• Advertisement

Wrasslin' Crew: Last thread got future endeavored

Guest ssj4gogita4

Elias vs Apollo: I actually like Elias, so it's nice to see him picking up another W here, but at the same time, I am a fan of Titus Worldwide and what they have going for themselves as sort of this underdog group. Hopefully both sides here can find more solid footing soon storyline-wise soon, especially Titus Wordwide since they seem to have fallen by the wayside in recent weeks.

The Miz vs Jason Jordan: Solid match, it's a shame that Jordan's athletic ability in the ring is getting overshadowed by the stigma of being in such a stinker of a storyline, can't help but feel for the guy. That post match promo tho. Yikes. I suspect these two ain't finish with each other yet.

Finn vs Bray: Gotta give these two props for still putting out a good match in spite of the lackluster storyline that's been keeping it on life support for the last month. The right man won (sorry Bray). hopefully now, Finn can go onto bigger and better things (like maybe the next challenger for Brock?) and Bray can get his shit together (which I honestly doubt).

Tag Title Match: Holy shit, did these warriors come out to play. Best match of the night without doubt. The brutality being further exemplified with Cesaro's sick ass injury. Teeth injuries are no fucking joke, mang. Much respect to him for roughing it and still giving us this great match. This reunion between Seth and Dean is something that's really been beneficial for these two, Dean especially. Honestly can't wait to see more from these two teams, I mean, who else are they gonna face amirite? But srsly, between this feud and the one between New Day and The Usos on Smackdown, tag teams have been killing it as of late.

Women's Title Match: Nia was definitely the MVP in this one. That bump alone was gnarly dude. I thought it was a good match. Bayley eating the pin in her first match is definitely not a good look for her. I wouldn't necessarily mind if it wasn't for how badly she was booked before her injury. I think they were sorta selling whether or not she came back from healing her injury too soon (which is, admittedly, something pretty interesting and fresh to toy with since its such an inversion of the cliche ole "returning conquering hero" thing that Cena's been famous for when it comes to returning early from his injuries) But yeah, that combined with everything else that made her look like a goof before the injury, it's gonna be tough for her, that's all I'll say. It was nice to see some Bayley/Sasha tease tho. I just hope most people will give a shit when that time comes. Alexa retains and I fully expect her to keep that title nice and tidy for The Empress of Tomorrow. They seemed to be heavily teasing Alexa vs Mickie James next on Raw Talk. I wish Mickie was put on better display beforehand, but I ain't against it. I really hope they cool off on all these multi-women matches (and that goes for both brands). It takes the novelty away from such matches. Give these women more individual stuff to work with.

Reigns vs Cena: Good match for what it was, but it still leaves more to be desired from these two. I noticed that it incorporated a lot of moves and spots from Cena's past matches of similar magnitude such as his AA off the ropes (which he also did to AJ, but it's something that I've always associated with his match against Bobby Lashley at Great American Bash 2007), the diving Fameasser countered into a power bomb (from Cena's first match against Batista at Summerslam 2008) and the double decker AA's that he used to put Styles away at this past Royal Rumble, I believe. That was a nice touch, especially for this, the ultimate of all passing of the torch matches. Speaking of, I wasn't really feeling it, it just felt forced and tacky to me. I was hoping Roman would remain his snarky, condescending self during that post-match, but it is what it is. Maybe he'll go back to doing just that tonight like what he did after he beat Undertaker, who knows. All I know is that Cena's more than deserved to do whatever the hell he wants with his life and career from here on out.

Enzo vs Neville: I didn't necessarily hate this one as much as the next couple people. It was what I expected to be, Neville being the superior combatant by a large margin but Enzo Eddie Guerrero'ing his way to victory and the Cruiserweight title. I'm honestly pretty intrigued where they're gonna go from here because Enzo is like the perfect antithesis to this entire division, he's not necessarily as good in ring but he trumps them all in the character and promo department. He's not only trash talked just the heels of the division, but the faces pretty lowkey as well. And someone like him being the champion is the ultimate slap in the face of everybody in this division. This whole situation is very much like art imitating life because its well known just how hated Enzo is amongst his peers for many reasons and its also pretty well known just how lowly the Cruiserweight division is perceived at the moment. I feel this has the potential to be something much bigger for the entire division if WWE is willing to go the extra with it, which will hopefully get more eyes on the cruiserweights, as much of a sour pill that may be to swallow for most.

Brock vs Braun: I can agree with the consensus that this was the disappointment of the night. The match was indeed solid and it told a pretty good story throughout, but the ending really did detract from it. I didn't really mind this shit with the Samoa Joe match at Great Balls of Fire, but they decided to do it again with a guy who was booked to be much a stronger of an opponent than Joe was for Lesnar. Joe mostly relied on properly utilized underhanded tactics to get the better of Brock whereas Braun would go toe-to-toe straight up and physically bested Brock every chance he got, not to mention the monster among men lifted over a freakin ambulance and survived a vehicular manslaughter attempt (in kayfabe, mind you), so it really took it out me to see that all it took was just one F5 to seal Braun's fate (and not necessarily with the best looking F5 ever, to boot). Like I said earlier, the match told a pretty good story with Brock slowly chipping away at Braun's armor and Braun slowly getting the wind knocked out of him with the more punishment he took. It was a fight that was taking its toll on not just one, but both men, as Brock himself looked gassed. I'm all for protecting finishers, but I really feel that this was one of those matches that would've benefitted from maybe hitting a couple more. I'm not saying that Braun has to kick out of all them like he's Roman Reigns, but to take a page out of the good ole Undertaker vs Undertaker match from Summerslam 1994, I would've rather to have seen Brock really having to dig deep inside himself to find the strength to lift Braun for at least two more consecutive F5's (something they made a point of throughout the match, whether or not Brock could actually lift execute it) to make sure that Braun is down and STAYS down before feeding him that pin. Brock, of course, would come out looking like The Beast Among Monsters that he is, while Braun would come out of this looking more stronger than he is now in knowing that he is the one competitor who really took Brock beyond his limits, having to eat like 3 F5's before being put away whereas it only took one to take down both The Destroyer and The Big Dog (who ate like 4 AA's earlier this same night and still won). But, what has happened has happened and what we must move forward. I'm sure Brock will still continue being Brock and I have some good faith that the powers that be know what to do with Strowman from here since he's been pretty protected in the months leading up to this one match. I doubt he'll fall that far from grace, he'll continue being the highlight of our Monday nights when The Beast is away. Hopefully.

