• Advertisement

What'd ya last watch? (Movies)

terminoob

I saw It after I left classes yesterday, and I also enjoyed the 1990 version. It's the best horror genre film I've seen in a while, from the tone of the movie having this creepy but unpredictable feel to beautifully cinematography showing our protagonists in either bright locations or dark, muddy, cramped areas where Pennywise shows up. I was worried that with the movie taking place in the 80s that there'd be forced nostalgia pandering that we see nowadays, but the references are more subtle and not used as a gimmick. In fact, this movie has no gimmicks required when Stephen King is a genius in this movie. And as a bonus, him banning an orange idiot from seeing the movie and telling him to float himself is epic!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Daytona Fan said:

I saw Home Alone; never understood how two parents can leave a kid that's more than half their height in the house. Also, what version of IT is better: the 1990 version or the 2017 version?

Wait for the 2044 version of IT, it will be made 27 years after the 2017 version.

• Thanks 1

On TV, I saw the 2002 Britney Spears movie "Crossroads;" it was a LOT better than I expected it to be, and I never realized was THAT was where Zoe Saldana of "Avatar" and "Star Trek Beyond" fame GOT her start! o.o I also saw "The Graduate" on D.V.D., it STILL pretty much holds up as a relevant movie today, which is SAYING something for a movie MADE fifty years ago! :D I saw "Happy Feet" on Netflix, Robin Williams for the WIN; and I saw "The Blair Witch Project" on TV for the first time; THAT'S how you do a low budget movie RIGHT! :cool: That's all the movies I saw since the last time I posted on here! ;)