• Advertisement

Clappy Was Here

Clappy

On 8/30/2018 at 7:59 PM, E.V.I.L. said:

I have such a love/hate with this college it's not even funny (I do love Ithaca though) ?

Pretty much how I felt about college in a nutshell.  The experience was fun but the college workload can be stressful.  I’m assuming that’s your relationship with it. ?

On 9/4/2018 at 4:25 AM, Kotarou♡ said:

wassup mane

Not a lot.  Feeling rather down on myself the past few days.  You?

Cornell pros:

campus is beautiful

professors are good generally

I'm better at avoiding stress (tho that's more a me thing)

people here are down to earth (I always forget it's an ivy league tbh)

I fucking love the libraries they're so cool

And while I hate to admit it, having that Cornell name does help a bit with applications...

Cons:

Workload is intense af sometimes (like rn 4 exams in a week send help)

My fellow premeds are so bad at stress management that they honestly stress me out more than the workload does

It can feel lonely here if you dont hsve a great support system; mental health resources suck ass

Cornell administration is cheap af qnd just shcharges us money any chance they ficking ger

People here are more onnthe pessimistic side which gets annoying, especially when its rich people who can afford this education acting super entitled and complaining about EVERYTHING

Really truly a love/hate

please tell me I'll make more friends because I feel like I've royally fucked up by befriending people in my major who only like to study and dont knkw.whow to manage time or stress and thus end up burning me out more than school ever could?

Also are you doing better now?

On 9/17/2018 at 11:16 AM, A Real Live Ghost Mop?? said:

same but change days to months? ?

I’m sorry Cha.  If you need anyone to talk to, feel free to send me a message if you wish.

On 9/17/2018 at 5:39 PM, E.V.I.L. said:

Cornell pros:

campus is beautiful

professors are good generally

I'm better at avoiding stress (tho that's more a me thing)

people here are down to earth (I always forget it's an ivy league tbh)

I fucking love the libraries they're so cool

And while I hate to admit it, having that Cornell name does help a bit with applications...

Cons:

Workload is intense af sometimes (like rn 4 exams in a week send help)

My fellow premeds are so bad at stress management that they honestly stress me out more than the workload does

It can feel lonely here if you dont hsve a great support system; mental health resources suck ass

Cornell administration is cheap af qnd just shcharges us money any chance they ficking ger

People here are more onnthe pessimistic side which gets annoying, especially when its rich people who can afford this education acting super entitled and complaining about EVERYTHING

Really truly a love/hate

please tell me I'll make more friends because I feel like I've royally fucked up by befriending people in my major who only like to study and dont knkw.whow to manage time or stress and thus end up burning me out more than school ever could?

Also are you doing better now?

Dude I know you’ll make more friends.  You’re way too likeable for you to not be able to.

And yes, I’m doing sort of better now.  Still feeling pretty crappy about myself but for an entirely different reason than I was a month ago.

On 9/19/2018 at 3:17 AM, Someone said:

Henlooo :3

Hey look everybody!  Someone is back!  How’s it going you!?!?

On 9/29/2018 at 2:42 PM, Steel Sponge said:

I've delayed this for so long, but this list is now done?

And my reply to this is not nearly as delayed as this was, but still plenty delayed enough.  Will give it a gander when I’m home on my laptop, promise.  I enjoy these.

It really is interesting to see how time changes things... friendship situation is better now, I've reconnected with some acwuanintences from freshman yesr qnd hsve gotten closer to them 

Would y00 zay tou are more on the introvert or extrovert sitde?

On 10/22/2018 at 4:37 PM, E.V.I.L. said:

It really is interesting to see how time changes things... friendship situation is better now, I've reconnected with some acwuanintences from freshman yesr qnd hsve gotten closer to them 

Would y00 zay tou are more on the introvert or extrovert sitde?

See man?  You’re too awesome to not have anyone want to be your friend.  I’m glad you’re reconnecting.

And to answer your question, even though I’ve gotten more extroverted over the years, I’m still more of an introvert.

On 10/28/2018 at 3:06 PM, Kotarou? said:

how do u feel about ask threads all becoming a dying race now?

It’s sad to see since there are so many memories from these threads, but I think it’s not the end of the world since it means more activity is spreading to the forums themselves.

On 11/13/2018 at 1:50 PM, Katniss said:

Why didn’t you like The Americans? :Laugh: I know you said that months ago but it was randomly on my mind so I had to ask about it lol

I’ve tried to get into it but I think it’s the tone of the show that keeps me from getting into it as much as I would like to since I do think the premise is legitimately interesting and the leads are charismatic.

24 minutes ago, Katniss said:

do you stan queen ari's thank u, next? (smirk) 

Shoot I’ve been stanning Ariana all year, even her album from this year grew on me after me feeling so-so on it when it first came out.  I’m beyond happy for her success and I’m so glad she finally has a number one song.  Every single she’s had this year realistically has a shot for my best list.

On 11/14/2018 at 5:03 PM, Kotarou? said:

I miss our occasional legends of the hidden temple days with jenks and sauce? :Laugh:

Shoot I miss our 90s Are All That chats to go along with that. :Laugh:

On 11/14/2018 at 5:17 PM, E.V.I.L. said:

I came to the realization a month ago that I'm actually an extrovert and it explains a lot, I hate it tho I get si drained of I cant find peopke to hang with for more than a day or so? :Laugh:

Just remember man that you’re entitled to have your own “me time” too so you can also be your own best friend and not have to hang out with other people.  I hope that makes sense what I said.

On 12/6/2018 at 12:13 PM, E.V.I.L. said:

Yes it exactly makes sense!

You're living proof that people really do get wiser and they age? I'm lowkey a baaaaaby :laugh:

Eh I wouldn’t consider myself wise but I appreciate the thought though man.  Glad someone finds me as such. And you aren’t a baby. :Laugh:

On 12/18/2018 at 10:39 AM, Mr. Eugene Krabs said:

Ahoy lad, would you like to convert to Satanism?

That depends.  Would you prefer to have all the money in my pocket?

On 12/27/2018 at 4:09 PM, Katniss said:

I know you said you probably weren't doing a TV list this year, but what were some of your fave shows you watched anyway?

Still not sure if I’ll do a proper list or not like you mentioned but some of my favorites included: The Good Place (best show of 2018), Atlanta, Brooklyn Nine Nine, Bojack, and two new entries into my favorites list; The Goldbergs (started watching the series in its entirety fairly recently and it really reminds me of an old school 90s TGIF show except it takes place in the 80s) and Superstore (it took me awhile to get into it but I’m really starting to like this).