• Advertisement

Mystic Guardians

Jjs Goodman

Mad late, but you know why xP. Anyway, I have to say that "Knight to Queen" and "Legacy of Karmania" are two of the finest episodes that you've ever written for the show. The way the episodes work together to form a semi-two parter was smart, but the best thing to come out of them was the massive development for Elana. Her training scene with Cameron has now become one of my favorite sequences of the show, and I loved her reuniting with her parents at last. I think it's great that you have brought that whole chapter to a close, and now a new character arc can emerge for Elana in regards to her finally moving forward and embracing her role as the Queen. It was heartwarming to see Vince and Marriette step out of the way so that Elana could have time with her birth parents, but I liked that it was enforced that they are still Elana's family as well. Great run of episodes, and I can't wait for the rest of Season 3 to begin this September.

• Like 3

Can’t wait to see the reaction to this one...

71. Cops & Danger

Trent walks downstairs in his house, seeing Cassidy and Valina in the living room.

“Let’s see...Posidonia votes to stay in the Corealean Union, yawn, boring stuff I don’t care about...” Cassidy said, reading through a newspaper.

“Hey mom, I’ve been thinking...after Elana got to meet her real parents, I think it’s time I knew more about my dad. I know it’s difficult for you to talk about, but...I deserve to know.” Trent said to Valina.

“I understand your concern, but it’s difficult for me to talk about...” Valina was saying.

“Come on Val, just tell him.” Cassidy said.

“It’s...too difficult for me to talk about. Let’s watch television.” Valina said, quickly grabbing the remote.

While flipping through channels, Valina stops upon seeing a rerun of Snail-tective. She takes a good look at the officer near Snail-tective, and gasps.

“That’s...him. He’s your father, Trent...” Valina revealed, gasping at the television, shocking and confusing both Cassidy and Trent.

Colress is shown in his office at the Neo Federation base. He is staring at a bulletin board, where he has pictures of the heroes and their allies such as Steele, Van Gordon, and the past guardians. Colress then exits the room, seeing Morgana, Thorn, and Broodwing.

“What’cha doing?” Thorn asked.

“Taking an in-depth look at our adversaries, nothing major.” Colress replied.

“You’ve done that how many times now?” Broodwing asked.

“Don’t be rude, he is smarter than you.” Morgana replied snidely, angering Broodwing.

“As I’ve said before, in order to defeat your enemy, you must know them. Their personality, philosophy, history, art, and more. It may seem like nothing is happening, but every encounter I’ve analyzed is important to my overall plan. I am approaching this plan slowly and carefully for a satisfying payoff.” Colress replied confidently. 

“Even if you find their base, what makes you think your assault will work this time? Ramos found their base before and tried to assault it, but failed! Would this attack be any different?” Broodwing asked.

“King Ramos was sloppy and unprepared with his attack. When we discover their base, our attack would be carefully planned. We know thanks to your mole ally Diggy they have three Prism Pillars to defend their base with. This is something we need to prepare for and plan to counter in advance, which is why we’ll take this step by step.” Colress explained.

“But what is your plan? You don’t seem to have advanced weaponry, ships, or anything to fight them with...” Broodwing questioned, when Edward approaches them.

“Broodwing, stop bugging him, and shut up. He has an actual plan, unlike whatever you have in mind. You tried the brute strength approach before with your robot invasion, and failed.” Edward said annoyed.

“Yeah, you shouldn’t talk about no plans considering you tried an invasion, and they destroyed your pathetic robots with no problems. Plus, didn’t you vow revenge on the sorceress, but failed to fight her like a baby?” Morgana questioned.

“I didn’t count on them having so many allies. And yes, you rude little brat, I did try to hunt Valina after she reprogrammed some of my robots against me, but she was too strong...” Broodwing said, having a flashback to sometime after the ending of “Ancient Ghosts”.

Broodwing is shown hanging upside-down from a tree branch in a Karmanian forest at night. He watches watching Valina and her guardian group in the distance. 

“There you are. Nobody makes my robots attack me. It’s payback time.” Broodwing said.

He then throws out several Slayer balls, forming orange, blue, and green Slayers. He flies toward the group with the robots, as they attack Valina’s group at once. However, they are no match, as the robots explode within seconds due to their elemental attacks. Broodwing stares at the five startled, as debris flies everywhere.

“You truly thought you could come after me? You’re pathetic.” Valina taunted, shooting a lightning blast from her fin at Broodwing.

Broodwing flies up, but is immediately hit by a rock blast from Briar. Peyton sends a sound blast immediately right after, sending Broodwing flying through the air, and Mai’s doppel then sends a gust blast at him, knocking him against a tree. The five girls ready their elemental attacks again, as Broodwing stares at them terrified. 

“Well, I know when I’m outmatched...” Broodwing accepted, as he flies away, avoiding a combined elemental attack, which hits the tree, ripping it apart. Valina stares at Broodwing as he flies off.

“I at least know when to fold when my odds are bad. Your “genius plan” could end up being all for nothing...” Broodwing said to Edward and Colress.

“Failure is always a possibility, but we are taking the time to ensure we have a perfect plan. Having lots of robots and soldiers is not always the key to winning. I don’t want to reveal too much on my strategy yet, in case someone is overhearing this...” Colress said, referring to Skipper.

“I trust his strategy, and we don’t need more of your useless robots.” Edward said annoyed to Broodwing.

“You should all treat me with a little more respect. After all, I made the dimensional scissors, which are the only way you can access Karmania anymore.” Broodwing said smugly.

“Those weren’t even your original idea, you just used former general Zurtrax’s technology for the Dimensional Accelerator!” Edward said.

“Ah yes, I’m impressed by the technology General Zurtrax helped create for the Federation. It is an honor to follow in his footsteps. Some of his creations have helped me in my own research and for my overall plan. Speaking of which, I could still use just a bit more of analysis on their battling tactics. Broodwing, I’d like for you to attack them.” Colress said, surprising everyone.

“...Me? You mean it?” Broodwing replied, confused and surprised.

“Yes, I am sure you are most upset your castle was destroyed, which I especially owe an apology for. This can be your chance of revenge. I know you’ve been able to capture them before. You can do it in whatever way you wish, but I believe whatever the outcome, it’ll help my readings.” Colress replied to him.

“Those brats have made a fool of me lately...I gladly will. Hmm...shall I use the hunters?” Broodwing said.

“Bah, those two hunters are becoming just as incompetent and useless as Zurtrax was. I regret ever hiring those fools!” Edward replied.

“I can off them like I did to Zurtrax if you want.” Vexacus suggested jokingly.

“What did you expect when they’re lower ranked than him? He was the number one hunter, so obviously anyone below him is going to be a disappointment.” Morgana noted.

“If you’re so smug, then how about you two help in my plan?” Broodwing offered to Thorn and Morgana.

