• Advertisement

Mickey Mouse 2k13

terminoob

So it seems as if good ol' Mickey Mouse is coming back. In June, Disney Channel is gonna be airing 19 new Mickey Mouse shorts. Here's a preview.

http://video.disney....90a98650d776d97

I can't make heads or tails of it, personally. I'm glad Mickey's remaining (relatively) untouched in terms of pop culture relevance (ie: creating a rebooted version of Mickey Mouse in the same vein as The Looney Tunes Show) and the animation and art style are both appealing, but... I dunno. Part of me wishes they just left Mickey alone. We'll see.

• Like 1

Yeah I read this on EW.com today. Not sure how I feel about it either, but I do hope that Disney pays homage to Mickey proudly and not try to modernize the plots too much.

Ok the preview I did not notice. After watching it, I gotta say that I kinda liked it. Definitely enjoyed this more than most of the sketches I saw on the short lived House of Mouse show a decade or so ago.

Wow, I really liked that. The animation was pretty nice, in my opinion, and the direction/action sequences were pretty awesome. I also love the Neo-Classic Mickey look going on in there. I would have liked it to be more music oriented like the very first Mickey cartoons were, but it didn't really bother me. I'm just glad Mickey is being represented in a way that's not a preschooler's show.

Looking forward to catching more of these.

• Like 1

how about calm your tits and look into animation that isnt disney

Like Pixar or DreamWorks or Sony or Blur or Blue Sky or Laika or Illumination or Warner Bros. or DC or Marvel or Rough Draft or William Kentridge or Harry Partridge or blu or Pez or Ringling or CalArts or SVA.

This isn't worth my time. If your life is so perfect that the biggest issue you face is the relevance of computer animation in today's society then I envy you. Don't try start an argument with me because A: I probably won't respond because I have better things to do, or B: I will respond and you'll be arguing with someone who's made animation his life since Sophomore year of high school and then you'll lose the argument and you'll think I'm a twat for playing the "well I'm an animation major..." card and everyone around us will be super pissed. A is more likely because I'm trying to not sink back into my old habit of being "that guy no one likes because he has to argue with everyone all the time".

That's all.

someone who's made animation his life since Sophomore year of high school

i've made animation my life since freshman year of high school

win

also welcome back termi

Watching it more now. They're pretty hyper and whatnot, but they need to be when there shorts are less than 4 minutes. I for one really enjoy them. Along with the background art, Mickey's original sounding voice and how every character is zany and actually legitimately funny. I try to watch House of Mouse shorts and while it is nostalgic, the Mickey Mouse Cartoons tend to keep my interest more. Definitely give it a shot if you haven't.

I haven't seen these shorts in a while but dammit they are so amazing. Incredibly funny and really energetic. Animation is so great and the mudic is lovely. The crew knows how to use 3 minutes so well. If you love old Mickey Mouse shorts, you'll love this one too.