• Advertisement

Ebola

SpongeOddFan

I'm tired of hearing about it and I'm tired of hearing how fucking idiotic people are. Yes, you have ebola, it makes perfect sense for you to go on holiday or violate quarantine to get food or take a plane anywhere. Why the fuck not. It's not like other people are alive or anything.

I'm also sick of hearing people say that it was arrogant for anyone to think it was going to stay contained in Africa because it absolutely should have been. Airlifting doctors out to get them better treatment? Yes, sure, that's perfectly reasonable. Treat them here, they'll most likely survive, and keep them in quarantine. Simple. There was no reason to assume that people would be so stupid about it.

Honestly at this point if the government just came out and said that they were telling everyone to spread it to lower the population I would probably not be that shocked because I just can't comprehend how people can't grasp the whole "don't fucking go anywhere when you have ebola".

• Like 8

Honestly, I don't get easily offended, but for some reason it makes me mad when a bunch of idiots at school say some person got ebola because they're coughing and stuff like that as a joke. I don't know why it's specifically ebola, though.

Honestly, I don't get easily offended, but for some reason it makes me mad when a bunch of idiots at school say some person got ebola because they're coughing and stuff like that as a joke. I don't know why it's specifically ebola, though.

I think ebola jokes are great. They were better before this year because no one ever cared about it but they're still great. Ebola is just a funny word to say.

• Like 2

Ebola won't spread to the Americas that easily, its still in Africa even though they reported a case in Spain, but that was a priest who had returned from the part of Africa that's affected. I'd still be concerned about the spread of ebola but not as much as the media portraits it.

I'm tired of hearing about it and I'm tired of hearing how fucking idiotic people are. Yes, you have ebola, it makes perfect sense for you to go on holiday or violate quarantine to get food or take a plane anywhere. Why the fuck not. It's not like other people are alive or anything.

I'm also sick of hearing people say that it was arrogant for anyone to think it was going to stay contained in Africa because it absolutely should have been. Airlifting doctors out to get them better treatment? Yes, sure, that's perfectly reasonable. Treat them here, they'll most likely survive, and keep them in quarantine. Simple. There was no reason to assume that people would be so stupid about it.

Honestly at this point if the government just came out and said that they were telling everyone to spread it to lower the population I would probably not be that shocked because I just can't comprehend how people can't grasp the whole "don't fucking go anywhere when you have ebola".

This pretty much.

The media is overblowing the fuck out of the Ebola "crisis". It's like the whole swine flu pandemic from 2009, except being reported on far heavier than that ever was.

• Like 1

Ebola won't spread to the Americas that easily, its still in Africa even though they reported a case in Spain, but that was a priest who had returned from the part of Africa that's affected. I'd still be concerned about the spread of ebola but not as much as the media portraits it.

There were a few cases in Texas, but they're nothing to be worried about. Ebola as a whole doesn't seem like it'll be much of an issue in the States, and I hardly believe that it'll kill us all.

There were a few cases in Texas, but they're nothing to be worried about. Ebola as a whole doesn't seem like it'll be much of an issue in the States, and I hardly believe that it'll kill us all.

Yeah, other countries have better healthcare than the African countries passing through the virus. They can probably contain the virus and avoid the spread of it.

This pretty much.

The media is overblowing the fuck out of the Ebola "crisis". It's like the whole swine flu pandemic from 2009, except being reported on far heavier than that ever was.

My friends and I actually talked about swine flu in class the other day. Ebola was brought up and one of my friends went "oh yeah remember when swine flu was supposed to kill us?" and then another friend of mine and I just riffed off of that and kept bringing up stupid diseases that were supposed to be worse than they actually were.

Fuck ebola man. It's a huge deal in West Africa for sure, and if we don't contain it then there are going to be problems but the media doesn't have to do a three day report every time a doctor gets airlifted to a hospital for treatment because it's just going to cause widespread panic.

• Like 1

The media's always used to cause panic among the population. Just like during the swine flu pandemic, it only caused fear and didn't help when time came and the flu infected many people. I don't see how this is different from last time, other than being a different disease altogether. Here in the Caribbean, a lot of people have been infected with the Chikungunya virus, yet the media keeps talking about ebola instead of the real deal. But that's just something that happens, even though it can be prevented. Ebola's something serious, but I think the media has gonna too far in scaring people over just one person.

Looks like ebola's in NYC now.

Hope I get it. I could stand to lose a few pounds; I can never make it to the gym and I don't have the conviction to go on a diet, so getting ebola seems like a quick and easy way to lose weight fast. Flat stomach, here I come!

Looks like ebola's in NYC now.

Hope I get it. I could stand to lose a few pounds; I can never make it to the gym and I don't have the conviction to go on a diet, so getting ebola seems like a quick and easy way to lose weight fast. Flat stomach, here I come!

Hopefully the NYC peeps desire to go to New England this weekend because Upstate doens't exist, remember guys? ;D

The Ebola thing is so stupid. The media is blowing the fuck out of it, and I doubt ebola won't even be relevant in like a few months. No one will get it, except a few people. Chill the fuck out, America.

I'm sure it's still going to be relevant in the comings months, considering people have been saying it won't be relevant in a few months ever since it started back in April/May. It's not just going to disappear overnight in Africa, and no one in America is competent enough to deal with it properly. It won't kill us all but it's still going to be a big concern.