• Advertisement

Should SpongeBob end?

Wumbledon

With the movie and future episodes having Hillenburg more involved, definitely not. I really want to see if it brings back the old pre movie fans who've strayed from the show long ago. I'm sure the series itself won't last more than five years after 2015.

• Like 1

Nah, I want to see how SB does post-second movie. I think the series is popular enough to survive for at the very least, five more years. With Nick suffering a rough patch, they will undoubtedly keep SB around for the long haul.

A few years ago, maybe. The show's at a state of constant improvement at this point, killing it off would feel wrong. I'm definitely feeling the new movie and crew will invigorate the show for the better - So, ending the show right as it begins a 3rd era that's looking much brighter than the 2nd one? 

Nah.

A year ago, I would have said a solid yes. The show had little hope for improvement to the point where it was worth keeping it afloat.

Now, with the new movie looking promising and Hillenburg coming back, there may be some imporvement. Granted, I don't think we will ever reach anything much better than Season 4 quality (if we even have reached Season 4 quality) but I do think that the episodes that we could get with Hillenburg would be better than those we're getting these days. That being said, I don't see Hilenburg making as much of an impact as a lot of people think he will.

It will definitely last through the 2020s especially now that the third movie has been announced for a 2019 release date, and I'm very sure SpongeBob will continue for several decades beyond that. Vincent himself has said upfront that he expects the show to outlive most of the crew.

As for my personal opinion, I'd give the current crew a couple years to find their footing and then end it, but that's not gonna happen.

It is kind of weird though that the only reason SpongeBob has lasted this long is due to corporate greed. I do think that there are a lot of good episode after the first movie (especially the ones this year), but it's still kind of evident the show's run is being artificially extended.

I consider SB to be this generation's Looney Tunes/Scooby Doo. 

Edited by Teamwork

On 12/19/2014, 5:49:09, Aquatic Nuggets said:

A few years ago, maybe. The show's at a state of constant improvement at this point, killing it off would feel wrong. I'm definitely feeling the new movie and crew will invigorate the show for the better - So, ending the show right as it begins a 3rd era that's looking much brighter than the 2nd one? 

Nah.

dude you were right af high five