• Advertisement

182a. Little Yellow Book

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Episode Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: This diary is juicy!
    • 4/5 Stars: Who knew a diary of a moron could be so engaging?
    • 3/5 Stars: There's gotta be some secrets in here somewhere..
    • 2/5 Stars: Don't touch my diary!
    • 1/5 Stars: You read someone else's diary? That's terrible! Tell me more!

Guest Long Timmy

Now, I know I may be quite cynical sometimes. Most post-movie episodes are either meh, or downright a pain to watch. With the slight (I said SLIGHT) improvement with season 9, I was hoping for something better. Something so good, it would make me crouch down and swivel forwards, in hope of a view. This was not the case. I really wanted to like this episode, but it seems as it made Squidward worse, no matter what you want to think. Not only did it show all the evil Squidward holds upon his soul, but it portrayed SpongeBob as a strange one, with no sanity in the happy little paradise among his mind. If Nickelodeon thinks a second movie will improve the ratings on the show, they are not thinking straight. I doubt they were thinking at all in the production of such a horrid episode. It tries miserably to be funny with all those strange... "things" SpongeBob does. It's senseless. It's remote, even for Nickelodeon. It is, once again, another episode on Squidward abuse. The only thing is, this episode actually involved SpongeBob abuse. With a broken heart, SpongeBob tries to avoid those problems by excessive crying and running. Then they actually PUBLISH SpongeBob's diary. What the fudge? Even if the book was a bestseller, and even if that wasn't as embarrassing as his personal diary, all his work secrets were brought out to the outside world. Would you like that? No, right? Well, here's the thing. SpongeBob enjoyed it. You might consider that as a happy ending, until of course, like we didn't see it coming, Squidward reads his personal diary. This episode belongs in the garbage, and should never have an encore.

I would rather have a congratulating ending then somehow ending with Spot leaving Plankton or something sad like that.

The overall idea was fine, but it simply went too fast to give an impression at all.

Move it or Lose it's ending also sucks.

We're all varying a little off-topic; please remain on topic about Little Yellow Book, or move to the Plankton's Pet discussion topic.

lol this is a good point. I think they call it yellow as in the little book is SpongeBob's property.

Then they should have called it The Yellow Persons Book.

But people would have found that to be racist.

I think this episode was good but not as good as I expected it to be. I expected more personal secrets. Like if SpongeBob has a crush on something or he's secretly afraid of something. Too bad we didn't hear his personal diary. but what I really hated was how cruel everyone was to Squidward when they read SpongeBob's diary too. And lots of people here are saying Squidward was so mean but I don't find it that mean. I mean, think about it. Would you read your enemy's diary or give it back to them. I know you guys are probably gonna hate on me for this but I know lots of you would including me. Now, I wouldn't tell everybody it straight away. I would use it to threaten my enemy. So, I personally don't see why everybody's hating on Squidward. And the citizens read it too but they all get mad at Squidward?! That makes no sense!

=============== Little Yellow Book===========================

Rating - (★★. 3/10)

Writers - Luke Brookshier, Marc Ceccerelli, Derek Iversen

Prod. Code - 182a

Season 9

==========================================================

Back in present time, Squidward uncovers some more secrets about the diary, but SpongeBob proves to be trouble. He sends him off to unplunge the toilet, of course, a lie which SpongeBob believes as usual. We learn more awkward and downright kooky secrets about our favorite chipper sea sponge, like for example, when SpongeBob sees plaid, he.. clucks like a chicken? I'm not sure if I should be amused or just surprised. When SpongeBob hears the town anthem, he.. takes off his clothes and dances? (Someone keep 4EverGreen away from this episode)

Actually, I found THAT scene to be more WEIRD than ACTUALLY funny; it DIDN'T work for me! :o As far as this episode goes, I have decided to take a middle of the road approach with this episode. It is by no means a very GOOD episode, but I don't find it to be the WORST episode ever! :rolleyes: (In my honest opinion, that distinction STILL goes to "Boating Buddies!") :angry: Overall, I'd give this episode a 6.5 out of 10; not completely failing, but NEEDS improvement! B) Enough said! :ph34r:
  • Like 1

Actually, I found THAT scene to be more WEIRD than ACTUALLY funny; it DIDN'T work for me! :o As far as this episode goes, I have decided to take a middle of the road approach with this episode. It is by no means a very GOOD episode, but I don't find it to be the WORST episode ever! :rolleyes: (In my honest opinion, that distinction STILL goes to "Boating Buddies!") :angry: Overall, I'd give this episode a 6.5 out of 10; not completely failing, but NEEDS improvement! B) Enough said! :ph34r:

yes

UGHHH I despised this episode to the core.

Squidward wasn't funny, he was a jerk, the most hes ever been, COUNTING all the times hes kicked or slammed the door in Spongebobs face and yelled at him.

Grade : F-

Just to let you guys know.... Patrick asked what SB was writing in his diary on Twitter and SB said he doesn't want to share it. Gotta love the continuity in the SB tweets.

The characters on SpongeBob have twitter accounts?

What if...they named SB's spatula Fifi after me? :o can you imagine? lol well, actually some people that work on Nick do know I exist through my drawings xD

Anyway, I just watched this episode, I thought the plot had potential, but I felt Squidward was starting to get off character for caring so much, to a point he was going out of his way to read SpongeBob's diary, usually he woudn't give a dolphin noise, but ok, guess it can happen. I expected the secrets to be random as heck and all that was ok, but with how hypocrite the Bikini Bottomites were that's where the episode lost it's value to me, just an overreaction and Squidward being even more mean and heartless than usual just wasn't even funny. They could have done better with the episode, but I appreciate there's a SpongeBob "character" named after me now xD

B-

• Like 1