• Advertisement

The Lego Ninjago Movie

Clappy

If you thought one Lego movie was enough this year, a second is coming this fall based off the Ninjago series.

I'll admit to have never watched Ninjago, but this movie trailer was as charming as all the other Lego film trailers.  I'm probably going to end up giving this a shot.

• Like 4

I wasn't a fan of the original TV series, but I find this could be great!  The visuals are fantastic and I find a few of the jokes pretty funny.  The one with the married couple was a good one to me, as well as the dialogue between Lloyd and his father.  I'll be sure to check this out =)

1 hour ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Honestly, I'm starting to suspect that they're trying to create a Lego cinematic universe. Given how successful the first Lego movie was, I'm not surprised.

they mention master builders in the Lego Batman trailer so yeah. Basically that

Anyway I like the trailer a lot and can't wait until the movie comes out in September

I liked the original Lego: Ninjago series for the first two seasons, but fell out of watching it after that. I remember watching bits of the later seasons though and being surprised that it was still going, as well as still going strong. I wouldn't mind checking out the movie.

oh man flashbacks to 2012 when I was totally into this show. It had some good development actually, especially on lloyd. I recommend the series before watching the movie. I liked the white ninja or whatever too.

Spoiler

weird to see lloyd's father alive again and evil still

• Like 1

la-loyd?

Constantly seeing the trailer at movies, I hope the whole father/son thing doesn't overlap what already happened in the Batman movie. Like I've heard others say before. Still on a priority on my list to see when it comes out. (and possibly rewatch the first season or two, that stuff was good iirc.) I don't know if it'll be that big of a hit with the box office, as most not familiar with legos won't know what it is. But only time will tell. 

All and all I'm just looking forward to the second Lego Movie for possible dark knight reasons.. :funny: 

Giving this a bump since it's out and all.

Might consider checking this out since I was once a fan of the show. I felt it kind of went downhill after Season 2 imho, but since it's disconnected from the show (probably for the best), I might give it a shot.

Edited by jjsthekid

So I saw this today and I liked it a lot! :D

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lego_ninjago_movie

Despite what the critics are saying! :D

Yeah...I am surprised to be (sort of) playing the devil's advocate in saying that this movie was almost as good as The Lego Movie and The Lego Batman Movie and I think that the critics just had Lethal Weapon 3 Syndrome (a classic action comedy trilogy with a great third movie that had oddly mixed reviews). Being a burned out fan of the show like Jjs, combined with the changes they made to the voice cast and character designs and mixed reception, I came in genuinely worried that I was not going to like this that much and was relieved when my worries were quickly dispelled.

The action scenes and jokes were spot-on like I expected (well, that's also counting a few jokes that were kinda corny and juvenile like the "omelette weapon" instead of "ultimate weapon" gag, but that's beside the point) and I genuinely enjoyed myself the entire time. The mech fights at the beginning were cool, but I loved how they were just a warm-up for the martial arts shit. The reveal of what the ultimate weapon actually was was gold, along with most of the dialogue. The humor flowed really well, as always in these movies, and I laughed really hard at the scene of Sensei Wu's introduction with the Green Element, leading to "Earth, Green, and Fire" and that pink ninja. XD Most of the new voices took time to get used to, especially Jay and Zane's, but after I fell in love with Jackie Chan as Sensei Wu, nothing could tear us apart. :wub: I could tell he was the one enjoying himself most.

Overall, definitely be your own best critic here, take it from this guy who says this is another solid entry in the Lego Movie franchise. I won't go so far to say, "Fuck the critics", though...unless they touch my pones this way too. Then there will be trouble. (d) You know what I'm talking about...

250?cb=20170628181737

I've got eagle eyes on them now. (d)

Just a joke, obviously. Though just like Lord Garmadon, I will legitimately wonder if the one-star reviews are from trolls.

Going to keep this shorter than usual but yeah this was a solid movie.  I don't think the wheels are falling off the LEGO cinematic universe yet like my YouTube critics I view are suggesting, but I do agree that a lot of the material in these movies are starting to get noticeably repetitive in terms of comedy and some storyline elements.  That being said, I am still having a good time with these movies and while Ninjago wasn't as good as The LEGO Movie or LEGO Batman, it was still good in its own merits.  Garmadon is honestly one of the best characters from the LEGOverse and I seriously hope that at least he comes back in future movies.

• Like 1