• Advertisement

Angry Birds Movie

Jane

While Angry Birds games have grown stale I think the movie itself looks promising based on the trailer so far.

It's still kind of weird getting used to them having wings, though.

And is it just me, but dang there are A LOT of video game movies coming out in 2016. Alone, we have Asassin's Creed, Ratchet and Clank, Warcraft and this...

This is only marginally related to the topic at hand, but whatever...

One thing I don't get though is why Sony is distributing and co-producing Angry Birds, which they don't even own the rights to, yet Ratchet & Clank, which they own the rights to and is a beloved IP, they're not even distributing.

I know it's because Ratchet and Clank is falling into obscurity but if they actually gave it a chance and made it a big budget movie, it wouldn't be seen as this "kiddie game" that everyone besides R&C fans generally don't care about...

I'm sure it will do OK but with a budget of only $14 million and a paltry marketing budget, no matter how good R&C is, Angry Birds will defintely outperform it. I mean, it's obvious which one has bigger production values and the audience will know that.

Rant over.

I actually think the vocal choices are pretty good, from what I've heard from just the trailer, and the music choices are very good. :) I'm surprised to actually SEE Peter Dinklage ("Game of Thrones" fame) be part of the cast list.  :o I wonder which role Keegan Michael Key will be playing.  :huh: The animation definitely looks good, so I'll probably go see it.  :D Enough said! ;)

I actually think the vocal choices are pretty good, from what I've heard from just the trailer, and the music choices are very good. :) I'm surprised to actually SEE Peter Dinklage ("Game of Thrones" fame) be part of the cast list.  :o I wonder which role Keegan Michael Key will be playing.  :huh: The animation definitely looks good, so I'll probably go see it.  :D Enough said! ;)

I'll see it if it's good. Honestly I'm just disapointed/bitter Sony's handling this instead of the R&C movie, but how they've been treating that IP for the last 4 years is worth it's own topic IMO.

I'm surprised this trailer wasn't terrible either. Yeah the designs of the Angry Birds are still awkward to look at but the rest of the CGI wasn't that bad honestly and the trailer legitimately amused me. I really do have hopes for this with that voice cast alone. I just want to hear that BAH HENNE NAH sound they make when you shoot the birds on the game to for sure give this a shot.

• Like 1

Well at least you can tell the people were interested in doing this movie gave it actual effort, I give them credit for that as this looks like it will be good in its' own way, not my tastes or anyone else's here really, but definitely better than at least that 4th Chipmunks Movie.

• Like 1

Woah for a movie solely based on selling an app, it had some good gags (wheat allergies, him thinking the girls are flirting with him and lol "oh I'm horrible") and actually a main character to relate to. I mean it probably won't be the best thing to come out but what it is, it actually looks kinda decent.

As I mentioned the other night on the XAT, I got to see an early screening of this with a friend.  I mean why not, I absolutely love the app game.  Although I, just like I'm sure others feel, think this movie is three years too late.  But hey, I didn't hate any of the trailers, so I was willing to give this a shot.  Especially for free.

It was ok.  Not good.  Not bad either.  The animation was fantastic, but the story felt stretched beyond belief.  By that I mean, it felt like it was made up on the fly because the source material needed some sort of origin story but the team behind this felt like they had no idea how to jumpstart it.  So for the first hour, this struggled to format some sort of introduction and rising actions that led to the pigs becoming the enemies the birds grew too hate.  Once the movie started to become more like the game, this became much better to watch.  I really dug the voice acting.  Everyone was enjoyable with Tony Hale being the low key highlight since the credits said he portrayed three different characters.  I would have never guessed that going in.

But yeah it was fine for what it was.  I doubt I'll sit through this again anytime soon, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be this time last year.

• Like 1