• Advertisement

What'cha Listening To?

CartoonCF

Over at VCAP Aerobatics, I mantain a big playlist of "filler" songs, mainly AAA type material, to play in our shows in between acts. Most of it is stuff that I dredged up from either my college radio station or Youtube playlists, and that I don't actually listen to on my own volition.

Well... maybe that was a mistake.

I recently bought some NEW (old) stuff! A Bonnie Raitt CD collection, with FIVE CD's for the price of about two; mostly music she's made that I've never heard before, but so far; it's really solid stuff! I've gotten through the first two CD's in the collection, 1974's "Streetlights", and 1975's "Home Plate". Still need to listen to "Sweet Forgiveness", "The Glow", and "Green Light". I am also working through Night Ranger's 1989 "Greatest Hits" CD album; "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" might be one of the best ANTI-Love Songs ever written, and "Sister Christian" might just be the BEST Power Ballad ever written! Enough said, true believers!

Finished listening to all of the Bonnie Raitt music I brought; all five CD's were really solid, good musical albums that MORE people should listen to! Right now, I'm working on a Tom Jones greatest hits CD's, which specifically has all of the hit songs on that albums be COVERS of Original songs (except for "Thunderball", but he STILL didn't write that one) and it's pretty good so far. I also bought a bunch of new (old) albums for a pretty great price; six albums for just a $1 a piece (fingers metaphorically crossed that they all SOUND good!) The Who's Greatest Hits Album "Who's Better, Who's Best"; The Police's "Regatta De Blanc" and "Zenyatta Mondatta"; Van Halen's 1991 album that I can't say and/or write because it anagrams into something NASTY that I won't HAVE people taking out of context; 10,000 Maniacs' "Our Time In Eden"; and a special album that I'm planning on saving as a Christmas Stocking surprise for my mom, because it's one of HER personal favorites; BEST personal earliest Christmas purchase EVER! Enough said, true believers!