• Advertisement

Clappy’s New Crap Cinema

Clappy

He did Howard the Duck, right? (Is that animated?)

I'd recommend Planet 51, but that movies seems great compared to the ones you reviewed.

Howard the Duck is more likely a live-action/CGI/horrific animatronic film. I'm not 100% sure that counts.

Do you do animated bad-films?

I could, but then I'm not sure if that would be crossing over to your new proclaimed territory.

Can you critique The Day After Tomorrow? I honestly liked it.

I'll consider it. To sum up my thoughts though in a few words: INACCURATE SCIENCE + CLUNKY DIALOGUE + BAD ACTING = BAD MOVIE. However, I would give them credit. It's probably the best of that bunch of Emmerich films I bashed altogether.

He did Howard the Duck, right? (Is that animated?)

I'd recommend Planet 51, but that movies seems great compared to the ones you reviewed.

What Steel said. Haven't seen Planet 51 yet, but whenever The Rock does a kid's movie, a wrestling fan weeps.

Clappy, "No Holds Barred", brother!

I have been highly considering doing any Hulk Hogan movie. Might have to locate this one someday.

Howard the Duck is more likely a live-action/CGI/horrific animatronic film. I'm not 100% sure that counts.

Oh. I just didn't want to Wikipedia the "horrific animatronic".

So for the month of August, I am going to do another theme month. This time, my goal is going to do horrible god awful sequels. However, there are some ground rules if you are going to suggest ideas to me:

-No horror genre sequels (believe me, I got some up my sleeves for October's Halloween horror theme month)

-No superhero movies (been there, done that)

-I am trying not to do animated sequels (that might possibly crossover to Steel's territory)

Now here comes my list of possible targets (I am willing to listen to suggestions as well):

-Star Wars Episode I or Episode II (yes these are still sequels, regardless of prequel trilogy or not)

-Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

-Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

-Any of the Jaws sequels

-Rocky IV

-Alien: Resurrection (been meaning to do this one for a while if my friend ever lends it to me)

-The Next Karate Kid

There are more possibilities out there, heck I don't have to do any from that list, but we shall wait and see.

I'm in the minority that thinks Temple of Doom is the best IJ movie. You don't get better than people getting their fucking hearts ripped out.

Do Episode II. One of the best comedies ever. "I SLAUGHTERED THEM ALL LIKE ANIMALS! AND NOT JUST THE WOMEN! THE CHILDREN!"

Do Episode II. One of the best comedies ever. "I SLAUGHTERED THEM ALL LIKE ANIMALS! AND NOT JUST THE WOMEN! THE CHILDREN!"

Yeah I was leaning more towards Episode II since that one is worse than Episode I. However, that means I'll have less opportunities for shots at Jar Jar Binks.

For one who hasn't watched the Temple of Doom, I fail to see what makes it mediocre in a way.

I feel that Kingdom of the Crystal Skull gets ridiculed far too often as the worst Indiana Jones movie. This one was by far the worst to me. I'll tell you why when I write up my review because it is apparent that this one must be done now.

I could've sworn you said Episodes I and II were at least tolerable.

You must be getting me confused with someone else. Episode I is alright for what it was, but there are a hell of a lot of flaws with it. Although I do admit that I enjoyed seeing it in 3D. However, Episode II I am not fond of at all and like I said above, I'm leaning towards doing that one instead.

Does Son of the Mask count as a superhero movie?

Hell, Grease 2 if you're into that stuff.

Eww, Son of the Mask. I've heard horrible things about that. Might have to watch. And the less said about Grease 2's existence, the better.

My mom said he watched Alien: Resurrection a few days ago. She said this movie was AWFUL. Maybe you should do that.

I lol'd so goddamn hard.

But yeah, you should get around to Resurrection sometime, since i'll probably never bother with it.

Too bad the sequel to Baby Geniuses is a superhero movie.

But I have other options, Neverending Story II or III.

I've actually wanted to dig my big meaty claws into Baby Geniuses II, so I'm willing to make an exception to review that. Plus with a score that low on IMDB, I feel like it has to be absolute horse shit.

Never seen Neverending Story so I would feel naked watching the sequels.

So before I start my month of sequels, I am going to try and fit in time for one more non-sequel to review before July is up. Which film is it you might ask? It's a little something for the whole family.

Jgi2SadY9MU

You hate this movie? A lot of my friends consider it a childhood classic....or at least I think they do.

It wouldn't surprise me. This movie was wildly successful. However, that doesn't mean it's a good one. :P