• Advertisement

Meghan Trainor

Clappy

She's all about that bass, no treble.

I'm tired of All About That Bass, but has anyone heard of her other stuff? I tried to listen to two of her other songs and Lips Are Movin is meh, but Dear Future Husband is just horribad.

I treated "All About That Bass" with kid gloves in my review, because I didn't want to upset anyone (not that anyone reads my blog anyway), but... God damn, that song is so annoying. Meghan Trainor sounds like a Chipette who smoked a lifetime's worth of cigarettes. And the whole song's kind of off-putting with its mismatched attitudes. Snarky one minute, "you go, girl" the next. I can't follow it.

There are parts where she drops the voice and just sings which are okay, and I'm sure she has talent. But damn, that song could have been so much better.

Not a fan of her music and even made a cartoon making fun of that "All About that Bass" song, though I do find her somewhat attractive. If you've seen me on SBM, you know how much I've gone into that subject. I heard that song in a Spanish radio station of all places one day and they wouldn't stop playing it everyday. Lol.

• Like 1

lyrics garb

Themes are almost kinda almost decent and positive but then she ruins it by skinny shaming

Will say that I like her production because I've always had a soft spot for doo-wop

Meh singer

Overall not a very good artist, not a fan of how AATB wasn't her only hit song

(lowkey would smash but that's a different story)