• Advertisement

Should Evolution be taught in Schools?

storytime7

Okay, let me start off by saying that I don't want this thread to turn into a thread where people are insulting other people's beliefs, and the rules clearly state to "respect other users", so no mocking anybody else's beliefs.

I an strongly against this, I am Catholic and find this very offensive. I don't care if it's part of "science", if i'm not comfortable learning it, then I shouldn't have to, but apparently one of the topics we will be learning in my biology class is "evolution" and some of the questions on the regents exams at the end of the year will be about this topic so i'll have to learn about it in school. Okay, seriously? Since when did it become okay to teach "evolution", but they can't teach any religions in school? If they're gonna teach evolution, then they have to teach Christianity, Judaism, Buddhism, and all the other religions. It always feels like they're trying to convert me whenever i'm in biology cause even when we are learning about cells and stuff, they find a way to bring evolution into the subject. It's getting ridiculous, i'm not gonna change my beliefs and if the school wants me to, then they can all rot in the fiery depths of hell. 901662.gif

What are your thought on this widely debated topic?

Yes, it should. Because the pokemon noobs lately are really fucking up on evolving their pokemon, like evolving Turtwig the first chance they get. Fucking noob.

So yes, to avoid these noobs who suck at pokemon, schools should teach us about evolution and how not to be a noob while trying to evolve our pokemonz. It'd be really nice and heartwarming to have teachers explain to us how to evolvve our Pokemanz.

So yes, good evolving should be taught in school, cuz these noobs suck.

*(...Or is this being a joke going to fly right over people's heads and they'll think I don't know what Storytime means?)

• Like 1

When I had Evolution in Biology last year, it honestly didn't make mefeel too uncomfortable (although I was alot more concentrated on sleeping than on the topic) but I agree with Storytime, that they should have to teach other religions if their going to teach evolution

Well...it creeps me out with the thought that we may have evolved from monkeys. But I think students should be updated with the latest break throughs in science.

If you choose to believe in evolution, then we technically evolved from fish.

When I had Evolution in Biology last year, it honestly didn't make mefeel too uncomfortable (although I was alot more concentrated on sleeping than on the topic) but I agree with Storytime, that they should have to teach other religions if their going to teach evolution

Yeah, there has to be a balance. But Santa Dog has a point too.