• Advertisement

Miley Cyrus' "We Can't Stop" Video

Jellatine

Wow talk about haters gonna hate. As someone who is not Miley's biggest fan, I can admit that no matter what anyone thinks of her, there is one thing she can do successfully. Make catchy ear worms. And no matter how lousy the lyrics get "La da dee da dee", that simple techno beat is hypnotic enough to get the song stuck in my freaking head.

Don't get me wrong, the song still is not that good and someone needs to fire Miley's image stylist because her hair is still laughable and those "slutty clothes" are incredibly unappealing. I will also admit that the video could be a hell of a lot worse for a song about "hardcore partying". However, for someone who gets as much crap as she does, the song is still better than that obnoxious Party In The USA.

Oh and while we sit back here critiquing how much of a trainwreck she has become, she still makes a hell of a lot of money for someone who is a "hot mess", so she has that going for her.

Song - 4/10

Video - 3/10 (only because of the dancing slutty teddy bears)

Miley's twerking - 7/10

Check this cover out by Rebecca Black:

This was 10,000x better than Miley's and actually made me think of it as a beautiful song. Plus Rebecca Black has improved drastically from "Friday".

Check this cover out by Rebecca Black:

This was 10,000x better than Miley's and actually made me think of it as a beautiful song. Plus Rebecca Black has improved drastically from "Friday".

Eh, while I'll grant that it does sound better, it's still awkward, maybe even more so. This should have been a happy party song, and reducing the instrumentation down to an acoustic guitar almost muddles it more. At least it's not trying to sound party-ish and utterly failing, though.

• Like 1

You know, done the right way, I think that video could have come off as artistic. But Miley pushes the sexual thing so far that it's forced, and it just loses that side. "I'm licking a sledgehammer. That's sexy, right?"

• Like 1