• Advertisement

New Cashier Application 2016

Jjs Goodman

That title probably already has you scratching your head, doesn't it? Another mod application? Didn't we do one not that long ago? Isn't six staff members enough? Will Donald Trump become the next president? Why am I asking YOU all these questions? Mermaid Man, where are you?! 

There isn't really an easy way for me to say this, so I'll just come out and say it.

After much discussion between the staff, we have decided that CNF will need to take a break from his mod position soon. Now before you get all sad, this isn't out of spite, hatred, or such. It wasn't an easy decision for us either. CNF was a great mod, and he's not being coldly fired or anything like that. However, as some of you may have or have not noticed from his rare appearances, CNF doesn't have much time to go on SBC anymore. He is very busy with school and other things going on his life, and I'd hate for us to drag him down, so we felt it may be best to give him a break. I've talked it over with him, and he understands my perspective. Now, his removal won't be happening just yet. I want to hear more on his thoughts first. Regardless of what happens though, CNF won't be forever gone. We still welcome him back with open arms whenever he feels he can return. 

Until then however, I felt it was best to start a new mod application, as we will need someone to cover his position. Much like the last one, I am opening up an application to all users. Just simply send a PM to me and you will be given a list of questions to answer. However, if you sent in an app last time, do not simply copy and paste your old one. The questions this time will be different, and there's more than past ones. I'm going to say right now if you want the position, you better show it in your application, because the questions won't be simple "yes or no" answers, we would like you to go in-depth for them. They will also require you to answer multiple things, so we want to challenge you more with these questions. The apps will be judged by the main staff (me, hilaryfan80, JCM, tyeam, and Patty), along with some select retired staff.

You have until February 12th @ 4 PM to submit an application, so that is a good two weeks. Everyone can submit, so don't fear you won't have a chance because you're "too new", we will be looking at them all equally. Keep in mind only one will be chosen, but it doesn't hurt to try. If you didn't do that great on the last application, here's another chance to do better.

Some may be wondering why we don't just automatically promote someone, but we've found the app process allows us to evaluate users better and get to know people we may have overlooked.

Guest hilaryfan80
5 hours ago, Trophy said:

That should be "applicants". (smirk)

*waits for immediate disapproval*

Nope. (smirk) While true that the adjective form of "applications" is "applicant," the use of "applications" is acceptable in this case as "SBC mod applications" is the subject of the sentence. Likewise, you could replace "SBC mod applications" with "final exams" and the meme would be grammatically proper. In this case, replacing "final exams" with "exam finalists" or "final exam takers" would still not make any sense. Therefore, the proper use in this meme is "SBC mod applications" for the purpose of having a subject rather than a descriptive noun.

You really shouldn't argue with a future English teacher. :smirk:

4 minutes ago, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

Nope. (smirk) While true that the adjective form of "applications" is "applicant," the use of "applications" is acceptable in this case as "SBC mod applications" is the subject of the sentence. Likewise, you could replace "SBC mod applications" with "final exams" and the meme would be grammatically proper. In this case, replacing "final exams" with "exam finalists" or "final exam takers" would still not make any sense. Therefore, the proper use in this meme is "SBC mod applications" for the purpose of having a subject rather than a descriptive noun.

uawNs8M.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. Dr. Professor Patrick said:

*waits for disapproval this time for being a clueless dumbass like Omair on music*

23 minutes ago, E.V.I.L said:

uawNs8M.jpg

Like you haven't done worse. :P

1 minute ago, E.V.I.L said:

At least I admit it

I did though by waiting due to being an incompetent idiot who could really live life without going deeper in to what can be the messed up world of English Grammar. :P

Guest hilaryfan80
1 hour ago, Trophy said:

I did though by waiting due to being an incompetent idiot who could really live life without going deeper in to what can be the messed up world of English Grammar. :P

eh. There's a difference between prescriptive and descriptive grammar. Prescriptive grammar is the grammar that everyone is so afraid of: it's very strict and relies on historical contexts of words to determine what is proper grammar (in fact, my sentence phrase ended with a preposition, "of," and that is improper according to prescriptive grammar). The huge majority of English speakers speaks in descriptive grammar, the grammar of the common language, where "ain't" is a word and you can end a sentence with a preposition (e.g. "Where are you go to?").

Anyways, going back on topic: yay mod applications! :sbdance: