• Advertisement

One-Time SpongeBob Characters: Where Are They Now?

Wumbo

So you've got the spin-offs about SpongeBob and Squidward and Patrick. But what about those one-time characters that everybody forgets about? The ones that get one, maybe two lines per episode? Whatever happened to them after said episode? Well, Wumbology here will, along with talking in the third person, uncover these stories one by one. Will post the first ASAP, concerning the ravenous anchovies from Help Wanted.

• Like 1

The idea you have here, I'll be looking forward to this.

To be honest, I've had a month old idea about combinding minor, recurring, background, and characters of the day, all alike. You can tell why I'm held up on this, but it's a work in progress.

Edited by Harold Claude

I feel the same way. I have ideas and I have even tried to create background character spin-offs ex: Dolphin Warriors based off of the Dolphin Warrior and James Robert SquarePants based off of SpongeBob's grandson. Even now I want to try to make one, but I can't wait to see how you create this Wumbo. I'll be tuned in for this. :)

• Like 1

Season 1

Episode 1 - Help Wanted: Where Are They Now?

Hello, friends. Compadres. What have you. My name is Wumbology. You may be wondering about the lives of certain SpongeBob characters. With the main characters, you get the luxury of knowing, because their lives are presented to you season after season. But what about those mysterious one-time characters? What had become of them after their one shot at fame? Well, I'm here to dig deep and find out. Warning: These stories may change your views on these one-time, maybe even one-line characters... forever.

We start with Help Wanted.

The Anchovies

After having Krabby Patty after Krabby Patty shoved down their insatiable gullets, the group known simply as "The Anchovies" walked out. But they forgot one very important thing: to pay. Right after Mr. Krabs congratulated SpongeBob on a job well done, he realized this too. And he didn't like it one bit. He called the police to track down this mysterious group who, up until now, he only heard about through disheveled restaurant owner after disheveled restaurant owner. The one thing that stood out in his mind was the description of the smell. That smell. That damn smell, described to him through warnings so many times he could imagine the exact smell before they even came.

The Anchovies travelled to the next restaurant across the ocean, hoping to pull another dine-and-dash. But the police were hot on their tailfins. The bus drivers, not wanting to be involved, turned them in right away. But The Anchovies didn't go down without a fight. No sir. And what a fight it was. The leader of the group, Jordan Fisher, wound up with two black eyes and a ruptured gill. And that's just the tip of the iceberg when we're talking injuries. Robbie ended up with two broken legs, Sam got a concussion, Joey ended up with a fat lip, and the list goes on. When The Anchovies finally died down, they were taken into custody straight away. After six months in the stony lonesome, Jordan Fisher represented The Anchovies in a lawsuit against Mr. Krabs and the police officers who brutalized them. They lost the suit against Mr. Krabs, but the judge agreed that the attack by the police officers was too harsh and offered The Anchovies monetary compensation. They are now roaming free, looking for another restaurant to clean out.

• Like 8

Episode 2: Ripped Pants - Where Are They Now?

Joshua Griffin (The disgusted fry cook)

After SpongeBob used that lame "20 cases of ripped pants" joke on him, Joshua thought long and hard about the choices he had made to end up as a fry cook on a beach, only to get taunted by the common men. He decided that he hadn't lived his life to the fullest and quit his job, then went to college. He completed his Master's Degree, and went on to become a skilled social studies teacher, inspiring all kinds of students to make a difference in this world.

Gary McCallister (the fish whom SpongeBob borrows marshmallows from)

After eating an entire bag of marshmallows, Gary began to feel very sick. He went home and got some bed rest, and while resting he considered joining a fitness club to work off those extra pounds. He joined the Fit as a Fiddle Weight Loss Club, where he proceeded to lose 10 pounds in the first week! He is now a TV spokesperson for the company, only lacking Jennifer Hudson's voice.

