• Advertisement

Another reason why Youtube is a sinking ship

Jane

2 hours ago, Clappy said:

*says YouTube is a sinking ship*

*posts a YouTube video explaining why it's a sinking ship*

Is this sarcastic? It definitely is a broken website and they seem to have no intention whatsoever of changing it. Stuff like this is just making it harder for creators in general to survive on the site.

Edited by Teamwork

2 hours ago, Teamwork said:

Is this sarcastic? It definitely is a broken website and they seem to have no intention whatsoever of changing it. Stuff like this is just making it harder for creators in general to survive on the site.

Kinda hypocritical to constantly be using YouTube videos for this instead of some kind of unaffiliated article...

Plus, you've made topics before being bitter about YouTube and making topics about it, and it's getting real old.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Teamwork said:

I'm not saying it isn't flawed.  I do feel sorry for those affected by copyright strikes.  It sucks.  But for everyone taking a stance about how unfair YouTube and are THAT affected by it and can't take it anymore, stop using the service.  Yeah instead of constantly complaining about how unfair a website is and saying they are done with it, use another service.  They can go upload their content onto Dailymotion or Vimeo or any other video service.  It's kinda hypocritical to use YouTube to constantly complain about YouTube being unfair.

Me on the other hand?  I don't have to worry about YouTube.  They don't do anything that affects me personally hence forth I honestly don't care.  I'll still use YouTube because it's what I've grown accustomed to.  No website is perfect, but I still enjoy YouTube because no other video streaming service is even close to them when it comes to what they provide.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Clappy said:

*says YouTube is a sinking ship*

*posts a YouTube video explaining why it's a sinking ship*

2 hours ago, Wumbo said:

every time i try to sleep at night doug walker stands in the corner of my room whispering "#wtfu" and i really wish he would stop

beautiful

I'm going to be completely, 100% honest. I am honestly divided on the whole issue with what is going on with Youtube right now. On one hand, the people who have been wronged by the site's crappy copyright system deserve justice, that much is obvious. If they had just sat in silence after their videos/channels got terminated, they wouldn't have gotten their videos/channels restored, nor would they have gotten a response from the Youtube team promising to change the copyright system.

http://www.tubefilter.com/2016/02/29/youtube-video-claiming-policy-update/

I'll add that simply moving to Vimeo or Dailymotion will not solve their problems, as Vimeo and Dailymotion also have their problems with unfairly terminating videos and channels.

But on the other hand...everything those people can do about this problem has already been done. We're not helping anyone by complaining about Youtube ourselves, and this is coming from a Youtube content creator.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CloudMistDragon

The reason I'm not joining in the #WTFU thing is because I don't feel like there's anything more that needs to be said. All I can do now is wait and see. And I don't care what I see, I'm going to keep creating videos on Youtube because I love the site and sharing my videos with others.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Metal Snake said:

beautiful

I'm going to be completely, 100% honest. I am honestly divided on the whole issue with what is going on with Youtube right now. On one hand, the people who have been wronged by the site's crappy copyright system deserve justice, that much is obvious. If they had just sat in silence after their videos/channels got terminated, they wouldn't have gotten their videos/channels restored, nor would they have gotten a response from the Youtube team promising to change the copyright system.

http://www.tubefilter.com/2016/02/29/youtube-video-claiming-policy-update/

I'll add that simply moving to Vimeo or Dailymotion will not solve their problems, as Vimeo and Dailymotion also have their problems with unfairly terminating videos and channels.

But on the other hand...everything those people can do about this problem has already been done. We're not helping anyone by complaining about Youtube ourselves, and this is coming from a Youtube content creator.

https://www.youtube.com/user/CloudMistDragon

The reason I'm not joining in the #WTFU thing is because I don't feel like there's anything more that needs to be said. All I can do now is wait and see. And I don't care what I see, I'm going to keep creating videos on Youtube because I love the site and sharing my videos with others.

The few YouTube creators that I've seen move their content to other video services have had next to no problems with copyright strikes or any other termination problems, so this is news to me.  But then again, I don't really follow that many creators to begin with.

Its not a sinking ship since millions of videos get uploaded everyday. Other alternatives such as Dailymotion or Vimeo don't even come close to Youtube's success. Sure Youtube has its problems relating to copyright and whatnot but its the best video site we can go to, since after all they have the most content out there despite all its flaws. There's many people who earn money doing videos also, telling them that the site is a sinking ship is simply telling them that their content is not worthy. They all demand something from Youtube since that's what keeps them afloat, Youtube (or should I say Google) is a business just like any other company, they have to benefit from revenue or else they'll become what you call a sinking ship.

I would love to see Youtube change its rules on copyright and content, but as long as they feel like no change is needed I doubt they'll change their way of thinking. Sure we could pressure Youtube to change some of its norms, like what happened with Google+ but I doubt it will accomplish anything in the short term.

• Like 1