a 10 year legacy. Sorry about the confusion there.

I think it's because they've always been more group focused (multiple shows) than an individual (one show). However with their recent attempts to get their own "Spongebob", things are pretty sour (Johnny Test and Teen Titans Go).

• Like 5

Teen Titans Go? It's a ratings giant right now and tons of Cartoon Network's younger fans love it. If you're talking about a show that's doing great in ratings and has mass appeal with older audiences, I thought that Adventure Time and Regular Show had already achieved that goal.

On the subject of cultural impact though...you got me there.

Some could make an argument for The Powerpuff Girls.

And that some will be me. It had a movie, it had a network special, it's being rebooted for modern CN. It may not be as big as SpongeBob or Hannah Montana for their respective networks, but I haven't seen a single show on CN make a bigger case since The Powerpuff Girls, although Adventure Time is coming closer each day to being seen as the biggest cultural impact CN has ever created.

And that some will be me. It had a movie, it had a network special, it's being rebooted for modern CN. It may not be as big as SpongeBob or Hannah Montana for their respective networks, but I haven't seen a single show on CN make a bigger case since The Powerpuff Girls, although Adventure Time is coming closer each day to being seen as the biggest cultural impact CN has ever created.

Ben 10 had two live-action TV movies, at least one animated movie, a crossover special, three sequels, and it's also being rebooted.

• Like 1

Ben 10 had two live-action TV movies, at least one animated movie, a crossover special, three sequels, and it's also being rebooted.

But did Ben 10 have a theatrical film?

Also never really knew that it was that big tbh. I never really saw merchandising like I did with Powerpuff Girls, but maybe that's due to the fact PPV was big before I took a break from CN.