The lifeguard who "saved" SpongeBob

After being burned by SpongeBob's thoughtless prank, the lifeguard came to a similar realization as Joshua: What was he doing here? Surely there are better jobs out there than defending the ungrateful? Just like that, he quit his job, leaving Larry to take over. But unlike Joshua, the lifeguard had no other qualifications than saving lives. So he couldn't find a job anywhere. Too proud to return to his job at Goo Lagoon, he now roams the streets of downtown Bikini Bottom, hoping to exact revenge on "that damn sponge", as he calls him. Watch out, little square dude.

Sheldon Bruckheimer, Millie Vanilla, and Walter Whale (the three band members in that "Ripped Pants" song)

After SpongeBob (or Sponge Lennon, as they called him) left the band to be with his Yoko Ono, the three tried to continue on without him, becoming a blues trio all about the hazards one might face on the beach. Record sales plummeted after consumers complained that the band was "too preachy" about matters like sunscreen and not leaving your buns where they might get sandy. They soon broke up and parted ways, hoping for a reunion one day when the public's opinion of music has changed. Of course, Walter ended up buried alive again shortly after, because nobody really likes him.

• Like 7

Thanks for the compliments, gentlemen! I'm trying to do this in chronological order, but of course, what with me being only human, I'm bound to slip up sometimes. That's why at the end of each season, I'll do the Top 4 characters that I missed as requested by my faithful viewers!

Episode 3: The Ballad of Chris Murdock

Patty (Plankton's Lab, Plankton!)

Plankton's Lab was adopted from an animal shelter because Plankton needed a comforting shoulder to lean on after disappointment after disappointment. Unfortunately, his need for comfort soon turned into a need to abuse. The poor animal was subjected to all kinds of abuse. Finally, Karen decided she wouldn't let this go on any longer and called the ASPCA to have Patty taken to a better home. The deed was done, Plankton was arrested, and Patty went to a loving family that she never had.

Paul Gunthrop (the "Hey, I doubt it!" guy from Boating School)

Right after Paul got his license, he went out to buy a new boatmobile. Driving along, he began to ponder the effects his words have on people. For example, did he crush SpongeBob's morale with his fleeting words? While thinking, he didn't pay attention to where he was going and crashed into a fire hydrant. His license got suspended, and as a result, he has stopped thinking about the consequences of his harsh words and now focuses on himself and nobody else. This has caused him to become a hermit, living in seclusion from everyone, and surviving on berries and stray jellyfish jelly.

Chris Murdock (the guy who didn't get his drink in Pizza Delivery)

Chris Murdock wasn't a bad guy, really. He just didn't seem to know how to make friends. He was a bit of an egoist, always seeing things his way and no one else's. Often, he turned to food to ease the pain. Sweet, succulent food. And tonight, he was in the mood for pizza. Good old fashioned pizza, like they had in his hometown. Unfortunately, Chris knew of no good pizza places in Bikini Bottom. So he opened the phone book and picked a restaurant at random, which happened to be The Krusty Krab. He ordered pizza and a drink. At least, he thought he ordered a drink. Really, he couldn't remember if he ordered one. But he definitely expected a drink.

So when SpongeBob came without a drink, he got mad. I'm talking really mad. He yelled at SpongeBob so harshly that SpongeBob ran off crying. Squidward shoved the pizza box into his face, yada yada yada. But what happened afterwards is what's important here.

After SpongeBob and Squidward left, Chris stared at the pizza box. His eyes started to well up with tears, as he realized that this was yet another human interaction he had botched. He decided that it was time to rid himself of this world, and hung himself from the ceiling fan soon after. When police discovered his body, they found this note along with it.

Dear citizens of the sea:

I regret to inform you that I have decided to end my life. Why, you might ask? Well, given my behaviour over the past few years, I have decided that my presence in this world is holding it back. I have no will, so anyone who wants to take my things can feel free. I have no use for them where I'm going. Again, I'd like to apologize for my behaviour to anyone I may have scorned, and I hope that the world will be able to move past my attitude.

-Chris Murdock

RIP CHRIS MURDOCK, 1964-1999

• Like 7