• Advertisement

Mystic Guardians

Jjs Goodman

51. Broodwing's Con

Broodwing is seen sitting on a throne in a dark area. In front of him was a hologram of Ramos.

"Broodwing, I want you to distract those brats. I am preparing the next stage of my genius plan, and don't want them interfering. I've come this far..." Ramos spoke.

"Of course, sire. It is time I welcomed them to my kingdom, and I know how..." Broodwing said, holding out his communicator.

The hologram ended, revealing it was coming out of an orange Slayer's eyes in front of him.

The heroes are seen in Pyrite Town meeting Van Gordon, outside a store.

"Hey dude, it's been a while. We've got a problem. Ramos came back and took over Central Karmania, was wondering if you'd like to help us." Nick offered to him.

"Yeah, we're gonna need all the allies possible...at least we think you're an ally." Jake said.

"Wait, did you not gets my warning before about Ramos?" Van Gordon asked confused.

"What warning?" Cynthia asked.

"I guess it did not go through...oh well. I found out Ramos had secret cave base hidden in algae field. For my help, here is map I made, perhaps will interest you..." Van Gordon said, handing them a map of his cave.

"Thanks, maybe we can see if Ramos or his goons are there." Madison said, looking at it.

"Best of luck, knight boys and mermaid girls." Van Gordon said.

"Please don't call us that ever again." Tori said.

The heroes are seen traveling across the desert plains, as the girls were in their mermaid forms floating above.

"Good thing I got super speed." Nick said, using his stone to make himself run faster.

"No fair..." Jake sighed.

They approached the cavern entrance, seeing it in the distance. Out front were two thugs on guard, one wearing a purple outfit, and the other wearing a yellow outfit.

"Uh...are you seeing what I'm seeing?" the yellow thug asked.

"Yeah. Looks like we got intru-" the purple thug was saying when Madison sent heart blasts at both, knocking them down.

"Duh..." the yellow thug groaned, knocked out.

"Wow, Ramos really downgraded his defenses." Tori said.

They broke open the metal doors, and explored the caves. However, nobody else appeared to be there. All of the algae equipment was no longer in use.

"Where is everyone?" Audrey asked.

"Looks abandoned..." Cameron said, looking around at the equipment.

Nick waved his fin in the air, analyzing the area with the aura.

"I'm sensing several presences here, it's not entirely abandoned...oh wait, those presences might be us." Nick said.

"If nobody else is here, then why were there two guards?" Zero wondered.

"Someone has to be here." Jake said, looking around.

He saw a green thug hiding in the shadows.

"Who is that? Hey you!" Jake wondered, yelling to the thug.

The heroes looked, as the green thug ran out of hiding in the other direction.

"Get him!" Jake said, as they gave chase.

Cynthia made a rock fall down, but the thug dodged, and ran down a passage. The thug charged into another room, as the heroes also entered. They were surrounded by thugs in different color outfits, confusing the heroes.

"Well well well boss, look who dropped in." a blue thug said to a figure.

"Who are you?" Madison asked.

"Hola amigos...it has been a while." Red said, showing himself before them, surprising the heroes, especially Jake.

"Oh, this guy..." Cynthia said.

"You...what are you doing here? I thought you were in jail?" Jake asked annoyed, holding out his sword.

"Silly Jacob, escaping jail is one of my talents by now. You need to know people on the outside..." Red said.

Red has a flashback showing him in his jail cell. While sleeping at night, Broodwing is seen approaching the cell. He opens it, making Red wake up.

"How did you get in here?" Red asked, as the guards were seen sleeping on the ground. Broodwing held out a device.

"I just made the guards have a little nap. Come with me." Broodwing said, as Red walked out while Blyde was sleeping. Broodwing closed the cell behind, as he and Red escaped, ending the flashback.

"Where is Ramos?" Zero asked.

"He stopped using this place, so he let me and my new crew take it. Pretty sweet place, huh?" Red bragged.

"Not really, you're going back to jail." Jake said.

"That will not happen. Amigos, dispose of these intrusos." Red ordered.

All of the thugs pulled out crowbars or other objects, and began to attack the heroes.

"Whoa, mermaids-" an orange thug was saying, when Tori sent them blasting into the wall with a water blast.

Madison sent two more thugs flying with electric blasts, Cynthia trapped a blue thug in rock, Audrey sent thugs flying with a wind gust, and Tori sent some blasting off with water pulses. Jake clashed his sword with a thug's crowbar, and pushed them down. Zero sent stun blasts at some thugs, knocking them unconscious. Cameron knocked some out, as did Nick. All of Red's thugs were defeated. Upon seeing this, he clapped.

"Impressive. Guess you came to save your mole friend..." Red said, confusing the heroes.

Diggy is shown tied in rope to several crates.

"Hey guys." Diggy said awkwardly.

"Uh...we didn't even know he was here, at all..." Jake said.

"Yeah, we just came here because we thought Ramos was still using this cave." Madison said.

"And why is Diggy here?" Cynthia asked.

"Do not ask me, chica. Broodwing told me to hold onto him. But he is yours now." Red said.

"Wait, really? That's kind of easy..." Audrey was saying.

The heroes shrugged, as Jake cut open Diggy's ropes. 

"Thank you so much, I knew you'd come to save me!" Diggy said.

"You're...welcome, but we didn't even know you were here." Cameron replied.

Jake looked around to see Red was gone.

"And he's gone yet again." Jake sighed.

"What a weirdo." Cynthia said.

"So how did you end up here?" Nick asked to Diggy.

"Uh...well, you see, I was minding my own business at Diggy's Place, when these wild animals robbed me! I gave chase, but I got knocked out, and I was brought here, to the other side, somehow..." Diggy said oddly.

"That's totally not vague." Tori said sarcastically.

"But while they kept me here, I overheard some...valuable information. They mentioned there being a hidden area under Pyrite Town called "The Under", where Broodwing and his criminal friends reside. Apparently several of your rebel friends are being kept there. Perhaps that red bandit made his way there..." Diggy said.

"Then we'll go there, to save the rebels, and put Red back in jail." Jake said.

"You really don't like that guy." Tori said.

"Sorry, I really don't. He was a jerk to Madison and I during our childhood. Also, we don't need another enemy running around right now." Jake said.

"That's true, Ramos and his circus is enough to deal with. If rebels are being held hostage there, we should rescue them." Madison said.

"Do you even actually know where this place is, Diggy?" Cameron asked.

"I think so, they mentioned it being hidden in an old warehouse." Diggy said.

"I am curious as to why the Federation would leave rebels with a bunch of criminals in our world." Zero pondered.

"Who knows, they are really unpredictable lately." Diggy said.

"Guess they want them being held in places we won't expect." Cameron said.

"How about you come with us, just so you're safe?" Madison offered to Diggy.

"Uh...fine, fine." Diggy replied.

"Just stay hidden so nobody sees you." Jake ordered.

"Will do, captain!" Diggy said, saluting.

The heroes are seen back to normal, exploring Pyrite Town, while Diggy was wearing a disguise. 

"Here's an old warehouse, is this it?" Nick asked, looking at the old wooden warehouse.

"I dunno, they didn't specify, but it could be!" Diggy replied, as the heroes headed in, and Diggy quickly followed.

Madison used the heart as a light source, guiding them through the dark warehouse. 

"Wait...do you guys hear that?" Audrey asked, hearing a noise.

"Yeah, it sounds like...an elevator." Jake said.

A wall nearby is seen opening up, to show an orange thug exiting a secret elevator. They were confused upon seeing the heroes and Diggy.

"Uh...surprise!" Nick said, smiling.

"Who the heck are-" the thug was asking, when Diggy knocked them in the back of the head with a pipe. They fell to the ground unconscious.

"Duh..." the thug groaned.

"Haha, see, I knocked that sucker unconscious!" Diggy said, throwing the pipe, as Zero dodged it, and it went smashing into a wall.

"Yeah, that's cool, I guess, thanks." Tori said.

"Alrighty then, so I guess this secret elevator leads to The Under. Ready to go?" Madison asked, as Diggy and the heroes nodded.

They entered the elevator platform.

"Wow, it's cramped in here. Good thing I'm not claustrophobic...or am I?" Nick wondered.

Zero hit the only button on the wall, as the wall sealed up in front. The elevator platform headed downward.

"Jeez, it's dark..." Audrey said, trying to look down below.

The platform finally reached the bottom, as they got out. They walked onto concrete ground, and looked around at the criminal underworld. There are small shady buildings around, and some thugs resembling Red's crew walked around. A large neon sign saying "WELCOME TO THE UNDER" in front of them. A thug was walking by in the distance, when a female thug kicked them in the foot, and took their wallet.

"Hey, that's mine!" the thug said, as the female thug laughed and ran off.

"Yup, this is definitely the place." Jake said.

"Be careful, anyone here could be an enemy." Cameron warned.

"Don't worry, none of them are robbing anything of mine." Cynthia said, as the gang carefully walked around.

"A town ruled by criminals. This is reminding me of Algaeton Heights..." Madison sighed.

"Ooh, this place has some nice watches." Nick said, looking through a shop window at their watches.

"I wouldn't buy those, especially from this place." Tori said.

"Aw...maybe later." Nick said to the watches, walking off.

A large television screen is seen on top of a hotel building. It turns on to show Broodwing's face.

"Hello citizens of The Under, it is I, your king. I have some unfortunate news. It appears we have some...spies right here in our midst. Keep a close eye out for anyone who doesn't fit in. Broodwing out." Broodwing's voice echoed through The Under, as the television went blank again.

"He already knows we're here?" Cynthia asked surprised.

"I guess Red told him." Jake pondered.

"Probably. Let's lay low then." Madison replied.

"Spies!? Now who could those be..." a green thug wondered, walking around.

"Maybe you're a spy!" a female criminal said, ganging up on a thug with some other residents.

"It's not me, I swear! It must be one of you!" the thug said.

"Maybe I'm the spy, and I don't even know it!" another resident panicked, running around in circles.

"I don't like your look, you might be a spy. Let's fight!" one resident said to another, as they began fighting, and a crowd cheered.

"...On second thought, I think we won't have to worry for a bit." Madison said, after hearing them.

The heroes and Diggy just kept exploring the area, when they overheard two residents outside of a store.

"I hear Broodwing has some other spies held captive in his palace, these new spies must've come for them..." one of them was saying.

"I bet they did, I bet they did!" the other replied.

"Hello there good sirs, do you know where Broodwing's palace is? We have an important delivery for him." Nick improvised, asking the two.

"His palace is up over yonder past that bridge..." a resident said, pointing north to a creepy, black and red building in the distance.

"Yup, that looks like it. Thanks for your help." Jake said.

"Hey...what is your important delivery?" the other resident asked.

"He needs uh...new machinery." Madison improvised.

"I don't believe you...hey, you might all be the spies!" the resident said.

"Yeah, we're telling on you!" the other resident said.

They were about to alert the other residents, but Tori used her mind powers on them.

"We're the spies, we're the spies, turn yourselves in." Tori spoke through their minds.

"We're the spies..." both spoke, as they walked off.

"That's a fancy power you got..." Diggy said, impressed.

"Good thinking, I was about to knock both of them out. This will spare us time." Jake said.

"WE'RE THE SPIES, WE CONFESS!" both yelled to a crowd of residents.

Both are seen being beaten up by the crowd, begging for mercy. The heroes whistled and kept walking. Nick looked inside another building window to see residents gambling at a poker table.

"Ooh, gambling here too, eh? Too bad I'm bad at cards..." Nick sighed, as they made their way to the bridge.

Two orange Slayers were seen in front of the bridge, holding staffs. 

"Halt. Nobody is permitted past this area unless you have permission from King Broodwing himself." one spoke.

Madison sent out electricity sparks from both her hands at them, and she took control.

"Allow us past, please." Madison said.

"Yes, of course." both spoke, moving aside.

"You girls sure have some cool powers." Diggy said, as they walked over the bridge, looking at the abyss below.

"Yeah, they're pretty cool." Audrey said, turning invisible, and re-appeared.

"Wow, would suck if someone fell down there." Cynthia said, looking at the abyss below.

They made their way closer to the palace, when four green Slayers fell down, surrounding them.

"Guardians and knights detected. Must terminate." one spoke, analyzing them, and all four fired lasers at once.

"I guess my machine control won't work on them this time." Madison said, as she held out the heart, making the girls transform.

"Get to safety!" Jake said to Diggy, as the knights powered up.

"Already ahead of you!" Diggy said, hiding behind a rock.

Jake jumped up and sliced the head of a green Slayer off, and kicked the rest of its body away. It malfunctioned, as the wings made the rest of the body go flying off of the bridge, plummeting into the abyss. Audrey and Tori sent a combined ice beam at one, breaking off its wings, and smashing to the ground. Zero quickly jammed his sword through it, disabling it. Madison sent an electricity blast at one's wings, and Cynthia sent a rock hurling at it, sending it plummeting into the abyss off of the bridge.

"Looks like someone fell down faster than I expected." Cynthia said.

Jake and Zero destroyed the last green Slayer, as Diggy came out of hiding.

"Great work guys, let's keep going!" Diggy said, rushing off.

"Slow down there eager beaver, we don't want to attract more attention." Jake said.

"I think it'd be "eager mole"." Audrey corrected.

"Sorry, my bad, just makes me so excited to be working with you guys on a mission." Diggy said.

"Don't get too excited." Tori said, as they kept walking toward the palace.

They looked around a corner, seeing two thugs guarding the entrance, holding crowbars.

"Be on extra lookout, I hear spies are lurking..." one of the thugs said.

"Peekaboo." Audrey said behind them, invisible.

Both turned around, swinging their crowbars at each other's heads, and they fell to the ground unconscious.

"Duh..." both groaned.

"That went a lot easier than I expected it to." Audrey said, making herself visible again.

"I really wonder why our enemies keep hiring such incompetent guards." Nick pondered.

"Guess they don't get many applicants." Tori replied, as they headed into the palace.

Upon entering inside, two blue Slayers were patrolling around, and both spotted the gang. Jake immediately sliced his sword through one, and Zero electrocuted the other with his sword. 

"You guys were really quick on the draw there." Diggy said.

"Yeah, that's what happens when you train for this stuff." Jake said.

"Plus, we've dealt with them a million times before, we know how to get rid of them by now." Madison added.

They looked around inside the eerie palace, seeing paintings of Broodwing on the walls. One included him with Ramos, both smiling. Another painting had him gambling with The Under residents at a poker table. There were also statues of Broodwing at the entrance.

"Wow, someone's pretentious." Cynthia said.

"At least he's got some class." Jake said.

"Alright, now which way do we go?" Audrey asked, as they noticed there were three hallway options to explore from the foyer.

"Perhaps it's time we brought back the A and B teams. I am not a fan of splitting up, but I think they would be beneficial here." Zero suggested.

"Sure, why not." Jake said.

"Which team am I on?" Diggy asked.

"Uh...I guess you can come with us." Cameron said.

"Yay!" Diggy cheered.

"Good luck." Madison said to the B team.

"If you find anything, keep in touch." Zero said to Jake and Cameron.

Jake, Madison, Cameron, Cynthia and Diggy went through the north hallway, while Zero, Audrey, Nick and Tori went through the east hallway. 

"Boy, this place gives me the creeps..." Diggy said, as they ventured through the eerie hallway.

"That makes two of us." Cynthia said, as they reached a large gray door with a symbol resembling Broodwing on it.

They peeked in carefully, seeing a large, dark and empty room. In the center of it however were three rebels on the ground.

"There's the rebels!" Jake said, as they carefully headed in. Diggy stood near the entrance, as the others walked toward the rebels.

Meanwhile, the B team is seen exploring the eastern hallway. They reached the end, and heard noises from the other side of the door. They carefully opened it, to see a large factory room. Tons of fish resembling the slaves Ramos used for his algae production were seen making Slayer robots, as they went across a conveyer belt.

"So this is where these annoying things come from." Tori said.

"Those poor fish, it doesn't seem like they even want to be here..." Audrey said, noticing how miserable the workers were.

"Maybe I can shut down the production." Zero said, as he snuck around in the room. 

He input a device into a machine, and hacked into it. The machine began to act odd, and smoked. It shut down, as the conveyer belts stopped moving, confusing the workers.

"It stopped...we're free!" one fish said, as the workers cheered.

"The professor here broke the machine for you." Tori said.

"Specifically, I overloaded the machine, shutting down the production lines in this factory." Zero explained.

"Thank you so much, whoever you strangers are. We are a bunch of Pyrite citizens who were mining through the caves, when one day, we were taken hostage by King Ramos, who has gone insane. He forced us to make algae for him, and after he was done with that, he gave us to Broodwing to make his stupid robots." an octopus worker explained.

"What was he making algae for?" Audrey asked.

"We're not sure, but we're free, thanks to you four! Are you girls mermaids?" an eel worker asked.

"I guess you could say that, now c'mon, let's get you out of here." Tori said.

"We'll take care of ourselves, besides, we know a secret way out." the octopus said.

"Good luck." Audrey said, as the workers escaped.

Back at the A team's progress, the four carefully approached the rebels.

"Hey guys, wake up. We're here to rescue you..." Madison said to them, as she tapped one.

Upon doing that, all three vanished in static, revealing they were holograms. 

"What the..." Jake was saying, when sparks rose up from the ground.

Jake and Cameron jumped out of the way, as a plasma bubble rose up, trapping Madison and Cynthia inside of it.

"Huh? Let us out!" Cynthia said angrily.

Cynthia and Madison attacked the bubble with their powers, but nothing happened. Jake and Cameron struck at it with their swords, but it was no use. A black Slayer stepped out of the shadows, revealing it made the hologram with its eyes. Jake and Cameron quickly destroyed it.

"Diggy, help them!" Cameron said to him, as he stood by the entrance.

"I...can't do that." Diggy said ominously.

"What's going on?" Madison asked, when a light lit up at the top of the room...

"Ah ha ha...ha ha ha...HAHAHAHA...AHAHAHAHA!" Broodwing laughed diabolically, as all four looked up, seeing him on a throne shaped like him. The glass tube around his head was off, and is seen on the ground by his throne.

"Broodwing." Jake said.

"Finally, the guardians and knights are mine!" Broodwing said, moving his face out of the shadows.

"You mean ours, Broodwing. Don't leave ol' Red out of the deal." Red said, stepping out of the shadows, and stood near Diggy.

"You did well, Red...and Diggy." Broodwing said, as the heroes looked at Diggy.

"Diggy, how could you?" Madison asked, annoyed.

Red laughed, as several green Slayers flew down in front of Jake and Cameron.

"FOOLS, you fell right into my trap!" Broodwing bragged.

"Diggy, why did you betray us?" Jake asked to him.

"Idiots, he has been betraying you for ages now! He was the one who gave Ramos the Dimensional Accelerator, and has been helping me in private for a while." Broodwing revealed.

"That's why whenever we're with him, something bad happens! He's been setting us up!" Cynthia said.

"Look guys, it's nothing personal, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to live in these times." Diggy said awkwardly.

"Man, you're a selfish jerk." Jake said, looking at him angrily.

Zero, Nick, Tori and Audrey raced into the room, confused by the commotion.

"Did we come at the right time? We heard some loud, sinister laughing from this direction." Nick said.

"Yeah, you came at the right time. Nick and Zero, try freeing Madison and Cynthia, we'll handle them!" Jake said, using his stone to protect himself from one's laser blast.

"Also, it turns out Diggy betrayed us." Cameron told the four.

"For some reason, I'm not surprised." Tori said, shooting water blasts at a green Slayer, but it shot a laser beam through them.

"Wait, I thought Diggy was being held hostage by Red?" Audrey asked.

"I pretended my crew held him hostage. Diggy was sent to spy on you earlier, and he overheard you talking about heading to Pyrite Town. From there is how this whole plan turned out." Red explained, as Jake attacked him, but Red dodged his attacks.

"Wow dude, that's not cool." Nick said, looking at Diggy, and attacked an orange Slayer, as he headed to the plasma bubble cage with Zero.

"I never cared about helping any of you, I just did what was best for me! Sorry suckers, but I'm going to be rich for doing this!" Diggy said, on the sidelines.

A machine piece was on top of the plasma bubble, as Zero was about to attack it. However, a green Slayer flew down and whacked him aside.

"These are going to get annoying..." Zero sighed, getting back up.

Jake kept attacking Red, but he was too fast.

"You have become too lento Jacob! If only you had joined me, we would not be on opposing sides like this-" Red was rambling, when Jake tripped him, and knocked him aside. "Alright, you got me there...BUT THINK FAST!"

A Driller Slayer appeared from beyond, knocking Jake aside. He went sliding across the floor, as he nearly slid into a hole with metal blades around it. He got up, and attacked the Driller.

"We haven't seen one of those in a while...not that I want to." Audrey said.

Audrey and Tori sent an ice beam at a green Slayer, freezing its wings. They sent it smashing into the wall, as Broodwing kept watching. He then tossed another Driller ball from his hand, forming another Driller Slayer. It turned into a drill, and went flying through the air, knocking both Tori and Audrey next to the plasma bubble. Plasma nets were fired at both from an orange Slayer's hand, trapping them.

"I don't remember them doing this." Audrey said.

"I upgraded my robots since you destroyed my army!" Broodwing said from above.

"Great." Tori said.

Zero, Nick, Jake, and Cameron bashed their way through Slayers, making their way to the girls. However, the two Drillers got in the way, and sent powerful lasers at the four, as Jake shined his red stone's shield, blocking one. Green Slayers flew from behind, grabbing the four, and flying into the air.

"Let us go!" Jake demanded, slicing at one.

They tried to break free, but were dropped into the hole below, as they went falling into it, and yelled.

"Now they will deal with my pet Scorpadroid. Nothing survives it!" Broodwing said, laughing.

"That doesn't sound good..." Audrey said, still struggling to break free.

"Haha, the Scorpadroid will eat them. They'll all be dead soon." Red said, as Diggy looked at the hole, and the girls were nervous.

