• Advertisement

SpongeBob Writers Moving to Uncle Grandpa? New writers coming soon?

Shark Tale

I'm pretty sure Season 9 production is halted, considering the new film, and we haven't gotten any new titles in ages, not to  mention Nick's slow airing of Season 9.

As for Season 10, there has been no official announcement by Nickelodeon if it will happen or not.

That could be a possibility, but then again, maybe it's just Nick trolling with us by not releasing titles.

I agree with PatBack. I don't have high hopes for season 10 too because I think the writers are running out ideas. There are some remakes of old episodes in season 8 and 9. I don't think season 10 will be great but If there is a 10th season, I'll be happy because I want to see more new SpongeBob episodes and I just hope it will be great as season 1-3. I'll give season 10 a chance. Not just SpongeBob, The Simpsons should end with a bang too. "Holidays of Future Passed" episode of The Simpsons would have been a great series finale.

• Like 1

I'm actually really okay with a lot of the writers leaving. If enough of the Season 4-9 crew stay on, I think we could have another Season 4 on our hands, which was a very effective blend of the more visual style of Post-Movie and the more writing-centric style of Pre-Movie. I think the current crew needs a bit of a break and some new members could help balance out the tendencies the crew tends to fall into at times. Plus, new blood could finally make the show go into new territory, and I'd be in favor of a new experimental era akin to Season 4.

Sorta random, but maybe Sherm Cohen will return to the show if it continues? Since he is on the new movie.

• Like 3

If SpongeBob were to die after Season 9 or a possible Season 10, Nickelodeon will die itself. They would be extremely stupid to end the show, since it's basically Nick's lifeline right now. I don't see Avatar being milked, since I don't even believe even with the original their was much merchandise to profit off of. TMNT and FOP maybe, but TMNT and FOP dorn't really have the same worldwide fandom that SpongeBob has.

And I really don't see any of the other Nicktoons topping SpongeBob at all. Not even SJC.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they all left by the end of Season 9, and that the new team of writers in the second half of Season 9 will continue into the supposed Season 10 (if that does happen, right now it is really just rumors).

There's gonna be a Season 10. Nick relies on SpongeBob too much to cancel it now.

I really hope if there is a season 10 it's the last season. Like PatBack said, I rather have the show end with a bang like the second movie. It's not that I don't like the show, it's just that I think it's run enough. And seeing that we'll get more writers, who knows if it will turn out for the better or worse.

I agree, and for some reason I rather see the show end in an honorable way rather than as a show with a bad reputation. After all, most Spongebob fans want the show to be remembered as an influential show that changed the way cartoons and television shows should be. It would be pretty bad of the show ends up being hated in the future, that is if the 2nd movie or future seasons don't go very well.

If the first episode came after the second movie turns out to be bad. I'm going to take all my hope, spit on it, pee on it, excrete over it, set it on fire, throws it into a very deep hole while it's still on fire, fill the hole with molten titanium, and pretend it never existed.

• Like 1

Out of boredom, I decided to check the credits of Kenny the Cat and Yeti Krabs from the Greek files I downloaded to see if there were any new crew members listed. I was looking at the Storyboard Artists part and look at who was listed...

storyboardartist_zpsa79b244a.jpg

That's right, Erik Wiese is back as a Storyboard Artist. He was previously one from Seasons 1-5, and was also a Storyboard Director/Writer with Zeus Cervas in Season 4. We've known he will be on the new movie, but it is interesting that he is back to the show as well. Could this mean he'll go back to writing too?

• Like 2