• Advertisement

What would be the ultimate novel to you?

Cha

Mine would a one about a creepy and unsettling tropical island where one person is stranded. The person is troubled some with his/her past already, yet he's an overall good person. There's probably a million kinds of those stories.

Mine would a one about a creepy and unsettling tropical island where one person is stranded. The person is troubled some with his/her past already, yet he's an overall good person. There's probably a million kinds of those stories.

Lost is literally that with more people. :P

• Like 2

A blank piece of paper.

...if you are trying to be funny, it's really not working. This is spam more than anything else.

My ultimate novel would be a fantasy adventure novel in the mold of Lord of the Rings. I kinda wish there were more modern day trilogies as good as this classic.

• Like 3

Hmm...my dream epic novel would have sex, violence, gore, bloodshed, satanism, demons, angels, dirty old men, boobs, more blood, more boobs, punk, aliens, cats, satanic cats, satanic punk cats, possession, sex, more sex, mental illness, mental decay, rotten corpses, babies, dudes, transvestites, hookers, serial killers, gangsters, Masters of the Flying Guillotine, shotgun blasts to the head, shotgun blasts to the chest, a lot of gun action, explosions, Charles Bronson, zombie dicks, zombies, feminists, fat people, skinny people, white people, black people, everyone else, drugs, drug trips, decapitation, flying intestines, ghosts, axe murders, the electric chair, more explosions, and terminoob <3

• Like 5

Hmm...my dream epic novel would have sex, violence, gore, bloodshed, satanism, demons, angels, dirty old men, boobs, more blood, more boobs, punk, aliens, cats, satanic cats, satanic punk cats, possession, sex, more sex, mental illness, mental decay, rotten corpses, babies, dudes, transvestites, hookers, serial killers, gangsters, Masters of the Flying Guillotine, shotgun blasts to the head, shotgun blasts to the chest, a lot of gun action, explosions, Charles Bronson, zombie dicks, zombies, feminists, fat people, skinny people, white people, black people, everyone else, drugs, drug trips, decapitation, flying intestines, ghosts, axe murders, the electric chair, more explosions, and terminoob <3

I'd read the novelization of the movie of this book.

• Like 2

I usually don't really have the nerve to start reading some of the books I own. So I don't think I have the thought to express what novel I would consider my perfect read. I like a good story, but for some reason, but I never get the fun to reading them. Since I have to express something, my ultimate novel would be something that is "fun to read."

Spoiler

A fantasy story that has a seemingly innocent premise up until it spirals into insanity with a highly disturbing twist. What would follow would be lots of weird dialogue, lots of outlandish plot twists, vulgarity, characters with bizarre fetishes, bizarre scenes of both senseless gore and sex (at least fifteen of them involving ponies), creation, evolution, Native Americans, Europeans, Japanese people, Egyptian hieroglyphics, references to mythology, references to video games (both popular and obscure), references to manga (both popular and obscure), references to fanfiction, references to the Angry Video Game Nerd, satire of internet memes, satire of television, satire of music, satire of satire, idiosyncratic protagonists (at least one hero who's super OCD and at least one heroine who's half-insane), idiosyncratic villains (with one having a peculiar appreciation for mainstream pop music, and another being crazy religious), odd uses of weaponry and armor, odd choices of weaponry and armor, Engrish, courtrooms, ninjas, knights, demons, priests, paladins, deranged clowns, a deranged narrator, cartoon characters, Tommy Wisaeu, Scott Pilgrim, chocobos, anthropomorphic cows, anthropomorphic donuts, anthropomorphic clouds, shadow creatures, phoenixes, transformations, distortion of time and space, distortion of reality, magic, chakra, magicians, a corrupt government of sorcerers, shamans, magical scientists, magical woodland creatures offering people magic drugs, three apocalyptic events (one involving zombies, one involving evil gods, and one involving human-eating ponies), characters being eaten alive, grotesque death scenes, grotesque resurrection scenes, supernatural illnesses, Super Mecha Death Christ, reincarnation, ghosts, souls, alternate universes, a bunch of other shit I can't remember at the moment, spiritual themes, one final crazy plot twist that makes a seemingly muddled story come full circle, and a shocking ending that appears to be sad or bittersweet, but is actually happy.

Something similar to Haruhi Suzumiya would be good too though.

I usually don't really have the nerve to start reading some of the books I own. So I don't think I have the thought to express what novel I would consider my perfect read. I like a good story, but for some reason, but I never get the fun to reading them. Since I have to express something, my ultimate novel would be something that is "fun to read."

Ratbridge Chronicles by Alan Snow. Children/young adult book, over 500 pages, over 500 illustrations that depict characters, settings, or bits of sentences/descriptions. Right from page 1 there's an adventure and it absolutely snowballs from there. It's ridiculously fun to read, and because it's a bit on the younger side the reading goes by really quickly (and it helps that each page usually averages half text because the illustrations take up a good chunk of space). A lot of adventure, a lot of creatures, a lot of mystery, and a decently well-thought out plot for a kid's book. Really, really recommend it.