• Advertisement

FOX Plagiarizes a Youtube Video

Metal Snake

You're all probably rolling your eyes annoyed. "Come on Snakey, Youtube drama? We're done with that shit." But this isn't about Youtube drama. This also isn't an attack on FOX or Youtube. What this is an attack on...is hypocrisy. Apparently, what we're supposed to take from this is that using clips from company-owned entertainment for a transformative video just ain't right. However, a company can straight up steal your entire video to use in their entertainment without your consent and without giving you credit. Thanks to this crap, Seth Macfarlane had his Twitter account spammed with hate and another Youtuber was given a channel strike...because his video was plagiarized.

It's no wonder word of the DMCA's abuse has reached even the government now. This can't continue...

• Like 6

So, a video from the 1980s was featured on Family Guy and then taken down on YouTube because of a copyright claim by Fox, even though Fox technically stole the video.

This is why I think Fox is almost as bad, if not just as bad as Viacom.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hayden said:

Family Guy has a really lazy production team if it needs to spend a minute to two minutes using content from Youtube videos.

No they aren't, if they were they wouldn't have the courtesy to do a great voice over! :D 

Too much has already been said and I agree with pretty much everyone else

• Like 1

As someone who's a huge fan of Family Guy and stills find the show funny as heck, it's absolutely disgusting that FOX pulls a stunt like this. 

I'm officially scared that this will become something that's normal, like microtransactions in $60 games.

3 hours ago, Spongetron Robotpants said:

So basically they steal someone's video, and then hit it with a copyright claim? 

What the hell, Fox.  applejack_confused_by_angelishi-d6wk2ew.

Though they did steal the video, the copyright claim actually came from a bullshit automated filter. It's funny because FOX actually apologized for the latter, but not the former. <_<

I also agree with what was said with FOX being as bad as Viacom now. Just great, now we have at least four companies that are on their level when it comes to copyright abuse, the other three being Studio Ghibli, Warner Bros, and Hasbro. And that's only at least, some would say that The Pokemon Company and Konami have reached that level as well because although they've not been pulling said crap for as long, their actions have gone so far as to hurt devoted fans of theirs on a personal scale.

I swear, this kind of thing doesn't even make me angry anymore after seeing it so often. Just very sad.  

• Like 1

I agree that Fox striking these videos down with copyright claims is massive amounts of bullshit.

But on a somewhat note, as absolutely lazy joke as the joke was, I actually found it kind of funny.

How do you get rid of quotes? Anyway my thoughts on this is that this is really stupid. Why Fox took down a Youtube video that they stole. I don't know what to say?