• Advertisement

215a. Feral Friends

Jjs Goodman

Episode Rating  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Moons: Hey kids, check out that cool glowing rock in the sky!
    • 4/5 Moons: Last time I saw a moon that big, it was in a locker room.
    • 3/5 Moons: Something fishy's going on here...
    • 2/5 Moons: I'm allergic to nuts.
    • 1/5 Moons: Get away from the light!

FlNmwkZ.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, October 7th @ 10:00am ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, October 7th @ 4:30pm ET/PT

Sunday, October 8th @ 12:00pm ET/PT

Monday, October 9th @ 4:00pm ET/PT

Plot:

A strange moon turns everyone in town into wild animals, and Sandy is the only one who can save them.

Clips:

http://www.nick.com/spongebob-squarepants/videos/215-clip/

This episode, along with "Don't Wake Patrick!" already aired in Israel and are floating around online. This episode is also 14 minutes long instead of 11, so it is another slightly extended episode in the vein of "Shanghaied" and "Back to the Past". Patchy and Potty will return in this episode.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 2

Season 10 was a rollercoaster of season imo. The season itself was a kid having bipolar disorder, but I won't get too off-topic about it, let's review this episode instead...it was a strange episode, but in a good way. This is the best surrealness I've seen in the 10th season. Everything about it worked. I enjoyed seeing Patchy and Potty again. I noticed Potty is now voiced by Mr. Doug Lawrence. He's somewhat more higher pitched than Stephen Hillenburg and Paul Tibbitt's take on the character, but it's jarring because I couldn't even tell if it was actually him (Mr. Lawrence is easy to tell apart in voices). What made the episode really interesting is the narrator is actually real. He's basically a guy in a water suit, probably living his life narrating the world of SpongeBob. I'm glad this ended up being the most Sandy centered episode of the season, because here's the thing: Sandy only appeared in 4 episodes, yet her voice actress Carolyn Lawrence actually get speaking lines for other characters in some episodes I think it's a slap in the face. Either way, the plot here was unique, it's basically a weird one as I mention. It's kinda like Pressure where everyone become real life animals, but animated. The continuity is pretty strong here because Mr Krabs and Mrs Puff spent the episode interacting with each other. Mr Lawrence must really ship these two so much (he did came up with the idea of Krusty Love after all, and this was brought up again in Whirlybrains, an episode he written). The climax was exciting to watch, although in the end it was pretty weird to see everyone even Pearl and Mrs. Puff naked. Also, Patrick got a big butt. All in all, it's an awesome episode and ones of my favorite of the otherwise underwhelming 10th season. I still preferred Mimic Madness though.

I think this episode segment was written for basically one reason; fan-service! :D It wanted us to show Patchy and Potty again, and it also showed us that the French Narrator is actually a PHYSICAL person, who apparently lives his life in a submarine! :cool: (Which would explain just HOW he KNOWS what is going on in Bikini Bottom at any particular moment!) :hysterical: This is DEFINITELY Sandy's BIGGEST episode in quite a while; and she made one of the BIGGEST fourth-wall breaking jokes this season, by actually ASKING the NARRATOR what was going on! o.o It kind of puzzles me why when the sea creatures turned wild, they were ANIMATED! Previously, when they were shown like real animals (or on dry land), they were three-dimensional in appearance! Although I suppose it would've been a lot HARDER to make their movements look CONVINCING using THAT medium! :rolleyes: Also, I NEVER thought that we would EVER get to see either Pearl, Mrs. Puff, or Larry without any clothes on! :blush: But I guess when you've been on the air for eighteen years, you can get AWAY with stuff like that! I'd give this episode a ten out of ten! Enough said! ;)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 2
  • God Himself 2

4 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

I think this episode segment was written for basically one reason; fan-service! :D It wanted us to show Patchy and Potty again, and it also showed us that the French Narrator is actually a PHYSICAL person, who apparently lives his life in a submarine! :cool: (Which would explain just HOW he KNOWS what is going on in Bikini Bottom at any particular moment!) :hysterical: This is DEFINITELY Sandy's BIGGEST episode in quite a while; and she made one of the BIGGEST fourth-wall breaking jokes this season, by actually ASKING the NARRATOR what was going on! o.o It kind of puzzles me why when the sea creatures turned wild, they were ANIMATED! Previously, when they were shown like real animals (or on dry land), they were three-dimensional in appearance! Although I suppose it would've been a lot HARDER to make their movements look CONVINCING using THAT medium! :rolleyes: Also, I NEVER thought that we would EVER get to see either Pearl, Mrs. Puff, or Larry without any clothes on! :blush: But I guess when you've been on the air for eighteen years, you can get AWAY with stuff like that! I'd give this episode a ten out of ten! Enough said! ;)

I'm glad you enjoyed nudity fanservice.

