• Advertisement

Assassin's Creed (film)

Jane

I have never played an AC game but hopefully the movie turns out well. This seems to actually have a decent amount of effort and production values put into it.

The main issue with game adaptations seem to be straying too far from the source material or too close (in Ratchet & Clank's case), so what I'm hoping is it remains faithful yet takes artistic liberties when it needs to and stands on it's own.

R&C may have been great fan service but didn't stand too well on it's own legs, at least as a newcomer. Now AC itself looks at the very least decent and the premise is pretty intriguing as someone who's unfamiliar with the games.

I googled it and the budget for this movie is pretty massive. They're definitely banking on this being a critical and commercial success, and I hope it turns out alright. Video games are a rich source for storytelling as a medium and can be the new comic book adaptations when we get to a certain point.

Discuss.

Edited by Teamwork

Wasn't a fan of the first game because it played way too much like a movie.  Based off that teaser, I sure hope it replicates that because I think a movie based off the first game can be a good time.

Game-wise, I played the series up til III. Those were some good times, especially when Brotherhood came out. Started getting fatigued with the franchise after III, didn't play another one until Syndicate, which was aight. This movie looks to have some promise, I like that they got Fassbender in this. 

Wow, this actually looks so cool. Action sequences and the cinematography looks neat and Michael Fassbender seems like he's having tons of fun. tbh the song didn't bother me at all, even though the score would be better but still I enjoyed the trailer and I'm definitely excited to see this one.

You know what pisses me off most about this sucking?  That I'm slightly tempted to have seen what Uwe Boll would have done with this rather than what we got.  Because at least Uwe Boll would have made something interestingly bad.  What we got was a overly dark brooding mess that focuses on the wrong aspects of the source material.  It nails the looks of the game yes, but it's lifeless as fuck in all honesty.

LtBl68m.png

:stinkeye:

Like, I don't even care for Assassin Cred but holy shit. How does something with so much brand recognition preform so lowly both critically and commercially?

At this point, what with the failures of the Ratchet and Clank and the admittedly-breaking-even-due-to-international-profits Warcraft films, I'm kind of worried concerning the future videogame films. Like, I know early comic book films sucked before better movies were made, but at least the 90s' videogame films awesomely sucked. Afterwards, they just sucked. There are tons of fanfilms out there, made by a few people on their spare time, that easily beat whatever crap gets pushed out by multi-millions-making studios made up of hundreds.

This is straight up depressing.