"Part of me wants to feel bad...but eh, there's no point in worrying over such minor things." Diggy said.

"Wow, and people thought I'm a jerk." Cynthia said to Diggy.

"Let's celebrate like kings!" Broodwing said, as two green Slayers delivered drinks to Diggy and Red. Broodwing drank from a golden cup.

"Gracias." Red said, drinking from it.

"Eh, I'm not a fan of this world's drinks." Diggy said, tossing it aside.

"Today, Broodwing wins! YES, GO BROODWING GO, GO BROODWING GO, YES, GO BROODWING GO!" Broodwing bragged, feeling tipsy.

"Alright Broodwing, time to discuss our plans. How much do you plan to give me?" Diggy asked.

"I dunno...what currency do you want?" Broodwing asked, burping.

"Doubloons, Kesos, gold...I'll take all of whatever you have!" Diggy said.

"I still can't believe him." Tori sighed.

"You were the most important variable in this plan, so I'll give you it at all, buddy!" Broodwing said too happily, as him and Diggy laughed.

"Hey there, who was the one that gave the mole to them in the first place? Red! Who set up the fake holograms? Red! Who helped with the attack? Red!" Red bragged.

"ALRIGHT ALREADY, WE GET IT!" Broodwing interrupted.

"Just saying!" Red pointed out.

"There has to be a way out. I hope they're okay..." Madison said, looking at the hole.

The knights are seen landing at the bottom of the pit. There is scraps of machinery everywhere, and other objects. 

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Cameron said, getting his sword ready.

Two giant metal claws rise out of the shadows, as they snapped at the knights, who fell back. The Scorpadroid shows itself, as it roared. It was a large, mechanical scorpion with light blue eyes. 

"Can this day get any worse?" Jake wondered.

It opened its claws, and fired lasers from them, as they deflected the lasers with their swords. Jake threw a smoke bomb at its eyes, blinding the Scorpadroid. It flailed around angrily.

"Nick, can you use your stone to jump out of here?" Cameron wondered, as they looked above.

"Sorry bud, I don't think even this stone can make me jump that high." Nick said, as he gave it a try, but he barely made it halfway, and landed back down. "Told you."

Zero kept looking, and saw a metal tube hanging above.

"Cameron, fire at that tube. If I calculated correctly, the trajectory will make that tube fall down, and we can climb up on it." Zero said.

Cameron quickly fired, as the tube went sliding down. However, the Scorpadroid recovered its vision, and charged at the four. Jake stabbed his sword into its right glass eye, as it roared. The four knights then jumped on top of it, and attacked its head, as it flailed around. They all jumped at once, and grabbed onto the metal tube. The Scorpadroid fired lasers from its claws, as they climbed.

"Ahh, it feels great to breathe the abyss water without that stupid tube. This is how you celebrate a victory!" Broodwing rambled, still sounding tipsy, and he kept drinking from the gold cup.

Cynthia looked at Red, and had an idea. She concentrated on his gold cup, and levitated it out of his hands. She tossed it right at Broodwing's head, as he dropped his cup. Broodwing was irritated, as he looked at Red empty-handed.

"Uh...hold on there amigo, it wasn't me!" Red pleaded.

"YOU ARROGANT FOOL!" Broodwing yelled, and flew down to the ground.

He began punching Red, as the two got into a childish fight.

"I guess it's a start." Cynthia said.

"Can't you use your electric powers to disable the thing on top of the prison?" Audrey asked to Madison.

"I tried, but it's no use since we're inside of it." Madison replied.

As Broodwing and Red kept tussling, Diggy thought to himself.

"Such senseless violence. Sorry girlies, but Ramos is in control again, and I want to be a powerful, rich figure in the new order! I'll expand Diggy's Place across every kingdom! Nothing can go wrong!" Diggy bragged.

In the Central Karmania slums, it is stormy outside. Rain pours down, and lightning strikes. A lightning bolt goes striking at an antennae on top of Diggy's trailer, and it turns into ash. The rest of his hangout spot is destroyed by the heavy winds. Diggy gets a concerned feeling.

"That's odd...I get the feeling something bad just happened to my baby! Can I go!?" Diggy asked nervously, but Broodwing didn't hear him, as he and Red kept fighting.

"I'm telling you hermano, it was not me!" Red said, pushing Broodwing back.

The knights are seen crawling out of the hole, surprising the girls. They snuck past Broodwing and Red, who were still fighting. Jake slashed his sword at the device on top of the bubble, freeing Madison and Cynthia. Zero and Nick freed Audrey and Tori from the nets. 

"Uh...guys, they got out!" Diggy said, as Broodwing and Red stopped fighting.

"WHAT!? Slayers, destroy them!" Broodwing ordered, as the Slayers attacked. 

Madison sent an electricity bolt right at a Driller's chest, making it explode. Audrey and Tori sent an ice wave at a black Slayer and two blue ones, freezing them solid. Jake, Zero, Nick and Cameron attacked the green Slayers, and Madison sent electricity attacks that made them explode. Cynthia sent rocks flying at the other Driller, but it broke through them. As it was distracted from those, Madison sent an electricity ball at its chest, making it explode as well.

"That's all of those things, let's get out of here!" Cynthia said.

"I analyzed the area, and I've found a secret exit. It must be the same one the workers used." Zero said.

"Gah, no, stop them!" Broodwing said, as he knocked Cameron and Zero aside with his wings. 

Broodwing kept attacking the heroes, evading the elemental attacks. As he flew up, Madison quickly sent Slayer debris at him, knocking him down.

"Bwah!" Broodwing yelled, trying to get the debris off.

As they headed for the exit, Red got in their way.

"Heh, I'm gonna enjoy this." Red said, about to fight, cracking his knuckles.

"I don't think you will, actually." Cynthia said, as she sent a statue of Broodwing flying at Red, knocking him into Diggy. 

"Let's go!" Cameron said, as they kept running.

Red got up annoyed, and Jake pushed him aside, as he went sliding with Diggy near the Scorpadroid hole. Jake kept running, as they headed out of the throne room. Red and Diggy tried to get out of the hole's range, but the Scorpadroid's tail grabbed both of them.

"Oh no..." Diggy said.

"AAAHHH!!!" both yelled, as they were dragged into the hole by the tail, all the way to the bottom.

The Scorpadroid lets out a loud burp.

The heroes are seen exiting the castle, as green Slayers flew after, firing lasers.

"This way!" Zero said, as they headed for the secret exit. 

"Hey guys, over here!" a worker waved from a corner.

The heroes fired attacks back at the green Slayers, as smoke got in their view. They headed around the corner, and headed up a ramp with the worker. It led them out to the Pyrite Town deserts from a secret entrance.

"Thanks for the help, guy." Tori said.

"No, we should thank you for saving us. I'll meet up with the rest, farewell." the worker said, running off.

They saw Pyrite Town in the distance.

"Finally, we're out of there." Audrey said.

As they were ready to power down, the Scorpadroid went bursting out of the sand. Broodwing is on top of it, wearing his glass tube again.

"You will not escape!" Broodwing said, as the Scorpadroid shot its tail at them.

The girls threw all their attacks at the Scorpadroid. Audrey's gust sent sand at its left eye, and since the right eye was still broken, it flailed around due to its vision. 

"Hold still!" Broodwing ordered to the Scorpadroid, as it suffered more attacks from the heroes.

Zero and Madison sent electric attacks at it, as it began to spark. It fired lasers from its claws out of control everywhere, and shot its tail at the knights, but they barely avoided it, as it smashed into the sand. 

"I'll take care of Broodwing!" Jake said.

"Are you sure?" Cameron asked, avoiding the metal tail.

"Yeah, just take care of that thing!" Jake said, as he jumped on top, confronting Broodwing.

"You are a fool!" Broodwing said, as he punched Jake, but Jake used his stone's shield, blocking the attacks. "What!?"

Jake and Broodwing kept fighting, as Broodwing grabbed him, and flung him off the Scorpadroid. Jake got up from the sand, as Broodwing landed down, attacking him. The heroes dealt with the Scorpadroid. Cynthia sent rocks flying at it, but it just bursted through them. Madison sent another bolt at it that distracted it. Zero quickly jabbed his sword into the broken right eye, and let out an electric spark through its body. The Scorpadroid malfunctioned, and shut down in its tracks.

"No, my pet!" Broodwing yelled, as he knocked Jake down into the sand.

Jake got up angrily, and punched Broodwing's tube head. He punched it so hard however, that it went flying off of his body, landing into the sand. In its place was a small robot head, shocking Jake and the heroes.

"...Yikes." Cynthia said.

"Uh...that was not my intent." Jake said, weirded out.

"I-I'LL D-D-DESTROY YOU-YOU-YOU G-GUARDIANS AND KNIGHTS, I'LL DESTROY Y-Y-YOU ALL-L!" Broodwing's robot body spoke, as Jake slashed his sword at it, and it fell into the sand. 

"NO FAIR NO FAIR NO FAIR!" Broodwing's robot tube head spoke, as it grew robotic spider legs, and crawled off. 

The heroes powered down, exhausted.

"Alright...I'm presuming that was a robot decoy...at least I hope it was." Zero said, concerned.

"Why were you so determined today?" Tori asked to Jake.

"I guess stopping Red made me over-determined to win, although Diggy betraying us didn't help much either. But I feel better now." Jake said.

"Yeah, that still wasn't cool. Though I'll be honest and say I always was suspicious of him..." Nick said.

"Eh, whatever. His loss." Madison said, as they walked off.

They are later seen arriving back in front of Ranen's dojo.

"You got here back quicker than I expected." Ranen said.

"We didn't feel like walking all the way back here, so we just went to Karmania, and opened a portal back near here. It made things easier." Cynthia said.

"How did your trip go?" Ranen asked.

"Well we got help from Van Gordon, but...one thing led to another, and things got a lot crazier." Madison said.

"Basically, we found out there's a criminal town under Pyrite Town, so that's a thing." Tori said.

"Also, Diggy betrayed us." Audrey said.

"For some reason that does not surprise me. I trust you are all alright." Ranen said.

"Yeah, we're fine." Jake replied.

"Get good rest tonight, we have work to do. It won't be easy, but we can win." Ranen said.

"Nick, where did you get that watch?" Zero asked, seeing it on his wrist.

"Oh, I couldn't resist, so I bought one when you guys weren't looking from that store. It looks nice." Nick said.

"That's your opinion." Tori said, as the girls walked off.

"But it's a nice watch, right doc? Jake?" Nick asked.

"Sure Nick, sure." Jake and Zero both replied.

Notes/Trivia

-Area Debuts: The Under

-It is revealed Broodwing helped Red escape from jail at the end of "Red".

-Third time the A and B team are mentioned (the first being "Teamwork" and the second being "Smasher Returns").

-The Driller Slayer is used again (from "Warrior").

-Broodwing needs the glass tube around his head to breathe abyss water. (similar to a real Batfish)

-Third episode of Season 2 where Valina doesn't appear at all.

Edited by Pat Monahan
  • Like 3

Love how Red returned in the pre-season finale episode for Season 2, just like how he debuted in the pre-season finale episode for Season 1. I liked the stealth element of the episode and the fight scenes (of course), but my favorite part of the episode was definitely Diggy's divine retribution. I honestly laughed at the part where he was boasting about having his own kingdom and then right after saying that, his hangout got destroyed.

• Like 2

Season finale time. (Warning: Long chapter)

52. Legal Trap

Ramos cheerfully walks around the throne room.

"Today is the big day, Karmania will be mine! After we get rid of the guardians, I'll be rich thanks to the money I'm making from the algae! It's all thanks to staffy here!" Ramos said, holding his staff by the skeleton arm, as the soldiers look at him oddly.

"An egg didn't hatch. I must've put it somewhere important to the rebel scum." Gride said, approaching Ramos.

"Find it, since you placed the eggs. Come Skipper, we have things to discuss." Ramos ordered to Skipper, as he left both staffs on the throne chair, and they head into the hallway.

"I'm surprised you're making Gride find it alone." Skipper pointed out.

"Heh...between you and me, Skipper buddy old pal, Gride's not gonna be around for long..." Ramos said, laughing.

"What do you mean?" Skipper asked.

"I'm using him as bait. Wherever the egg didn't hatch, it must've been near the rebel's main base. He will hopefully discover it, and we storm in after they get rid of him. He is expandable, much like most of the idiots here. That's what the staff told me. Anyways, I'm in the mood for victory tea! Get to it!" Ramos ordered.

"Yes, your majesty..." Skipper said, walking off.

Gride walks out of the shadows, who hid behind a statue after overhearing the conversation.

"Trying to get rid of me, Ramos? We'll see who survives...and who doesn't." Gride said, as his right eye shined.

Gride walks back to the throne room, looking at both staffs. He stares at the green gem, which glows ominously. He rips the gems out of both staffs, holding them.

"I'll find the base, but I'll take his power to be safe." Gride said, laughing, and walked away.

Inside the blue gem, Elana and the previous guardians attack Valina. Mai suddenly floated in-between them and Valina, stopping both sides.

"Everyone, enough. This fighting will get us nowhere. Now the dragon guy has this gem's power. In order to escape, we must work in harmony." Mai said to everyone.

"That's not particularly easy to do with her." Peyton said.

"No, she has a point. If we keep attacking her, it won't help us escape." Briar said.

"We'll all have to put our differences aside." Mai's doppel said.

"...I guess you're right, but I still hate her for trapping us here." Elana said, joining hands.

"No hate, it'll..." Mai is saying.

"...cloud your judgment." Mai's doppel continued.

"Hey, don't steal my lines." Mai replied.

"We know each other's thoughts because we're in harmony." Mai's doppel replied.

"That's cool." Cassidy said.

They form a circle by joining hands, but Valina is off to the side.

"Are you joining, Val?" Cassidy asked.

"Fine, I'll try. I won't let Ramos harm my son." Valina said, as she hesitantly joined hands.

"Is that the only reason? Put aside this sorceress stuff and live a normal life again." Mai said, as Valina had a bitter look.

Ramos holds a cup of tea, walking back to his throne, and drops it upon seeing both stones are gone from the staffs. He looks at the empty slots.

"WHAT!? Where are the stones!? ...GRIDE! That fool may have ruined everything! I knew I can't trust dragons!" Ramos realized angrily.

"A soldier reported seeing Gride headed towards the Silent Hills." a soldier said, showing Ramos a map, which is where the Underground City is.

"That's where we go, that dragon has mah stones! Any friend who steals a muffin is not a real friend at all!" Ramos declared.

Skipper and the guards looked at him oddly.

"...What? Sir, are you alright?" a soldier asked.

"I didn't even know someone stole a muffin!" one of the two stupid guards said.

"...Huh, that's not what I wanted to say...never mind, let's go!" Ramos ordered strangely, and wondered to himself, "Am I okay?"

The heroes are at Ranen's dojo, and it's snowing outside.

"Lovely weather." Madison said, looking out a window.

"Forget the snow, how do we get the staffs away from Ramos?" Tori asked.

"And destroy them?" Cynthia added.

"Even if we get them, we can't destroy them right away, my grandmother and the others are still inside of Valina's." Audrey pointed out.

"Remember that you may not have to always rely on the main powers alone, something unexpected can help. In the meantime, gather the allies." Ranen said, as the heroes agreed.

Gride is seen walking around near the Underground City entrance, and looked at the Silent Hills. He notices small remains of the Octazilla egg, touching them with his claw. He looks at the mountain wall, and inspects it closer with his eyes.

"Of course." Gride said.

He swung the sword, sending a magical slash at the wall. He sent more, cracking open the entrance. From below, rebels heard the tremors above, concerning them. Gride exploded open the entrance with the sword, and made the ground crack, which opened up. He flew in, landing in the Underground City, in front of rebels. They opened fire, but Gride turns them to stone.

"At last, I've found the rebellion's central base!" Gride yelled, letting out magical sword slashes at more soldiers.

The heroes are at the Sky Kingdom with Ranen, Flinn, Trent, and Van Gordon. 

"Do you wish to help us?" Zero asked the Council.

"I'm not a fighter, but I'll do what I can." Cesare replied.

"Yes. We can't let the evil spread to all kingdoms, and Briar must be saved." Luna replied.

"Sure, I got nothing better to do." Tom replied.

"That's all our allies, isn't it? I guess there's Deckel too, but we don't know where he is." Nick pondered.

"This is it. Not sure how our odds look." Tori replied.

"Just because Ramos has more on his side doesn't make him better. He believes having two magical items makes him unstoppable, but it makes him blind." Cameron said.

"Cameron's right, you beat him before, and can do it again. I hope my mom can go back to normal." Trent said.

"We'll do what we can." Jake replied.

"Aye, let's show that crazy king." Flinn said.

"I received a report that the Underground City is under attack." Ranen said nervously, listening to a communicator.

"How was it found?" Zero asked.

"I don't know, but we're going." Madison said.

"This is bad, but it gives me an idea. While they attack there, maybe some of us can reclaim Elana's castle? His army won't see it coming, and we can rescue allies held there." Cameron suggested.

"That could work. Knights and Gordon, go to the castle. I'll go with the guardians and Council to the Underground City." Ranen ordered.

"We'll be ready for that psycho and whatever tricks he has. Let's do this, for everyone!" Cynthia encouraged.

"When did you become upbeat?" Tori asked.

"It's not like the fate of this dimension is at stake or anything. I can be serious." Cynthia replied.

Ramos approaches Silent Hills with his army, along with Vinerox and Argros by his side.

"Gride will pay for this act of treason! Only I betray my henchmen! Now, it is time we...DANCE FIGHT!" Ramos yelled, dancing oddly, confusing everyone.

"...Do ya have your head screwed on right?" Vinerox asked.

"...I meant to say attack. Anyways...you two..." Ramos was saying to Argros and Vinerox, not sure what to call them.

"What?" Argros asked.

"...Um...I don't know your names." Ramos replied, confused.

"You for real right now? We joined the army just yesterday!" Vinerox replied.

"...Uh, plant guy and iron guy, fetch the magic stones from Gride!" Ramos ordered.

"Okay boss." Argros replied.

They approached the entrance, noticing the cracked ground. Ramos looks down, and gasped upon seeing the Underground City.

"This is their base, I've finally found it! I have them at a legal trap!" Ramos said, laughing.

"What's that?" a soldier asked.

"It's a move in Eels & Escalators...I mean, chess! Go down there and fight!" Ramos rambled.

Vinerox lowered everyone down with vines. The rebels fired at Gride and the other enemies, as Federation soldiers fired at Gride, who sent magic slashes back. Up above, Deckel approaches the entrance, shooting several magic blasts at soldiers.

"Who dares!?" Ramos asked, when Deckel knocked him over with a magic blast. He jumped right into the crack.

"Was that...Doofus? Derek? I forget his name..." Ramos pondered, getting back up, and looks below.

Deckel threw a magic blast at Gride, who looked around to see him, surprised.

"Deckel, how did you find me!?" Gride asked.

"We were once one, I had a feeling you'd be here. I sense your presence." Deckel said, shooting more magic blasts at Gride, deflecting them with the sword.

"Deckel, you're back!" Argros said, surprising Vinerox and him.

"Yes...I am, but only to settle some business. Stop him." Deckel said, shooting another magic blast from his hand at Gride. Gride flashed his eyes, but Deckel put on his steampunk goggles, blocking the spell.

Vinerox shot vines at Gride, who flew through them, but Argros tackled him.

"Get off me!" Gride yelled, pushing Argros off, and dropped the green gem.

Vinerox threw a rebel aside with his vines, and reached his vines to the gem. Gride sliced through the vines with his sword, and took the gem, flying through the cave.

"Not cool man!" Vinerox yelled, regenerating the vines.

"IDIOTS! It's just two stones, this isn't difficult! It's easy as tying your shoes while eating a delicious piece of pie!" Ramos rambled, and he said to himself, "What the? Why do I keep saying nonsense?"

"Look out below!" Audrey yelled, as she sent a powerful gust at Ramos and his soldiers.

"WAAAH!" Ramos yelled, as he fell into the Underground City with the soldiers.

The guardians flew in, as Ranen and the Council follow. Luna levitates them down safely with her magic powers. Ramos lands on Gride, flying around.

"Get off!" Gride yelled, trying to shake Ramos off.

"No, not until you give me back my power!" Ramos yelled, scratching both staffs at him.

"Oh, hi Deckel." Tori said, seeing him fight off two Federation soldiers, bashing their heads against each other, knocking them out. 

"Hello, friends. Sorry for intruding, but I knew Gride was here, so I came to end our feud." Deckel said, as Argros and Vinerox overheard this.

"Wait, Deckel joined the guardians?" Vinerox asked.

"Yes. The truth is, I'm not the criminal Deckel you originally knew. I was corrupted by a dark stone, which created Gride, and turned me evil. I've seen the error of my ways. Maybe you two can." Deckel offered.

"I dunno..." Argros said, scratching his head.

"No thanks, I'm not going soft! Besides, Ramos is in charge, might as well follow." Vinerox said.

"Do you really want to be imprisoned again? Is this worth it, risking your lives for a guy that probably doesn't care about you?" Madison asked, as they thought.

"Listen to her. Why not try to change your lives like me? We don't have to be looked at as evil. You could do something different by changing your criminal ways. Keep it up, and you'll be stuck in a never-ending repeating pattern." Deckel said to the two.

"...I suppose you might be right. The criminal life hasn't been doing me good lately. I'm tired of being stuck in that prison, but I'm also tired of doing stuff that gets me sent there..." Vinerox realized.

"Yeah, I haven't been having much fun." Argros realized.

"Yay, reasoning can work sometimes!" Audrey said.

Vinerox and Argros attacked several Federation soldiers, knocking them out. Deckel turned a soldier into stone, and sent one flying aside with a magic blast. The girls launched elemental attacks, as Gride and Ramos kept fighting in the air. 