Overall, I'll give this show a solid B+.

• Like 2

Holy shit dudes, dat last segment with the cruiserweights. The perfect exclamation point to what I said yesterday. And to have the freaking king Neville seemingly sacrifice his shot at the title in order to stand up for his fellow cruiserweights was just poetic (once you get past the bad blood he's had with some of them in the past year like Swann, Tozawa, TJP, Gallagher etc lol). So with Neville very damn well throwing his shot away, that would leave him with very little to do on 205 Live, especially since he's already had his share of matches with most of the baby faces worth a damn. So maybe (god I hope) he gets a big promotion up to main roster competition? Because that beat down on Enzo was like the perfect way to put an end to that chapter of his career. And they could have him throwing his future in the division away light a much-needed fire under the other guys to really step up their games now and fight to take back their crown. Neville would be a much welcomed addition to either Raw or Smackdown at this point, tho I'd personally like to see him move to Team Blue (all those fresher match ups, mang). Wherever he does end up tho,!if this face turn of his stick, idk how I'd feel about that yet honestly, since he really did hit his absolute stride as a heel. Maybe with the experience he's gained working as Deville, he can translate it to a baby face run. If anything, at least have him go the more tweenerish route his character took at the end of his NXT run, that was pretty awesome. That'll officially make him go full Vegeta. Tho, if Neville does make a main roster jump, it'll also make me look back on Aries and the way he left the company and, well, damn dude.

Hope the company doesn't falter with the rest of the cruiserweights, should the king not return to his castle. More eyes are on the division than ever, turn em all loose. Let there be anarchy in the kingdom! Hell, even if Neville stays, don't make em second bananas.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Old Man Jenkins said:

Reveal hidden contents

NXT'S BRINGING BACK WARGAMES AND ALMAS IS GETTING AN NXT TITLE SHOT, BITCHESSSS!

Good deals

All is right in wrestling

Now THAT'S a swerve. And THAT was a hell of a way to raise anxiety. Nice to see Corbin rebounding from his date with Cena too. Usos and New Day were top notch as always, Big E and that fucking diving spear mang. Well deserved fifth title reign for the Uces. Poor Nak, looking like Booker T after his Mania 19 loss to Haitch, not overcoming racism and shit.

• Like 1

Please have The Shield run through the entire 205 Live roster in the main event and this will automatically become the best RAW of the year without a doubt.  Love watching them take out everybody in their way tonight.

• Like 1

I really miss the days when Bray Wyatt was just a neo-Waylon Mercy, Cape Fear-inspired (and actually creepy) cult leader. Remember how they built him and his Family up with those awesomely eerie packages when they first hit the scene? I'm more than willing to suspend my disbelief when it comes to Wrasslin but what they have him doing now is just too damn hokey for even me.

• Like 1

WWE trying to bury the Bullet Club, but it's backfiring majorly, shame.  If by WWE's logic, they might as well cut AJ, Finn, and the Good Brothers.  Let alone that time Sami and Kevin were in Being the Elite.

• Like 1

Idk if it's because I missed the last week or two of 205 Live, but why are most of the heel cruiserweights suddenly cool with Enzo now aside from just being, well, heels? I'm not necessarily against this alliance because I see it as being a benefit for all heels involved (except maybe Gulak, I'd prefer him sticking to his morals in the case of 'Zo since he already has a character that can stick out on its own [a character that makes him stick out like a sore thumb compared to the others, mind you]), but was there any build or interaction leading up this? I know Daivari's been kissing up to Enzo by saying he was just giving into the peer pressure or whatever, but what about the other three? It just seems like typical WWE to quickly turn this into a straight face vs heel cruiserweights thing. It kinda cheapens that epic confrontation from a couple weeks ago seeing how quickly all these guys have changed their tune about Enzo. They should've kept the shades of grey going for a bit more, take some actual time having Enzo gradually winning over some of the heels on the 205 Live roster like how he's been doing with Daivari. Just paint a goddamn picture here, WWE!

and dear JBL, please don't use them hokey ass "special effects" for Finn's demon ever agayn. Unless they start pouring some major money into their production budget (which they're doing the exact opposite), keep that shit out of a live product. It works for Lucha Underground because they tape shit well in advance and have time to make it not come out looking so cut-rate. It's saying something that an underground wrestling promotion has a better presentation than the top wrestling company. How awkward that shit must've been for the live crowd. 

• Like 1

For a dude who's built his career as being the definitive babyface, Sami is really killing it with this heel turn. It just kinda sucks because his and KO's war of words with D-Bry leaves a lot to be desired for almost any Wrasslin fan out there, but we'll never be able to see it unfold (at least in a WWE ring). Same can be said for when Bryan would butt heads with the likes of The Miz, Corbin and Styles when he was a heel. To see all these hot feuds waiting to happen knowing that D-Bry won't be able to personally get his payoff is pretty depressing to see as a fan. The feeling must be far worse for Bryan.

if Breezango and The Ascension don't end up being a Survivor Series team of some sort, I'll cry

• Like 2