• Advertisement

The Official Spandy Topic

70s

ME NEITHER but I stumbled upon this: SpongeBob + Sandy having sex

In_her_bed____by_Squiddi.jpg

How would you know they aren't just hugging each other cutely? SpongeBob only wears pants and maybe Sandy's bra isn't there -_-

• Like 1

I have a new theory that SB and Sandy already know they have a crush on each other. How? Well *spoiler* at the end of SB's Secret Crush, he gives Sandy the Valentine and when they just go back to karate chopping at the end, he realizes that card didn't ruin his friendship with Sandy. Sandy possibly already knew how he felt, with the flowers and occasional gifts he gives. Another example of her knowing is clearly shown in the Best Day Ever Short, Flowers for Sandy. SB secretly gives a card saying she's pretty. The card is signed "A Friend" but she clearly knows who it is and gives a kind of smirk at the end. All these things could be a little relationship between them in the background, that they keep between themselves. Kind of like Phoebe and Gerald in the Hey Arnold series.

Some other interesting information:

SpongeBob's Secret Valentine was released in 2004, while the SB Surivial Guide (that included of course SB's Secret Crush) came out in 2002. Surprising to especially me, we've never heard of SB say he still has a "secret" crush on Sandy. Is it possible that from this Valentine or events in the past that she like I've said before, knows how he feels?

Before I read the Valentine book, I thought the ending was going to mean SpongeBob didn't want to tell Sandy because he didn't want to ruin his friendship with her. So I considered he just kept it to himself and it wasn't a big deal. But, the theory I have above is also something to think about for now.

I still stand firm that SB's crush is not that big a deal. Like I've heard before from other SBxSandy people, it's like "Puppy Love" as you may put it. I guess some things like the Truth or Square's wedding scene or the part of How to Survive a Secret Crush where SpongeBob said something like "his breath fogged up from the glass and his knees were shaking" COULD be valid points to where he had more than puppy love. But the Truth or Square wedding scene is still a unsolved mystery for the most part.

• Like 3

I have a new theory that SB and Sandy already know they have a crush on each other. How? Well *spoiler* at the end of SB's Secret Crush, he gives Sandy the Valentine and when they just go back to karate chopping at the end, he realizes that card didn't ruin his friendship with Sandy. Sandy possibly already knew how he felt, with the flowers and occasional gifts he gives. Another example of her knowing is clearly shown in the Best Day Ever Short, Flowers for Sandy. SB secretly gives a card saying she's pretty. The card is signed "A Friend" but she clearly knows who it is and gives a kind of smirk at the end. All these things could be a little relationship between them in the background, that they keep between themselves. Kind of like Phoebe and Gerald in the Hey Arnold series.

Some other interesting information:

SpongeBob's Secret Valentine was released in 2004, while the SB Surivial Guide (that included of course SB's Secret Crush) came out in 2002. Surprising to especially me, we've never heard of SB say he still has a "secret" crush on Sandy. Is it possible that from this Valentine or events in the past that she like I've said before, knows how he feels?

Before I read the Valentine book, I thought the ending was going to mean SpongeBob didn't want to tell Sandy because he didn't want to ruin his friendship with her. So I considered he just kept it to himself and it wasn't a big deal. But, the theory I have above is also something to think about for now.

I still stand firm that SB's crush is not that big a deal. Like I've heard before from other SBxSandy people, it's like "Puppy Love" as you may put it. I guess some things like the Truth or Square's wedding scene or the part of How to Survive a Secret Crush where SpongeBob said something like "his breath fogged up from the glass and his knees were shaking" COULD be valid points to where he had more than puppy love. But the Truth or Square wedding scene is still a unsolved mystery for the most part.

That's pretty interesting.

I'm embarrassed to say it, but I do ship Spandy. I'm just letting it out. I think they would go perfectly together. I also thought of something. What if some Spandy happens in the second movie?

• Like 1

I love Spandy. There are so many hints, from the Survival Guide to the "SpongeBob's Secret Valentine" book to the show to the "Best Day Ever" short. It's very clear to me that they do like each other as more than friends. You can see the chemistry between them from the very first time they met. I truly think they are in love, even if it is just "puppy love" (which is still very cute). I think it would be awesome if they got together! A lot of people might say that it would change the show a lot and that it wouldn't fit the nature of the show, but I think it would work great if they handled it in a humorous, lighthearted way.

If done right, it would make for some very cute episodes and moments. They wouldn't have to have too many Spandy-centered episodes, in the beginning they would but after that it could be mostly in the background. This could really enhance the show, take ot to a whole new level and open many new doors for it. A lot of people are also concerned that it would ruin their characters, but this would not necessarily be the case. Sandy could handle a relationship, so it probably wouldn't be too weird for her, and SpongeBob is the one who would be in unfamiliar territory. However, this does not mean he would have to change.

Sure, we would be seeing a whole new side of his character, but he could still stay true to himself and make it work. Just as long as he stays his kind, humorous, funny, carefree self, he would be fine. Also, he could mature from the experience and become an even better character, and the same goes for Sandy. If handled this way, a more serious Spandy relationship on the show could be a great thing. For now, though, I'm good with the subtle hints. Maybe we'll get something more in the new Movie next year. I do think they will end up together. I will always be a hardcore Spandy shipper. SPANDY FOR THE WIN!!!! :D

• Like 5

Alright, I actually went through reading all 10 pages of this topic and I think it's my turn to step in.

Its been years without saying, but I'm done. I admit it. This is one of my top ships. An OTP (one true pairing) if you may..

As shy as I am to say it, it's true. I've shipped them since I was 8-9; so long ago that I thought they'd admit something in the first movie, which was 2004. It's really my first pairing; it was way before I even knew what "pairings" and "shippings" were! And then I discovered Sailor Moon and supported Sailor Moon+Tuxedo Mask some years later...

And just reading these posts I'm literally laughing out loud. Or, giggling really XD

I'm glad I found people with a common interest lol

• Like 2

Hey is anyone into reading Spandy stories on Fanfiction? You guys know I like Spandy but there are other people on Fanfiction that write Spandy stories too. You guys should check out my story called How Sandy Spongebob and the Worm should have ended. I love that episode, but I would have wrote it differently, so I did. Thank you Fanfiction.

• Like 1

People, why?

Don't ask. I do not find it working out but I do enjoy shipping it as a joke sometimes. But really I just don't see it working out so it's not my thing really.

Hey is anyone into reading Spandy stories on Fanfiction? You guys know I like Spandy but there are other people on Fanfiction that write Spandy stories too. You guys should check out my story called How Sandy Spongebob and the Worm should have ended. I love that episode, but I would have wrote it differently, so I did. Thank you Fanfiction.

Do you have a link to it?

Also, I perfectly understand why some people don't like this ship or any SB ships at all, I just happen to like it, and I hope my opinion doesn't offend anyone~