• Advertisement

SpongeBob Writers Moving to Uncle Grandpa? New writers coming soon?

Shark Tale

For those not aware, some of the current post-movie SpongeBob writers such as Casey Alexander, Luke Brookshier, and Marc Ceccerelli have been writing on episodes of the new Cartoon Network series "Uncle Grandpa". This might mean those three could be leaving the show, or for all we know, all of the remaining post-movie writers could be on Uncle Grandpa while production on Season 9 is halted for the new film.

In fact, I'm pretty positive that up to SpongeBob, You're Fired is all that is done for Season 9 so far, hence why Nick is slowly airing Season 9. This would also explain why we haven't gotten any new titles past SpongeBob, You're Fired.

Vincent Waller also mentioned on his twitter a long time ago that the current post-movie crew would be leaving after the first half of Season 9, then apparently some new crew members will come in for the second half of Season 9, and the old post-movie crew will return for some last few Season 9 episodes. However, I think that might be it for the current post-movie crew. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they all left by the end of Season 9, and that the new team of writers in the second half of Season 9 will continue into the supposed Season 10 (if that does happen, right now it is really just rumors).

Curiously enough, a few years ago, basically most of the old pre-movie team went off to work on Camp Lazlo. I wonder if something similar is happening here, with some of the post-movie crew going off to Uncle Grandpa? Near the end of Season 8, a lot of post-movie writers already began leaving to work on different projects (such as Richard Pursel, Aaron Springer, Steven Banks, Sean Charmatz, and Dani Michaeli), and I think it might be time for the leftover writers to move on as well, if some of them being on Uncle Grandpa is any indication.

If this does all end up being true, what new writers would you like to see on the show? While I don't hate any of the post-movie writers, I am curious to see who they will be bringing onto the show for the rest of Season 9.

• Like 4

Hmm, I guess my prediction came true that Spongebob might lean toward another era after the second movie. I would pretty much fear that whatever comes after the second movie could make the show worse, but I beg to differ. Time flies when you realize that the post-movie writers are going to step out. Heck, from what I'm seeing, they really look like they're starting out fresh again, but almost probably like the fact that Aaron Springer and a few others were still there during the post-movie era. Furthermore, I wouldn't expect the current Season 9 writers to move on with Uncle Grandpa. I guess I have my right to call these guys some pioneers, while they've made some unfortunate mistakes, more or less, in my views, I still have high hopes for them, including the rest of the writers. I have hopes for Spongebob as well, for how it's going to progress at the time. Makes me wonder about the future for Zeus Cervas, Derek Iverson, and Mr. Lawrence too. In addition, I guess I could watch Uncle Grandpa, but I have no idea if it's "not recommendable."

Makes me wonder about the future for Zeus Cervas, Derek Iverson, and Mr. Lawrence too. 

Derek Iversen confirmed he has left as well, although he apparently still came up with some plots of future episodes that have not been boarded yet.

No idea on Zeus or Mr. Lawrence though, but Mr. Lawrence will still voice for Plankton at least.

For those not aware, some of the current post-movie SpongeBob writers such as Casey Alexander, Luke Brookshier, and Marc Ceccerelli have been writing on episodes of the new Cartoon Network series "Uncle Grandpa". This might mean those three could be leaving the show, or for all we know, all of the remaining post-movie writers could be on Uncle Grandpa while production on Season 9 is halted for the new film.

In fact, I'm pretty positive that up to SpongeBob, You're Fired is all that is done for Season 9 so far, hence why Nick is slowly airing Season 9. This would also explain why we haven't gotten any new titles past SpongeBob, You're Fired.

Vincent Waller also mentioned on his twitter a long time ago that the current post-movie crew would be leaving after the first half of Season 9, then apparently some new crew members will come in for the second half of Season 9, and the old post-movie crew will return for some last few Season 9 episodes. However, I think that might be it for the current post-movie crew. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they all left by the end of Season 9, and that we might get another new team of writers for the supposed Season 10 (if that does happen, right now it is really just rumors).

