• Advertisement

Weezer

trixiE.

Pinkerton is just about my favorite album I've listened to, and probably the album that's got me through the most tough times, and the Blue Album is high up there in the ranks too. Their newer stuff seems more derivative and less inspired to me, because Pinkerton was critically panned upon its release and so Rivers decided to incorporate more simple and less personal subject matter into his later albums, as well as a more pop-focused, clean sound. Their upcoming album, Everything Will Be Alright in the End, looks promising, the various sound clips they've released from songs on the album sound a lot like Blue/Pinkerton. I didn't really like Back to the Shack though...

A classic rock band that brings back good memories. I love them like I do with The Shins or Queen where the feel just perfect.

Weezer isn't classic rock, just saying. They're just about 20 years old (As a band)

Anyways, I love their first 2 records and I guess The Green Album was okay (I really dig "Hash Pipe") and I've been hearing so much different stuff about their new record. I'm not buying it; I'll probably just find it on youtube because I've heard my neighbor talking about how great the record was but a lot of people are just "ehh". I guess I've got to try it out. 

Weezer isn't classic rock, just saying. They're just about 20 years old (As a band)

Anyways, I love their first 2 records and I guess The Green Album was okay (I really dig "Hash Pipe") and I've been hearing so much different stuff about their new record. I'm not buying it; I'll probably just find it on youtube because I've heard my neighbor talking about how great the record was but a lot of people are just "ehh". I guess I've got to try it out. 

I meant they're classic as in good. :P

Awesome band although their last few records have done nothing for me.  I haven't gotten to check out the White Album though, but I don't know if I want to with how horrible I found Everything Will Be Alright in the End.

On 4/12/2016 at 11:14 AM, Clappy said:

Awesome band although their last few records have done nothing for me.  I haven't gotten to check out the White Album though, but I don't know if I want to with how horrible I found Everything Will Be Alright in the End.

What Everything Will Be Alright In The End was fucking great

The old Weezer is back with Everything Will Be Alright In The End and The White Album and it's fucking glorious

1 hour ago, CyanideFishbone said:

What Everything Will Be Alright In The End was fucking great

The old Weezer is back with Everything Will Be Alright In The End and The White Album and it's fucking glorious

Definitely disagree with you on Everything but I did end up catching The White Album and it's solid.  Far from their best, but so much better than Everything.

43 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Definitely disagree with you on Everything but I did end up catching The White Album and it's solid.  Far from their best, but so much better than Everything.

What were some of your objections with EWBAITE? I'm not saying your opinion is wrong, not at all, it's your opinion and I respect that, but I just want to know where you're coming from.