“Sure, I haven’t had any fun action in a while.” Thorn replied.

“I guess, maybe we can help you not suck for a change.” Morgana said snidely, angering Broodwing.

“What about us?” Vexacus asked, referring to Brak and him.

“The offer is appreciated gentlemen, but this is more than enough. I will aid Broodwing in making sure we get a result.” Colress said, slightly annoying Broodwing.

“I can do it on my own, I insist...” Broodwing replied.

“No, I insist, I will help you. After all, there’s no better way to analyze your enemy by having them captured and admired up close...” Colress replied.

“Fine...” Broodwing sighed.

As Colress walks off, Broodwing talks to Morgana and Thorn in private.

“Ugh, I can’t stand that guy. I don’t know about you two, but there’s something funny about him...” Broodwing said, suspicious.

“What do you mean? I have no problems with him, and he’s actually smart.” Thorn replied.

“I don’t know...don’t either of you find it odd he just appeared out of nowhere, and happily joins up with us with no problem?” Broodwing questioned.

“Who knows, but so far he’s more competent than any other Federation member. I doubt he has any shady reasons for joining us, and he wants to actually help us defeat the pests. Now, let’s go, dork.” Morgana said, as Broodwing keeps an unsure look.

Trent, Valina and Cassidy are later seen with the rest of the heroes and Mai at the Golden Seahorse, inside a room away from the customers. Valina tells them the truth, confusing everyone.

“...What?” Cameron asked, not sure how to react.

“My sentiments exactly.” Zero replied.

“So, let me get this straight: A police officer on some stupid television show is actually Trent’s dad? I’m not sure how to respond to this...” Cynthia said.

“Hey, Snail-tective is not just “some stupid television show”, it has very nice humor, and subtle story arcs throughout, but yeah, this is a pretty strange plot twist, not even one I could think of...” Nick said, scratching his head.

“Yeah...that’s pretty crazy...but I guess it’s far from the craziest thing we’ve seen.” Jake said.

“My only question is...how? Why did he leave Trent and you, and become a cop on a show?” Madison asked.

“This feels like the plot of some bad fan-fiction...” Audrey said.

“It’s time I told you the truth, Trent. Your father’s name is Bruce Briggs. However, he won’t remember either of us...” Valina said sadly.

“Why?” Trent asked.

“Nearly seventeen years ago, I was depressed. I still kept up my Vina charade in Karmania, amongst continuing to use dark magic, but I felt a void in my life. I wanted a child, one I could raise to join my plans. One day, I met Bruce at a cafe. We fell in love, though looking back I question how mutual our feelings were to one another. Eventually, soon you were born Trent. However, shortly after your birth, Bruce began to have suspicions on what I was doing behind the scenes, with my constant visits to Karmania. I could not let him know the truth. One day, he secretly followed me into the forests of Posidonia, suspicious on what I was up to. He saw me with my staff as I opened a portal. He began to question me, and I didn’t know how to tell him the truth. With no other option, I then erased his memory of us. He fell out cold to the ground, as I ran away. Since then, it appears he has a new life as a cop on this “Snail-tective”. Before that incident, it was the last time I felt happy for a long while...” Valina explained sadly, as a flashback shows the events.

“Wow, that’s so sad... Audrey said.

“Wait, how did you not know he was on Snail-tective?” Jake asked.

“I don’t watch silly television shows, I wouldn’t have known.” Valina replied.

“Should we try talking to him?” Trent asked.

“I cannot restore his memory due to losing my dark magic. Even if I regained it, I don’t know if you’d want him to learn about our secrets. Sorry.” Valina said.

“Well...I’d at least like to meet him, even if he can’t remember.” Trent said.

“Looks like you’re in luck, because Bruce and his trusty snail are going to be at the mall today signing autographs. Before any of you ask, I know this because it’s on the Snail-tective fan-site.” Nick revealed.

“Let’s get over there now!” Madison said.

“Hold on there kiddo, how exactly do you plan to speak to him? I know you want to see your father after so long Trent, but I’m not sure if it is wise to blurt out your secrets to him.” Mai noted.

“Yeah...I think we might have enough people that know our secrets. Even if you tried telling him about anything, I don’t think he’d believe you.” Cassidy said.

“He doesn’t have to know about us. It’s sad he probably won’t ever remember me, but I’d at least like to see him in person.” Trent said.

“I don’t see a problem with that, even if it might be awkward.” Jake said.

“It will be tough to see him again after so long, but if it makes you happy, we can visit him. I’m sorry we won’t be able to have a proper family reunion...” Valina said to Trent.

“It doesn’t seem like you ruined his life, which is what I initially expected. At least he has this actor gig now.” Tori said.

“Yes, if he is truly happy with his new life, then I see no reason to deter him from that path.” Mai said.

“I also never truly really had a connection with Bruce, I only really used him to have a child. Perhaps his new hobby is better than being with me...” Valina accepted.

“I guess just seeing him is fine enough. Let’s go.” Trent said, as they leave the Golden Seahorse, and head to the mall.

“Speaking of family, how is your cousin doing, Nick?” Jake asked Nick.

“She talked to me recently. She’s doing fine, better than fine, if that’s actually possible. Oh yeah, they took down Vexacus’s forcefield in Pyrite Town a while back, which gives them algae again, so that’s cool.” Nick explained.

“Look at it this way Trent, at least you’ll get to know your real family. I still don’t know mine, but I’m happy with Henry and Susan.” Madison said to Trent, trying to cheer him up.

The heroes approach the Posidonia Fields Mall, noticing a Snail-tective poster, starring Bruce and Snail-tective on it, which talks about their appearances.

“Both can be found answering fan questions and signing autographs in the TV Zone Store.” Audrey read.

They head inside the mall, as the guard greets them.

“Welcome brave travelers to the Posidonia Fields Mall, we have quite a few deadly deals if you can handle them-” the guard was greeting, as they walk past him.

“Keep moving, I haven’t forgotten that weirdo.” Cynthia said.

They make their way to the TV Show Store, seeing Bruce and Snail-tective standing in the center, talking to kids and other fans. Skipper is seen wearing a trench coat, as he carefully walks around, not being seen. 

“Hey man, can I have an autograph?” Skipper asked Bruce, holding out a creepy magic book.

“Of course, strange little man wearing a conspicuous trench coat. If this was an episode of Snail-tective, I’d probably think you are guilty of a crime. But thankfully this isn’t an episode.” Bruce said, laughing, and signs the cover of the book.

Skipper walks past the heroes, as he bumps into Cameron, dropping a note.

“Hey, watch it.” Cameron said annoyed, as Skipper leaves the area.

“Hey mister, you dropped something...and he’s gone.” Audrey said, picking it up, and looking around for Skipper.

“What does the note say?” Trent asked.