"Give me the money...gems...whatever!" Ramos rambled, punching Gride.

Vinerox trapped remaining soldiers in vines. All of the Federation soldiers were defeated.

"Now to deal with those idiots." Cynthia said, as Ramos and Gride kept fighting.

Gride finally flung Ramos off of him, sending him smashing into the dirt below. Gride landed, and laughed.

"I wouldn't really be laughing right now, you're kinda outnumbered." Tori said, as the girls, Deckel, Argros, Vinerox, Ranen, Council, and rebels cornered him.

"Not quite." Gride replied, holding out both stones. "GIVE ME YOUR POWER!"

Nothing happened.

"Come on!" Gride demanded angrily, waiting.

"HA!" Ramos mocked.

"Wow, that sucks." Cynthia said.

However, the green stone let out dark energy at the blue stone. Energy is transferred from both stones into Gride, who glows. They launched attacks, but the energy made a shield that blocks the attacks. Gride roars, as he doubles in size, with his wings growing larger. He laughed, and looked at the heroes in his larger form.

"That's bad." Tom said.

Meanwhile, the knights and Van Gordon approach Elana's castle. They see Federation and beast soldiers walking around.

"It's very guardeds." Van Gordon noted.

"Considering how bright those soldiers be back in Posidonia, I wouldn't worry." Flinn noted.

"Yeah, this shouldn't really need any more suspense than needed." Nick said.

They jumped out of hiding, and attacked. Trent sent laser arrows from his dagger, Flinn sent golden blasts from his sword, Jake punched several with Cameron, Zero stunned several, and Nick ran super fast around several soldiers, confusing them. They got dizzy, and Nick knocked them in the back of the heads with Gordon, as they fell to the ground unconscious.

"Good works, comrade Nick." Van Gordon said.

"Wow, this is sad." Jake said, seeing the guards knocked out.

They head inside. The foyer is quiet, with nobody around.

"I feel like someone either wants to sell us something, or attack us." Nick said.

The spider crab crawls on the ceiling, and Flinn looks up.

"Uh...lads." Flinn said.

The spider crab jumps down, and fired webs at them, which they sliced through. The blue jellyfish came out of hiding, floating around and firing electric blasts. Gordon flew around in his jet-pack, and landed on the jellyfish, punching it. It shocked him, and fell off.

"Dah...I'm okay." Van Gordon said, burnt.

"I'm getting tired of these two." Cameron said, slicing through the crab's webs.

Trent fired laser arrows at the spider crab, dodging, but one quickly hit its stomach, and it fell over. The jellyfish shoots electric stings, but Zero got in the way as some headed for Jake, and he absorbed them. The jellyfish scratched its head with a tentacle, and Zero jumped up, punching it in the head, sending it into a statue. The spider crab shoots a web at Jake, who ducked out of the way, as the web traps the jellyfish. Cameron punched the spider crab, dodging its claws, and Zero stuns it. The spider crab angrily fired another web, and Cameron used his stone to reflect it back at the crab, trapping it as well. Both struggled to get out.

"Do we put them in the monster jail?" Trent asked.

"The scanner only reads Karmanians, so it wouldn't work." Zero replied.

"...I have an idea, but we can worry about it later. Let's find the captured rebels." Jake said, as they looked around the castle.

Nick looks around a hallway with Flinn and Gordon, and they hear mumbling sounds. They look up to see Steele, Vince, Mariette and several rebels stuck to the ceiling in the spider crab's webs.

"That's creepy." Flinn said.

They're freed, and fall down to the floor.

"Finally, we're free! Do you have any idea how long we were stuck!?" Steele asked annoyed.

"Sorry, but you're free now." Zero replied.

"Thank you." Mariette said, as they regrouped.

"Is the castle ours again?" Trent asked.

"Yeah, we'll stand guard in case any of those jerks return." Steele said, as they went to the foyer, seeing the spider crab and blue jellyfish tied up. "Ha, who is trapped now?!"

"Let's help the others." Jake ordered.

Back in the Underground City, Gride dropped the sword to the ground. Deckel picked it up, and looked cautiously at the large Gride.

"No fair, why did he get big!?" Ramos asked angrily, getting up.

"Take your stupid gems back, I have their power! I'm unstoppable!" Gride said, tossing both stones to Ramos, who laughed.

"I still hate you, but thanks, Greg!" Ramos said, holding both stones.

Gride shot a blast of green fire from his mouth, as everyone ran. The girls flew around and shot elemental attacks, but Gride resisted. Cynthia threw boulders, but Gride shot electricity from his eyes, vaporizing the boulders. He flapped his wings, letting out heavy wind gusts at the girls, knocking them away.

Inside the blue gem void, Elana and the ex-guardians are in a circle, hearing the commotion outside.

"I'm not sure if they can defeat the dragon." Peyton feared.

"Yeah, if only someone hadn't made this this stone in the first place so it could be stolen..." Elana said snidely to Valina.

"That, your majesty, is not harmony." Mai and her doppel said at the same time.

"Stop that." Mai said.

"I'm not happy either. I may be a key to helping them, so listen. Using the power of Elana's crown, we can send a telepathic message to them, but only if we join...in harmony, as much as I hate saying that. I'm the only one who can tell them how to defeat Gride." Valina said.

"Guess we don't have another choice." Cassidy said, as they focused.

Back outside, Gride kept firing elemental attacks, overpowering everyone. Rebel soldiers threw spears, but he incinerated them with green fire.

"I'm tired, I'll use this power to trash the other world!" Gride said, teleporting away.

"Other world? ...Oh no." Madison realized.

"We can't let them see a giant dragon, they'd go bonkers." Audrey said.

"Rotwell would be happy." Tori joked.

"I don't think everyone else would be happy to be terrorized by an evil giant dragon." Cynthia said.

"Go, but you cannot let people see your identities." Ranen said.

"I have a solution to that." Luna said, when the knights enter from the broken staircase, and Gordon flew down in his jet-pack.

"Sorry for the wait, we didn't feel like jumping and possibly breaking a leg or more." Nick said, breathing heavily. 

"I assume we missed a lot." Cameron said, seeing the damage.

"Where did Ramos go?" Audrey asked, as they looked around, but he was gone.

"Must've escaped during the fight." Deckel said, as the knights were confused by the presence of Vinerox and Argros.

"Isn't that plant monster evil?" Flinn asked.

"About that, Argros and Vinerox have joined our side after a talk. They're fine." Madison said.

"Hooray for redemption!" Nick said.

"Also, Gride became super powerful through the stones, and is going to attack Posidonia." Tori explained.

"But Luna said she has a way of hiding our identities during the fight, what is it?" Cynthia asked.

"I'll create an illusion field. Normal civilians won't see your fight." Luna said.

"You can do that? That's cool." Trent said.

"Yes, but it only lasts an hour, so use the time wisely." Luna said.

"We'll find Ramos. Me, Ranen, Cesare, Luna when she's done the spell, and...that guy." Tom said, pointing to Van Gordon.

"Hi." Van Gordon replied.

"What about us?" Argros asked, standing by Vinerox.

"If both of you are sincere, I'll make an offer. I won't arrest if you promise not to tell anyone where the Underground City is, and do some community service by helping clean this place up." Ranen said.

"Sure thing." Vinerox saluted, putting a vine to his head.

"Yes sir!" Argros said, getting to work by picking up rocks.

"I'll help you defeat Gride, since he was responsible for the terrible things I did." Deckel said.

Madison opens a portal with the heart, as the heroes, Deckel and Luna appeared on the rooftop of a store, where it kept snowing. Gride flies from the forest in the distance, headed towards the town. Luna let out a blue spell from her hands, which covered Gride and the town. A magic field is in front of the buildings along the store they were on, which made them and Gride invisible to the public. A giant flatscreen television is seen outside a building in the intersection. It shows a cartoon version of the heroes and Gride. Hank walked along the sidewalk, seeing the flatscreen.

"I tell you what, I don't know where this flatscreen came from, but I like it!" Hank said.

Other civilians continued on their business, driving their boat-mobiles through the street, since they couldn't see Gride or the heroes. 

"Wow, feels like it hasn't snowed in ages." Nick said, feeling the snowflakes land on his armor.

"I never liked the snow, so I don't care." Cynthia said, brushing it off her hair.

"Good luck. Remember: an hour." Luna reminded, going through the portal.

Gride sees them on the roof.

"You fools really followed me. You're braver than I thought, but also idiotic!" Gride said, shooting a fire blast.

The girls flew up, while the knights and Deckel jumped around, avoiding the flames.

Back in the Underground City, Ramos walks through an abandoned path.

"Why can't I put both pieces together now?" Ramos asked to the green gem, which glowed, and he heard.

"There is a secret room for it? Hopefully that jerk George keeps them busy...aha, so that is why you let him take your power! Smart!" Ramos rambled, staring at the gem.

He hears a jet-pack flying behind him. He quickly turns around, firing a green blast from the mini-staff, hitting Gordon, and he fell. The Council and Ranen appeared by his side.

"How did you know I went here!?" Ramos asked.

"Tom somehow knew." Cesare said, scratching his head.

"Just a feeling." Tom said oddly.

Ramos used Valina's staff to make the cave crumble, as rocks fell. Van Gordon gets up, trying to grab the staff.

"Another traitor has returned...uh...Doyle is it?" Ramos asked confused, unsure of his name.

Ramos was distracted, so Gordon punched him in the face, and fell to the ground. He dropped Valina's staff, but held onto his.

"End of the line, Ramos. You're under arrest." Ranen said, approaching him, but Tom stopped them.

"Hold on." Tom said, meditating.

He sent a tiny magical red blast from his right hand at the mini-staff. Suddenly, Ramos levitated in the air, as the green gem glowed. Ramos's eyes glowed green, and he let out a sinister smile.

"...Hello Tom. Luna. Cesare. Ranen. It's been a long time." the campaign manager's voice spoke through Ramos's body, startling them except Tom.

"That voice..." Ranen said.

"Just as I suspected." Tom said.

"The immortal one..." Cesare realized.

"Ramos is on my side. That boring dragon will keep your heroes busy. I have work to do." the campaign manager spoke, as he picked up Valina's staff.

He fired a green blast from the mini-staff at the ground, which made green fire shoot out everywhere, and explode open the floor. Ramos's body levitated down the hole, as rocks fell in front of the path, making them run back all the way to the entrance. After exiting, one final boulder fell down in front, sealing off the pathway.

Back in Posidonia Fields, Madison shot multiple electric balls, but Gride avoided them. Cynthia made vines rise up, but Gride avoided those. Audrey sent multiple tornado gusts, but Gride blasted them away with his wings. Tori sent whirlpools, but Gride shot electricity from his claws through the whirlpools. The knights and Deckel sent attacks, but barely did anything.

"I don't know if we can beat him..." Madison said, breathing heavily, feeling tired. 

"Can't you turn him into stone?" Jake asked Deckel, avoiding another fire blast.

"I can...if he holds still, and that doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon." Deckel replied.

Several civilians watch the cartoon on the flatscreen, impressed.

"Come on knight dudes and mermaid dudettes, beat the dragon!" one said.

A limousine boat drives near the sidewalk. Bryan, Gnarly Dewd and Steve skateboard past the front of the limo. Agents Roy and Dilks are seen in the front, with Dilks driving.

"Rude kids, who even skates in this weather, Agent Roy?" Dilks asked.

"Just keep driving." Roy replied.

A mysterious figure is in the back of the limo drinking coffee. They're wearing a white trench-coat, wore blue glasses, and have blonde hair. They see the flatscreen television with the heroes fighting.

"Stop the vehicle." the figure demanded upon seeing, and Dilks made it stop.

"Don't worry Colress sir, I promise I wasn't going to hit those kids!" Dilks replied nervously.

"Forget them. Look at the screen." the fish named Colress replied.

"Yeah, it's pretty cool, bunch of cartoon mermaids and knights fighting a dragon." Dilks said.

"...Cartoon..." Colress said curiously, as he kept watching. "Let's sit back and enjoy the show."

"If you say so. We have time to spare." Roy replied, as they watched.

As the heroes kept fighting, the girls hear a voice in their heads.

"Girls, it's me, Elana!" Elana's voice said.

"...Elana? How're you talking to me?" Madison asked, confused.

"Are you all hearing Elana too?" Audrey asked.

"Yeah, I'm happy, but very confused." Cynthia replied.

"Listen, I'm trapped in the gemstone with the previous guardians. Valina wants to tell you something." Elana said.

"Not sure if we want to listen." Tori replied, avoiding water blasts from Gride.

"Listen to me. Remember the time we in your dreams, and turned into the elemental forms?" Valina asked, as they remembered.

"Oh yeah, those were weird." Audrey replied.

"You didn't just use your elements, you became them. You can do it again, by concentrating hard enough, and becoming one with the element. Use them to defeat Gride." Valina spoke to them from the void, as she was shown holding onto Elana's crown.

"We'll try, but why're you helping us?" Madison asked.

Valina didn't reply, but Mai held onto the crown.

"Hi, I exist." Mai spoke, making Audrey happy.

"Yay, grandma!" Audrey replied.

"Tap into your powers. Hurry, and defeat Ramos after. Break open the blue gem, we'll escape." Mai told them.

"Hello, I'm Mai's doppel that Valina created, who fought for her while brainwashed." Mai's doppel spoke.

"I figured, I knew Mai wouldn't willingly join her." Cynthia replied.

The girls began concentrating, and go into deep thought.

"What're they doing?" Zero asked, seeing the girls, and shot a stun blast at Gride.

Each tapped into their powers, and focused. Water formed around Tori's body, and she turns into a being of water. Electricity formed around Madison's body, and she turns into a being of electricity. Plants and rocks formed around Cynthia's body, and she turns into a being of earth. Finally, wind and gusts formed around Audrey's body, and she turns into a being of wind. 

"What're those?" Trent asked, after firing a laser arrow at Gride.

"No idea, but I hope it's good." Jake said.

"What-" Gride was saying, when Madison used her electric form to bolt right at his face, knocking him down a bit, and leaving a burn mark. 

Cynthia wraps his wings in vines, but Gride breaks free. Audrey traps him in a tornado gust, lifting him in the air. Tori shot multiple water pulses from her body at him as she flew around, knocking him around.

"Wow, he be gettin' a beatdown." Flinn noted.

Gride flashes his eyes, but Madison bolts right into his left eye, leaving a scar. Gride yells in pain, and flails around.

He is grabbed by multiple vines, being held in place. Madison's form electrocutes him, and he screams. The Council, Gordon and Ranen went through the portal, seeing the girls.

"Impressive, they've reached their elemental forms." Cesare noted.

The girls attacked him in the stomach, as Madison let out an electric blast around Gride's body. He smokes and falls to the ground. He glows, and turns back to his normal form. The heroes and Deckel approach him, as his body kept smoking.

"No, it won't end this way!" Gride said angrily.

"I helped you enter this world, and now...I will help you leave it." Deckel said, forming a magic blast in his hand.

The girls fired their elemental attacks, Deckel sent a magic blast, and the knights attacked him at once. 

"Nooo!" Gride yelled, as he exploded into purple mist, similar to White Knight. The audience who watched the cartoon cheered.

"That sucks." Trent said, looking at how nothing remained.

The girls kept floating in their elemental forms however, not responding.

"Are they okay?" Cameron asked.

"Madison, do you hear me?" Trent asked to her form.

"They've entered a powerful form, and become more than normal. They can't hear you." Tom said.

"Is there any way to snap them out of it?" Zero asked.

"I got this. WAKE UP!" Luna yelled, making her hand glow, and slaps their faces.

They turn back into their normal mermaid forms, looking around confused and exhausted.

"Whoa, that was...a wild wide." Cynthia said.

"I couldn't say or hear anything, it was weird." Madison said.

"Glad you're okay." Trent said to Madison.

"Give thanks to Luna who woke you up." Nick said, as she smiled.

"Those forms are extremely powerful, and it'll take time for you to exit them better. Ramos is headed for a secret ancient chamber in the Underground City, and...we don't know what he'll do, but it's most likely not good." Ranen said.

"I must leaves now. Good luck." Van Gordon said, flying off in his jet-pack.

They head back through the portal. Deckel began to walk towards the exit.

"Where are you going?" Audrey asked.

"I must go too. Since Gride is gone, I must make amends for the terrible things he did." Deckel said.

"Aw, don't go already, we're just getting to the cool part where we fight Ramos." Nick said.

"I'm sure you'll be fine without me. Farewell. Someday, we might meet again." Deckel said, as he left.

They bid farewell, as Deckel walked off through the plains. Cynthia used her powers to crush all of the rocks, clearing their path as they kept going forward. They saw the hole where Ramos went down.

"Don't worry, I'll levitate the boys down safely." Luna said.

"You're being generous today." Tori said.

The girls floated down, and Luna made everyone else levitate down the hole.

"It's dark, I can't see anything." Cameron said, trying to look around.

They arrived at the bottom, and looked around. It's an ancient chamber, which has strange carvings on the walls of Karmanian monsters. There are other weird carvings around, including statues, and a map of Karmania on another wall. 

"What is this place?" Trent asked.

"I don't know, but it creeps me out." Audrey said, looking at the carvings.

"I sense someone is hiding here." Nick said.

"Must be our whacko king." Cynthia said.

"Come out wherever you are." Tori taunted, as her voice echoed.

They look around carefully. Cameron walks between two pillars, when suddenly...

Ramos came out of hiding, and knocks Cameron's helmet off with a gust blast. Cameron held his sword, but Ramos quickly sent his mini-staff flying at Cameron's eyes, blinding him.

"Cameron!" the heroes yelled, as Cameron kneels to the ground in pain, covering his eyes. The heroes came to help, concerned.

"...I-I'm fine." Cameron said, reaching around, and grabbed his helmet.

"Haha, say goodbye to pizza!" Ramos said, avoiding Audrey's gust attack.

"...Huh?" Cynthia asked, as she sent several rocks at him, but he fired green blasts back. 

"I'd make a joke right now, but jeez, I don't think you're okay." Tori said, feeling bad for Cameron, and helped him get up.

The girls sent elemental attacks at Ramos, but he made rocks rise up in front, blocking them. Luna sent a purple magic blast at Ramos, as he ran from it, but it kept following him. He fired a water blast, making it fade away.

"Aww, poor boy lost his eyesight, do you need a bagel to see?" Ramos taunted to Cameron, and said to himself, "Why can't I talk right!?"

"No. I can still use my other senses to know your moves. I don't need vision." Cameron said, walking around, and heard Ramos's footsteps.

Ramos sent another green blast to him, but Cameron deflected it with his sword using his hearing. Ramos is surprised, and sent an electricity blast, but he dodged. He quickly twisted Ramos's arm, and punched him aside.

"Nice job dude...but sorry about your vision." Jake said to him.

Tori sent a water blast at Ramos, but he sent another back. The knights tried to attack, but get knocked back with electricity.

"Is now the time, boss?" Ramos asked, as the gem responded to him. "...NOW IS THE TIME...TO MAKE ME A GRILLED CHEESE!"

Some of the heroes couldn't help but laugh.

"Yeah, he's gone bonkers. I question how much of a threat he'll pose." Cynthia said, as she trapped him in rock, but he broke out of it with the mini-staff's power. He stood in the center of an ancient circle at the end of the room.

"Don't let him stand there!" Cesare warned, but Tom didn't seem worried.

Ramos ripped both stones out of the staffs, dropping them to the ground. He put both stone pieces together, holding them up. Everyone (except Tom) is about to attack.

"I'd hide." Tom suggested.

The stone floated in the air, glowing blue and green. The circle around glowed, shooting lights into the stone. The stone opened a black hole above, which starts to pull everyone in.

"NOOO!" Ramos yelled, holding onto the ground, but both staffs hit his face, sending him into the hole.

"Not this again..." Madison said, as everyone held on tight.

Zero and Nick helped Cameron away from the black hole. Cynthia quickly sent a rock flying at the stone, which broke them in half. It sent the blue stone flying against the ground, and cracks. The black hole disappeared, relieving everyone.

"I don't know what just happened, but I'm glad it's over." Flinn said.

In the blue void, Elana and the ex-guardians are still joined together, when a tear opened.

"Keep holding hands, and we'll escape." Mai said, as they floated towards it.

As they are about to escape, Valina seemed unsure, and floated away from the group.

"Go on without me, I can't return. I did terrible things..." Valina realized.

"Come on Val, return to reality. Remember when we used to be friends? That staff made you crazy. I don't know what the kids will do, but face the music." Cassidy reasoned to her.

Valina thought about it, and floated back down, rejoining hands. She smiled as she held onto Cassidy's. All of them exit the void, appearing in the chamber. The Mai doppel was re-absorbed inside of Mai. Elana cheerfully approaches the heroes, and both stones crumbled to dust.

"Glad you're okay. How was it in there?" Cynthia asked.

"Really boring." Elana replied.

"Welcome back, Briar, but...you look a lot younger." Cesare noted.

"Yes, but I don't mind. I've missed youth." Briar said happily.

The heroes noticed that Peyton, Cassidy, Briar, and Valina retained their younger forms.

"I'm fine with being old." Mai said.

"Is it possible to re-age yourselves?" Zero asked.

"I can't. The staff and gemstone are gone." Valina said.

"Considering how much of life I missed, I'm fine with this." Cassidy said.

"I guess you're going to arrest me now." Valina sighed, approaching the heroes.

"I don't know if I can forgive you, but you're Trent's mom." Madison replid.

"What you did I guess wasn't that bad compared to Ramos...other than killing one of your best friends, but she's alive now, so yeah." Nick pointed out, as Cassidy looked at him oddly.

"That's a really weird way to put it...but if she can behave, let her go." Cynthia sighed.

"If Argros, Vinerox and Deckel can change, she can too, I guess." Jake said.

"Can you be normal again, mom?" Trent asked to Valina.

