• Advertisement

175. It's A SpongeBob Christmas!

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: Don't be a jerk, it's Christmas!
    • 4/5 Stars: Santa has his jolly little eyes on me!
    • 3/5 Stars: SpongeBob, you may end up on my naughty list.
    • 2/5 Stars: You get coal.
    • 1/5 Stars: This episode is on my naughty list.

Just caught this episode today. I don't know guys, it didn't really work for me. I felt the humour was lacking and the conflict was resolved far too quickly, probably because of all the buildup. However, it did have its moments. I did like Squidward's jerkiness not being a result of the jerktonium.

Overall, though, I was underwhelmed. And why does Santa look like a demonic troll doll?

• Like 1

It was a great episode! I think the opening should of been in claymation too. And how come SpongeBob's holes are suddenly yellow? I thought they were green. Anyways, if Santa sees everything shouldn't he know that Plankton created the jerk fruitcake and created the SpongeBot? Also, how did people think that robot was SpongeBob? I mean it's giant and is all grey and metal. They should make more claymation episodes to even out the canon. Anyways, great episode.

I think the claymation was meant to be a parody of the stop-motion animation they used for those classic Christmas specials like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

Yeah, but I agree with TravisPlatypus that the main opening should've been included in claymation.

It's A SpongeBob Christmas - B+

The opening of this episode was absolutely killer. I laughed hard at the quick back and forth between Squidward and SpongeBob, and just how straightforward SpongeBob asked him what he was doing (love how SpongeBob's character has reverted since Season 6). The 'Go Away' was classic Squidward. I laughed at Pearl blasting everyone with water. I couldn't help smiling at the Patrick bit, either, and the cookie was cute. However, from there, the episode just felt dumbed down and flat. Plankton tries to do Jerktonium, finds SpongeBob is immune to it, then we see Sandy, and then Mr. Krabs... it wasn't a montage-episode, but it felt shorter than it actually was, and the plot was VERY minimal and was less than I'd expected it to be. The singing was overkill and took away from the overall progress of the episode, and the end was anti-climatic. I really wanted to see more of the clay Krusty Krab, more of SpongeBob's house... they just kinda went quickly through everything, and when they did everything so beautifully, I wish we could've seen more of it. I loved the animation, but Christmas Who? definitely beats it out in terms of plot and amount of laughs.

So lemme get this straight... this was the lowest rated season 9 episode for you. :|