“Dear guardians and knights, watch out for Broodwing and Colress. They are planning to ambush you with Thorn and Morgana. -Agent.” Audrey read.

“Skipper... I’m glad he warned us, but whatever they are planning, we can worry about it afterwards. Trent meeting his father is more important.” Cameron said.

“Eh, I doubt they’ll be a threat anyways.” Tori replied.

“That dumb batfish has been really pathetic lately, so I wouldn’t worry.” Cynthia said, as they head into the store, with Valina and Trent looking nervous upon seeing Bruce up ahead.

Morgana and Thorn walk around the mall, as they see the heroes heading into the TV Zone Store up ahead.

“We have them in our sights.” Morgana said on a communicator.

“Do not strike yet. Wait until they finish their mall visit, then do as you will. In the meantime, we shall set up our own trap.” Colress replied on the other end.

Colress and Broodwing are with two Neo Federation soldiers in the Central Karmania farmlands.

“How does this spot work? I’d like to take over these farmlands, I could get lots of money from controlling their crops and products...yes, what a great idea! Vexacus tried that before, but I will succeed!” Broodwing said.

“This location will do. Attack the area however you see fit. While they are preoccupied in Posidonia, I am certain the royal army will be sent. Let’s see if they take the bait.” Colress noted.

“...Sure thing.” Broodwing said, as he throws multiple Slayer balls.

Multiple orange, blue, green, and red Slayers form, ready for orders. Colress also throws out three Invisi-Slayer balls, forming them. They all look out at the Karmanian farmers in the distance.

“Disgusting creatures! Sir, are we gonna vaporize them all!?” one of the soldiers asked, annoying Colress.

“No, do not harm the farmers of this land. I just want to see how the royal army responds to the attack, particularly from where they come from...” Colress explained curiously.

“ATTACK!” Broodwing ordered to the Slayers, as he flies up, and laser blasts are sent from the robots into the farmland. 

Colress stands there, watching. One of the soldiers aids the robots, while the other guards Colress. The farmers and other Karmanians run in fear, avoiding the Slayers. One farmer comes out of the nearby house, seeing the Slayers destroying the crops.

“Stop this at once!” the farmer cried.

“I will, if you surrender the area to me!” Broodwing demanded, approaching him, holding out a laser gun.

“Fine, I surrender...” the farmer sighed, as Broodwing laughs, and makes the Slayers stop attacking. Colress looks out in the distance, noticing one of the farmers running off for help.

Back at the mall, Nick gleefully runs up to Bruce and Snail-tective. Bruce finishes talking to several kids and fans, as some of them pet Snail-tective and walk away.

“Meow meow meow?” Snail-tective said, upon seeing Nick approach with the heroes.

“Hi Officer Briggs and Snail-tective, I’m Nick Carson, or you can just call me Nick, I’m a big fan of your show! Say, can you tease anything about the upcoming season?” Nick asked.

“Haha, I wish son, but I don’t want to spoil any surprises! You’ll have to find out this fall in Snail-tective: In Space! The two of us had a lot of fun recording this upcoming season, it’s gonna be out of this world, literally and figuratively! Any other questions?” Bruce asked Nick.

“What’s your all-time favorite episode aired so far, and obviously not counting any episodes from the upcoming season?” Nick asked.

“Ah, my all-time favorite so far would be “The Case of Two Snail-tectives”! Such an intense and intriguing one that was. If you have no further questions, I’ll gladly give you an autograph.” Bruce said.

“Oh yes, please sign my copy of the Complete Snail-tective First Season DVD!” Nick offered, holding it out.

Bruce smiles, and signs the cover, writing both his signature and Snail-tective’s.

“Thank you so much, good sirs...” Nick said.

“...Uh, hello there. You don’t know me, but...I know a lot about you, more than you probably are aware of... I’m Trent. You don’t know it, but you mean a lot to me...” Trent greeted awkwardly.

“Hello there, Trent. I’m glad I mean something to you. It looks like you got a nice group of friends here. Want an autograph?” Bruce offered.

“Sure thing, you could sign this.” Trent said, handing him his sketchbook. 

“You’re an artist?” Bruce asked.

“Yeah, I’m not really good at it, though I haven’t really drawn anything in a long while...” Trent said awkwardly, as Bruce signs the sketchbook cover.

Bruce takes a look inside, flipping through the pages.

“Hey, these aren’t bad, kid. I say keep up the good work.” Bruce said, handing the sketchbook back, and giving Trent a thumbs up.

“...Wow, thanks.” Trent replied, happy.

You’re welcome. Say...miss, do I know you from somewhere?” Bruce asked, looking at Valina, which surprised her.

“...No, probably just a coincidence.” Valina insisted.

“I’ve met a lot of people over the years, so you’re probably right. Anyways, as an unofficial officer, stay safe everyone. Have a nice day.” Bruce said to them, as the gang is about to leave the store.

“Even if he doesn’t remember me, he still seems like a nice guy. At least I finally know who he is.” Trent said, looking at the signature.

“Aren’t you a little sad he doesn’t truly know who you are at all?” Jake asked.

“Nah, I’m fine with it. I’m glad I got to know him and all, but I’m not sure if he can really reconnect with us. I’m happy with one mom.” Trent said, as Valina smiles.

“Yeah, and he looks happy with this new life as it is.” Cassidy said, noticing him talking to the children.

“Indeed. Like Mai said, it’s best to not take him off his path.” Valina added.

“So now what?” Cynthia asked.

“I guess we could go shopping, if you guys want.” Madison suggested.

“Why not, I’ve got nothing better to do.” Tori replied, as they head off. While walking, a heart shaped locket falls out of Valina’s pocket...

Colress is seen in the farmhouse with Broodwing and the soldier. A worker approaches nervously, annoying the soldier.

"I told you peasants to stay on the ground floor!" the soldier said angrily.

"Sorry sir, but...they are here." the worker replied.

The royal army is seen attacking the Slayers in the farmlands. The soldiers are wearing the advanced golden battle armor. Colress watches the soldiers from the farmhouse balcony, taking note of the directions from where they are coming. The Slayers strike back, but are more agile and offensive. An Ultra Slayer fires a laser blast, knocking a soldier away. An Invisi-Slayer turns invisible, and attacks two of the soldiers, knocking them down. A soldier clashes their gold staff against an orange Slayer, but an Ultra Slayer fires a plasma cube from the side, trapping the soldier.

“I don’t know if I’m rusty, or if these robots are smarter than usual...” a soldier said, firing a laser gun at a blue Slayer, but it jumps in the air.

It then fires laser blasts from its hand, as the soldier runs.

“I think we need help from the guardians and knights...” the soldier said, looking at the battle.

He runs off, as a green Slayer flies down and shoots the laser attack at him, but he deflects it with his staff, and keeps running.

