• Advertisement

why hasn't Cartoon Network had a huge hit

Ron

It's because kids like them. The TTG bomb last week got 11 million views. 11 MILLION. It seems like CN is going to make that one their flagship show once AT and RS are decommissioned because whenever it airs, the ratings skyrocket.

That's a false statistic. CN has never had an 11 million premiere for anything. If TTG ever gets 11 million views for a new episode, you can ban me from this website. That's how confident I am that will never happen.
  • Like 7

It's because kids like them. The TTG bomb last week got 11 million views. 11 MILLION. It seems like CN is going to make that one their flagship show once AT and RS are decommissioned because whenever it airs, the ratings skyrocket.

I don't think they will because CN will want one of their original shows to be the flagship shows.

Seems like their strategy has been working out well for them for the past few years. Why change it?

It makes sense that Cartoon Network would use THAT strategy; it's the exact SAME strategy used by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera (the original founders of Cartoon Network, and the MAJOR reason why Cartoon Network aired a LOT of Hanna-Barbera cartoons for the first four years of its existence.) Plus, making a LOT of Cartoon Network's cartoons MERCHANDISEABLE and hitting the right markets (and NOT oversaturating them) makes Cartoon Network more respectable than Nickelodeon. :)