Curiously enough, a few years ago, basically most of the old pre-movie team went off to work on Camp Lazlo. I wonder if something similar is happening here, with some of the post-movie crew going off to Uncle Grandpa? Near the end of Season 8, a lot of post-movie writers already began leaving to work on different projects (such as Richard Pursel, Aaron Springer, Steven Banks, Sean Charmatz, and Dani Michaeli), and I think it might be time for the leftover writers to move on as well, if some of them being on Uncle Grandpa is any indication.

If this does all end up being true, what new writers would you like to see on the show? While I don't hate any of the post-movie writers, I am curious to see who they will be bringing onto the show for the rest of Season 9.

Awesome. SpongeBob is definetly improving. I can't wait to see second half of season 9.

The absolute faster one of the members of the unholy trinity leave the show (Casey, Zeus, and Richard), the more I'll be happy. All we have now is Zeus, and then we'll HOPEFULLY be purged. oh god if you guys read the fan boards I'll have to run to Albania and live a new life.

• Like 1

I've posted this on an other SpongeBob forum and people said that this could mean an end of the series after season 9.

The whole season 10 thing makes me feel uncomfortable. I wish season 10 would be officially announced so that we don't have to hope anymore.

• Like 2

I think Tim McKeon, Rob Renzetti, and Dan Povenmire would be great additions to the writing crew.

I don't think Dan Povenmire will return to SpongeBob.

I mean, he would ether write one episode to be ether...

• Regain more of the old fans with a really funny episode with clever lines or...
  • Turn the show into a music fest

There are too many variables  o.o

• Like 1

I've posted this on an other SpongeBob forum and people said that this could mean an end of the series after season 9.

The whole season 10 thing makes me feel uncomfortable. I wish season 10 would be officially announced so that we don't have to hope anymore.

I have actually have been wondering this myself. While I have accepted that SpongeBob will end one day, SpongeBob is the only thing really keeping Nickelodeon alive. If SpongeBob were to end, Nick would basically die, unless another show somehow overtakes SpongeBob in popularity in the next few years, which will probably never happen. The only two shows that might be close to that are the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Legend of Korra, but I'm not sure if they can really outrank SpongeBob in ratings, merchandise, popularity, etc. 

• Like 3

I have actually have been wondering this myself. While I have accepted that SpongeBob will end one day, SpongeBob is the only thing really keeping Nickelodeon alive. If SpongeBob were to end, Nick would basically die, unless another show somehow overtakes SpongeBob in popularity in the next few years, which will probably never happen. The only two shows that might be close to that are the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Legend of Korra, but I'm not sure if they can really outrank SpongeBob in ratings, merchandise, popularity, etc. 

And? At least its remaining shows won't be subjected to death-slots and removal anymore. In this case, the only way Nickelodeon would survive is milking the hell out of Avatar.

I don't hope for a Season 10 for a few reasons, but judging from all the hype, it seems it's a dead end for the sponge now. I mean, why would Nickelodeon hire new crew writers instead of saving a few thousand dollars? Why is everyone suddenly going on Uncle Grandpa? And, the biggest question of all, is Season 9 production halted or not? I've heard a bunch of rumors about Season 10 being confirmed (via SBM), but statistically, it wouldn't make any sense. Just finish Spongebob with a bang and get it over with.

• Like 1

And, the biggest question of all, is Season 9 production halted or not? I've heard a bunch of rumors about Season 10 being confirmed (via SBM), but statistically, it wouldn't make any sense. Just finish Spongebob with a bang and get it over with.

I'm pretty sure Season 9 production is halted, considering the new film, and we haven't gotten any new titles in ages, not to  mention Nick's slow airing of Season 9.

As for Season 10, there has been no official announcement by Nickelodeon if it will happen or not.

I'm pretty sure Season 9 production is halted, considering the new film, and we haven't gotten any new titles in ages.

As for Season 10, there has been no official announcement by Nickelodeon if it will happen or not.

I bet s10 will happen but be less than 20 episodes and very short

I really hope if there is a season 10 it's the last season. Like PatBack said, I rather have the show end with a bang like the second movie. It's not that I don't like the show, it's just that I think it's run enough. And seeing that we'll get more writers, who knows if it will turn out for the better or worse.

• Like 1