Back at the mall, Morgana and Thorn look into the TV Zone Store, seeing Bruce and Snail-tective. They had overheard some of their conversation.

“What’s their deal?” Thorn asked.

“They’re stars on some stupid television show, and apparently that cop guy is the white knight’s father. He can be useful to the plan. There’s no better way to lure them into our web by attacking innocent civilians...” Morgana said, smiling.

“Hey...what’s this?” Thorn asked, picking up the locket Valina dropped earlier.

Bruce later takes a break, holding a cup of coffee, as he walks around outside in the mall parking lot. Thorn and Morgana secretly followed him.

“It’s a good thing there’s no danger at the mall on this fine day...” Bruce said, sipping his coffee.

Suddenly, a web string shot is fired at him, wrapping his body. He drops his coffee in a panic, as it spills on the ground.

“Wh-what’s going on here!?” Bruce asked, nervously.

“Just hold still...” Thorn said, as the two girls appear in their monster forms.

“AAAAAH, HEEEELPP!!!” Bruce yelled.

Thorn releases a purple gas, which makes Bruce tired, and he falls asleep. He then falls to the ground, still wrapped in the web. His glasses fall off, and land on the ground. Thorn opens a portal with her dimensional scissors, as the two take Bruce through it, and it closes behind. Inside the mall, Audrey hears the scream with her supersonic hearing.

“That’s weird...I think I just heard Bruce yell for help...” Audrey said.

“Are you sure?” Valina asked, concerned.

“I am pretty sure it was him, it sounded like it came from outside...” Audrey said.

“Maybe this has to do with the ambush, let’s go!” Trent said, as the heroes are seen looking around the parking lot.

“Oh no, these are his glasses...” Trent recognized, as he picks them up.

“They must have kidnapped him, but why?” Madison wondered.

“And where did they take him?” Cassidy asked.

“They’re probably using him as bait...” Cameron realized.

“Ranen just alerted me that the Central Karmania farmlands are being attacked. He sent several soldiers to handle it, but something tells me Bruce is there.” Zero theorized.

Back in the farmhouse, Thorn and Morgana drop Bruce to the floor.

“Who is this fool?” Broodwing asked.

“Bait. Apparently he is the white knight’s father...or was, it appears he does not know anything about their powers.” Morgana replied.

“How curious. I’m sure Trent and Valina would love to rescue him...” Colress said, looking at the unconscious Bruce.

“Mr. Colress sir, Valina dropped this.” Thorn said, handing him the heart locket.

Colress opens it, showing a picture of younger Valina and Cassidy together, hugging.

The heroes arrive in Karmania through a portal, as the girls are in their forms, and the knights are powered up. They head toward the farmland, seeing a royal soldier running toward them.

“Thank goodness you are here...Broodwing’s army is tough.” the soldier said.

“How?” Tori asked.

“I don’t know. We tried to free the farmers, but the attacks of his robots are more precise, accurate, and swift, as if they anticipated our moves...” the soldier said.

“I have a feeling Colress has to do with that.” Jake said.

“Whatever, these buckets of bolts have been upgraded how many times now? We always crush them.” Cynthia said, as they head into the farmlands.

“Ah, I remember when I pretended to be Vina here.” Valina reminisced. 

“I remember when the B team, which includes me, fought Scalipede here, good times, and we met you, even though we didn’t know it was you, though I was kind of suspicious about your Vina personality.” Nick reminisced, confusing Valina and Cassidy.

The royal soldiers keep attacking the Slayers, but they are being overpowered. An orange Slayer tries to sneak up from behind a soldier and attack. Audrey and Tori send a combined ice beam, freezing it solid. The soldier then smashes it to pieces with their staff, and gives a thumbs up.

“I bet Bruce is being held there.” Trent said, looking at the farmhouse.

“Trent, you can go with Cassidy and Valina. We’ll handle them.” Madison said, shooting an electricity ball at a green Slayer, as it barely avoids.

The three nod, as they head off toward the farmhouse. Nick fires a green magic blast at a blue Slayer, destroying it, but a plasma cube from an Ultra Slayer is quickly fired from the side, trapping him.

“Huh, well this stinks. Now I know how it feels to be trapped in this thing...” Nick said, as the knights attack the Ultra Slayer, avoiding its laser blasts.

Thorn sees Trent, Valina and Cassidy approaching from behind a corner of the house.

“They’re so coming here.” Thorn said through a communicator to Colress.

“Let them enter.” Colress replied.

The three enter the farmhouse, seeing none of the workers around. 

“Anybody home?” Cassidy asked, with an eerie silence.

Valina carefully looks around through the shadows, as they head up to the next floor. They then see Bruce on the ground, still trapped in the web. They carefully approach, when Valina senses something. She then shoots a lightning blast, making two Invisi-Slayers appear out of the shadows, staring at them menacingly.

“Not these again...” Trent said, firing laser arrows, but they jump at the three, swinging their metallic hands.

Cassidy fires two whirlpools from her hands at them, but they turn invisible. Trent fires another laser arrow, hitting one, as it reappears. Valina then shoots lightning blasts at both, disabling them, as they fall to the ground. Before the three can approach Bruce however, green charge blasts come out of the robot remains, striking the three. They yell in pain, falling to the ground. Morgana is seen crawling around the walls, as she shoots webs at the three, wrapping them up. Colress, Broodwing, and the soldier then walk out of the shadows.

“Do you like that? It is an energy charge weakening your magical powers. I programmed it into my robots as a failsafe.” Colress said, annoying Broodwing.

“I could do that too, but whatever, at least I’ve got my revenge and bested the sorceress, haha! I can still capture you fools! Who is the pathetic one now?!” Broodwing asked, taunting Valina, annoying her.

“Shut up.” Valina replied, as the energy attacks stop, leaving the three weakened and trapped in the webs.

“Capturing them is all you’re good for.” Morgana said to Broodwing, annoying him.

“Now, let’s not be rude. We have four esteemed guests right in front of us. Your family is altogether. Trent and Valina Mullan, Cassidy Quigley, and Bruce Briggs. An unexpected pleasure to meet two past guardians.” Colress said, as he analyzes their powers with his tablet.

“Kind of creepy you know my last name, but okay, where is this going?” Cassidy asked.

“You three clearly still care about Bruce, even if he is not romantically with miss Valina, or knows nothing about what you truly do. I truly admire the respect you have for all civilians. Don’t worry, I have no intent on harming him. Now then, I believe this belongs to you, miss Valina...” Colress said, holding out the heart locket, surprising Valina and Cassidy.

“Give that back! How did you get it!?” Valina asked, struggling to break free from the web.

“That energy blast has paralyzed you for a few minutes, do not waste your strength. Now then, miss Thorn found this in the mall earlier. I am an admirer of all forms of art. I believe this shows you two used to be partners...” Colress said, as he opens the locket, showing the picture, confusing Trent.

