• Advertisement

Things You Liked as a Kid

crushingmayhem

-Spongebob (still do obvi)

-Video games such as Kirby Air Ride, Sonic Heroes, 1080° Avalanche, Mario Kart Double Dash, this one dirt bike game I forget the name of, Backyard Baseball, The Spongebob Movie game, Animal Crossing, etc. 

theres probs more that i can't think of at the moment

Disney Channel, The-N, Millsberry.com, The-N.com, family vactions, school (I know this is weird, but I loved going to school when I was little lol), sphagetti, and I'm sure there's much more I can't remember atm.

Windows X P

Nintendo GameBoy

Pokemon

Nintendo GameCube

Super Smash Bros. Melee

SpongeBob

Rugrats

The Fairly OddParents

Jimmy Neutron

The Amanda Show

Ed, Edd n Eddy

The Powerpuff Girls

Dexter's Lab

Cartoon Cartoon Fridays

etc.

Too much things to list

-Burger King toys

-The Hardy Boys books

-Nick at Nite

-Ed, Edd, n Eddy fanfiction

-Sugar-free candy (I SWEAR TO GOD I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP)

-Getting up early

-PC games (Loved the Spongebob and Harry Potter ones and played the shit out of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Power of Chaos trilogy)

Cartoon Network shows like Dexter's Lab, Courage, Johnny Bravo, Cow & Chicken, PPG, Ed, Edd & Eddy, most Toonami shows, etc.

Nickelodeon shows like Rugrats, Hey Arnold, All That, Kenan & Kel, CatDog, Rocko's Modern Life, Ren & Stimpy, etc.

Dragon Ball Z

Pokemon

NES

N64

Hot Wheels cars.

Mario Games.

Zelda

Goldeneye

Duke Nukem

MS-DOS games

And a few others. There's plenty of more stuff but not all the things I like are from my childhood. Could've added the Gamecube but that's from my early teen days.

-Nutella

-Snow

-SpongeBob

-Nintendo games

oh wait nothing has changed

Jokes aside

-Tomagotchi (Second grade these were the bomb)

-Karate

-Water Gun/Nerf Gun fights

-Water Balloons

-Swimming

-Sledding

-Snowball fights

-Happily assaulting my family by smashing snow on their faces, often on the coldest of days

-Soccer

Well besides the obvious things I still do like now that I liked as a kid

-I was way more into video games as a kid.  I still like video games now, but I use to get a new game a month it felt like.  I haven't bought a new game in three months and rarely play console games as much as I use to.

-Pokémon cards

-Playing with my stuffed animals

-Razor Scooters....holy dear god that fad was huge in the late 90s/early 2000s.

-Water guns

-NERF

-Garfield.  I still read the comics from time to time and I still re-read my books every once in awhile but I use to cut the Garfield comics out of the newspapers and glued them to notebooks just so I can preserve them.

-Same thing for Peanuts comics as well.

-Reading the newspaper for Sports, Entertainment, and Comics.

-Comics.

• Like 1

- French Toast Crunch

- Rice Krispie Treats

- Lays sour cream and onion chips

- This one locally made sweet hotdog buns. No hotdog, just the bun.

- Grape juice. I had went through some major withdrawal when this local company stopped making my favorite brand and now I just don't drink the stuff cuz it'll never taste like that.

- Magic Treehouse Books. Looked forward to these like crazy.

- skating/biking/surfing (thank you for making my parents worry about me that much more, Rocket Power)

- collecting Tech Deck Dudes

- playing Cartoon Orbit (used to hit up the CN games alot in general, but Orbit really gave me something to do in my spare time)

- Nick Jr

- Mini Golf. I miss mini golf nights.

- Archery. Me pop used to take me to the ranges a lot.

- Vault Disney gave me something to stay up for until it got axed and adult swim came along

- Running. Did quite a bit of track in elementary.

- Dodgeball/sham battle. These dominated my recesses for years. I should really join my friend in the local dodgeball league here.

• Like 1

S'more...

-Crash Bandicoot (I remember playing Crash Bash, the Traveler's Tales games, and even Crash of the Titans LOTS even after realizing most fans didn't like them :P)

-Gum (I once took five sticks, each one a different flavor, and tried molding them all into a multi-flavored chewing gum ball. XD)

-Making waffles (Would also try making up different pancake recipes ALL the time)

-Boomerang (I used to watch reruns of Tom and Jerry, Popeye, and Dexter's Laboratory like there was no tomorrow)

-Stuffed animals (Thank you for reminding me, Clappy. My older siblings and I actually bonded over these things, I kid you not.)

-Cartoon Network games (Thank you for reminding me, OMJ. I also loved Orbit.)

-Pajamas (These were MY kind of clothes when I was a kid. I still really like them, even today.)

-Neopets (I don't care how many people make fun of it, this site was my life when I was a nine-year old kid. Fuck, I still loved it going back to it when I was FOURTEEN.)

• Like 1

- Yu-Gi-Oh (they held tournaments at the library every Friday and holy hell were they a lot of fun)

- Runescape (so many all nighters at my friends houses doing Barrows runs until we got Guthan's Spears or Verac's Flails or finishing absurd quests like Mourning's End or fishing or trying to get clue scrolls or doing Wildy runs)

- Neopets

- Pajama Sam, Spy Fox, Putt-Putt, and Backyard Baseball

- Beyblades

- Pogs (for a time)

- Pokemon

- Digimon (also for a time)

- That MMO Kids Next Door game on Cartoon Network's website

- Addictinggames.com

- Smash Mouth

- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2

- Code Lyoko

- Mario Kart Double Dash

- Pulling all nighters every weekend with my friend trying to see how fast we can beat Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door

- Super Smash Bros Melee

- Waking up at 5 in the morning to watch Detective Conan, Astro Boy, Inuyasha, and Yu Yu Hakusho on Cartoon Network

- Battle for Bikini Bottom

- Stealing the newspaper every Sunday and cutting out that image that turned 3D if you unfocused your eyes (I collected them because I thought they were the best thing ever)

• Like 2

-VHS tapes

-Fruit by the Foot

-Computer games like Bugdom and Oregon Trail

-PS2 video games

-Barbie dolls

-Beanie Babies

-Shoes that light up

-Junie B. Jones

-Andrew Lost

-The Magic Tree House

-Bailey School Kids

-Highlights for Kids

-Arthur and PBS Kids in general

-Powerpuff Girls (my 8th birthday party was PPG themed) and most Cartoon Cartoons in general

-Early Spongebob and most Nicktoons in general

-Garfield

• Like 1