• Advertisement

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic

storytime7

While they do a decent job of introducing the characters, it's generally agreed that the first two episodes are some of the weakest in the series.

I actually think the first two episodes are really good.

I actually think the first two episodes are really good.

Maybe I worded that wrong. I meant to say it's generally agreed that the first two episodes aren't the best for someone new to the series to watch, which I can agree with.

I think there's much better episodes, but I don't dislike the first two episodes.

I absolutely love MLP: FiM! My favorite mane six characters are Twilight, Rarity, and Applejack. I don't necessarily have a favorite episode because they're all awesome. I am a brony but I don't do any fan work. Pegasister just sounds weird to me... :S So yeah, I just watch the show. Nothing more.

You could always be a "hoenie." :P

Primary characters listed from most favorite to least favorite:

1. Pinkie Pie (love her enthusiasm and randomness :P )

2. Fluttershy

3. Twilight Sparkle

4. Spike

5. Applejack

6. Rainbow Dash

7. Rarity

That just reminded me that it's been more than a year since I posted my favorite to least favorite Mane Six characters list, and my opinions have changed since then, so here we go.

6. Rainbow Dash (I used to adore her, but she's gotten more annoying than funny recently, and I get the feeling that I don't love her anymore)

5. Applejack (Nothing much has changed here, though I do like her a bit more than I used to)

4. Twilight Sparkle (Same as AJ)

3. Rarity (Not afraid to admit that I hated her initially, but she's gotten a lot more funny moments and great lines, and I find her a lot more interesting now)

2. Pinkie Pie (Similar to Rarity, I didn't care for her at first, but I realized that she's a lovable character, and I've grown to really like her)

1. Fluttershy (Congratulations Fluttershy, after a year and two seasons, you are still the king of the hill, or at least king of my list. I can only wonder if you will be able to keep your throne throughout the entirety of the next season)

I just have to say this. am I the only one to find this show good but overrated/overpraised? Don't get me wrong, I love MLP: FiM to heck, but it's EVERYWHERE, like Invader Zim used to be. But I shouldn't be surprised that it's what a hardcore fanbase is what it's supposed to be. Anywhere you look, it's ponies. Youtube, Deviantart, Google, here, etcetera, ectetera. Now the fanbase, I am a brony, but I'm quite moderate. It's kind of like "BEST SHOW EVER!" And when ponies do something related to another source, it's like "PONIES DID IT BETTER." And the dialogue, I imagine it being like "funniest thing ever," "20 percent cooler," or anything else involving a future meme. I don't know if it will last as a series of memes, I see it as a huge internet fad. I can say I'm a fan, but not really hardcore.

I know i'm replying to a really old post, but I agree with this now. I'd actually go as far as to say it's probably one of the most overrated cartoons ever made.

I know i'm replying to a really old post, but I agree with this now. I'd actually go as far as to say it's probably one of the most overrated cartoons ever made.

You whaaaaa? Also, did that post just rise from the ashes like magic? Not a very reasonable response about what I've thought through the show about 11 months ago, but I do have my reasons to think MLP: FiM is loved a little too much.

You whaaaaa? Also, did that post just rise from the ashes like magic? Not a very reasonable response about what I've thought through the show about 11 months ago, but I do have my reasons to think MLP: FiM is loved a little too much.

I was looking through some of the posts in this thread again, and noticed it.

It pains me to admit...but I've begun to agree with this. I'd be more into MLP:FIM if there was far less obsessing over it (spamming how much they love the show, hipster comments, stupid fights with obvious trolls, etc.) and if more of the people who liked it were not so obnoxious in expressing their thoughts on the fanbase (YEA, I LICK THE SHO BUT I NO FAN BECAUSE I'M TOO AWESOME AND BRONEIGHS ARE...you get the idea).

I've been attending several brony meetups, and I must say this fandom has helped me keep my social life intact.

And for the few remaining bronies on this forum (which would be me, UC, and some other dude), Season 3 will be premiering on Saturday, November 10 at 10AM!

Check out the deets here:

http://family-room.e...son-3-premiere/

• Like 1

I've been attending several brony meetups, and I must say this fandom has helped me keep my social life intact.

And for the few remaining bronies on this forum (which would be me, UC, and some other dude), Season 3 will be premiering on Saturday, November 10 at 10AM!

Check out the deets here:

http://family-room.e...son-3-premiere/

Awesome, I'm pretty pumped! Although I must admit I was hoping more would be revealed today then just the airdate, which we kinda almost knew already.