• Advertisement

203a. Pineapple Invasion

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Pineapples: I'm much too simple-minded to look there!
    • 4/5 Pineapples: Good luck, Mr. Krabs!
    • 3/5 Pineapples: Yes sir, I see the problem.
    • 2/5 Pineapples: Prepare to initiate plan number...number, what's the number?
    • 1/5 Pineapples: Not the patties!

(No promo image available at this time)    

Premieres

Thursday, July 14th @ 5:30pm ET/PT

Encores:

N/A

Plot:

When SpongeBob hides the secret Krabby Patty formula in his home, Gary must protect it from Plankton.

Clips:

N/A

Kaz wrote this episode.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

This might just be the best episode of the week. Plankton's plan was unique and interesting at the start, and to have it thwarted in such a cartoony manner was hilarious. Same for his attempts at getting in the house, like the girl scout accent. :P The fact that the formula was in plain sight coming out of nowhere actually works from a logical standpoint, I mean Plankton is small with bad eyesight after all. Overall this episode was a treat. I have one criticism to give though: The scene between SB and Plankton after the KK alone coulda been swapped for a robot scene, it felt weird that Plankton didn't try some robot, and that meant Gary appeared in only the second half of the episode. I didn't hate the scene itself, yet I feel it could've been replaced with a better one. Besides that, it felt like an old T&J cartoon with Gary and Plankton. Great job by the crew on this one, besides just that one minor part.

This is really great, from all the Plankton anger fits to "I WENT TO COLLEGE". Thought the pacing was pretty no, really good for the slap stick. Definitely the best of the week so far. And the ending was actually funny too.  

I definitely liked this much better than Food Con. The gags here were great, especially Plankton's false victory speech at the end. My only real problem is the whole Gary and Plankton plot didn't kick until the halfway point, but the beginning stuff was good, too (though some of it could be trimmed down). Hearing "I WENT TO COLLEGE AGAIN" was hilarious, and Plankton not seeing the formula on the tv was out of nowhere, but made me lol too. The whole Gary and Plankton antics reminded me of a Looney Tunes or Tom and Jerry cartoon. I'm not sure if the doctor really had to cut open Gary's shell, but otherwise, I had no real problems with this episode. This might be the best of the premiere week so far, as it was probably the funniest.

Grade: A- 

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

Makes you wonder how Plankton got the skunk? Also, "Spongebob Squarepants" has FINALLY shown its first skunk! Really interesting episode, especially considering how there has never REALLY been a Plankton Vs. Gary episode before. Maybe there can be another one in the future! A 10/10! Enough said! ;)

I thought this episode was really great. I really liked the part with the skunk and Plankton pretending to be a girl scout. I thought this was a better Gary vs Plankton episode than Shellback Shenanigans, and I think this was my favorite of the week.

It was so much fun. Definitely felt like a Tom and Jerry short to me. Plankton's attempts to break in SpongeBob house were clever, especially the girl scout impression was so well done. Last 3 mins with Plankton inside Gary's shell was so trippy I loved it so much. The ep had a great pacing and so many amusing moments. I loved it. Best of the week, along with it's partner.

Grade: A-

*Spoiler Alert, If you haven't seen the episode, I would strongly recommend NOT to read my review!*

"Gary, I'm home. [gasps] What happened here?" - SpongeBob

"Pineapple Invasion" was definitely an interesting episode, everything from the skunk at the beginning to the strange, but hilarious ending, it's an episode full of laughs! The episode starts with Plankton going about his plans to steal the Krabby Patty formula, and then enters the Krusty Krab with a tarp over a wagon, he takes the tarp of and a skunk is revealed. The skunk then goes crazy and there are gases everywhere. This part really makes me laugh, especially SpongeBob's reaction to the gases reaching the Krabby Patties. "No! NOT THE PATTIES!". The customers then run away from the Krusty Krab, then goes Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob follow. Mr. Krabs then realizes that Plankton is still inside the Krusty Krab with his secret formula. He then runs in and finds Plankton about to blow up his safe, the safe explodes and another safe is revealed. SpongeBob then enters the Krusty Krab and Mr. Krabs says he needs to work on his security systems for the formula and asks SpongeBob to take the formula to his house and hide it. SpongeBob agrees and he heads home. The next day, Plankton attempts in various ways to enter SpongeBob's house while Gary is in charge. Gary then stops him multiple times. Plankton then manages to enter the pineapple and tears apart the house looking for the formula. Then we have some Tom and Jerry type clips with Gary and Plankton, in which, I really enjoyed. Plankton then enters Gary's shell, thinking the formula is inside. SpongeBob then comes home and realizes that his house is a mess, and it is revealed the formula was above the TV the whole time, he then takes Gary to the vet as he is twitching in the corner and he thinks something is wrong with him. But it's really because he's trying to get Plankton out of his shell. It is revealed that the gases inside Gary's shell were making Plankton go crazy and the episode ends. I found this episode really entertaining to watch, but it is not a perfect episode, as it is boring in some parts. I still recommend this episode and overall I would give it a score of 7.5/10, a good episode. 

latest?cb=20160715101646

Edited by Invincibubble