"...I hope. The staff's power was too much for me, but now, without it...I think I can control myself again. I'm sorry for everything I did, I just wanted to get rid of the ugly in this world, but I didn't go about it the right way. I never meant to hurt anyone...especially you, Cassidy. I know you won't forgive me, but I want to make amends." Valina said.

"I mean, if it's worth anything, I thought the afterlife was fun. But I'll gladly take a second chance for you and life. Don't worry guys, I'll make sure Val doesn't do anything crazy." Cassidy said, as Valina and her smiled at each other. 

"I'm glad we can live a somewhat normal life again." Trent said.

"I can also rule again. The kingdom is going to need a lot of cleaning up." Elana said.

"Are you going back to Soundaria?" Madison asked to Peyton.

"No, I'm retiring. I served long enough, and being young again has made me miss Posidonia. I'll give the power to someone worthy." Peyton said, holding out Soundaria's staff. 

"At least everyone has a happy ending...almost everyone." Audrey said sadly, seeing Zero and Nick help the blinded Cameron walk off.

Elana is back on her throne again, with Vince and Mariette by her side. Peyton gives the Soundaria staff to a rockstar villager, who strums their guitar in excitement. Cassidy talks to her mother Margaret, who is happy to see her. Briar is back at the Sky Kingdom with the council, who are happy. Mai goes back to the Golden Seahorse, as Audrey's parents welcome her back. The girls are seen playing out in the snow, with Jake and Trent joining. Madison throws a snowball, which hits Henry in the face as he walks out of the house, and they laugh.

"Hey dude, what happened to the crab and jellyfish?" Trent asked Jake.

"Funny story..." Jake said.

Rotwell is upstairs in his room, when the doorbell rings.

"HANS, DOOR!" his mother yelled.

Rotwell opens the door, seeing the spider crab and jellyfish, both in the webs.

"Ooh...mother, want a pet?" Rotwell asked.

"NO!" she replied.

"Too bad, because I'm adopting them!" Rotwell said, freeing them.

Unfortunately, the spider crab and blue jellyfish attacked Rotwell, as he ran around the house frantically.

"NOT THE FACE!" Rotwell yelled.

At a Posidonia castle room, Skipper, several soldiers, and senators look at a monitor.

"King Ramos, where are you? Please respond!" Skipper asked through his communicator.

Ramos wakes up on a rocky platform. He looks out, seeing a void of green, blue, and purple colors in the sky.

"...Where am I?" Ramos asked as he tried walking, and stopped upon seeing nothing below. There were tons of rock islands floating everywhere in the dimension. "NO NO NO, THEY RUINED EVERYTHING!"

"You're in my world." a familiar voice said from behind.

Ramos turns around to see a table with a chess board. A mysterious figure drinks tea, sitting on a chair. The figure wore a fancy business suit, and had purple colored skin.

"Who are you?" Ramos asked.

"Call me... "Beast". Take a seat. I've been looking for someone to play chess with. You're going to be here a while. There's no way out." Beast said, as Ramos sat down.

"I thought I was going to rule Karmania. Now I'm stuck here! Are you happy that you interfered with my plans and ruined everything!?" Ramos asked to Beast.

"I didn't interfere." Beast replied, drinking some tea.

"I'll never understand you..." Ramos sighed.

"Don't worry, the more you stay here, you will understand. Have some tea." Beast said, passing him a cup.

"...Thanks. Maybe I could live here a while. A world of nothing is what I need. Nobody to ruin my plans. No idiotic henchmen to bug me. No annoying citizens. Free tea and chess. I understand now...This world is my paradise!" Ramos realized, as he drank tea and stared into the world's abyss of nothingness.

"Indeed. You did get to be the ruler of a world, one we can rule together, where nobody will bother us." Beast said.

"But why did you go to all that trouble to bring me here? I didn't release you." Ramos said, playing chess with him.

"Don't worry, everything went according to plan." Beast said, showing a sinister smile.

He picks up a chess piece with his right hand, which has his middle finger cut off. He moves the piece forward, as they kept playing.

"This is the start of a beautiful friendship." Beast said.

Back in the castle room, Skipper kept trying to reach Ramos.

"King Ramos, please respond! King Ramos-" Skipper spoke when he heard something on the other end.

"...Do not look for me." Ramos spoke, as everyone in the room heard. The communication ended, and went static.

"...I understand, sir." Skipper replied.

"Where could he've gone?" a soldier asked, as Skipper walks away.

In the Underground City's chamber room, the other half of Beast's middle finger is seen in the middle of the circle...

_______

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Colress

-Vinerox and Argros become good, making that now three previous criminals who have reformed (the first being Deckel).

-The advanced elemental forms from "In Dreams" return.

-

Ramos becomes trapped in another dimension with "Beast".

-

Cameron loses his vision.

:( 

-

Both of Valina's gemstones are destroyed, making her lose most of her powers. She also sees the errors of her ways, although the heroes are understandably on edge about forgiving her. Cassidy and Trent will try to help her.

That's all for Season 2. I admit I had a lot to juggle this half of the season, some parts may or may not have been balanced better than others, but I believe Season 3 will hopefully balance things better. It will start sometime this spring, and I am excited for it. But for now, break time.

• Like 3

Excellent finale, Jjs! I have to say that this managed to overtake Season 1's. I thought all of the battles were handled well, and it was a cool idea to have an 'invisible' battle that the other citizens couldn't see. I like Luna's magic, so I hope we see more of her in the future. It was also nice to see Vinerox and Arg redeem themselves. Vinerox has always been a favorite villain of mine. It was also nice to see the trapped old!Guardians and Elana work together to free themselves, and it looks as though Val is on the right path to redemption (and maybe happinness with Cassidy). I also feel terrible for Cameron. I'm wondering how his loss of vision will play into Season 3. Also, I really liked the episode title - it kept in sync with S1's finale title, 'Checkmate'. It seems the whole series is centered on this big game of Chess. At least for what Ramos and 'Beast' have in store (and whatever it is, I am anxious to find out). Finally, it wa nice to see the girls use their elemental forms.

So yeah, I can't wait to see what the next season brings.

• Like 2

I'll admit this season was badass, I loved the action, loved it everyone back that way they were, and yay Elana is back :plankton2:. Ramos & Beat have a interesting conversation near the end, so i guess we'll find out more about them in s3.

I feel bad for Cameron's loss of his vision :( hope he has a speedy recovery as well.

Overall,, a great season finale to great show as i'm excited for season 3.

• Like 2

*facepalms*

Don't worry, that was for me. It took me this long to figure out why this episode was called Legal Trap srsly me

Remarkable season finale, just as I was expecting. The fight with the heroes and Gride is one of the series' finest battles and I loved how everyone got to watch it as a cartoon. I never would've guessed that Luna had an interest in animation. Just like that, she's become a fascinating character. The ending to the fight with Ramos felt abrupt to me, but dang, the reveal of the immortal one was killer. I also dig the ending where we see what happens to everyone...especially Ramos. Beast's middle finger is sure to make for a good plot point as well as a good joke. :P 

Fantastic season overall, I'm sure the wait for Season 3 will be well worth it.

• Like 2

Season 3 activate!

53. The Muffin Mess

Skipper is seen campaigning outside the Posidonia castle, speaking to a crowd.

"Yeah...I'm still running for king, um...I don't even know what to offer, just...vote for me, maybe..." Skipper said, sighing, and sounding unconfident.

"BOO, YOU STINK!" a crowd member yelled.

"We want Ramos, not you!" another snapped back.

"Yeah, where is he? He hasn't left the castle in months now!" another pointed out, making Skipper nervous.

"He's busy..." Skipper lied.

"We want to see him now, he's been busy for months!" a crowd member demanded.

"And he still hasn't signed my hat!" another said angrily.

"Yeah, let us in the castle!" another said, as the crowd moves toward the entrance.

"No, you cannot! He isn't even here right now, he's at an important meeting!" Skipper lied.

"Fine...but we'll be back tomorrow, butler! We're going to see King Ramos, THIS I SWEAR!" a crowd member yelled, as they left angrily.

Skipper sighed, as he heads inside the castle.

"I know he said not to look, but I can't keep this charade up. I need to find him, but how...wait, I may know of a spell that can help." Skipper said, heading to his room.

The heroes travel with Ranen and soldiers in Central Karmania to a new location. Cameron struggled to walk, as the other knights aided him. He wore a blue mask which covered his scarred eyes.

"Where are we headed?" Cynthia asked.

“To our new central base. During your winter break, we relocated. The Federation knows the Underground City's location, so there was no point in staying." Ranen said.

"I thought we arrested the soldiers that found it?" Jake asked.

"We did, but I believe they made the operation clear to the rest of the army, so it doesn't stop others from investigating the Silent Hills. This base is hidden from normal eyes." Ranen explained.

"He has a point. It's only logical we move so other soldiers don't keep attacking it. Plus, I'm not entirely 100% sure Vinerox and Argros will keep their promises, though nothing is 100%." Zero said.

They made their way to a barren area, in the middle of nowhere. Two mysterious totem poles are across from each other.

"This isn't exactly hidden..." Tori said, unimpressed.

"I can't see it anyways..." Cameron said.

"We're still sorry about that." Madison said to him, as the gang felt bad.

"Don't worry, I can use other senses to guide the way." Cameron said, as he took off the blue mask, showing the scar across his white eyes.

"This is not the base." Ranen said, confusing the heroes and soldiers.

He activated secret tiles hidden on the totem poles. Both began to glow, and light shined behind. The light opened an invisible forcefield, opening a path to an ancient, abandoned kingdom. The heroes are shocked, as they enter, and the forcefield closes behind.

"THIS is our new base. Welcome to the Hidden Kingdom, a kingdom from old Karmanian times, secretly found in-between Central and Western Karmania. It was abandoned ages ago, but a wizard casted a spell hiding it behind an invisible forcefield. Some say it was one of the first kingdoms to form in Karmania, based on the element of Earth. Even though it's abandoned, it feels as if a mysterious presence still lurks around..." Ranen explained, as they all walked in through the forcefield. 

They look around, seeing abandoned ruins everywhere, with many covered in overgrowth. Several royal soldiers walk around, greeting them. 

"Wow, an ancient kingdom based on my element? I'm impressed, even though it's old." Cynthia said.

"That's weird, if this place is abandoned, how are flowers still growing here?" Nick inquired, noticing patches of flowers growing in random places.

"Just as Ranen said, this was an ancient magical kingdom. Perhaps it did not lose all of its magic..." Zero said.

"We moved all the Underground City prisoners and weapons into buildings here. If Central Karmania is attacked again, this spot is our planning location. It's highly unlikely any enemies will find us." Ranen said.

"This is amazing..." Madison said, looking at the sky, with the Karmanian sun shining down on them.

"If only I could see any of it, but I trust that it's nice." Cameron said, putting his mask back on.

"Don't worry dude, I think it's pretty cool. You can trust me. I like this base better than the Underground City, that place was kind of gross." Nick said, trying to cheer him up.

"Tell me about it." Cynthia replied.

"This is nice, but how do we get back?" Tori asked.

"This way." Ranen said, activating hidden switches on two different totem poles. They shined like the entrance poles, and opened the invisible forcefield again. The heroes entered, as some soldiers stayed behind. The forcefield closes, as the Hidden Kingdom vanished from their sights.

"That's an interesting way to end our winter break." Jake said.

"So you guys completely abandoned the Underground City?" Audrey asked.

"Yes, we moved everything out of there. We can't ever go back, but if the Federation ever revisits it, there will be no secrets for them to discover there." Ranen said.

The next day, Jake and the girls head back to school, their first day back from winter break. Elana greets them.

"Hey, I thought you weren't coming back?" Madison inquired.

"I know, but since I got kidnapped and all, my adoptive parents agreed to let me finish the year. But this is it, after Junior year ends, I'm done with school." Elana said.

"At least you have a few months left to enjoy it." Audrey said.

"Hopefully you don't get kidnapped again." Tori joked.

"Yeah, I've had enough of being used by a villain." Elana said, laughing.

"Lucky, I wish I could end school early, but we've got Senior year after this, sucks you'll miss that." Cynthia said.

"I know...but the kingdom needs me." Elana said, as Roxy approached them.

"Hey guys, how was your winter break?" Roxy asked.

"It was decent." Madison replied.

"I liked it, Christmas was fun with family." Audrey said.

"Did you guys hear about the new computer teacher? He's pretty cute." Roxy asked.

"No, who is he?" Cynthia asked.

"His name is Colress...there he is!" Roxy pointed out, as Colress is by the entrance with Mrs. Lenden, Thomson, Rotwell, and other teachers, welcoming students back.

"Wow, he's not bad for a nerd..." Cynthia said, checking him out.

"Yeah, he's kind of cute." Elana said.

"He's okay, but weird name." Tori said.

Johnny is seen meeting Colress.

"Hello Mr. Colress, it's an honor to meet you! I am taking your computer class this semester, I can't wait to learn so much!" Johnny said.

"Yes, it is an honor to meet you too. I trust you will do well." Colress replied, smiling.

"I promise, sir!" Johnny said, heading inside.

Colress then looks at the girls nearby curiously, adjusting his blue glasses. Trent approaches the gang, greeting them.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Trent asked.

"Nothing much, just looking forward to a boring day back to school after a nice break." Tori said sarcastically.

"How are things with your mom?" Madison asked to him privately.

"Not bad, she's...getting better thanks to Cassidy's help. At least definitely better than the way she's acted the past few years, it feels like she cares about me again." Trent said.

"That's good, I'm just not sure if I can forgive her after everything she put us through." Madison said.

"I know, but at least she lost her dark magic." Trent replied.

"Ah yes, Cynthia Harnett and Tori Mansen, there you two are!" Mr. Flinch said, approaching the two.

"Uh...what's going on?" Cynthia asked.

"Before winter break, Tori signed you two up to make muffins for the winter school fair tomorrow! Uh...you did tell her, right Tori?" Mr. Flinch asked.

"This is the first time I'm hearing about it..." Cynthia said, annoyed, as Mr. Flinch flinched.

"Well you two better work something out, as the fair is tomorrow, remember! I need those muffins for it!" Mr. Flinch said, as he walked off.

"Oh right, I did sign you up. He asked me if I was interested in making food for the winter school fair, and said I could have a friend help, so I signed you up too." Tori explained.

"Seriously!?" Cynthia said annoyed.

"Hey, you signed us up for a boat wash without asking, so it's only fair I get payback." Tori smirked.

"Ugh, fine, we can make them, I guess it can't be that bad." Cynthia said.

"Yeah, making muffins really isn't that hard. We'll work on 'em after-school." Tori replied.

"Fine, as long as you don't make it difficult." Cynthia said, as they headed to the entrance with the others. Colress sees them approaching.

"Hello students, welcome back. My name is Colress, a new teacher at this fine high school. I'm a researcher whose had an interest in unlocking the scientific mysteries of the sea. I'm looking forward to getting to know all five of you..." Colress said ominously to them.

"I'm looking forward to knowing you, too." Cynthia said, winking at him, confusing Colress.

"I don't think he appreciates your flirting, he's old anyways." Tori said to her, after they walked inside.

"I know..." Cynthia sighed, heading to class.

Meanwhile, a gold limo boatmobile drives through the streets. Inside, two royal guards are seen driving, with a mysterious figure in the back.

"...What's taking so long." The figure asked irritated in a cold voice.

"Oh no, he stated a question instead of asking it, I hate when he does that..." one of the guards said nervously.

"Everything is fine Edward sir, there's a lot of traffic..." the driver said nervously, as they're stuck behind a truck boat.

"I have a lot of words for the butler..." Edward said in the back, moving out of the shadows.

He has a red scouter eyepiece covering his left eye, and wears a creepy black outfit. He is not happy.

In Skipper's room, he is seen putting together a spell, mixing ingredients into a cauldron, and reading from a spell book. An episode of Snail-tective plays on Skipper's television. Snail-tective and the cop are seen in a mansion.

"Alright Snail-tective, are you sure Mr. Renegade, the mansion owner, is behind this door?" the cop asked.

Snail-tective meowed. The cop busts it down, seeing Mr. Renegade tied up in rope. The cop lets him free.

"Thank you two so much, I've been trapped here for days!" Mr. Renegade said.

"Who put you here in the first place?" the cop asked.

"It was none other than the dastardly Johnson, my evil twin brother! He is trying to steal the mansion by getting rid of me!" Mr. Renegade revealed, as the two gasped.

"Mwa ha ha ha! You're right, my foolish brother, but it's too late! While they looked for you, I set up rockets that will send this mansion...INTO SPACE! And there's no way out!" Johnson said, appearing from behind. He presses a button that locks the mansion down, and the mansion begins to blast off from rockets into the sky. Snail-tective, the cop, and Renegade all gasp. 

"Will our heroes make it out alright? Find out next week on Snail-tective, true believers!" the narrator said.

"If only finding someone could be that easy for me, but I'm close, maybe..." Skipper said.

"What are you doing?" a guard asked, entering the room.

"With this spell, I may be able to find where Ramos is. Next, add a pinch of silver dust..." Skipper said, throwing silver dust from a bag into the cauldron.

"What if it doesn't work?" the guard asked.

"I have to try something." Skipper said.

"I admire your efforts, but shouldn't you also be campaigning for king? You barely have a presence in the polls, and the election is in a few months." the guard pointed out.

"I don't care anymore. I thought being king would be fun at first, but now it's a drag. I don't care about these policies and smolicies, I want a break from this nonsense." Skipper sighed.

"I'm sorry sir, but there's nobody else to become king. We've no clue where Brak is, and this "Stump" is a threat..." the guard said.

"...Who's Stump?" Skipper asked, confused.

"A tree stump that for some reason, and I don't care to know why, is gaining popularity for the election." the guard said, changing the channel to a news report.

"Here we have Mr. Stump, an...er, inanimate object, that is somehow leading in several polls." the news reporter said.

The tree stump is shown on a stage. It has two sticks coming out of its body like hands, and has a smiley face carved on the front. 

"GO STUMP!" several crowd members yelled.

"...Really? I'm losing to that creepy thing? Whatever, not my problem." Skipper said uncaringly.

"It'll be your problem if you can't find Ramos." the guard said.

"No worries, I have a lead. I just need one more ingredient for this spell to work: the venom of a Scorperian. Unfortunately, Skorpos is in jail, so finding one will be hard..." Skipper said, when another guard entered.

"Skipper sir, former king Edward is here to see you!" the guard said.

"...He is? Oh dear..." Skipper said nervously.

Edward gets out of the limo. He slams a metal sword cane to the ground, using it to help him walk. He approaches the entrance, startling the guards.

"Edward, sir...welcome..." one said, letting him through. He kept walking using his cane, and headed for the throne room with his two guards.

The doors open, as Skipper sits on the throne, gulping. Many soldiers and senators are inside waiting for him. Edward enters, slamming his cane to the ground, making a metal click each time he walks. Skipper gets up, greeting him.

"...H-hello Ed, it's been a long time. May I offer you some tea?" Skipper asked.

"...Don't call me Ed, you know I hate being called that." Edward said angrily, twitching his right eye.

"Sorry Edward. Still want tea?" Skipper offered.

"Later. I have something urgent to discuss. I've been told recently about what has happened. As you know, Central Karmania belongs to the rebel scum, after our family worked so hard at conquering it for 50 years. The Battlestar is defeated, and most of the Federation has been driven out. To top off this horrid list, now my son is missing..." Edward said angrily.

"Yes, I know that's all terrible, but I'm working on a way to find Ramos!" Skipper replied.

Edward lets out a cold laugh.

"Not him. I meant Brak. I don't care what happened to that fool Ramos, I want to know where Brak went." Edward said uncaringly.

Some of the soldiers are upset by Edward's rudeness, and Skipper isn't sure how to respond.

"I'm...sorry, I didn't know Brak went missing, I swear." Skipper replied.

"Hmm...he does like to do things on his own, so I can believe that. Regardless, he is next in line for the throne, and I want him as king. Find him, make yourself useful for once." Edward demanded to Skipper, slamming his staff to the floor.

"Yes...I can use my spell to find Brak." Skipper replied hesitantly.

"Good. You can stay in charge until the election, but I don't want you winning. As you've proven, you're useless in war strategy. I'll take up the task of finishing the rebels myself. I'm forming my own group...the Neo Federation." Edward announced, slamming his cane to the floor, surprising everyone.

Skipper isn't sure how to respond, but is happy he doesn't have to run for king anymore.

"Your own group?" Skipper asked.

"Yes, with the help of a new ally, we can crush the rebels once and for all. But I no longer need your services. You can stay in charge of Posidonia, but we'll take care of Karmania. Any of you that wish to join the new Federation, come with me. I'll give you strength and actual strategy." Edward offered.

Multiple soldiers and senators walked off, taking Edward's side, but several stayed behind.

"Hmph. Very well then. If you get in my way Skipper, you don't want to find out what the punishment will be. Understood?" Edward threatened to him.

"Yes sir." Skipper replied nervously.

"Good. I'll take that tea now..." Edward said.

Skipper gives him tea, and Edward drinks it.

"...Passable. Come my army." Edward said, as he walks off with multiple senators and soldiers.

"Sorry Skipper." one said, leaving him.

Skipper sits back on his throne, as they all left. 

"Don't worry boss, we're still loyal to you!" one of the two dumb guards said, as they were by his side.

"Yeah, we'll never leave you!" the other said.

"At least now I don't have to be the next king, I guess that's one positive to this bad day. I have to find the venom..." Skipper pondered, pulling out his portal opening scissors. 

At Cynthia's house, Tori and Cynthia are seen in the kitchen making the muffins.

"Alright, so we'll make chocolate muffins. Does that sound good?" Tori asked.

"Sure, whatever." Cynthia said, getting ingredients out.

"Don't sound so apathetic, this could be a nice bonding experience." Tori replied.

"Couldn't we have done this tomorrow?" Cynthia asked.

"We could've, but I'd rather not wing them on the due date, trust me, I've learned that the hard way with projects." Tori replied, and Julia walks in after hearing them talking.

