• Advertisement

Megamind

Jjs Goodman

I deeply love this movie to death. I watched it way before Despicable Me, so I might be kinda bias when I say I like the whole "bad guy gone good" storyline in Megamind better.The movie just does so many things normal character/superhero stories rarely did. Kill of the superhero (or at least we thought) and have Megamind slowly change his evil personality to fit who he really was. I consider this movie my favorite DreamWorks flick and one of my top 5 favorite movies ever.

I really couldn't get into it. I didn't like Jonah Hill's character at all and having him end up being really important was a huge letdown (plus his design was god awful and I hated looking at him). I was expecting it to always be Metroman vs. Megamind but throughout the film have it slowly be revealed that Metroman was a bad guy and have Megamind have to be the good guy and save the town, and I would've preferred that so much more to what it actually was. I give Dreamworks credit for being original, but I really didn't think it paid off well at all. It was also so completely different from Despicable Me that I don't get why people keep comparing the two (and if the whole "villain turning into a hero" thing is being tossed around as the only similarity, you should probably throw Wreck-It Ralph into the mix as well).

I really couldn't get into it. I didn't like Jonah Hill's character at all and having him end up being really important was a huge letdown (plus his design was god awful and I hated looking at him). I was expecting it to always be Metroman vs. Megamind but throughout the film have it slowly be revealed that Metroman was a bad guy and have Megamind have to be the good guy and save the town, and I would've preferred that so much more to what it actually was. I give Dreamworks credit for being original, but I really didn't think it paid off well at all. It was also so completely different from Despicable Me that I don't get why people keep comparing the two (and if the whole "villain turning into a hero" thing is being tossed around as the only similarity, you should probably throw Wreck-It Ralph into the mix as well).

tumblr_n29fjeQVlc1qhry52o5_250.gif