• Like 2
  • Happy 2

8 minutes ago, 4EverGreen said:

Also, I NEVER thought that we would EVER get to see either Pearl, Mrs. Puff, or Larry without any clothes on! :blush: But I guess when you've been on the air for eighteen years, you can get AWAY with stuff like that! I'd give this episode a ten out of ten! Enough said! ;)

Image result for spongebob bleach

• Like 4
  • Happy 3

Great episode. I was weirdly happy to see Patchy and Potty again after so long, and I honestly liked their segments. The French Narrator's inclusion was funny too, I pretty much loved everything about his presence, from Sandy talking to him, to his narration of the feral gang, and how he interacted with Patchy and Potty near the end. As for the rest, I thought it was handled well. Not super funny, but the story was done in an interesting way, and held my attention from start to finish. The whole Neptune's Moon and Sun stuff was pretty dope, and I loved the effects it had on the gang, especially with their designs. The brief Sandy/Squidward interaction was nice since we don't see them interact much. The Kruff stuff didn't feel as it forced as it did in "Whirly Brains", so I found the few moments there were cute. Even though I'm not a fan of "here we go again endings", I didn't mind it much.

Grade: A-

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 4

Very strange party group for the squirrel-y birthday, Pearl/Puff attending and all. But this core cast expansion is overdue and there'd be no point in this special effect plot without them. It makes sense that Sandy would have camaraderie with the French Narrator since both came from above land. Kruff finally got their first kiss and were then nude in front of each other, though feral Puff killed the mood as a predator. Pearl vs. Squidward was epic, but then the aftermath of their reversion was disturbing. Patchy/Potty's bickering is always reliable and it definitely helped the episode feel like an old school special. So entertaining and chaotic, glad they did it right.

Grade: F-anservice. (The kind 4Ever gets his jollies off to)

This was an amazing episode. I was actually glad to see Patchy and Potty again and I actually didn't expect the "feral" thing to be them turning into non-anthropomorphic sea creatures. But I really enjoyed Sandy doing whatever she can to help them and seeing the French Narrator in person. The Puff/Krabs thing was great to see along with the fact that they are naturally supposed to be enemies- speaking of which, I'm sure Hillenburg enjoyed getting to showcase his marine biology in this episode. I surely didn't expect to see Pearl, Mrs. Puff, and Larry naked, but it was funny.

Also, Happy birthday Sandy!

tfw the show brought up fish cannibalism oh wee

this episode was one of the strongest episodes they have done in years. For 18 years, the show hadn't come up with the idea of characters becoming mindless fish creatures and it finally happened in this episode. An idea I never thought of it but glad it happened. The episode felt very fast paced without being over the top zany and something like it. It was like a quite small adventure for Sandy and I loved it. Sandy was amazing, she really cared about her friends and she didn't want them to eat each other. It was even shocking to see her trying to hide Squidward, more Sandy/Squidward dynamic please but it was once great to see Sandy having struggle with saving people. A lot of people felt Sandy became such a plot solver and yeah I can see that, even though that never bothered me but Sandy was shown some vulnerability and that helped me caring for her more. A lot of funny moments through the episode like the entire French Narritor showing up, Mrs. Puff eating Mr. Krabs, the moon joke by Larry, Sandy turning into mindless squirrel and all of Patchy/Potty stuff. This wasn't a 22 minute special episode but if they make the specials more like this episode, adventurous and funny. This episode was a combination of both and props to Mr. Lawrance for his second masterpiece of season 10, first being Mimic Madness.

Grade: A

I rated this a 3/5 for having an interesting concept but kinda bland execution and seriously this had no reason to be sixteen minutes but then i considered all the new characters we get to see naked in this one and its an easy 5/5

• Sad 1
  • God Himself 3