"Can I have a muffin when they're all done?" Julia asked to Cynthia.

"Maybe later, but these are for the school, so only one, got it? Now go away!" Cynthia replied annoyed, as Julia left.

"Jerk." Julia replied, annoyed.

"Alright, now the only ingredient we need is...baking soda." Tori said, reading the paper.

Cynthia looks through the cabinets, but is unable to find any baking soda.

"We have a small problem...there is none." Cynthia replied.

"Really? The one ingredient you don't have?" Tori asked annoyed. 

"Don't ask me, ask my parents." Cynthia said.

"Just go to the store and buy baking soda." Tori said.

"Fine..." Cynthia said annoyed, as she leaves the house.

Skipper is seen exploring a Karmanian jungle.

"There has to be a Scorperian around here somewhere..." Skipper pondered, as he kept looking.

He makes his way through a clearing, seeing a red scorpion resembling Skorpos. It drinks water from a river.

"Aha, there's one. Now I need to get its venom..." Skipper said, getting out a tube. 

Skipper slowly walks out of the bush, and approaches the creature. He gets the tube ready, when the scorpion hears him step on a branch. It quickly turns around, growls, and shoots a poison blast at him. Skipper throws an apple at it, shielding himself from the blast. The apple melts, and he shoots dark electricity at the scorpion. It flinches, as Skipper heads for its tail. It shoots the tail, but he avoids it, and sends another electric shock at the scorpion. It circles around the scorpion, distracting it. Skipper quickly jams the tube at the end of its tail, and venom fills inside. The scorpion breaks free from the electricity, and shoots more poison blasts at Skipper. He shoots another electricity blast at it, and throws two bagels right at its eyes.

"Haha, later, sucker!" Skipper said, running off with the venom. The scorpion shakes the bagels off, and growls.

Cynthia exits the store with the baking soda bag. 

"That was easier than I expected." Cynthia said, surprised.

Skipper is seen exiting Sal Bundy's Shoe Store, holding a box in one hand, and his venom test tube in the other.

"Good thing I stopped to get these fancy new shoes, I've needed a new pair for a while, maybe they can help my blues..." Skipper said.

Cynthia was texting on her phone, not paying attention to what was ahead of her. Skipper kept looking at his new shoes, not looking at what was ahead of him either. The two then accidentally bumped into each other. Skipper trips and falls, as his venom bottle falls out of his hand, and most of it is seen spilling onto Cynthia's baking soda bag. It quickly burns into the bag. Skipper got up annoyed, as did Cynthia.

"Hey, watch where you're going!..." the two said to each other, and the two were surprised seeing each other.

"...I must go now." Skipper said, as he grabbed the venom and shoe box, running off.

"Weirdo." Cynthia said, as she shrugged, picking up the baking soda bag, and kept walking.

Inside the baking soda bag, the venom is seen pouring in, and drops into the baking soda...

Skipper is seen entering his room, and gets the venom ready.

"Wait a minute, I'm missing some of my venom! Dangit...I must have spilled some of it thanks to that rude girl...well hopefully this is still enough..." Skipper said.

He poured the remaining venom into his cauldron. However, nothing happened, confusing Skipper. He rereads the book.

"I need a full tube of venom for this to work...curses! Back to hunting, hopefully that thing didn't run too far..." Skipper sighed.

Cynthia returns to her house, putting the baking soda bag on the kitchen table.

"Wow, I'm impressed you didn't mess it up." Tori said.

"Yeah yeah, now shut up and let's make muffins." Cynthia said.

"I thought you didn't care about making them." Tori replied.

"I didn't, but hey, this is a good test for my baking skills, and besides, I can't wait to eat one or two when they're done." Cynthia said.

Eventually, they finished the muffins. Cynthia puts on oven mitts, and takes them out of the oven. 

"They smell good." Tori said.

"Can I have one now?" Julia asked, entering.

"No, they literally just got out of the oven! You can wait until tomorrow like everyone else." Cynthia replied, as Julia walked off annoyed.

"You better hide them somewhere safe." Tori said.

"Oh, don't worry, I will. I'll make sure they are somewhere she can't get them." Cynthia replied, as Julia overheard, smiling.

Cynthia and Tori take the chocolate muffins away in trays. They are seen moving strangely...

The next day, the gang is seen outside school again.

"How did your muffin making go?" Madison asked.

"It was easier than I expected. I'm just excited to eat one." Cynthia said.

"I can't wait to have one tonight either." Audrey said.

Colress eyes the five curiously, and walks back inside the school.

Skipper is seen on the throne, tired and annoyed.

"I've had no luck finding that Scorperean...if only that stupid girl didn't get in my way..." Skipper said, sighing.

"Hey boss, the Posidonia Fields High School is having a fair today! I hear there's going to be delicious foods like muffins, pizza, and more..." one of the dumb guards said.

"That's nice...wait a minute...muffins..." Skipper said, realizing.

He recalls his venom spilling yesterday, and remembers how Cynthia was holding a bag of baking soda.

"Oh no...if that girl was making muffins for the fair..." Skipper said, having a realization.

He runs off in a hurry.

"Where is he going?" one of the dumb guards asked.

"He probably realized he's missing a new My Little Seahorse!" the other replied.

"Is there even a new one today?" the first asked.

"I dunno, but let's find out!" the other replied.

Julia sneaks into Cynthia's room, trying to find the muffins. 

"Aha, here they are!" Julia said, finding the trays wrapped in tinfoil under her bed. "One won't hurt..."

She takes off the tinfoil from a tray, and grabs a muffin. She takes a bite, and suddenly feels odd. She begins to transform, as a scorpion tail rips out of her, and she grows scorpion claws, resembling the scorpion Skipper faced earlier. Her eyes turn yellow, and she growls, running around the room. Her father enters, and is shocked upon seeing Julia's scorpion form. She shoots a poison blast from her mouth at him, and he dodges. It burns into the wall.

"Julia dear, are you alright?!" Her dad asked, shocked.

He sees the muffin on the ground, and Julia keeps trying to attack him.

"Is this some weird allergic reaction?" her dad asked, extremely confused, trying to tame her.

He is seen downstairs, still avoiding Julia, and calls his wife.

"Viola, is Julia allergic to anything?" he asked concerned, and avoids another poison blast from Julia. 

"Not that I know of, Herbert. What's the issue?" Viola asked.

"She's acting very...odd, and quite frankly, rude! Stop it!" Herbert said annoyed.

"I'll be home in forty minutes, then we'll investigate." Viola replied, as the call ended.

"Oh boy." Herbert said nervously, as Julia growled. Herbert gulped.

She chases him outback. Cynthia enters, running upstairs to her room. She sees the unfinished muffin on the ground, getting angry.

"Ugh...that brat. I am so going to punish her when this is over!" Cynthia said, as she got the trays from under her bed, and headed downstairs. She goes back outside, meeting with Elana, the guardians, and knights.

"I can't wait to have a delicious muffin, even though I'm not a student, but still, the school fair is for anybody!" Nick said.

"I'm sure they look good." Cameron said.

"It feels like forever since we've hung out. I can't wait for the fair, and these muffins." Elana said.

"Trust me, I...I mean, we, made sure they were perfect!" Cynthia bragged.

"AAAAHHHH!!!" Herbert yelled, confusing them all.

"...Was that your dad?" Tori asked.

"It was...I hope he's okay." Cynthia said confused, as she heads back inside with the rest. The knights help guide Cameron to outside.

"What the..." Madison was saying, seeing Herbert hiding in a tree, as the scorpion Julia was trying to climb up it.

"Cynthia, friends, help!" Herbert cried, avoiding a poison blast.

"What happened?" Cynthia asked, concerned.

"She apparently ate one of your muffins, and went all crazy, like some reaction! I think she might be allergic to chocolate..." Herbert pondered.

Tori and Cynthia look at each other.

"She can't be allergic to chocolate... What did you put in the muffins!?" Cynthia asked Tori.

"I could ask you, did you get the right baking soda?" Tori asked.

Zero scans the muffins Cynthia is holding, and becomes worried.

"It appears Scorparean DNA is in the muffins, according to my analysis. Anybody who eats them will transform into...that." Zero said, pointing to Julia, who headed for them.

Julia jumps up, and is about to attack Cynthia, but Tori picks up a shovel on the ground, and whacks Julia aside with it.

"Hey, she's still my sister!" Cynthia said.

"I mean, it was either that or getting your face eaten." Tori said.

"Fine, thanks... But how is there scorpwhatever in the muffins?" Cynthia asked Zero.

"I do not know, but using my stone's power, I may be able to pull the essence out of the muffins. Keep Julia busy." Zero said.

"We can't really transform with him here..." Jake said, seeing Herbert in the tree, closing his eyes.

"Okay, if I open my eyes, maybe she'll go away..." Herbert said, as he opened, and saw Julia jump up, making him flinch. "Nope, didn't work! Oh well, second time's a charm..."

Zero concentrates on the muffin trays, and shines his silver stone. An essence is pulled out of all of them, and absorbed into stone.

"Alright, the DNA is removed from these, therefore, no other civilians will transform." Zero said.

"Thanks doc, but...maybe not. We actually gave some muffins early to the school staff...whoops." Tori said awkwardly.

"Great..." Madison said, trying to tame Julia, but she jumped over her.

"Ugh, they probably ate them by now!" Cynthia said.

"If I can obtain venom from Julia, perhaps I can try to make a cure." Zero said.

While Herbert still had his eyes closed, Tori shot a water blast at Julia, knocking her down. Cynthia then made vines rise up all around her body, tail, and claws, trapping her. Zero gets a sample from Julia's tail, as she spit a poison blast at him, but he avoids it. He puts the venom in a test tube.

"With this, I might, key word: might, be able to make a cure, but no promises." Zero said.

"Man, this is a...muffin mess." Nick said.

"Clever." Tori replied.

"Cynthia, do you have any idea how the venom got in the muffins?" Elana asked.

"Maybe one. Yesterday when I was getting baking soda, that weird butler guy bumped into me a like a jerk. Maybe he put some curse on my baking soda!" Cynthia theorized.

"I don't know if he'd do that, something is missing..." Cameron pondered.

"Whatever caused it, let's get to the school and stop the teachers from eating the muffins. Cameron, Zero and Nick, you guys stay here and make sure she doesn't break free." Jake ordered.

"Yes sir!" Nick saluted.

Jake and the girls ran off. Herbert opens his eyes, seeing Julia trapped by the vines.

"Well...I guess it's a start." Herbert said, as he slid down the tree. "You three, can you help her?"

"I may be able to undo her...reaction." Zero said, analyzing the test tube. 

"Thank you so much. Say...who even are you three anyways? I've never seen you with Cynthia before..." Herbert asked curiously.

"I'm Nick, Nick Carson, but you can call me Nick if it's easiest. We're uh...special friends of your daughter." Nick said, shaking his hand.

"I'm Zero, and that's Cameron." Zero introduced, as Julia kept growling.

"After this mess is settled, I am never letting her have chocolate ever again!" Herbert said.

The remaining heroes are seen headed to the school, as the fair is about to start. A stand is reserved for Tori and Cynthia's muffins, who place their trays there. 

"Hopefully we can have some later, if there's any left." Audrey said.

They headed inside the school. Skipper is seen hiding behind a tree outside the school, and sees them heading inside. He follows behind secretly.

Inside a lounge room, Mrs. Lenden, Mr. Flinch, Colress, an unnamed teacher, and Rotwell are inside.

"Do you want these delicious muffins Tori and Cynthia made?" Mr. Flinch asked them.

"No thank you. They say chocolate is great, however...I disagree." Colress said, walking out of the room.

"No! I'm allergic to chocolate, so I'm abgang!" Rotwell said, leaving the room angrily.

"Suit yourselves." the unnamed teacher said, as the teachers ate the muffins.

They began to get reactions, and transformed into scorpion creatures like Julia did. The three burst out of the lounge, rampaging through the hallways, as their tails scrape against lockers. The heroes are seen inside. The teachers let out loud growls.

"...Did you guys hear that?" Elana asked.

"Yeah, and it definitely wasn't my stomach..." Tori said.

"We're too late, we need to contain them before they ruin the fair." Madison said.

Audrey enhances her hearing, hearing where the growls came from.

"It sounds like they're in different hallways." Audrey said.

"We can divide and conquer. Tori and Cynthia can go down this hall, Audrey and Jake can go down that hall, while Elana and I can go down that one." Madison said, pointing in directions.

They agreed. Madison lets out an electricity ball at a security camera, disabling the network. She transforms the girls with the heart, and Jake activates his knight stone. Tori and Cynthia appear near the west entrance, and hear growling from behind a corner. They look to see the scorpion Mr. Flinch, who smells around.

"The one who got us into this mess in the first place, fitting..." Cynthia said.

"Eh, it was mostly my fault, I shouldn't have forced you." Tori said.

"It's cool, and I also messed up the baking soda, even though it was mostly the butler's fault, but we all messed up today." Cynthia said.

Skipper bursts through the west entrance, seeing Tori and Cynthia. Mr. Flinch sees him, and charges.

"What are you doing here!?" Tori asked, as they avoided attacks from Mr. Flinch. Tori sent an aquatic blast, and Cynthia used her telekinesis to open a locker, sending books flying at him.

"I know my venom accidentally got into your muffin recipe, and for that, I apologize. I have the antidote." Skipper said, holding out a spray bottle.

"You're helping us?" Cynthia asked, confused.

"Your friend Cameron helped me in the ice cavern, so I'm going to repay the favor." Skipper said, tossing the spray bottle to Tori. Skipper shoots a dark electricity blast at Mr. Flinch, making him fall back.

"Why can't you use it, lazy bones?" Tori asked.

"I need the venom for a potion. I promise it's not evil, let me take it, and I'll be gone." Skipper said, avoiding a tail shot.

He threw a muffin at Mr. Flinch's face, and shot an electricity blast, knocking him over. He grabbed his tail, and put the venom in the test tube.

"Well...thanks." Cynthia said, as Skipper ran off.

Mr. Flinch got up, and shot poison blasts. Tori is about to spray him, but he shoots his tail in the way. Cynthia taunts him, as he charges, but she swims out of the way, and he slams into the lockers. Tori quickly sprays him in the face with the antidote. Mr. Flinch turns back to normal, as he falls to the ground knocked out.

"Good work, but I can't believe that creepy butler helped us..." Cynthia said.

"Who knows what his game is, now let's help the rest." Tori said.

Jake and Audrey are chased by Mrs. Lenden's scorpion form, while Madison and Elana fight off the other teacher's form. Madison is in her guardian form, and throws an electricity ball, stunning it. Elana shines a light blast from her hand, blinding the beast. Jake slices at Mrs. Lenden's scorpion form.

"Be careful, that's still Mrs. Lenden." Audrey warned, as she sent a gust.

The two keep running, and go out two doors, taking them to the back of the school. Cynthia and Tori notice, and run after. As Elana and Madison keep fighting their enemy, Elana notices them headed outside from around a corner.

"Maddie, this way!" Elana said, as they went out. The scorpion chases them, as they regroup outside. Both scorpions attacked the six heroes.

"Guys, we have an antidote for them! We cured Mr. Flinch!" Cynthia said, holding the spray people.

"How did you get one?" Audrey asked.

"No time to explain, just watch this!" Cynthia said, as Mrs. Lenden approaches.

She makes vines rise up, trapping her. Elana shined a light blast, knocking her back. Cynthia quickly sprayed Mrs. Lenden, transforming her back to normal, and she is passed out.

"Great job, there's one more!" Madison said, throwing an electricity ball at the remaining scorpion, blocking it with his tail.

Elana sent another light blast at his face, blinding him. Tori knocks him around with a whirlpool blast, and Cynthia traps him in vines, but breaks one off with his claw. Cynthia dodges a poison blast, and tossed the antidote to Tori. She quickly floats down and sprays him, transforming the teacher back to normal, who passes out.

Colress is shown to have been watching the fight the whole time from a window, and smiles. Madison turns the girls back to normal, and Jake powers down.

"It was fun to help you guys again." Elana said.

"Now we just need to cure my sister. I'll go, be back soon." Cynthia said.

Cynthia runs into the backyard, spraying the antidote on Julia, turning her back to normal.

"Thank you so much, I knew you cared for her despite your bickering!" Herbert said.

"Where did you get that? I was close to finding a cure, oh well." Zero asked.

"Sorry doc, but I made your job easier. At least she's okay. I'll explain later, come to the fair!" Cynthia said, running off.

The knights follow, as Herbert is relieved. Julia wakes up confused.

"What happened?" Julia asked.

"Julia, I don't know how to tell you this, but I fear...you're allergic to chocolate. I'm sorry." Herbert said.

"No fair!" Julia cried.

Several people arrive at the stand, including Trent with Cassidy and Valina, who eat the muffins.

"Wow, these are really good, great work guys!" Trent said

"This is pretty good." Cassidy said.

"Not bad." Valina said.

"It was no problem!" Cynthia said.

"Actually there was, but it's all good." Tori said awkwardly.

"I don't know what happened earlier, but great muffins!" Mr. Flinch said, eating one, and walks off.

The rest of the gang eat the muffins, enjoying them.

"Great job!" Elana said.

"I may not see it, but I can taste it's good." Cameron said.

"I think we deserve to eat our own creation after everything." Tori said to Cynthia.

The two eat the muffins, enjoying them.

"I can't believe Skipper helped you, maybe he's not so bad..." Madison said.

"We'll see." Cynthia said.

Skipper enters his room. He pours the venom into the cauldron, and a portal appears.

"I can only do this once..." Skipper said.

He thought of what Edward said earlier, and is unsure whether to say Ramos or Brak.

"...King Ramos." Skipper sighed.

The portal shows Ramos in Beast's dimension, as he relaxes on a stone chair. He looks into the portal, confused.

"Skipper!? I told you I don't want to be found! Leave me alone!" Ramos said angrily.

"Sir, I'm sorry, but I need you back. Your father is angry, and wants Brak to become the next king..." Skipper said.

"Meh...I don't care anymore. I need a vacation from this nonsense. This is paradise! No morons, or family, or especially guardians and knights, to bug me!" Ramos said.

"Where are you?" Skipper asked.

"I don't know or care. I'm not coming back. I'm done being king, Brak can deal with my issues! Tell the morons of Posidonia I'm retiring!" Ramos said, surprising Skipper, as the portal shrunk.

"Well...goodbye, I guess." Skipper said.

"Don't be sad, now neither of us have to worry about the guardians! Mr. Beast is the only company I need here!" Ramos said happily.

"...Mr. Beast?" Skipper asked.

The portal closes, and the spell ends. Skipper sadly walks outside, as the angry mob from earlier is there.

"Time's up, butler! We're barging in!" a crowd member said.

"You want the truth? Ramos is tired, and doesn't want to see any of you. He's not running for the next election, he wants a break. He didn't want me to tell you for the longest time, but now I have to. Tell your friends. I'm...sorry." Skipper said to them.

"Oh...we'll miss him," a crowd member said, as they all are sad.

They sadly walked off, as Skipper goes back inside.

Edward is seen in an unknown location.

"I'm glad you accept my offer. I promise, I'll help unlock the mysteries of the sea you desperately want." Edward spoke to someone in the shadows.

Colress steps out of the shadows, smiling.

_______

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Stump

-Area Debuts: The Hidden Kingdom and Sal Bundy's Shoe Store

-"Scorperian" is revealed to be a Karmanian beast species, which Skorpos (from Season 1) is off-handedly mentioned to be a part of.

-Rotwell is revealed to be allergic to chocolate.

-Cynthia and Julia's parents are revealed to be named Herbert and Viola.

-First time Edward physically appears. He was previously in a dream "In Dreams", a statue in "Rotwell Files", and in a flashback in "Magnum Opus".

-Skipper is no longer running to be king, losing interest in it due to his depression. He also tells the public Ramos is no longer running, making two people out of the king race.

-Sal Bundy is a reference to Al Bundy from "Married with Children".

-This is the second episode where Jake is the only knight to transform (the first being "Eyes").

-The royal Central Karmania army moves its main base to the Hidden Kingdom, a secret, invisible kingdom in-between Central and Western Karmania.

-

Edward splits from the old Federation and forms his own group, the "Neo Federation", to take care of the heroes once and for all.

-

Colress is revealed to be a part of the Neo Federation, and he learns the girls's secrets.

• Like 3

This was an excellent return, Jjs. I feel like this premiere totally gave off a new vibe, that I am confident will carry through the rest of the season. There was so many little humorous jokes/moments that you managed to incorporate without it seeming like overkill. Both of the plots with Skipper trying to find Ramos, and Tori/Cynthia baking were done well and I liked the intersection between them. The new characters' introductions were handled well. Edward (Finally appearing in physical, present day form) was a trip, but I'm interested in seeing what he'll do from here. Colress seems to be all-knowing right now, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he has planned. I also still feel awful for Cameron. Hoepfully we'll get an episode that really spotlights his new condition. I also liked the new kingdom - it fit the vibe of how the show has changed with this season. Overall, I think this premiere, the new vibe, and the new characters and stories were handled splendidly.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jjsthekid said:

so it doesn't stop others from investigating the Silent Hills.

So some in this universe are interested in P.T. conspiracies, who would have thought. Of course, I'm joking. I know it's also only a coincidence that no one in this world wants to have adventures in the Underground City.

Sweet premiere, had me chuckling a lot. I love Skipper so much now. He's a great fighter, not a bad guy deep down, and he had the balls to go against Edward despite his threats and tell off the crowd. That is cool.

• Like 3

Good to see MG returns for 3rd season, I really liked the new characters being intrroduced, and Edward (finally) appears physically. I look forward to see what's this new villain in stores for s3 which Coltess is interesting character. Tori & Cythn sure do have a great teamwork even though they don't get along helping each other. I feel awful for Skipper though he isn't too bad at all., so that's nice change somewhat works :P

But yeah, great season premiere, Jjs. :plankton2:

• Like 1

54. Nick: The Wizard

Colress is seen with Edward, walking around the Neo Federation base. The soldiers wore black outfits and armor, as opposed to the grey armor the normal Federation soldiers wore.