“Yes, and we...still are. What does this have to do with anything?” Valina asked, surprising Trent.

“Disgusting!” the soldier replied, annoying Colress.

“Soldier, you embarrass me, let us show our guests some respect. I do not care about your personal lives, but I can tell it means a lot to the both of you. Now then, you three, go and help our robot friends outside if you wish.” Colress said to Broodwing, Thorn and Morgana.

“I’m so in the mood for some action.” Thorn said, as the three leave.

Trent, Cassidy and Valina are then thrown into a storage room, where several soldiers and farmers are being held prisoner.

“I will keep your precious locket, and display it in a place of honor.” Colress said, still holding onto it.

“If I had known that locket would fall into your hands, I would’ve just destroyed it.” Valina  replied.

“How surprising. Is your history worth very little to you?” Colress asked, as he hands the locket to the soldier, who places it in a box.

“That locket belongs to Cassidy and I only, it’s not for some collector’s curiosity.” Valina replied.

“Excuse me, what did you say?!” the soldier asked angrily, but Colress raises his hand, silencing him.

“Forgive him. I thank you for your patronage.” Colress replied, closing the door, as he walks off with the soldier. “Keep the box inside the building, I will transport it after our operation is done.”

“Bah, we should just destroy this piece of trash...” the soldier said, looking at the locket disgusted.

Colress then angrily grabs the soldier by the suit, who drops the box. Colress stares him down, as the soldier looks in fear. He then calms himself.

“...My apologies, soldier. I’ve forgotten not everyone is able to appreciate art as I do.” Colress said, as he walks off, and the soldier nervously picks the box up.

Trent, Cassidy and Valina are still inside the storage room, trying to break out of the webs.

“I know this reveal must be difficult for you, but yes, we are still-” Valina was saying to Trent.

“I honestly don’t care, as long as you’re happy. I’m kind of more concerned about trying to get out of here right now.” Trent said.

“Good point. I feel my strength coming back, but I can’t move...” Cassidy replied.

Trent’s knight stone begins to glow under the webs, and melts them off, surprising everyone in the room. Trent then rips Cassidy and Valina’s webs off, as they look at the handcuffed soldiers and farmers.

“Trent, your stone can now burn through surfaces.” Valina explained, impressed.

“Nice, about time I got an upgrade!” Trent said, as he shines it on the handcuffs, burning them off the prisoners.

“Thank you!” a farmer said.

Trent fires laser arrows at the door, breaking it down, making their way out of the room. 

“Let’s free Bruce, get the locket, and get out of here.” Cassidy said.

“Sounds like a plan.” Trent said, as they head to the room where Bruce is.

Valina rips off his webs, and picks up his unconscious body. On the first floor, the obnoxious soldier places the box on a table. Suddenly, the freed farmers and soldiers run down, shocking the soldier.

“What, how-” the soldier was saying, when he gets trampled.

Valina, Cassidy and Trent come downstairs, as Cassidy grabs the locket from the box. 

“Gah...stop-” the soldier was saying, pointing a laser gun to the fleeing prisoners, but Valina sends an electricity blast at him, knocking him against the wall. A royal soldier then grabs him, and throws him outside, as he lands on the dirt ground. “Ow...”

They go outside to see Slayer debris everywhere, and the heroes fighting Broodwing, Thorn and Morgana with the soldiers. Colress watches them from the farmhouse balcony.

“Oh hey guys, we handled the robots.” Audrey greeted to them.

“Groovy!” Cassidy yelled, dancing happily.

Trent then fires laser arrows at Broodwing, knocking him out of the air, and he goes flying toward the balcony. Colress gets out of the way, as Broodwing smashes against the balcony, and lands on the ground. Tori and Cassidy send whirlpool blasts at Thorn and Morgana, blasting them next to Broodwing. The royal soldiers and farmers surround the three, about to attack.

“Still know when your odds are bad?” Morgana asked snidely to Broodwing.

He flies up, avoiding the soldiers and farmers. Thorn and Morgana attack, but are hit by more attacks, sending them flying behind the house. Colress walks out of the farmhouse, seeing the two get up.

“You fought hard, but that is enough for today.” Colress said to the two.

Broodwing fires his laser guns, as the heroes throw attacks back. Broodwing is hit by an electricity blast from Valina, sending him landing near his comrades, who are retreating.

“What a loser.” Cynthia said.

“We got this covered if they come back, thanks for your help. We’ll clean up all this robot junk and recycle ‘em into weapons and materials.” the soldier said.

“Yeah, let’s get back to Posidonia before he wakes up.” Jake said, noticing Bruce’s body moving.

Madison opens a portal, as the heroes head through it. Broodwing gets back up determined, and sees them fleeing. He holds out a laser gun, ready to fire, but Colress stops him.

“Let them go.” Colress said, as he scans the portal with a tablet.

“Bah, why!? I had them!” Broodwing replied angrily.

“Do not fret Broodwing, all went according to my plan.” Colress said confidently.

“So your entire plan was to just let them get away?” Broodwing asked.

“No, I learned some interesting pieces from this little stunt, which will be beneficial in the long run. You just need patience...” Colress said to him, opening a portal with the dimensional scissors. Thorn and Morgana go in with him, while Broodwing angrily walks off.

The heroes are back to normal, and Bruce wakes up in the TV Zone Store with his glasses back on.

“What the...I had a weird dream about a mutant spider and a poisonous girl...hey, where’s my coffee?” Bruce asked, confused.

“You dozed off in the parking lot and spilled your coffee, but we helped you back up.” Trent said to him.

“Did I really? Well...I was feeling a bit tired earlier admittedly due to all the amazing fans. Thank you for helping me. I’ll just get a new cup of coffee.” Bruce said, laughing, as he pets Snail-tective.

“No problem, dude. See you another time, maybe.” Trent said, bidding farewell to him.

The heroes are seen back in the Golden Seahorse, telling Mai everything that happened.

“I am glad you two managed to bond without him remembering the past. He appears happy with his current path, and it is best he not remembers such a troubling moment.” Mai said.

“It was touching to see him again. I’m glad he is doing okay.” Valina said.

“Even though sometimes I wish I had a father, I’m happy with you two as my family.” Trent said to Cassidy and Valina, making them happy.

“I am glad that is resolved, but something has me curious about this Colress fellow. A tad strange he let you off so easily...” Mai pondered.

“That guy is an enigma.” Tori said.

“It sounded like he was very nosy about your pasts...” Audrey noted.

“Yeah, he creeped me out. I’m just glad we got our locket back.” Cassidy said, as Valina holds it out, and they smile at each other.

“I just wonder what his game is...” Trent pondered.

Colress is seen in a secret room with Edward and Brak.

