• Advertisement

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

storytime7

Fox News did a report on BroNYCon:

Unfortunately, they start talking badly about the bronies towards the end, but hey, it's Fox News. When have they ever been known to embrace anything (besides brainless Republican figures)?

Man, that was more negative than anything :/ They were definitely not taking MLP and Bronies seriously. Idiots >.>

Fox News did a report on BroNYCon:

Unfortunately, they start talking badly about the bronies towards the end, but hey, it's Fox News. When have they ever been known to embrace anything (besides brainless Republican figures)?

...I can't help but get the feeling that Nicole Oliver was a tad annoyed with that reporter.

I should've gone to BroNYcon. :/ Oh well, i'll go to the next one.

So before I resume this first episode, I want to know what makes this series so enjoyable for the older audience.

*ignoring the fact that i'm replying late to this post*

Everything Seb and Jelly said:

1. The humor is clever

2. The plots are well-written

3. Unlike other kids' shows, the show doesn't get too caught up in morals (they save that for the Friendship reports)

4. The characters aren't all smiley and giggly, like other girly kids' shows

5. The show sometimes references stuff older people would get, like Star Wars or The Great Labowski

6. Some of the episodes may contain epic plotlines in which the characters have to battle giant mythical creatures or certain villains

7. The main cast is simply...cute

And to that, I'd like to add that, at least to me, the show reminds me much of the kind of cartoon shows I grew up with. With clever and unforced humor and plotlines and with that essence that is sure to leave a mark. Also the animation is pretty neat :)

Plus these reasons:

1. The show isn't depressing.

2. To be honest, there are actually a lot of people that could learn a few things about being a better person from those Friendship reports, so the morals hardly feel forced, IMO.

3. It's a proven fact that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic IS the best show ever made.

Oh, and Jelly IS a brony. "Brony" is a gender neutral term that applies to any MLP:FiM fan outside the target demographic.

Also, tvguy, if you would like some episodes that i'd personally recommend (in no particular order):

Season 1:

Dragonshy

Winter Wrap Up (mostly because of the song)

Suited for Success

Sonic Rainboom

A Dog and Pony Show

The Cutie Mark Chronicles

Green Isn't Your Color

Party of One

The Best Night Ever

Season 2:

The Return of Harmony (both parts)

Lesson Zero

Sweet and Elite

Secret of My Excess

I checked up on the latest episode discussion on Equestria Daily out of curiosity. Right now, the whole discussion is filled with cheers and praises of love and admiration to the celestial heavens from all kinds of bronies over Derpy's (that's even what she's called in the most recent episode) first speaking role in the entire series. In case you want a quick summary of their comments:

Spoiler

Woah, Derpy just spoke. Derpy spoke! Damn! Oh my God! She spoke several lines of dialogue in a gag! So hilarious! Holy shit! They even call her Derpy! Derpy Hooves is now canon! Oh yes, Derpy, fuck yeah! So intense, and I viewed it on TV for myself! WOOT! That is the baddest fn' thing I've ever seen!

The fans have an even greater love for Derpy than I thought. What do you guys think?

Yep, it's true! If you haven't seen today's episode, Derpy is now 100% canon!

I've honestly been waiting for this for a long time, since one of the crew members confirmed several months ago that Derpy would have speaking roles.

We did it, fellow bronies! We've gotten them to fully incorporate one of our fan-creations into the show!

824px-Derpy_and_Rainbow_in_conversation.PNG

By the way, there's speculation going around that Hasbro is removing the character Derpy and her name from the show because a few people wrote to them saying that she's offensive to mentally-challenged people.

While these rumors haven't been confirmed, there's already a Save Derpy campaign going on.

If you don't want your favorite cross-eyed pony to fade away, sign this petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/hasbro-studiosthe-hub-do-not-change-derpys-name

and tweet #SaveDerpy

By the way, there's speculation going around that Hasbro is removing the character Derpy and her name from the show because a few people wrote to them saying that she's offensive to mentally-challenged people.

While these rumors haven't been confirmed, there's already a Save Derpy campaign going on.

If you don't want your favorite cross-eyed pony to fade away, sign this petition:

http://www.change.org/petitions/hasbro-studiosthe-hub-do-not-change-derpys-name

and tweet #SaveDerpy

Woah, that petition has already gotten over 20,000 signatures. I just signed it myself, I definitely do not want Derpy terminated from the show, I didn't find her appearance offensive at all.

I know this is a late comment for Bronycon, but when I watched this video a while ago, I became apart of Ponyville.net because of the person whose avatar was named Cinnamon Groove noted that site. I even seen him across Ponyville.net.

I know this is a late comment for Bronycon, but when I watched this video a while ago, I became apart of Ponyville.net because of the person whose avatar was named Cinnamon Groove noted that site. I even seen him across Ponyville.net.

That's cool. As for the Save Derpy campaign, Hasbro has actually made a response to the brony community about all of the messages they received regarding the issue (despite not explicitly stating it), and thankfully, they do not appear to be in favor of getting rid of Derpy.

I think we can rest easy for now, comrades.