"I once again thank you for joining this operation. As I explained, these terrorists have taken over Central Karmania. I must stop them, they are ruining the Federation's hard work. The others have failed to stop them, so I am taking charge. I want your smarts to help defeat them. By helping us, you will become famous, wealthy and powerful." Edward explained to him, as Colress looked at the machinery around.

"I will do what I can to serve my allies. However...I believe you need a different approach to taking on the miscreants. In order to defeat the enemy, you must know them. Not simply their battle tactics, but everything about them. Their history, personality, and more..." Colress replied.

"How do you plan to do this?" Edward asked.

"Believe me, I'm already a step ahead." Colress smiled.

"Very well then. I know I can rely on your brain to help us out." Edward said.

"I am not a war strategist, I am just a realist. I'd like to visit Karmania one day, it will help in my searches. I've always suspected the legends surrounding it were true. After all, legends have to come from somewhere..." Colress replied.

"Lord Edward, the beast is ready. Should we send it?" a soldier asked him, saluting.

"Yes. Send it as a demonstration, we will use it to help his research." Edward said.

The heroes are seen inside the Hidden Kingdom, exploring around. 

"Hey Ranen, is Mt. Spire okay now?" Jake asked to him.

"Yes, Mt. Spire has been repaired since the incident. Thorn and Morgana are still missing however, but at least the Federation does not know its location." Ranen said.

Nick is seen looking at the sky. 

"It's amazing that wizard hid this place with magic. You know, I'd love to be a wizard one day. Imagine me with magical powers...yes, I see it. Nick: The Wizard..." Nick pondered, imagining himself with a green wizard hat and wizard robes. He casts a spell that gives him unlimited pizzas. "Yup..."

"You being a wizard would be...interesting." Cynthia said awkwardly. 

"That's an understatement." Tori replied.

"Unfortunately, that probably won't happen, so this is just a dream..." Nick sighed.

"Hey, keep dreaming, maybe someday it can come true." Madison reassured.

"How do you even become a wizard in Karmania?" Jake wondered.

"It requires lots of practice, and passing a trial by Luna, the watcher of magic in Karmania. That will make you a certified wizard or sorceress in Karmania." Ranen explained.

"Oh yeah, that council girl, she's cool. Hmm...tempting offer..." Nick wondered.

"It's not an easy trial to pass. Even the greatest wizards and sorceresses have failed. Of course, even if they fail, that doesn't stop some from cheating by using dark magic to get around it." Ranen explained.

"Oh no, I'm not a cheater, so I wouldn't resort to that. The only time I'd ever consider cheating at something is for my chess games with Zero, since I've lost to him like 100 times now..." Nick said.

"Actually, it's 132 times." Zero corrected.

"That just makes it even worse! I need to win at something, plus, being a wizard should be my next character. First I'm a detective, then I'm a track racer, then I'm a cowboy, and the only next logical thing is to become a wizard! Maybe next I could become a superhero, but one thing at a time." Nick said.

"Well...good luck with that." Audrey said.

"Hey Cameron, what do you think of my wizard idea?" Nick asked to him, as he was seen sitting on a rock, away from the gang.

"Oh, sorry. Go for it, I guess." Cameron replied.

"What are you looking at...I mean, doing?" Nick asked, realizing his mistake.

"I'm just concentrating. It feels as if there's a magical presence here, according to my knight stone. It's as if something is calling to me..." Cameron wondered.

"Feel free to investigate, because I'm taking this trial!" Nick said determined.

"Nick, do you even actually know any magic spells?" Zero asked.

"Uh...well, there's "Abracadabra" and "Alakazam"...yeah that's it. But I also have this magic green stone if that counts." Nick replied.

"Not really, this trial is about actual magic spells and skills." Zero replied.

"Aw...I guess I have no chance then..." Nick sighed.

"There is about a 12.345% chance of you passing the trial in your current state. However, with studying, perhaps that percentage will go higher." Zero said.

"That kind of makes me better...sure doc! You tutor Madison, so maybe you can tutor me too!" Nick offered.

"I'm not a wizard, but there is a place we can go to study magic spell books: The Ye Olde Book Store." Zero said.

"Oh yeah, that place with the dude who protected the creepy stone. Sure, let's go." Nick recalled.

"Alright then, you two may go." Ranen said, opening the forcefield with the two totem poles. 

"Thank you commander, I promise we'll be back soon." Zero said.

"Thanks for coming with me, doc! Maybe with your brains I can pass this trial!" Nick said.

"Don't get too overconfident." Zero replied, as they walked through the forcefield.

"While they're doing that, I have something I want to investigate in this place." Cameron said, getting up.

"I'll come, you can't just walk around alone." Jake offered.

"I know, thanks." Cameron replied, as they walked off.

"Welp, that leaves us girls alone with you." Tori said to Ranen.

"Actually, now it's just you girls, as I have to discuss important plans with the army." Ranen said, walking off into an abandoned stone structure. 

"Just us four now, what should we do?" Audrey asked.

"I dunno, want to train?" Madison asked, holding out the heart.

"Sure, I have nothing better to do today." Cynthia replied, as they transformed.

Jake is seen helping Cameron walk through the Hidden Kingdom, heading into the outskirts beyond the rebel base.

"What do you want to investigate?" Jake asked.

"My stone feels there is a strange presence here, and it is not us." Cameron said.

"Interesting, what do you think it could be?" Jake asked.

"Not a clue, but there's something here." Cameron said.

Jake noticed his stone shining a blue light north.

"I think your stone is guiding us to whatever this is." Jake said.

"I feel it too. We'll follow the light then." Cameron said, as they kept walking.

Nick and Zero arrive inside the Ye Olde Book Store. Beesle gasps, and greets them.

"Ah, hello my friends, it has been a while! You are forever in my debt for helping me get the stone back." Beesle said, excited to see them.

"It was no problem. Do you have any books on wizards, spells, and all that good stuff?" Nick asked.

"Oh why yes, yes, I have plenty! For my friends, you can have the books half off!" Beesle said.

"Sweet, thanks so much old dude!" Nick replied.

"Hey now, I ain't that old!" Beesle said.

"Is the evil stone still safe in your possession?" Zero asked.

"Ah yes, it's safe and dormant inside this book. Jay has been guarding it." Beesle said, laughing, as his pet turtle Jay is seen sleeping on the book.

Zero and Nick look around in the magic spell book section. They take books of interest, and put them at the checkout counter. Zero pays with Keso coins, making Beesle happy.

"Thank you for your patronage, you're welcome back anytime!" Beesle said, as the two waved goodbye, and left.

"Hey doc, where did you get those Keso coins from? You aren't Karmanian...at least I think you aren't..." Nick wondered.

"Ranen let us have them in case we needed to buy something from this world, remember?" Zero replied.

"Oh yeah, I have some stashed away in the dojo. Alright, let's look at these cool spells!" Nick said, as he flipped through pages.

"Not yet Nick. Now you need a magic item to do the spells." Zero said.

"Oh right, where can we get one of those?" Nick asked.

"There's a magic shop nearby." Zero replied, as they headed to it.

Meanwhile, Cameron and Jake made their way to a pit. They walk down into it, to see a strange rock formation in the center, almost resembling a dragon. It has a rock beard on its face.

"This is where the stone guided us to...but I don't see anything weird, other than that rock statue." Jake said, looking at the dragon.

"Perhaps there's more than meets the eye to the statue you see." Cameron said.

"You mean...this thing is the magical presence?" Jake asked, inspecting it.

"That's what it feels like." Cameron said.

Suddenly, the stone dragon began to move, and rose up. Its eyes glowed green, as it stared at Jake and Cameron, stretching. Jake was startled, while Cameron could not tell what was happening.

"Oh my...that was a long nap. Greetings travelers. I am the great Grador. What brings you to my den?" Grador asked.

"Yup, this is the magical presence." Jake said, stunned.

Nick and Zero are seen headed to the magic shop. Nick peaked into a book of spells out of curiosity.

"Even if I don't have a magic object, let me practice saying some of these funny spell names. Bagelius!" Nick yelled.

Suddenly, his green stone glowed, and it let out a magic blast at a barrel, turning it into a bunch of bagels. Zero and Nick are shocked upon seeing this.

"Uh...my stone did it, no really, it did." Nick said.

"Fascinating...it appears your stone can now use spells." Zero said.

"Isn't that cheating though? Don't I need a wand? I know there was this book series about a kid who became a wizard, and got a cool wand, oh, and they got turned into movies..." Nick rambled.

"You do not necessarily need a wand. Magic can be channeled through other objects as well, and your knight stone is one of them. Of course, you still need practice to master more complex spells." Zero said.

"Abra...tadabra...um, zadabra!" Nick yelled, reading a spell, and trying to use his stone. It sent a weak magic blast five inches in front of him, and it faded away.

"That for example, is a complex spell. You need full concentration to use the magic spells. There should be helpful tips in the other books, including perfect stances for several of the spells." Zero said.

"Alright doc, I'll do my best! I'll become the best wizard that no one ever was!" Nick said.

Back at the Hidden Kingdom, Grador looked at Jake and Cameron.

"Hello Grador. I may not be able to see you, but I am Cameron Rhodes, and that is Jake Landers. We are knights of Karmania." Cameron said, as Grador looked at their stones.

"Hmm...knights, eh? I haven't seen those in a long time. I'm a legendary beast who has seen many things over the years." Grador reminisced. 

"Why are you here?" Jake asked.

"I am an ancient guardian of this lost kingdom, controlling the element of Earth. Using my magic, I keep the flora here alive." Grador said, as Jake looked at the flowers in the pit.

"My stone guided me to you, I don't know why." Cameron said.

"You must want something...perhaps help?" Grador asked.

"Possibly. I am blind, I lost my vision in a fight. It's been a pain to deal with, and I've felt useless to the team." Cameron said, taking off his mask, and showing his white eyes. "Maybe...you can help me learn to fight without seeing?"

"Hmm...I could, only if you are willing." Grador offered.

"I will, great Grador." Cameron replied, bowing.

"I cannot fix your blindness, but I can help guide you through it." Grador replied.

"Wow, you sure are eager to help." Jake said.

"I am just doing the right thing. I do not take a side, I just help those who seek it." Grador said.

"Thank you...uh...sir, whatever you like being called." Cameron said, as Grador laughed.

"Any name is welcome to me now. Now, let us begin the training." Grador said.

Nick is seen training with Zero at Mud Valley.

"Ah, Mud Valley, one of the filthiest places, but also one of the best to train." Nick said.

"Remember: Become one with the stone. Keep a perfect focus and stance when doing the spells. Also, say the words properly." Zero reminded.

"I gotcha doc. Alright, let's try this one: Leviutius movius!" Nick said, as he concentrated. His stone glowed, making mud levitate in the air.

"Perfect, now send it flying with another spell to hit that dummy." Zero said, pointing to a test dummy stuck in the ground.

"Uh...let's look through the action spells, luckily I studied the sections extensively...whoa, cool word, before coming here. Alright...Hitius targetius!" Nick said, pointing to the dummy.

The stone made the mud go flying at the dummy, but it missed. 

"Try again." Zero said.

Nick stood still, and concentrated again. He levitated the mud with the first spell, and sent it flying at the dummy.

"Yay, I did it! I kind of wish I had a wand though, it's hard to point with this stone..." Nick said.

"...Perhaps you could turn the stone into a wand?" Zero wondered.

"Could I?" Nick asked.

"You could. Look for a transformation spell, and using it, you may be able to turn that stone into a wand." Zero suggested.

Nick looks around, and finds a transformation spell.

"Alright, say this, and concentrate on what I want to turn it into." Nick read.

"Think of a wand, nothing else." Zero said.

"Alright, I won't think of a jet-pack...no, wand it is. Transformian objectius!" Nick said, holding out the green stone.

The stone glows, as it transforms. It turns into a green stone wand, as Nick holds it.

"Wow, I wonder if I can still transform into a knight with this thing." Nick wondered, as he waved it around.

"Later we can figure that out, but for now, keep practicing spells." Zero said.

Nick nodded, and found another. He says the spell, and points his wand. It sends a blast at Zero, turning him into a frog. He gives an angry ribbit and look.

"Oops...sorry dude, still need practice." Nick said, as he changed Zero back.

Cameron and Jake are seen in the pit with Grador. 

"Are you prepared, Cameron Rhodes?" Grador asked.

"Yes." Cameron replied.

"Very well. This will not be easy. You will do this alone, so your friend can only watch." Grador said, as Jake understood, standing off to the side.

Grador's eyes glowed. He makes rocks around float up, and turn into four small golem enemies. 

"There are four enemies approaching you. Fight them off to the best of your ability. Begin." Grador said to Cameron.

The four golems approached him. Cameron's blue stone glows, as he stands up. He presses the stone, making him transform. A golem charges, as Cameron hears it, and moves out of the way. He then swings his sword at it. As he walks away, the golem's right arm fell off. Another quietly approaches him, and he feels his stone glow. It swings its arm, but Cameron dodges and feels the golem. He then quickly slashes the sword across the golem's body, cutting it in half. Its top half falls off, and all of it crumbles into peddles. The golem without its right arm charges at him and swings its other arm. Cameron is unable to dodge in time, but the blue stone shields him from the golem. He then slices its other arm off, and its left leg. The golem falls over, and crumbles into pebbles. The remaining two charge from different sides at him, as Cameron quickly slides out of the way. The two smash into each other, and crumble into pebbles. The pebbles all fade away.

"Excellent work. You fought them off without needing vision. You are ready." Grador said.

"Great job!" Jake said.

"That was it?" Cameron asked.

"Yes, the power to fight was still inside you the whole time. The stone helped guide you, but you still had the strength." Grador replied.

"I feel more confident about my surroundings. Thank you, Grador." Cameron said, powering down, and putting his mask back on.

"It was no problem. If you ever want any help, you are welcome back. However, do not tell anyone else of my presence." Grador said.

"Will do." Cameron replied.

"Bye." Jake said, as the two walked off, and Grador watched.

Nick and Zero are seen back in the Hidden Kingdom, after they finished training.

"That was fun, doc. I think I got the hang of it now, thanks to my trusty knight stone wand!" Nick said, waving it.

"Impressive. Are you ready to take the test?" Ranen asked.

"Yup, now we just need Madison to come back." Nick said, as the girls flew down to the ground, and they transformed back to normal.

"Whoa, Nick has a wand." Tori said.

"Yeah, it's actually my knight stone. I'm ready to take the trial, can you make a portal to the Sky Kingdom?" Nick asked Madison.

"Of course. Good luck." Madison said, opening a Sky Kingdom portal with the heart.

"Thanks for helping me Zero. Will you come with me?" Nick asked.

"I suppose." Zero replied, as the two entered in the portal, and Madison closed it.

Nick and Zero are seen at the Council temple, walking toward the entrance. 

"Hello, anyone here?" Nick asked, echoing. 

Briar, Cesare, Tom and Luna walk out of the temple.

"Welcome knights." Cesare greeted.

"What brings you two here?" Briar asked.

"Hello, I'm Nick, or Nick Carson, the green knight. I have come to take the wizard trial! I wanna be a wizard, as you can tell by this cool wand I have." Nick said, pointing it.

"Wow, a knight stone as a wand, why did I never think of that?" Tom wondered.

"You want to take my trial?" Luna asked smugly.

"Yeah, I'm ready." Nick replied.

"This trial is not easy, the greatest of wizards and sorceresses-" Luna was saying.

"Have failed, but I will do my best!" Nick continued for her.

"Hey, don't finish my sentences!" Luna replied annoyed.

"Sorry ma'am, I'm just REALLY excited for this." Nick replied.

"You don't strike me as a wizard, but if you insist. Here are the rules: You can only use your wand, no other objects are allowed. No spell books, you must use your brain to remember the spells. You cannot use any other powers from your...stone, only the spells. Anything else goes. Got it, big boy?" Luna explained.

"Yup, I got it, I promise I won't cheat, especially for a nice sorceress like you. Thanks for making that forcefield when we fought the dragon guy. That was a pretty cool spell, I'd like to reach your level." Nick complimented, making Luna blush, and Briar smiled. 

"Oh...thanks. Are you ready for the trial?" Luna asked.

"Yup, let me memorize a few more spells..." Nick said, skimming through some books quickly. "Alright, I'm ready to go."

Nick handed Zero the books.

"Good luck on the trial." Zero said.

Luna clapped her hands, as she disappeared with Nick in a light. Nick appears in a magical forest, as he looks around. Luna is seen sitting on a gold rock nearby, waving her purple hair, as she whistles.

"Welcome "Nick" to the trial. You have three goals: Catch all twenty of my clones, hit ten magical targets, and find five hidden gold bars. There is connection to each, but you will have to figure it out on your own. You also only have thirty-one minutes to do this." Luna explained, as Nick processed it all.

"Thirty-one? Why not thirty?" Nick asked.

"I like to be unpredictable. Good luck. Ready? No? Too bad, let's go!" Luna explained.

Luna glowed, and twenty clones of her appeared.

"Whoa..." Nick said, as they fled through the forest.

"Catch me if you can, loser!" one of the Luna clones taunted, running west. 

"Hmm...alright, three tasks that seem unconnected to each other. I like overcomplicated things. I can do this. Let's start hunting the Lunas." Nick said, as he chased after one.

She laughed, and floated upward into the trees. The clone threw a purple magic blast at Nick, who quickly dodged.

"Dang, these clones are lethal too. I have to do this carefully..." Nick said, looking at the purple trees.

A Luna clone watched him from above, and pulled out a magical bow and arrow. She fired it, and Nick quickly chanted a spell, forming a green shield with his wand, blocking it. 

"Leviutius movius!" Nick yelled, pointing his wand in the tree, which levitated the Luna clone out. He brought her down to him.

"Let me go!" the clone yelled angrily.

"So uh...now what? Is that it?" Nick asked, pointing the wand at her arm, and the clone faded away. "Alright, that's one down..."

Nick kept searching, and saw a magical target flying around the area.

"Now I have to hit this thing somehow..." Nick said, looking around.

He saw an apple on the ground, and levitated it with his spell. He carefully waited, and threw it right at the target, making it turn purple, and float off somewhere. The target is seen flying right into a hole at a temple entrance. There were nine other target shaped holes around the doors. Luna is seen inside the temple with Briar in a magical purple room. They sat at a table, watching Nick through a portal.

"Not bad so far for a cut...I mean, rookie." Luna said.

"What were you going to say?" Briar asked.

"It was nothing. Still, him passing this would require lots of dumb luck, no way can this...weirdo, yeah weirdo, can complete it in time!" Luna said.

Nick kept walking, and saw something shining in a tree hole. He pulled it out, finding a gold bar.

"Not sure what these things do, but we'll find out in due time." Nick said, as he kept walking.

"Watch out for enemies too..." Luna's voice echoed through the air.

Four spike ball creatures hopped down, surrounding Nick. He said the bagel spell, turning one's hands into bagels, freaking it out. He dodged one's spike blast.

"Um...how about... Incidicus flareius!" Nick said, blasting a fire attack from his wand at the spike creature, melting it, and it vanished.

"Wow...I didn't even know that was a real spell, I just made it up!" Nick said surprised.

He did the same spell on the other three, making them vanish. He looks in the distance, and sees a Luna clone headed for a lake area.

Back at the Hidden Kingdom, Jake and Cameron regroup with the others at the main site.

"How was your exploration?" Madison asked.

"It was okay, we didn't find anything special." Jake lied.

"That is true, but I think I have a better grasp at fighting while blind now." Cameron said.

"That's good." Audrey said.

Ranen is seen in front of a transmission machine, adjusting it.

"What's that?" Tori asked.

"Our communication device, we are about to get something." Ranen said, as a message came through.

"This is "Agent". Codeword: The shining water of Posidonia. I have news. A wizard beast is about to attack the Bazaar, tread carefully." "Agent" stated in a strange, distorted voice, and the transmission ended.

"Who was that?" Cynthia asked.

"I don't know the identity, but sometimes we receive tips from anonymous sources, each with a codeword so we know it is them. This one known as "Agent" started contacting us a few days ago, with information on old Federation bases here. Now then, head to the Bazaar." Ranen explained.

"We haven't had any evil action in a while now, so this is surprising." Tori said.

"Yeah, I thought all the criminal beasts stopped their actions." Audrey said.

"Not all, some are just cruel by nature." Ranen replied.

"Do you think this one is working for somebody?" Jake asked concerned.

"We won't know for sure, but they could be solo." Ranen replied, as the heroes headed off.

The creature is seen in the Bazaar, terrorizing Karmanians. It is a wizard monster, wearing a large top hat, red cape, and a monocle on its left eye. It held out a wand, using it to levitate things, and throw them everywhere.

"Greetings citizens, I am Wiz, the best wizard in all of Karmania! Watch my amazing tricks!" Wiz bragged, as he threw the objects at civilians, making them flee. "Now that's no fun..."

He waved his wand, which levitated Karmanians in the air, juggling them around, as he laughed. The heroes approached, surprised at the sight.

"What the..." Madison said, confused.

"HELP!" a civilian yelled, as Wiz threw them everywhere. He levitates a food stand, tossing it at the heroes.

Madison shoots a heart blast at it, breaking it in half.

"Welcome to my show, and prepare for your dooms!" Wiz bragged, laughing.

Cameron and Jake powered up, as the girls transformed. 

"Gah, the guardians and knights! No matter, you are no match for my awesomeness!" Wiz said, waving his wand, which made bombs appear. He sent them flying at the heroes, as they attacked the bombs, sending them back at Wiz. Before they went off, he disappeared. He reappears behind them, and takes off his hat. He taps it with his wand, and out of his hat, a powerful magic blast shoots out, knocking them aside. Wiz laughed, and threw several jack in the boxes at the ground. 

