• Advertisement

182a. Little Yellow Book

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Episode Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: This diary is juicy!
    • 4/5 Stars: Who knew a diary of a moron could be so engaging?
    • 3/5 Stars: There's gotta be some secrets in here somewhere..
    • 2/5 Stars: Don't touch my diary!
    • 1/5 Stars: You read someone else's diary? That's terrible! Tell me more!

This episode wasn't good but It wasn't bad either because I thought there were some funny moments in this episode but the reason why I disliked this episode is Squidward. Squidward was a huge jerk to SpongeBob. Squidward is one of my least favorite characters now. If SpongeBob read Squidward's diary or If Squidward felt bad for SpongeBob, I would like this episode. Squidward was getting what he deserved until the ending. He reads SpongeBob's "Personal Diary" at the end. Are you serious? It's the worst ending, I've ever seen. I really felt bad for SpongeBob in this episode. Squid Defense is WAY better than this episode. I definetly don't recommend this episode. 5.5/10

• Like 1

This episode wasn't good but It wasn't bad either because I thought there were some funny moments in this episode but the reason why I disliked this episode is Squidward. Squidward was a huge jerk to SpongeBob. Squidward is one of my least favorite characters now. If SpongeBob read Squidward's diary or If Squidward felt bad for SpongeBob, I would like this episode. Squidward was getting what he deserved until the ending. He reads SpongeBob's "Personal Diary" at the end. Are you serious? It's the worst ending, I've ever seen. I really felt bad for SpongeBob in this episode. Squid Defense is WAY better than this episode. I definetly don't recommend this episode. 5.5/10

I think the Bikini Bottomites overreated. SPONGEBOB PUBLISHED HIS DIARY AS A BEST-SELLER! I just don't see how Squidward deserved that much torture.

I'm actually with the majority on this one, this one could have been good. I LOVED what a scumbag Squidward was in this one, and the first six or seven minutes were funny. But yeah, all that went down the toilet when everyone in Bikini Bottom started trying to pass judgement onto him.

I actually saw this episode on its premier day, so I kinda forget how it goes...

But I was a little thrown off by the "secrets"... I mean, admittedly I guess I should've known better considering it's Spongebob and not a show with more continuity (Such as Regular Show or AT), so maybe I just got my hopes too high?

Also, if they're running out of jokes; why not just make a new main/minor character already (and not just a one-timer!)? That way more joke opportunities could open up. But then there's always the downside of how much personality they'll end up having (if they end up being a flat character as well, in other words)...

Boy, I have a few problems with this episode.

1. Are the writers trying to make everyone hate Squidward? (Why not Patrick?)

2. THE PEOPLE ON FREAKING TV.COM WHO SAY THAT SQUIDWARD SHOULD GO TO HELL FOR THIS, F*** OFF! (No offense)

3. WHY SQUID ABUSE?! Didn't Squidward say that Patrick also read the diary... shouldn't the people hate on him too?!

4. BIKINI BOTTOMITES, GO DIE IN A PIT, YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE, AND YOU'RE JERKS TO ALL THE MAIN CHARACTERS EXCEPT FOR IDK WHO.

Okay, ranting over.

alternate ending:neptune hurts everyone in bikini bottom who abused squidward(everyone but sb squidward patrick and mr. krabs) and the bikini bottomites never hurt squidward ever again. i did this for all of you squidward fans you hear?o and i forgot that squidward got is house back.

You are amazing.

• Like 1

2. THE PEOPLE ON FREAKING TV.COM WHO SAY THAT SQUIDWARD SHOULD GO TO HELL FOR THIS, F*** OFF! (No offense)

3. WHY SQUID ABUSE?! Didn't Squidward say that Patrick also read the diary... shouldn't the people hate on him too?!

4. BIKINI BOTTOMITES, GO DIE IN A PIT, YOU GUYS DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE, AND YOU'RE JERKS TO ALL THE MAIN CHARACTERS EXCEPT FOR IDK WHO.

Okay, ranting over.

You are amazing.

I know I am that's my job here

Okay, ranting over.

You are amazing.

I really hated Squidward in this episode but I don't think Squidward should die. I hated Patrick and Bikini Bottomies in this episode too. I can understand why you don't like this episode. I hope we don't see another jerk Squidward episode or Squid abuse episode. It's a mediocre episode in my opinion. I would like it, If SpongeBob read Squidward's diary.

I really hated Squidward in this episode but I don't think Squidward should die. I hated Patrick and Bikini Bottomies in this episode too. I can understand why you don't like this episode. I hope we don't see another jerk Squidward episode or Squid abuse episode. It's a mediocre episode in my opinion. I would like it, If SpongeBob read Squidward's diary.

No, SpongeBob should read Patrick's diary... Squidward doesn't need to be involved in this.

No, SpongeBob should read Patrick's diary... Squidward doesn't need to be involved in this.

Squidward is the one who read SpongeBob diary first. Later he read SpongeBob's personal diary. If Squidward read your diary, you would be mad at Squidward too? Squidward should get what he deserves but I agree that SpongeBob should read Patrick's diary too.

After the tragedy of Squid Baby, here we have a rather... mediocre episode. A lot of this episode is rather forgettable at best (heck, I don't remember most of it other than the major parts), and combining that with a lack of comedy leads to a very boring episode. Sure, there's worse out there, but this episode is so dull that there's little to no merit in watching it. The plot itself is rather spotty at best, with Squidward reading Spongebob's diary and that leading to him losing his house, shunned by Bikini Bottom and eventually arrested. But where that gets confusing is whereas the citizens of Bikini Bottom shun Squidward after he reads it, a lot of them join in on making fun of Spongebob... basically the citizens of Bikini Bottom are hypocrites. And throughout the whole episode, Spongebob is on the losing end for a majority of the time, being made fun of due to the secrets in his diary and having some other secrets being read by Squidward at the ending. Patrick, however, is the worst character here... yeah, that's unsurprising at this point. And they make a "joke" about Patrick getting ready to put ketchup on... a diaper. Good god, that's disgusting. This whole episode is unfunny at best and insulting at worst, but it's not the absolute worst of this part of the season; that's obvious when Squid Baby exists.
FINAL RATING: 4/10 (MEDIOCRE episode)

For those who don't know, I honestly found this episode to be decent. However, I felt like I might not like it on rewatch, so I rewatched it last night, and honestly... if anything, I liked it even more than I did before. It's honestly a decent episode. I kinda think of this episode as two parts, being when Squidward reads the diary, and when the town turns on Squidward, and I consider the first part better than the second, but the second part is fine anyway. The episode is honestly very funny, with stuff like the cops ("I HAD A BROTHER ONCE"), how naive Spongebob is in the first part of the diary Squidward reads, and the secrets in the diary, like Spongebob dancing in his underwear when he hears the anthem, and Squidward getting his house taken away for reading a diary. As for Squidward reading Spongebob's diary... I honestly don't think this is OOC. So I don't mind it, I think he's characterized right here. And honestly, I don't mind the citizens being hypocrites. The one bad thing though, is the very ending. The ending could've been better; It could've been like Fools in April, where Squidward apologizes to Spongebob, but instead, he takes Spongebob's other diary. This was bad, and while I think Squidward was fine in the rest of this, I think this was too far. But I like the rest of the episode, so honestly, i'd consider it decent.

7/10