• Advertisement

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

storytime7

I just have to say this. am I the only one to find this show good but overrated/overpraised? Don't get me wrong, I love MLP: FiM to heck, but it's EVERYWHERE, like Invader Zim used to be. But I shouldn't be surprised that it's what a hardcore fanbase is what it's supposed to be. Anywhere you look, it's ponies. Youtube, Deviantart, Google, here, etcetera, ectetera. Now the fanbase, I am a brony, but I'm quite moderate. It's kind of like "BEST SHOW EVER!" And when ponies do something related to another source, it's like "PONIES DID IT BETTER." And the dialogue, I imagine it being like "funniest thing ever," "20 percent cooler," or anything else involving a future meme. I don't know if it will last as a series of memes, I see it as a huge internet fad. I can say I'm a fan, but not really hardcore.

I just have to say this. am I the only one to find this show good but overrated/overpraised? Don't get me wrong, I love MLP: FiM to heck, but it's EVERYWHERE, like Invader Zim used to be. But I shouldn't be surprised that it's what a hardcore fanbase is what it's supposed to be. Anywhere you look, it's ponies. Youtube, Deviantart, Google, here, etcetera, ectetera. Now the fanbase, I am a brony, but I'm quite moderate. It's kind of like "BEST SHOW EVER!" And when ponies do something related to another source, it's like "PONIES DID IT BETTER." And the dialogue, I imagine it being like "funniest thing ever," "20 percent cooler," or anything else involving a future meme. I don't know if it will last as a series of memes, I see it as a huge internet fad. I can say I'm a fan, but not really hardcore.

MLP:FIM is definitely not the best show ever made, but I actually don't mind its spread of popularity across the internet. I guess it's something I've gotten used to.

If that's the case, then Pokemon is the most overrated thing on the fucking planet.

A lot of people complain about ponies being "everywhere", but i've never seen a time when that was actually the case (even pony forums have more discussion than just MLP: FiM).

Don't wanna see tons of pony-related things? Don't look for it.

Not looking for it, but still seeing it? That happens with everything (I hate Harry Potter, and still see people talking about it), just ignore it.

Seeing too many people with pony avatars/sigs? Too bad, everyone is allowed to use whatever image they want in their avatars/sigs as long as it doesn't break any rules.

And I don't see how a creative fanbase (this is in response to all the pony-related content on youtube and deviantart) is a bad thing...

He mad.

everything is everywhere at everytime ever.