"I don't know what this guy looks like, but I can already tell he's annoying." Cameron said.

"That's an understatement." Cynthia said, levitating the boxes.

Out of the boxes sprung out bowling balls, as they fell to the ground. Jake dodged one, as one headed for Cameron. He felt his stone guide him, as he moved out of the way. He powered up his sword with the blue stone, and whacked a bowling ball back at Wiz, knocking him down.

"No fair!" Wiz yelled, as he made the bowling balls and boxes disappear.

Audrey sent a gust at him, but Wiz absorbed it in his hat, and sent the gust flying back at the heroes, knocking them back. 

Madison sent electricity at him, but Wiz made a magic mirror fly out of his hat. The mirror absorbed the electricity blast, as it spun, and fired it back at Madison, knocking her down.

Jake and Cameron swung their swords at Wiz, but he disappeared again, as Madison flew up. Wiz reappeared behind Cynthia, but Tori sent a water blast at him, as he disappeared again. Wiz reappears on the ground, and several pies fly out of his hat.

"Have my delicious pies...bomb flavored pies!" Wiz said, laughing.

The heroes avoided the explosions, and Cynthia sent one before it exploded levitating next to Wiz, exploding near him, and he fell over.

"Rude girl! Take this!" Wiz said irritated, as he waved his wand.

"Oh no..." Madison sighed.

He levitated a ton of objects from stands, and they went flying everywhere at the heroes, as they broke through them. However, Wiz tapped the wand on his hat, making missiles with evil faces on them go flying out, flying after the heroes.

"I really wish someone on the team was also a wizard to counter this weirdo!" Cynthia said, throwing rocks at Wiz, but a missile went exploding into them.

"I'll contact Zero for help." Jake said.

Zero is seen waiting at the entrance, when he sees Jake's message.

"I need to go, the team needs me." Zero said to Cesare.

"Very well then." Cesare said, opening a portal for Zero.

Back at Nick's trial, he is seen tapping another Luna clone with his wand, making her vanish. He had hit nine targets, and had four gold bars.

"Just two more Luna clones remain, but my time is running low. I believe I have like...six minutes left, yikes." Nick said, somewhat panicking, as Luna and Briar watched him through the portal.

"This is the closest any challenger has made it in a long time..." Briar said, impressed.

"True, but his time is running low." Luna said.

Nick walked through a mystical cave, looking around. He heard laughing, and saw a Luna clone hopping around on cliffs below the cave entrance. Nick hopped down, shooting spell attacks at the clone. He saw a target flying around as well. He levitated a rock and tried to hit the target, but the Luna clone sent a blast, knocking the rock down. She spit her tongue out at Nick. He casts a spell, sending a green blast at the ground, but the Luna clone jumped up. Nick looked at the target heading behind the Luna clone, and he casted the same spell again. The Luna clone dodged, but his blast hit the target, making it float away. The Luna clone jumped down annoyed, but Nick levitated several rocks, tossing them at her, and she countered with purple blasts. However, while that distracted her, he carefully snuck up behind her. He poked her in the back with his wand, as she gasped and vanished. 

"Just one more gold bar..." Nick said, looking around. He saw it hidden behind a boulder, and grabbed it.

"Congratulations, you have everything...but where am I?" Luna's voice asked, as Nick got out of the cave, looking around.

"Tick tock..." her voice taunted, as Nick saw the temple up ahead.

Nick got to the entrance, and saw the targets in all ten holes. He then saw a stone table which had five slots for ruby shapes. 

"I have five gold bars...but no rubies. Aha!" Nick said, as he casted a transformation spell on the gold bars, turning them into rubies. He quickly put them in the slots, and the door opened.

"Wow, he figured that trick out." Briar said, watching, as Luna didn't know what to say.

Nick ran in, and headed up the steps. He arrived in the magical room, seeing Luna and Briar.

"I DID IT! WOOHOO!" Nick yelled.

"Wow...congratulations dude. Nobody has completed this in a long time, or even been able to figure out the ruby trick. You're smart." Luna complimented, impressed.

She approached him, holding a green wizard hat.

"This is yours. You are a certified wizard." Luna said, handing it to him.

"Sweet, my own wizard hat. Thanks, you made a pretty intense trial." Nick said.

"And you can have this too." Luna said, as she kissed him on the lips, surprising Nick.

"Whoa, that was my first kiss from a girl, ever! Nice, two prizes! Want to be my girlfriend?" Nick asked to Luna, surprising her.

"...S-sure! It's an honor to date a great wizard like you..." Luna replied, also surprised.

"Wait, how old are you? I don't want this to be weird..." Nick asked.

"I'm 25, I wouldn't have kissed you if I didn't know your age, silly." Luna replied.

"Oh okay, that's fine, I'm turning 23 later this year, so not too far apart!" Nick said.

"Here, you...can have this to contact me." Luna said, handing him a necklace.

"Cool, so this is your magic phone. I remember using a banana as a phone once, but it didn't go too well..." Nick said, as Luna laughed.

"You're funny." Luna said, as she teleported herself, Nick and Briar back to the temple entrance. The portal is still there.

"Nick, your friends are in trouble. Go to them." Cesare said.

"Will do! Thanks so much for this, and I'll talk to you later!" Nick said to Luna, as she waved bye, and he went into the portal.

"I knew you liked him." Briar said to Luna.

"...Shut up." Luna replied, her face red.

Zero helped the heroes fight off against Wiz's tricks, but he was too sneaky. He threw more pie bombs everywhere, knocking the gang around. He then levitated them in the air, as they struggled to break free.

"Mwa ha ha! Now for my final trick, I will absorb these fools into my hat!" Wiz said, as the hat pulls them in.

"Fight his spell!" Zero said, still struggling.

"Not so fast fiend, Nick: The Wizard has a few tricks of his own!" Nick said, wearing his wizard hat, and held his stone wand.

He fired the bagel spell at Wiz's hat, turning it into bagels.

"MY HAT! Who are you!?" Wiz asked angrily.

"I'm Nick: The Wizard, didn't you hear my introduction? Let my friends go!" Nick said.

"Nick, you actually passed the trial? I'm impressed!" Zero said, as the heroes fell to the ground.

"I did, and I'm now an official wizard!" Nick replied.

"No no no, I'm the greatest wizard, go away!" Wiz yelled, shooting fire balls from his wand.

Tori sent water blasts back, dousing them, and one headed for Wiz, but he teleported away. Wiz reappeared on a roof, but Nick sent his own fire blast at Wiz, knocking him off. Wiz got up, but Nick levitated him in the air, as he twirled him around. Nick felt his wand glow, as it transformed back into the stone, and went into his bracelet.

"I guess my transformation spell's time ended...no matter, I may be a wizard, but I am a knight too!" Nick said, pressing it.

He transformed into his knight form, with the wizard hat on his helmet. The spell stopped spinning Wiz, as he dropped to the ground. Nick pointed his stone to the wand. He said the blast spell, sending the green blast at the wand, destroying it.

"NOO!" Wiz yelled.

Nick flashed the knight scanner, reading Wiz. 

"I-I-I didn't mean to harm anyone, I just wanted to do an intense act...hahaha!" Wiz pleaded. It marked him "Guilty".

The scanner opened, and Zero sent a shock from his sword at the containment unit. An electric blast is sent at Wiz, imprisoning him.

"Your act is over, fiend!" Nick said.

"Wow, I can't believe you became a wizard." Madison said.

"Thanks for saving us." Cynthia said.

"It was no problem." Nick said, as two soldiers took Wiz away, who cried.

A Neo Federation soldier had watched the event transpire from the shadows, holding a recording device, and ran off. Colress and Edward watch the battle in the headquarters from the television screen.

"Fascinating. Hmm...The one named "Nick" is a wizard. Very well. This battle gives me enough information to analyze the guardians and knights." Colress said, walking off.

"He knows everything about them just from that recording?" a soldier asked Edward.

"Do not question his methods, he sees a larger picture." Edward replied, smiling.

The heroes are seen back at Ranen's dojo, powered down.

"So then I figured out I had to turn the gold bars into rubies, and boom, I entered the temple. I got this hat, and also a kiss." Nick narrated to everyone.

"...A kiss?" Tori asked.

"Yeah, Luna and I are dating now. She's pretty cool." Nick said, surprising them.

"Wow, I never expected you to get a girlfriend...or to become a wizard." Cynthia said.

"Neither did I to both of those things, but this was an awesome day for me." Nick replied.

"I'm impressed, very few magic wielders have passed that trial. Did this creature say anything on their motives?" Ranen asked.

"No. They had no exact motive. They did not comment if they worked for someone, but I assume they may have just been on their own." Zero theorized.

"Why would a beast attack with no motive? Something's not right..." Ranen wondered to himself.

"Can you do some more magic tricks?" Audrey asked Nick.

"Maybe later, I need a break." Nick said, and felt his necklace glow. "Also, my waifu wants to talk."

He walks off, talking to Luna through the necklace.

"What a lucky guy." Cameron said, smiling.

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Wiz and Grador

-Knight Stone Upgrades: Nick's knight stone gains the power of using magic spells; Cameron's knight stone helps him somewhat see by sensing the area around.

-Nick forms a romantic relationship with Luna, making him the third hero to fall in love.

-It is revealed to become a certified wizard or sorceress in Karmania, you must pass a trial from Luna.

-Luna is revealed to be 25 years old.

-Beesle and Jay (from "Evil Stone") appear again.

-Grador is the second legendary beast to be seen, the first being Slittercold. 

-The heroes receive a mysterious transmission from someone named "Agent". But who is it?

• Like 4

Amazing episode! This seriously managed to even top last week. Cameron's subplot was handled well, and I'm glad he can now use his stone to get a feel of his surroundings. I think this only makes him stronger. Speaking of, I was impressed with Nick too. I think he actually makes a great wizard, because he's such an eccentric thinker. Eccentricity and Magic definitely go hand in hand. Also, I really liked seeing Luna again (I think she's becoming one of my favorite non-mains), and I think the relationship that began with her and Nick is really cute. The battle with Wiz was fun too. Overall, I really hope to see another magic-focused episode in the future with Nick/Luna and perhaps featuring a return of The Wiz. Just my small hope. Can't wait for next week ^_^ .

• Like 2

I really liked this magic-focused episode because magic is one of my favorite kind of element :P Loved Nick being a wizard, and has relationship with Luna is a good start. Cameron is getting there with his solo training without visibly is getting good feels knowing him to be brave. The battle with Wiz is fun & funny.

Overall, this is wonderful and fun episode that I've enjoyed in season 3 so far.

Also, i wonder who's this "Agent" really is...?

• Like 1

55. Partners in Crime

Jake, Trent, and the girls are seen headed to school.

"I can't believe it's February already, and it's also Jake's birthday." Madison said, smiling.

"Oh wow, happy birthday Jake! Our birthdays are so close, mine is in a few days." Audrey said.

"Happy birthday dude!" Trent replied.

"Nice, welcome to the big seventeen club with us." Cynthia said.

"Now just Audrey and I have to turn seventeen, and the group is set." Tori said.

"Thanks guys. I don't know what I'll do today, but I hope I get cool gifts." Jake said.

"I think you might like my present." Madison replied.

"Yeah, I got one you might like too. Hopefully we can hang out later." Trent said.

"Let's hope nothing gets in the way." Jake replied, as they headed inside.

"You'll definitely like my gift...a lot, Jake." Audrey said, winking at him, as she headed in.

Jake stopped and his face went red, not sure how to respond, but kept walking anyways.

Later, they are seen eating lunch together. Colress walks by, giving a glare, but he keeps walking.

"I don't know if it's just me, but something about that Colress guy seems kind of off..." Jake wondered, looking at him curiously.

"He seems okay to me." Trent replied.

"I hear he's a nice teacher." Audrey replied.

"Don't worry about it, I might just be jumping to conclusions." Jake said, shrugging.

"Yeah, don't let this ruin your big birthday day." Cynthia said.

"To change the subject, how have your classes been since returning?" Trent asked everyone.

"Okay, I got better in Chemistry thanks to Zero. Rotwell is still the same, but I am getting used to his weirdness." Madison said.

"At least it's only an elective class. Of course, since he is the vice principal, he could make it required." Tori replied.

"Let's not think about that." Madison replied, as they laughed.

The gang is later seen at the Golden Seahorse with the other knights.

"Jake, this is a wonderful day for you, be happy. I promise to give you a fitting gift, just like I gave your sister." Mai said.

"Oh hey, I still have that gold necklace you gave me for my birthday." Madison said.

"Good. Try wearing it sometime soon, it was expensive." Mai said sternly.

"I'll try!" Madison said awkwardly.

"Happy birthday dude, can't wait to give you my gift." Nick said to Jake.

"I believe I've known you long enough to determine what a fitting gift for your birthday is." Zero said.

"You've done good helping me out lately, happy birthday. I promise you'll get a deserving gift as my thanks." Cameron said.

"Thanks guys, it means a lot. Hopefully the rest of this day will be fun." Jake said.

"Just realized, we haven't had any enemies pop up lately, other than that weird wizard guy a while ago." Madison said.

"Our enemies have been quiet...maybe too quiet." Nick pondered.

"Guess it's a slow year for the bad guys so far." Tori said, shrugging.

"Hopefully none pop out of nowhere to ruin this day." Jake said confidently.

"Don't let your guards down, the enemies could be in hiding, waiting for the right moment to strike. They may even try stealthy ways to get to you." Mai warned.

"We'll be ready when it happens. Anyways, you guys want to hang out before my parents start the birthday dinner?" Jake asked.

"I'd love to, but...I have to help my mom and Cassidy do some things around the house. Maybe later at night." Trent replied.

"Oh...okay, I understand. There doesn't seem to be a mission for us right now, so how about you guys?" Jake asked to Cameron, Zero and Nick.

"I'd love to have a fun hangout day for your birthday dude, but...I need to take care of my house's garden, I promised my grandma. Sorry." Nick said to him.

"I also promised Darlene I'd help her with an experiment, my sincerest apologies, Jacob." Zero said.

"I need to help my mother out around her house as well." Cameron said oddly.

"But you can't see." Jake said.

"I know, but the stone has been guiding me." Cameron replied.

"Alright...how about any of you?" Jake asked to the girls.

"No can do, I've got lots of homework." Tori replied.

"I have to finish a project." Audrey replied.

"I promised Trent I'd help him out as well, sorry brother." Madison replied.

"I already promised Elana I'd spend some time with her." Cynthia replied.

"Wow, I see we all made promises." Nick said.

"That sucks, but hopefully you guys still have time later after all of that. I understand that things can come up." Jake said.

"It's nothing personal dude, but trust me, I'll still give you your gift when I have time." Trent promised.

"Same here, when we're all done, you'll get the best birthday gifts ever, trust us. I'd never let my brother down." Madison promised.

Suddenly, Ranen entered into the restaurant.

"Attention, I need your help. We've received a mysterious distress signal from the Central Karmania seas. I need someone to go and investigate. I'd send other soldiers, but they are preoccupied." Ranen reported.

"Everyone else kind of has things to do...but I'll go. I can do it alone if need be." Jake volunteered.

"No problem, we'll call Prince Flinn for assistance. That way you won't do it alone." Ranen replied.

"Thanks. I guess I could bond with Flinn." Jake said.

"Here, take this to go there. You could use the heart blast powers for extra help too." Madison said, handing him the heart.

"Thanks sis. Hopefully Flinn and I get back soon." Jake said.

"Good luck all on your endeavors." Mai said, heading off into another roon.

Everyone else left. The Chef comes out of the kitchen, holding a plate of pizza rolls.

"WHO WANTS...PIZZA ROLLS!?" The Chef asked, but noticed nobody there. "Aw..."

As Jake walked off, the others quietly went off to the side with Ranen.

"Thanks for the fake mission back there Ranen, now that makes things easier." Tori said.

"That wasn't a part of your plan, we actually did get a distress signal. However, I'm sure Jake and Flinn will be fine." Ranen said.

"Oh...awkward timing then." Audrey said.

"Regardless, I'm surprised he bought it all." Trent said.

"Sorry we bailed, but I hope you understand. Alright guys, let's set up Jake's surprise party." Madison said.

"Wait, you guys lied about those errands?" Nick asked, surprised.

"Yes, we're going to give Jake a cool surprise party, but obviously it's a surprise, so we couldn't let him know." Cynthia said.

"Oh...but I actually do have to help my grandma." Nick said awkwardly.

Jake is seen with Flinn, headed toward the Central Karmania Docks. There is a large ocean in the view, with tons of ships at the bay.

"It'll be interestin' to see what we find yonder aboard the ship. Also, hope ye have a good birthday, lad." Flinn said.

"Thanks man. I just wish everyone else could've come. It does seem odd they all had so many things to do at the exact time. I just hope whatever we find isn't a waste of time." Jake said.

"Even if it wastes me time, there's no rush of the ticking clock! I got nothin' better to do today anyways, and it be your birthday after all, no harm in helping ya." Flinn replied.

They made their way down the docks, seeing sailor and pirate dressed Karmanians walking around.

"Arrgh mateys, welcome to the docks. I see ye be knights, it's an honor to have your presence. What do ye need?" the pirate asked.

"We received a distress signal from the sea. We have no clue who it is, but we're going to swim out there to find them. If you have anything to help us though, it'd be appreciated." Jake explained.

"Arr, no need to waste your strength swimmin' out thar, feel free to take this spare boat!" the pirate said, pointing to a small wooden boat.

"Thanks lad, this'll make travel easier for us!" Flinn said.

"Eh, why not." Jake shrugged, as they hopped aboard the raft. 

They waved bye to the pirate, and they used the paddles to make the boat sail off.

"This be a good workout for us!" Flinn said, as they kept paddling. 

"Central Karmania's sea looks nice..." Jake said, seeing the sparkling water, and the sun reflecting onto it. 

As they kept sailing, Flinn sees something in the distance.

"Perhaps my eyes are fooling my head with a rude illusion, but it appears there's a ship ahead..." Flinn said, squinting his eyes. 

"A ship? That must be where the distress signal is from!" Jake said, seeing it. 

They make their way closer, and see a medium sized pirate ship in front. It is not moving however.

"No movement...perhaps the beast is stuck?" Flinn asked.

"Could be. Let's find a way to get on board and investigate." Jake replied.

"But how?" Flinn inquired, looking at the skull flag moving from the wind.

"Good question. I probably should not have said to do something if I don't know either..." Jake replied awkwardly.

"Don't have a heart attack, we'll find a way. Let's see...if we jump high enough, we could grab on by the skin of the deck's jaws." Flinn said, looking at the deck edges. 

"Unfortunately, we're not Nick, so I don't know if we can make it. His stone's power would've been handy here." Jake said.

Suddenly, Flinn's gold knight stone glowed. 

"His stone might be on break for today, but mine seems to be offerin' assistance..." Flinn said, pointing it to the ship.

The stone shot out a gold energy grappling hook, and it hooked onto the deck.

"Wow, I guess you got a new stone power, congrats!" Jake said.

"Aye, about time, although it'd be more fittin' if you got one for your birthday! Ah well." Flinn replied, as both climbed up the rope, and arrived on the deck. The gold hook went back into Flinn's stone.

"Hello! We got your distress signal. Anybody home?" Jake asked, his voice echoing across the ship.

There is no response. The two keep looking around anyways. Jake then notices something strange: The steering wheel is broke, as half of it fell off on the ground.

"That explains why this ship isn't moving, the person must've been stuck here. But where are they?" Jake pondered.

"Hey birthday lad, come here! Found something of interest!" Flinn said, as Jake walked down. 

He notices Flinn waving, as he opens a door to the captain's quarters. 

"Look at all of this loot." Flinn said, as they see tons of treasures and random objects, including Federation weapons.

"That's odd...why are there Federation weapons here?" Jake wondered.

"Not a clue, but let's keep searching." Flinn said, as they walked out.

They notice a cargo storage door next to the captain's quarters, but a lock is around the handle.

"Well if they are in here, they might be out of luck..." Flinn said.

"Maybe they're down below." Jake said, leading him to stairs that went to the next deck.

They both go down, walking into darkness. They hold out their stones, using their light to guide them. 

"Anybody here?" Jake asked.

"Let me try. If there is a lad...or lass, down here, come out of the dreary shadows! We're here to rescue you!" Flinn said, his voice echoing.

They hear a door open, and footsteps.

"What...ohoho! Someone is here to FINALLY save my old tail, eh? About time, I've been trying to send out all sorts of wild signals!" the stranger replied.

"Who are you?" Jake asked.

The stranger moonwalks out of the shadows, with strange shoes showing first. The figure does a dance move, and turns around to reveal themselves. They have gray skin, a navy blue pirate outfit, yellow goggle glasses, and a pirate feather hat.

"Fuhohohoho, ahoy there darlings! Thanks for responding to my call! Just when I thought I'd be stranded out here forever..." the figure replied, still trying to dance.

"Uh...no problem." Jake replied, confused.

"You didn't answer the boy's question, who are you?" Flinn asked suspiciously.

"Ahaha...my apologies dears. My name is...Branton Jack. Uh...have you heard that name before?" Branton Jack revealed, introducing himself. 

"Can't say I've ever heard that name." Jake replied.

"Oh...good, good, then we're all strangers here!" Branton Jack replied, as he quickly eyed their knight stones.

"How did you get stuck here?" Jake asked.

"Ah, it's quite a tale! You see, a while ago...I uh..."""borrowed""" this ship from a """friend""", to set sail around the Karmanian seas! Unfortunately, one day, which was yesterday, I got too excited, and the wheel broke, stranding me here...until you two brave heroes showed up!" Branton Jack explained.

"What do you do for a living?" Flinn asked.

"I am a...collector of sorts, and a businessman, yes yes! I travel across this world, selling a variety of merchandise for handsome prices." Branton Jack said, as Jake thought of the weapons he saw in the quarters. "Now that I've told y'all my life story, what are your names, friends?"

