• Advertisement

Making a Franchise Out of the SB Movies

Urchees

I definitely don't want that, especially since they'd most likely be straight to DVD or something. What I wouldn't mind is one last theatrical movie when SB ends once and for all, depending on if the 2nd one is good.

Or they can, you know, put all their effort into episodes.

There's a reason why, for example, Disney movie sequels are so freaking bad - little time, little means of effort, little desire.

Putting out movies consistently for SpongeBob will inevitably lead to the above.

This could be a possibility of doing well if SpongeBob weren't already a TV series, but a movie franchise AND a TV series will just make the whole franchise burn out if it hasn't already done so.

• Like 1

no thanks, it'll have poor box office.

Honestly, you could not be more wrong.  More movies = more money, depending on how the 2015 movie goes.

I would be open to more movies if they had good ideas for them.  Otherwise, we would get SpongeBob in Paris and SpongeBob Goes Wild.

Honestly, you could not be more wrong.  More movies = more money, depending on how the 2015 movie goes.

I would be open to more movies if they had good ideas for them.  Otherwise, we would get SpongeBob in Paris and SpongeBob Goes Wild.

My thoughts on a SB movie franchise would feel much worse if they ever decide to take an Air Buddies route. But it's not like that could possibly happen....

Quality > Quantity

We don't even know how well this upcoming movie will be. Constantly adding movies would be both stressful for us fans who want the best and the staff who would constantly have to make these. They cost a ton of money and time anyways. We have specials just about every year now those are like mini movies to me. SpongeBob is a series first.

• Like 1

So, if the sequel is fantastic in quality, would you all still not support a franchise? I personally think if they continued to produce quality films, there'd be no creative reason to stop.