• Advertisement

206b. Code Yellow

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Noses: Thanks doc!
    • 4/5 Noses: I was born to serve!
    • 3/5 Noses: Maybe a little work wouldn't hurt.
    • 2/5 Noses: You can't dump your garbage here sir.
    • 1/5 Noses: SpongeBob, get this garbage out of here!

3aT0JN0.png

Premieres: 

Saturday, June 3rd @ 10:15am ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, June 3rd @ 4:15pm ET/PT

Sunday, June 4th @ 11:45am ET/PT

Saturday, June 10th @ 9:45am ET/PT

Plot:

Squidward gets a nose job at the local hospital and SpongeBob tags along as moral support.

Clips:

N/A

I'm sure as most of you know this, along with "Unreal Estate", has already aired in Israel, and uploads for it are floating around.

Edited by Austin Layers

Godly animation right here. Easily my favorite episode to date.

QUGWF4s.png

But seriously this episode has much more gross-out and disgusting slapstick gags than just this painting, and the story construction is terrible. This is just the tip of the iceberg, and you should really avoid it when it airs in the United States.

SpongeBob being a doctor was nice and funny (Demolition Doofus callback with the puffing iron lung? shame they didn't do iron butt but hey we also got my legs even if it wasn't Fred...again...as always lately) and the visual gags with Squid's surgery were hilarious ie the sushi and pieces over the nose job, the few grosser gags such as the picture above didn't bother me either as they were quick. Overall this had enough humor with the short gag style it went with to pass time until the end, not my favorite style and I wouldn't rely on it over and over again for a story in general, but it worked with what they did. 

8/10, may change depending on the day because the structure is a little off-setting, it really does feel like a bunch of quick shorts with SB as a doctor mashed together if that really bothers you.

I got a feeling this episode might not be well received to some people. Like Unreal Estate what I excepted is the usual stuff I seen nowadays in these SpongeBob/Squidward episodes and while it still had those elements, it managed to be more about that. Instead, they balanced the character focus kinda like the previous. This episode meets No Nose Knows but with Squidward doing a nose operation and I Had an Accident but with the butt surgery being involved for a little bit. Once again, both SpongeBob and Squidward feels like their own selves for most of the scenes. SpongeBob was a little annoying in a few scenes, but there were decent moments from him. Now there were a couple grossout that I didn't need to see, but it lasts briefly and doesn't take over the episode unlike certain season 6 episodes I will mention. Andrew Goodman is looking to be a good (pun intended) newer writer if he keep it up, although it wasn't his greatest script. 7.5/10

• Like 1

Not as bad an episode segment as I THOUGHT it was going to be, they definitely kept the gross-out gags short and brief. Also FUNNY to see Mrs. Puff have to interact with Spongebob IN the hospital! :D "Help me!" But I don't feel like this is as strong of an episode segment as the other one is. I'd give this episode segment an 85/100.

I honestly didn't like this one, sorry guys. I thought SpongeBob was extremely irritating, and I didn't find any of his antics funny. :/ Everything about it just felt rushed and wild, much like Krusty Katering. Squidward's treatment was just cringey and kinda unnecessary. SpongeBob pretending to be a doctor could've been an interesting idea in the right context, but I don't think this episode executed it very well at all. The only thing I found close to amusing was Squilliam's cameo as one of the noses.

The iron lung from Funny Pants appears, which Mrs. Puff is in. I guess it was a cool reference, but it's not enough to save this otherwise pretty bad episode for me. 

Grade: D

Edited by Austin Layers
  • Like 2

I liked it, but some of this was very disturbing to me. The parts with SpongeBob slicing Squidward open should have been a little more cartoony. Also I can not wrap my head around the fact that lying about being a docter and messing with peoples body is something SpongeBob would actually do. Still, I was fancinated and thought a lot of it was very funny. I don't know what to rate it, but I do like it when the show gets edgy like this, although this might have been a little too far for me.

Edited by BeachBob95

I thought this episodes was pretty good. It wasn't as good as "Unreal Estate" in terms of being a SpongeBob/Squidward episode, but it wasn't as gross as I thought it would be. I usually don't like episodes where a character is mistaken for a doctor and ruins everything while trying to be one, but SpongeBob actually managed to pull off being a doctor really well up until he got to Squidward. But seeing him dismember Squidward was pretty entertaining. I'm surprised that SpongeBob wasn't arrested for impersonating a doctor though

28 minutes ago, DarkEvil LaserPants said:

I thought this episodes was pretty good. It wasn't as good as "Unreal Estate" in terms of being a SpongeBob/Squidward episode, but it wasn't as gross as I thought it would be. I usually don't like episodes where a character is mistaken for a doctor and ruins everything while trying to be one, but SpongeBob actually managed to pull off being a doctor really well up until he got to Squidward. But seeing him dismember Squidward was pretty entertaining. I'm surprised that SpongeBob wasn't arrested for impersonating a doctor though

Sandy Cheeks: "You should be arrested for IMPERSONATING a Doctor!" o.o Patrick: "Hey! I'm a GOOD Doctor! Right Spongebob?!" :hysterical: I'm surprised THAT wasn't used as a call-back line in this episode! Definitely would've helped the episode OUT a little, that's for sure! :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Austin Layers said:

I honestly didn't like this one, sorry guys. I thought SpongeBob was extremely irritating, and I didn't find any of his antics funny. :/ Everything about it just felt rushed and wild, much like Krusty Katering. Squidward's treatment was just cringey and kinda unnecessary. SpongeBob pretending to be a doctor could've been an interesting idea in the right context, but I don't think this episode executed it very well at all. The only thing I found close to amusing was Squilliam's cameo as one of the noses.

The iron lung from Funny Pants appears, which Mrs. Puff is in. I guess it was a cool reference, but it's not enough to save this otherwise pretty bad episode for me. 

Grade: D

Think of it this way: Andrew Goodman's recent episodes have given you more to talk about.

Yeah, I was not a fan of this. It was still not bad for me. It at least had some energy that prevented me from disliking this so much. If a bad episode of SpongeBob doesn't frustrate me or gross me out so much, then it's just a borefest. This one was no borefest but I still didn't like it. The story was so all over the place. At first It goes with SpongeBob hurting Squidward, then it becomes SpongeBob being a doctor and do random wacky stuff, then Mrs. Puff gets shoehorned in because she clearly didn't suffer enough and it ends with multiple jokes of SpongeBob doing wacky stuff at the surgery room and making different noses for Squidward. It felt like everything happened in this episode came off as so random that story didn't matter. Gross-out humor here wasn't too much but they were still unfunny and disturbing gags. I feel like I'm being way negative but aside from all these, this episode was still not bad. It had bad-writing but there were still some stuff that I enjoyed. My favorite gag was definitely Squilliam nose but mostly this episode felt too wacky for my taste just like some other season 10 episode.

Grade: C