“Gentlemen, I have important information to share. I know you may have been curious on my plans. It is time I told you. Skipper cannot spy on us in this location, therefore making this a secure discussion room.” Colress said.

“Did your actions today contribute to your grand plan?” Brak asked.

“Yes. It helped me learn more about where the royal army emerges, what our heroes are willing to do for each other, and how ‘useful’ Broodwing is. But there is more. You see...the magic of Karmania is not something that can easily be understood or defeated. However, with the research I gathered from when Trent and Madison were captured, and from today’s events, I’ve been able to fully decipher the readings from my scanner. With the readings, I am developing weapons that will counteract their magical powers. As I said before, in order to defeat an enemy...you must know them.” Colress revealed, smiling, and shows the blueprints for his weapons on a table.

“Excellent work, this is something they will not see coming. I knew hiring you was the right choice.” Edward said, laughing.

Colress is later seen outside the base, wandering through the forests. He stops and contacts someone privately with a mysterious device.

“Yes, the mission is proceeding as planned without any errors. None of them have shown any suspicion of my true origins, and place their trust solely in me. I believe they could be a decent ally to us, improvements notwithstanding. I am close to figuring out a way to deal with the rebels. I will keep you updated in time.” Colress replied ominously, ending a communication.

Notes/Trivia:

-Knight Stone Upgrade: Trent’s stone gains the power of burning through surfaces.

-First time the heroes have met the Snail-tective duo.

-The battle armor the royal soldiers wear is the same one that was in development from “Ultra Power”.

-This is the first time since “Popular” Trent’s drawing talents are brought up.

-Nick mentions Pyrite Town has algae again, and that Vexacus’s forcefield is gone.

-The mention of Posidonia exiting the Corealean Union from “Magnum Opus” is brought up again, revealing it did not go through.

-It is revealed Broodwing did try to get revenge on Valina after vowing to in “Ancient Ghosts”, but failed badly at it as the flashback showed, and eventually gave up.

-The cop on Snail-tective’s name is Bruce Briggs, and he is

Trent’s father.

-

It is implied Colress may be hiding something about his reasons for joining the Neo Federation. He is also developing weapons to counter the heroes’ magic powers using his research from “I Hate Rotwell” and this chapter.

And yes, for official confirmation...

Cassidy and Valina are indeed a couple (and were back in the old days). This was not done to be “cool”. I apologize if this offends you, and will offer a free doughnut as a compensation gift.

• Like 3
  • Happy 1

Really loving this episode, I seems to noticed how Contress carefully planned this out without spoiling his true evil plans between Edward & Brak...something tells me he must've working with the beast as i predicted what's going to happen. As for Trent's father realved as he's the cop from silly television show surprised me. I was glad Trent at least happy to see him even he can't remenber his family.

As for Cassidy and Valina become lesbian couple? actually support it, as long as Trent is happy with them being part of family :)

Overall, an interesting insight episode focusing Contress as Braddwing pointed it out. as i think he might abandon them soon...

• Like 2

Excellent episode, as always Jjs. The twist with the star of Snail-tective being Trent's long lost father was quite unexpected, but a welcome tidbit as it tied the show-within-a-show closer to the lore of the rest of the series. The backstory that Valina gives seemed quite sad, but at the very least, Bruce was put on a happy path. As much as it sucks for Val and Trent to let Bruce go, I admire their sacrifice, and who knows what the future will bring. Speaking on the official confirmation of ValCass, I liked the way you handled it within the episode, and I think it's sweet that Valina keeps a locket of the two. I also appreciate the representation for gay families. Trent's declaration of being happy with the family consisting of him, Valina, and Cassidy was sweet. I hope we get more family moments of the trio as the show goes along.

• Like 3

Yeah, there's nothing to apologize for regarding making Valina and Cassidy a couple. I could see it was done for story purposes, not to try and "be hip". The only thing I saw wrong was Valina using Bruce to have a child when she could've just gotten a sperm donor, and she didn't seem to be proud of that either. I also really want to know now what's up with Colress. :D

• Like 3

72. The Magnetic Menace

At night, the Posidonia beach is shown, with nobody there. The ocean moves wildly, as a mysterious mechanical object rises from the depths. It is a large, silver, technologically advanced floating ship. Two large mechanical claws come out of the sides, as the headlights on the front scan the beach. Inside the control room, a mysterious figure is seen, as they look at a map. 

“Hmm...the signal came from this exact location. Someone activated one of my offline scavengers, but who? Perhaps a random civilian? Or...someone else of importance? No matter, I will bring the scavenger back here no problem...” the figure said.

They then press a button, as the ship makes a magnetic pulse. It sends out an ominous, distorted signal sound, which echoes across Posidonia.

Zero is seen with Darlene at her house, helping her work on machines and chemical experiments.

“I appreciate the help, it means a lot to me.” Darlene said to him.

“It is no problem. I will always be here to help you.” Zero replied, as Darlene smiles.

Suddenly, Zero hears the odd noise, and begins to act odd. He has a blank expression, as he slowly walks out of the room.

“Zero, where are you going?” Darlene asked, confused, but he gives no reply.

Zero keeps walking oddly, as he heads out of the house. Darlene gives chase.

“Hey, stop! What’s going on here?” Darlene asked, concerned, as he keeps walking off.

Zero keeps walking along the sidewalk, as Darlene runs in front of him. 

“Are you okay?” Darlene asked, waving her hand across his face, to no response.

She looks at his eyes, noticing they appear to be blank and static.

“This does not seem normal. I should probably ask his friends about this...” Darlene pondered, as Zero kept nonchalantly walking.

Darlene frantically runs to the dojo. She enters, seeing the heroes inside.

“Hey Darlene, what’s up?” Audrey asked.

“There’s a major issue with Zero. I am not sure what is happening myself, but he is mysteriously walking off on his own, and stopped responding to me. It’s as if something is controlling him...” Darlene explained, concerned.

“That doesn’t sound normal of him...” Cynthia said, worried.

“Yeah...something’s not right here. Let’s find him, I doubt he went far.” Jake said.

“That’s really weird, sounds like some creepy robotic sleepwalking, except he’s not sleeping. I hope someone didn’t mind-control him like Zurtrax did that one time...” Nick said, concerned, as the heroes rush off.

“It’s kind of creepy to wander around Posidonia this late at night...” Trent said, looking around.

“At least it’s a nice summer night.” Audrey said.

They then see Zero ominously walking along a path.

“There he is!” Jake said.

“Zero!” Madison yelled, to no response.

The gang follows, as Zero heads toward the beach. 

“The beach? What’s he heading there for? Is he going to relax at night when nobody else is there?” Cynthia asked, as the gang gets closer to him.

“Zero, can you hear me?” Cameron asked, as Zero gives no response, and keeps walking past him.