"I'm...Phil Collins." Jake lied, as Flinn caught onto what he was doing.

"I'm Jim Kerr." Flinn lied.

"Well then, glad to be acquainted, Phil and Jim! Come up, maybe you can help repair that accursed steering wheel..." Branton Jack said, walking upstairs, as Jake and Flinn stayed behind briefly.

"Yeah, I don't know if I can trust this guy. Maybe I'm being paranoid again, but something about his story seems...iffy." Jake said.

"I concur, let's tread carefully with this fellow." Flinn replied, as they met back up with Branton Jack.

"Stupid thing...if only I had some glue..." Branton Jack said annoyed.

"You don't need this ship, we have a boat down there, it's how we got here." Jake said, pointing down to where their boat was.

"I appreciate the offer, but I need this ship! All my cargo is on board, and I can't possibly fit it all onto that tiny thing!" Branton Jack said.

"Alright, we'll see what we can do." Jake said, inspecting the broken wheel part. 

As he holds it, his stone glows red. He shines it against the broken part, as it makes a red glue substance appear on the broken edges. He places it against the steering wheel, and it stays on tight.

"Ahaha, you did it, thanks a lot Phil!" Branton Jack said, as he began steering the ship.

"Nice lad, you got a new power too!" Flinn said.

"Not sure if it's the best one, but it's something." Jake replied.

As Branton turns the ship, it crushes the small boat they used to board.

"Well someone isn't getting that back." Flinn said, looking at the wreckage in the water.

Branton Jack whistled, humming a song, as the ship headed back toward the docks. 

"Uh...Mr. Jack..." Jake was saying.

"What is it, child?" Branton Jack asked.

"I'm not a child, I'm almost a man. I just turned seventeen today." Jake replied.

"No, today is your birthday?! Why didn't you say so lad!?" Branton Jack asked, laughing.

"Hey, "lad" is my catchphrase." Flinn said.

"Yeah, today is my birthday. My friends were supposed to hang out with me for a fun day, but they're all busy." Jake said, sighing.

"Sounds to me like they don't care! I know how it feels to grow apart from your friends..." Branton Jack said, sighing.

"They still care, it's just stuff gets in the way sometimes. Hopefully things work out when we return." Jake replied.

"Forget them, ol' Branton here will give you the best birthday adventure ever! Now then Phil, what were you going to say before that?" Branton Jack asked.

"Well...I get the feeling you haven't exactly told us about yourself." Jake said.

Branton Jack gave a neutral look, and sighed.

"I knew I couldn't fool two knights for long. You are right, there is more to me than I've told you. The truth is...and yes, this is the actual truth, where I came from, I was a famous sly dog. But not the type of famous you may be thinking of. I was famous for my skills as a notorious shapeshifting thief! I stole some of the most valuable treasures. Two years ago, I even worked for an ancient overlord. He payed me a huge pile of gold for my services. JACKPOT! Unfortunately, I later foolishly bet all of the gold in a card game, and lost. Daring, but in hindsight, not very smart. Let this be a lesson for you two, if you ever get rich, don't bet it all in a game. After that, I became a laughing stock. Nobody took me seriously anymore, and I got practically zero clients. I went from my peak to rock bottom all due to a stupid card game. I was a bum, but, I later got out of that depressing period. I found this odd world, and wanted to explore it. Unfortunately again, a witch later stole my shapeshifting powers. Despite all of that, I kept trudging forward, never giving up! I wanted to change my ways, as I started traveling around, giving supplies to people in need!" Branton Jack revealed, surprising Jake and Flinn.

"You were a criminal!?" Jake asked.

"I was, but not anymore! I've changed, I promise." Branton Jack said.

"Not sure if we can trust you...but you have yet to do anything heinous, so I can begrudgingly give you my token of trust...for now." Flinn said.

"I'm still unsure, but I was once sort of a criminal like you where I came from, so I suppose you can change too." Jake said.

"You were a criminal too? Fuohoho, we have a lot more in common than I expected, Phil! We could be partners in crime, well, not that type of crime, but you get me!" Branton Jack replied, laughing.

"I only stole a few things when I was younger, but I guess it still sort of counts. But wait...why did you have Federation weapons in your quarters?" Jake asked.

"They are old and defunct, I recycle them." Branton Jack replied.

"Alright. Anyways, I see the docks ahead." Jake said, as they approached the bay.

"Yes, let us get back on dry land. I need to deliver a long overdue piece of cargo to a customer, maybe this will convince you two!" Branton Jack said.

The ship parks at the bay, as the three board off of it. Jake carries a crate, as they walk off.

"Take a peek inside, I promise it's nothing illegal!" Branton Jack said.

Flinn opens it, as they see lots of fruits inside.

"Fruit, eh? I guess you be tellin' the truth." Flinn said, surprised.

"Yup, I'm giving this to a poor sap who is in need of healthy food!" Branton Jack said, as they walked through the slums.

The slums are a lot different now however, looking better than before. Most buildings are in better shape, as is the environment around, and the villagers look happier. As the three keep walking, they notice the burnt remains of Diggy's Place.

"Whoa...what happened to Diggy's home?" Jake asked, as he set down the box. He looks around, seeing the ash left behind from the trailer, along with flipped over tables, and destroyed games. 

"You know Diggy?" Branton Jack asked, surprised.

"We did, not sure what happened to him though..." Jake replied bitterly.

"Shame, I knew that crazy mole well. Filthy, but a fun partner to trade with! He was quite the card. I'm sure he wouldn't mind if I took some of this, wherever he is..." Branton Jack said.

He picks up several pieces of machinery and potions from the debris. He chuckles, putting them in his pockets.

"Let's go." Flinn said.

They made their way to a medieval style hut, as Flinn knocked on the door. An orange Karmanian villager opens it, surprised to see Branton.

"Here is your long overdue fruit supply, my sincerest apologies for the delay, sir!" Branton Jack said, as Jake handed the crate to the villager.

"Thank you!" the villager replied, handing Jack Keso coins, and closed the door.

"See boys, I can do good things!" Branton said, counting the coins.

"We should probably be headin' back now lad, our work here seems about done." Flinn suggested.

"I don't know yet. It's still not time for dinner yet, and they might all still be busy with their chores. I guess we could keep hanging around him, since I've got nobody else right now." Jake replied.

Branton Jack gets a message on a communicator, as he looks at it.

"Alright crew, next up, we're gonna take a trip to the Western Karmania port! Hang on tight, it's gonna be a wild ride!" Branton Jack said, as they headed for the docks.

"We'll call it a day after this." Jake said to Flinn, as he nodded.

The three are seen back on the ship, as it sets sail. 

"Who is your next client?" Jake asked Jack.

"I dunno, didn't give a name, just the location." Branton Jack replied, shrugging, as he whistled while steering.

Flinn and Jake look out at the ocean, as they sail around the Central Karmania borders. 

"Jim, Phil, I am parched! Could you get this old timer a drink from the cooler in the deck below? It's the second door to your left, any drink will do!" Branton Jack requested.

"Aye aye, captain." Flinn said annoyed, as they headed down the deck.

As they look for the right door, lighting up the area with their stones, Flinn hears an odd noise from another door.

"Did you hear that, or are my ears deceiving me too?" Flinn asked.

"What did you hear?" Jake asked.

"Something from this door..." Flinn asked.

A plaque above has "THE BRIG" written on it. 

"This must be the jail...but is someone in there?" Jake asked, confused.

"Let's find out." Flinn replied, opening it.

They enter, to see empty cells...except for one. Beethmore is sitting in a cell. He gasps upon seeing them.

"What the?! Knights?! What are you doing here?!" Beethmore asked, jumping up in confusion.

"We should be asking you the same, what are you doing in this ship?" Jake asked.

"And in the moldy brig, nonetheless?" Flinn asked.

"This is Big C's ship! That moron Branton Jack hijacked Big C's ship and locked him in here, you IDIOTS!" Beethmore revealed, shocking them.

"I had a feeling he was still tricking us, but to be fair, I still don't trust you either. You're just a shady gangster." Jake said.

"Aye, you must not be a very good captain if ya can't even keep your vessel." Flinn said, smirking.

"Shut up! Please, Big C begs of you, let me out! Big C promises he'll never be a jerk again if you help get my ship back! Besides, don't you nerds help ANYONE?" Beethmore asked.

"Even if he stole your ship, he does good things, we saw 'em deliver food! I hear all you've done is try to destroy Jake and friends with your rusty ol' buckets of bolts!" Flinn said.

"Yeah, he "helps" people...of any kind! He'll give ANYTHING to anyone, including illegal weapons to people like Big C! But after this stunt, our partnership is off!" Beethmore revealed.

"So that's why he had those Federation weapons...I knew he was still shady." Jake said.

"Yes, so let Big C go, and I'll help you jail that conman!" Beethmore bargained. 

"...Fine, but if you try anything, you'll enter a world of pain, to put it nicely." Jake said, pointing to his knight stone.

"I promise, after this, Big C will never bother you dweebs again!" Beethmore replied.

Flinn grabs the key from off the table, and uses it to unlock the cell. Beethmore laughs, stepping out.

"Alright boys, let's get Big C's ship back!" Beethmore said.

"How many stinking times are you going to refer to yourself in third person man?! It's gettin' annoying." Flinn said annoyed.

"Don't tell Big C what to do!" Big C is that awesome, so Big C can refer to himself in third person as much as Big C can! Now let's go!" Beethmore said, angrily walking out.

Flinn and Jake rolled their eyes, but followed. They head upstairs, as Branton is sitting back on a chair, counting his Keso coins. 

"JAAACCCCKKKKK!!!" Beethmore yelled angrily, as Branton Jack gasped, getting up.

"What?! Jim and Phil, how could you two let this scum out of prison?! He is pure evil!" Branton Jack insisted.

"True, but you also lied to us. You stole this ship from him. We know you've been selling weapons to bad guys like him." Jake confronted.

"Yeah, we're done being your crew, you feather-wearing, clay faced, worm-eyed, hotten-blaugh, oaf-looking liar!" Flinn insulted.

"Okay, that was a bit much." Jake said.

"Wow, I am hurt, Jim and Phil. I trusted you, I thought I had new friends! Yes, it is true, I sell weapons to shady people, but my service goes to the highest bidder! I help normies too. I help the good, the bad, the weird, and the ones nobody cares about, I am in the middle! You need a neutral man like me!" Branton Jack said.

"If you say so, but I honestly don't care that much now, we can leave and let them duke it out." Jake said to Flinn, holding out the heart.

"The Heart of Karmania, now that is a true treasure! I wouldn't mind taking it off your hands, Phil..." Branton Jack said greedily.

"All of you be quiet, Big C is going to finish this chump! HEEEAAAAHHH!!!" Beethmore yelled, as he jumped up to Branton.

Branton picks up the chair, and whacks Beethmore with it, sending him overboard and into the water.

"Ha, I still got it!" Branton Jack bragged, dropping the chair.

"Gah, this isn't over!" Beethmore said, flailing around in the water, as he tries to climb back up.

"Alright, that's that, can we go now?" Jake asked, about to open a portal.

"Wait, don't! We made it this far, come with me to the port! There's a lot of crates, and I'm getting too old to carry this many..." Branton Jack said, as Jake and Flinn glared at him. "I know, I know, I tricked you, but I did enjoy the time we spent! I am a necessary force who supplies both sides with cool stuff. I can help you knights whenever, I promise. I'll be in your debt."

"I could've arrested you...but you haven't done anything hostile to us, even if I don't agree with who you may sell stuff to. I guess we can help you do this one last time. Also, it's my birthday, so I'll be nice." Jake said, oddly warming up to him.

"Eh...I don't know about this, but you are the leader." Flinn said, shrugging.

"Thank you, Jim and Phil! Our client is royal guards in need of weapons. See, I deliver weapons to good guys too!" Branton Jack said, laughing.

The ship eventually goes through a narrower path, as they make their way closer to the Western Karmania port. Jake sees it in the distance, which is covered in sand and rocks. Branton Jack unlocks the cargo door, as several large crates are there. Jake opens them to see blasters the royal army uses, and other weapons such as staffs, bows and arrows, and swords. 

"This is what the Central Karmania army uses, so I guess it won't be too bad. I didn't even know Western Karmania had an army though." Jake said, unsure.

"Haha, neither did I!" Branton Jack replied.

Flinn, Jake and Branton unload the crates, as they land on the sandy port. They push the crates up, and wait around for the clients.

"Any day now..." Branton Jack said, whistling.

"Hello...Jack." a familiar voice said.

Broodwing appears out of the shadows, alongside Stout and Vito.

"Oh no...not you!" Branton Jack said, panicking.

"This guy again..." Jake said.

"Finally, Branton Jack, I have caught you! And I see you brought two of the knights with you, even better." Broodwing said, laughing.

Beethmore suddenly jumps out of the water, laughing.

"Great, this oaf again, just what we need..." Flinn sighed.

"Big C is back, boys! You can never keep an epic guy down for good! The idiot Jack took Big C's boat, and locked him up!" Beethmore explained.

"We knew, so I set this scheme up. We sent him a fake message, claiming the Western army needed weapons, to lure him in the open. Jack has been a thorn in the side of my business for a long time now, and I'm going to eliminate the competition." Broodwing revealed.

"And once he's out, those weapons are ours!" Stout said.

Stout and Vito got out golden machine guns.

"Ay yo, Big C, take this." Vito said, tossing Beethmore an extra one.

"Thanks bro! Time for revenge!" Beethmore replied, as the gangsters pointed their guns at the three, smiling.

"I'm not even going to pretend to be surprised." Jake said, sighing.

"Oh boy, look at the time, time for us to go!" Branton Jack said, laughing, trying to leave.

"Jake Landers, I have been waiting to see you again, after you destroyed my pet Scorpadroid. I loved him! This time though, there's no robot decoy! You will pay dearly!" Broodwing laughed, as he threw our six Slayer balls, forming two green ones, two blue ones, and two orange ones. 

"Wait...Jake? I thought your name was Phil?" Branton Jack inquired to Jake.

"Sorry, we also lied. My name is really Jake, and he is really Flinn. We weren't sure to trust you at the time, so yeah." Jake explained.

Branton Jack laughed.

"Haha, I am so proud of you two! Go get 'em!" Branton Jack said, not even mad.

Jake and Flinn pressed their stones, powering up. The gangsters fired their guns, along with the Slayers. Broodwing pulled out two laser handguns, firing them. Flinn let out a gold slash from his sword at a blue Slayer, slicing it in half. Jake stabs his sword with an orange one, and casts a shield with his stone, blocking laser bullets from Broodwing. Flinn sent his gold grappling hook from the stone through the remaining orange Slayer. He swung it around, smashing it into a green Slayer, as they exploded. Branton pulls out his own handgun, firing at the last blue Slayer. He then fires at Beethmore, but he knocks it out of his hand with bullets from his machine gun.

"Now that's cheap!" Branton Jack said, when he notices a weapon crate.

He throws it at Beethmore, who accidentally fires the bullets, making the weapons inside explode into ash.

"You fools, watch where you shoot those things!" Broodwing said annoyed, as he kept firing his guns at Jake, who slashed the lasers aside with his sword.

"Got it, boss." Stout said, becoming more careful with his shots, as Flinn sent slashes back. 

As Jake heads for Broodwing, Vito gets in his way, firing his gun. He blocks the blasts with his shield, and has an idea. He uses his new stone power to shoot the red glue at Vito's right arm.

"What the-" Vito was saying, when Jake cut his gold gun in half, and knocked it out of his hands. 

Jake then pushes Vito to the ground, and the glue on his right arm sticks him to it.

"This ain't cool." Vito said, struggling to break free.

"Wow, I guess this new power has more uses than I thought. Thanks stone." Jake said.

Beethmore angrily keeps firing at Branton, and accidentally makes another weapon crate explode. 

"Good, keep tricking them into destroying those!" Jake said, as he sliced the last blue Slayer in half.

The last green Slayer flew down, shooting the heat-seeking missiles. Jake sliced off both of its wings, and sent it flying at Stout. He tripped and fired his bullets at the last batch of crates, destroying all the weapons.

"NO!" Broodwing yelled, as he jumped up, and flew down in front of Branton Jack.

"Oh, hello there! My sincerest apologies for the destruction of the merchandise, but here's a consolation prize!" Branton Jack said smugly, shooting his handgun, as Broodwing flew up.

As he flies, he shoots his handgun lasers down at Branton, but Jake gets in the way, using his stone's shield power to block the bullets.

"Thank you, Ph...I mean, Jake!" Branton Jack said.

Flinn sliced Stout's machine gun into four pieces. Stout then smashes his brass knuckles together, and tries to hit Finn, but he dodges. Flinn shoots the grappling hook from his stone, and swings Stout around.

"AAAHHH!!!" Stout yelled, as Flinn lets go, sending him flying northward, away from the dock.

Jake keeps fighting off Broodwing, as he slices one of the handguns out of his arm. Broodwing whacks him aside angrily, and flies up. Branton keeps firing at Beethmore, as Flinn sends golden slashes at Beethmore. He drops the machine gun, and falls to the ground. Beethmore crawls across the ground, trying to grab the gun. Branton fires at him again, as Flinn shoots his gold grappling hook. He sends Beethmore flying into the ocean.

"Thanks...Flinn, is it?" Branton said, unsure.

"Yes, Flinn McAlister." Flinn said, as they see Broodwing fly down, striking at Jake.

Jake pulls out the heart, sending several blasts at him, knocking him down to the ground. Flinn, Jake and Branton attack him at once, making him fall. They surround him. Broodwing looks around angrily, accepting defeat.

"Bah...this isn’t over!" Broodwing said, as he frantically flies away. 

"Whew, thank goodness that's over. You boys saved my life back there." Branton Jack said, relieved.

"It was no problem. Thanks...for helping us too. At least now they can't get those weapons." Jake said, looking at the ashes of the crates.

"You promise you won't arrest me? I can't imagine prison..." Branton Jack said.

"I guess not, since you did help us. Just be careful who you sell this stuff to. Farewell." Jake said, opening a portal.

"Ahaha, you know me, but who knows? I'll never forget this adventure! Have a nice birthday, Jake!" Branton Jack said, getting on the ship.

He waves farewell, as it sails off. The two enter the portal, and it closes behind. Vito is seen still stuck to the ground.

"This stinks." Vito said, sighing.

"It's getting late, we should head back to the Golden Seahorse." Jake said.

As Jake and Flinn enter, the lights are off. They suddenly turn on, as everyone yells "SURPRISE!", including Henry and Susan.

"About time you two showed up!" Tori said.

"Wow, a surprise party? Thanks so much guys! Wait...does this mean you guys didn't have those errands at all?" Jake asked.

"Yeah, we lied, sorry. We had to make it seem believable." Madison said, who is wearing the gold necklace.

"I was the only one that didn't lie actually." Nick confessed.

"We had a delicious dinner made, but when we heard of the surprise party, we brought it here. Mai didn't mind." Susan explained.

"Well son, as you and Madison keep getting older, I feel I'm getting too old myself! It's kind of depressing actually, but we don't need that at a surprise birthday party!" Henry said.

"What did you guys do?" Cameron asked to Jake and Flinn.

"It was a crazy tale, we can save it for another time." Flinn replied.

After eating a delicious dinner, Jake opens the gifts. His parents got him new clothes, while Madison got him a new phone. Trent’s gift is a pair of shoes. Nick’s gift is a watch. Zero's gift is an advanced alarm clock. Flinn’s gift is an Ottelia luck charm. Cynthia's gift is hair gel. Tori’s gift is a hat. Mai’s gift is a silver necklace like Madison’s. Lastly, Audrey's gift is candy.

“Thanks everyone.” Jake sad, pleased.

The Chef is seen peering in from the kitchen door, holding a plate.

“Let’s try this again...” he said, and walked out.

“WHO WANTS...PIZZA ROLLS?” The Chef asked, holding the plate.

Everyone laughed, and happily ate the pizza rolls. They continued to have a fun time.

Notes/Trivia

-Character Debuts: Branton Jack

-Area Debuts: Central and Western Karmania Docks

-Knight Stone Upgrades: Flinn's stone gains the power of shooting a grappling hook to reach high locations; Jake's stone gains the power of shooting a glue that can repair objects or stick opponents to something.

-Jake is now 17. (His birthday is February 1st, a few days before Audrey's)

-Madison still has the golden necklace Mai gave her as a late birthday present in "Cyborg".

-Cameron's mother is mentioned to be still alive and well.

-Flinn’s last name is revealed to be McAlister.

-Beetmore, Vito and Stout (from "Red" and "Zero Memory") appear again.

-Second time a knight uses the heart (first time in "Checkmate"). 

-Yes, this is the same Branton Jack from Storm Racers. While I did say Ancient Ghosts would be the last you'd see of Storm Racers in this, and it was for the main characters, I wouldn't rule out some minor characters appearing like here. (Also, the characters don't know where Branton is truly from, so it doesn't officially count as a crossover.)

• Like 3

Nice episode! I liked the twist about everyone lying about having something to do. I thought it was a little too convenient, and then it turns out that it was a set up. Furthermore, I liked seeing Flinn again, and his grappling hook is cool. Also, nice job fitting in Branton Jack. I always love seeing SR-elements pop up. I think the show has definitely gotten to a point where it totally stand as it's own thing, so I think SR references aren't detrimental. I liked the battle with Broodwing, Beeth, Vito, Stout vs JakeFlinn and Jack, and how Jake's new stone power came into handy. Overall, another solid addition to a so far stellar season.

• Like 3

Yeah, I agree with teenj, Storm Racers references are nice to see, as well as appropriate. It also ties in well to have a pirate-themed episode for Jake's birthday, since he used to be a thief growing up. Same to have Flinn too, so I can call this a good episode of Adventure Time with Flinn and Jake.

• Like 3