“Come on doc, don’t you recognize us? I don’t want our good memories to be erased. Ah, I still remember the day the professor and I first met...” Nick reminisced, having a flashback.

Zero is shown escaping the Posidonia castle in his jet-pack. The soldiers are seen rushing out of the castle, in hot pursuit of him. Zero lands in the forest faraway from the castle, as he runs.

“I am now a wanted fugitive by the Federation. I’ll have to lay low...”  Zero said to himself, wandering through the forests.

He then makes his way to downtown, walking across the sidewalk, and looking around cautiously. Suddenly, a pickup truck approaches him from behind, as Zero hears it. He quickly turns around, and is about to run, fearing it may be the Federation. However, the window goes down to show Nick, which relieves Zero.

“Hi there, dude. Are you lost?” Nick asked.

“I suppose so...who are you?” Zero asked.

“Name’s Nick, Nick Carson for the full name, but you could just call me Nick like most people do. Anyways, hi, we’ve been watching you, doc...” Nick rambled, confusing Zero.

“What are you talking about?” Zero asked.

“Come with me to learn more. I promise I’m not a creepy weirdo, I’m cool. Trust me.” Nick offered.

“I suppose I don’t have another choice...” Zero said, as he gets in the passenger seat of the truck, and buckles his seatbelt. “My name is Professor Zero.”

“Oh yeah, I totally knew. We know you’ve been on the run from the Federation dudes, and I’m here to rescue you...well, this didn’t really turn into a rescue, more so of a coincidental spotting, but you get me.” Nick explained, shocking Zero.

“How did you know about my escape from the Federation?” Zero asked curiously.

“They’re searching for you in both Karmania and here, Posidonia. Ranen overheard the soldiers earlier say your name. He wants you to join us. I promise, we’re cool and actually good.” Nick explained to Zero.

“Who is this Ranen? I presume your group is rebelling against the Federation.” Zero replied.

“Ranen’s a cool commander, trust me, he’s been waiting for you. He somehow knew we needed to find you, I dunno how, but he did, and I don’t question his logic. Trust me though, if you join our club, you will be respected by us.” Nick said.

“I suppose you cannot be any worse than my last employees. Deal, but if you are tricking me...” Zero was saying.

“I promise dude, no strings are being pulled, and by strings, I mean strings used for stuff like secret boxes or instruments-” Nick rambled.

“I get it. I see you sure like to go on tangents.” Zero replied, smirking.

“Yeah, I guess I do, sorry doc, force of habit. Anyways, want this chocolate bar for the ride? I guess you must be hungry...” Nick offered, taking one out of the bag.

“Sure...I guess. Thank you...” Zero replied, taking the chocolate bar.

The two are later seen arriving at Ranen’s dojo, as they enter in to see Ranen and Cameron.

“Welcome, Professor Zero. I am Ranen, and this is Cameron Rhodes. I know about your escape from King Ramos. I presume you know about Karmania.” Ranen greeted to him.

“Yes, I know most about Karmania. I am surprised it truly exists. There is much more for me to tell you about...myself, but I am curious how you knew to find me...” Zero questioned.

“I have my ways of knowing, but I promise you will be safe with us. We will not let the Federation harm you. Welcome to the rebellion.” Ranen said to Zero, making him smile.

Ranen is then seen in another room, opening a case. Inside of it are silver, blue and green knight stones. They show visions of Zero, Cameron and Nick respectively on them, ending the flashback.

“Let me try the simple way. Hey doc, snap out of it.” Tori said, using her mind powers, and repeating “snap out of it” multiple times to Zero.

Zero then stops in his tracks, and regains his senses.

“What...how did I get here...” Zero wondered, looking around, and seeing the gang.

“You just randomly got up, and began walking to this place. Is everything okay?” Darlene asked.

“No...I remember now...it’s the sound...” Zero said, pointing to the beach.

“I don’t hear anything...” Audrey said, confused.

“Only...I can...gah...” Zero was saying, as he hears the noise again, and goes static. He then blankly keeps walking on the beach.

“Well, it was nice while it lasted...” Tori sighed, as Zero walks further down the beach.

The heroes all stop, as they see the mysterious ship floating above the waters.

“...What is that?” Madison asked, concerned.

“Looks like something out of an alien movie.” Trent said.

“Is that a Federation ship?” Audrey asked.

“I don’t think it is. It doesn’t look like one I’ve seen before.” Jake replied.

“I sense someone is in there, but whether if they’re a friend or foe, I can’t tell...” Nick said, waving his fin around, and analyzing the ship with the green glow.

A silver platform ramp then comes out of the ship, landing down onto the sand. Zero keeps walking up the ramp, into the ship. The gang carefully follows, walking up the ramp. The mysterious figure is seen in the control room, watching the heroes board the ship through a monitor.

“Now who are these trespassers? Wait a minute...is that who I think it is...” the figure said, recognizing Zero in the hallway, as he keeps watching.

The heroes enter inside of the ship, seeing an advanced technological hall, with glowing lights on the walls.

“Well so far this place doesn’t seem too bad. It looks surprisingly pretty for a mysterious ship from who knows where.” Cynthia said, impressed.

They see Zero walk to the end of the hallway, as the steel doors slide open. He goes through, as the doors close behind. The heroes reach the end of the hall, but the doors will not open.

“I don’t think these doors are going to open for us.” Jake said.

“Great, what a warm welcome.” Tori said sarcastically.

“Let me try. Open sesame!” Nick yelled, clapping his hands, but nothing happened. “Nope, didn’t work.”

“I got this.” Madison said, as she presses her hand against the panel, letting out an electric charge. The sliding doors then open up, as they head into the next room.

Outside, the damaged metallic pod is seen flying out of the beach caverns. It flies toward the ship, as the ship grabs it with one of the claws. A hatch opens, and the pod is sent through the hatch, as it closes. The figure then presses another button, turning the magnetic pulse off. 

“That will be enough. I have what I need, and more. Now then, I have some uninvited guests to handle...” the figure said, as he gets up, and odd metal noises are heard clanking against the floor.

Back in the other room, the heroes look around at several strange gizmos and contraptions on display. There are many sealed doors in the room.

“The Rocket Toaster: makes your toast in the speed of light. Wow, that’s genius.” Nick read, as he sees a toaster with a rocket attached to it behind a glass window.

“The Ultimate Beverage Mixer 3000: makes your favorite soda, coffee, smoothies, and so much more.” Jake read, seeing a super blender behind a glass window.

“Oh man, I could use that...” Trent said, looking at it.

“Perfume Deluxe: Comes in over nine thousand different perfume styles. Now that’s something I could use, how convenient.” Cynthia said, looking at a high-tech perfume bottle behind a glass window.

“The Jet Kite: a combination of a jet-pack and kite, allowing you to soar through the air like you never could before. That would be nice and original, except I already have mermaid powers that let me do that.” Audrey said, looking at the Jet Kite behind a glass window.

“Whoever owns this strange ship seems to be gifted at making these fascinating contraptions. But where is Zero?” Darlene wondered.

“Don’t get too comfortable. Be wary, I feel something is off about this place. We still don’t even know who owns the ship.” Cameron said cautiously. 

“Yeah, I feel you. Can the owner of this ship please come out, or give some sign that they are alive, or something? We really want to find our friend. Hello?” Nick asked.

Suddenly, a circular door on the left wall opens, as two small, brown, rusty gear robots come sliding out of it.

“Greetings, welcome to Lord Scrappertin’s magnificent home.” the first gear robot said, looking at them with its yellow eyes.

“Hi there. Have you seen our friend?” Madison asked.

“I am not programmed to answer that.” the robot replied.

“Wow, okay.” Tori replied.

“My apologies, their programming is a bit outdated. I don’t get many visitors...” the mysterious figure said.

Suddenly, they hear metal footsteps, as the mysterious figure comes out of the circular door. They are a robotic figure wearing a blue top hat, and have a purple liquid jar as their face with their brain inside. They have a monocle on their left eye, attached to the bottom of the jar, and a small blue gear as their right eye. They wear a white bowtie on their blue steel body, and a purple glowing box is in the center of their body. They wear a blue cape, and hold a long, gray metallic staff with multiple gears at the top of it.

“Uh...hello there...” Madison greeted awkwardly, confused by what she is seeing, as all of the heroes were.

“Well this isn’t something you see everyday...” Nick said.

“Part of me is feeling glad I can’t see what you are seeing right now...” Cameron said.

“Forgive my appearance, I know this must be an unusual sight to organic fish like yourselves. I am Lord Scrappertin, but you can just call me Scrappertin, hahaha! I know you probably have a lot of questions, so I’ll break the ice. A long long long time ago, I was once a fish like the rest of you. I was an expert at making gadgets where I came from. However, one day I grew tired of my fish body, and wanted more. I wanted to go to the next stage, so I cut off all my body parts, and transferred my organs into this robotic build you see standing before you, hahaha! I am a scavenger who travels across the ocean, collecting unneeded junk that nobody else wants. As you could tell from my displays, I make many gadgets using this technology, all for my home. Someday, I will become famous with my works. I send multiple scouter pods across the seas, which collect the unwanted technology for me, and they report back to this ship. However, some time ago, one of my pods sent a signal from this location called “Posidonia”. I sent out a magnetic signal to draw it back to my ship, so I apologize if that caused any problems...” Scrappertin explained, confusing the heroes.

“What a...fascinating story, Mr. Scrappertin. However, it appears your signal attracted my friend to this ship.” Darlene said.

“Now that’s odd. It would only attract him if he were robotic like me...” Scrappertin replied.

“Well he is half-fish and half-cyborg, so there you go.” Tori replied, as Scrappertin gives an odd smirk, but hides it.

“Yeah, his name is Professor Zero, and he’s one of my best friends. By the way, I should properly introduce ourselves. I’m Nick, or Nick Carson, but you can call me Nick for short, that’s Jake, that’s Cameron, that’s Trent, that’s Madison, that’s Cynthia, that’s Tori, that’s Audrey, and last but certainly not least, that’s Darlene, the professor’s girlfriend.” Nick introduced, and shakes Scrappertin’s white robot hand.

“What a motley and lovely crew you have, hahaha! I’m afraid I don’t know where your friend Zero went, but he is likely somewhere in my ship. He should be back to normal now. My sincerest apologies for the trouble, I just wanted to find that blasted pod! I only wish I knew who activated it in the first place, I hope it wasn’t some naughty rapscallion...” Scrappertin pondered.

“Actually...that was Zero and I’s doing, sorry sir. We were at the beach caverns a while ago trying to find out where he came from, when we discovered that pod. Now I see thanks to your backstory that it has nothing to do with his past.” Darlene explained.

“Ah, it is fine dear. You were able to bring it back to me, so I appreciate that, hahaha! Now then, I’ll look around for your friend Zero, but I insist to check out my other works. You can see many glorious inventions of mine through the rest of the ship, I promise it is open to all, except for any locked doors, do not try to open those.” Scrappertin said, pointing his staff to several doors, opening three of them. Scrappertin then heads back through the door he came in through with the two gear robots, and the door closes.

“Okay, am I the only one who is creeped out by this guy?” Cynthia asked.

“I don’t know...he seems nice, even if he’s a tad crazy.” Audrey replied, unsure.

“Yeah, I think there’s something...off about him, I sensed it from our handshake. I get the odd feeling he’s hiding something...” Nick pondered.

“Shocker.” Tori replied.

“What if he kidnapped Zero?” Trent asked.

“I wouldn’t be surprised. Let’s split up and look around to cover more ground.” Jake said.

“Alright, I’ll go with Darlene, since we’re his closest friends, nothing personal to you guys, Zero likes you all too, and I know being one of his best friends, but we have the most special and personal connections with him-” Nick rambled.

“We get it. Whatever makes you happy, sure. I’ll go with Madison, since we never really get to go together for these group split-ups.” Tori replied.

“Sure, why not.” Madison replied, as they head off into a north room.

“I’ll go with Audrey then.” Cynthia said, as the two head through a west room.

“I guess that leaves me with you two.” Jake said to Trent and Cameron, as they head through an eastern room. 

Nick and Darlene stay in the central room, as they look at the door Scrappertin went through.

“Something tells me there’s a particular reason he doesn’t want us to go in here...” Darlene said.

“I bet. Luckily though, I have been practicing a locked door opening spell. I legit wanted to try it earlier, but didn’t see much of a point since Madison has electricity powers and all, so I just kind of goofed around with that one-liner, but now that she’s not with us-” Nick was rambling.

“Alright, I get it, just please open this door.” Darlene replied.

Nick then casts the spell from his stone, which opens the sliding doors.

“Nice work! Let’s see what skeletons he has in his closet...” Darlene said.

“No problem. Also, I really hope he doesn’t have actual skeletons in his closet...” Nick said, as the two go down a dark hallway.

“Tread carefully.” Darlene said, noticing a camera on the ceiling. They carefully walk around in the shadows, avoiding its sights.

Madison and Tori are seen in a room with many of the scavenger pods. They see the damaged one in a row on the left side of the room.

“So far, nothing out of the ordinary...” Madison said, as the two carefully look around.

Tori sees one pod that has multiple pieces of old mechanical objects inside of it.

“Nothing odd on this side, they match up with his story of collecting junk. Yeah, this is probably the least suspicious room so far. How boring.” Tori said.

“Hey, wait a minute...this pod has objects that don’t look old at all...” Madison said, as Tori comes over to her.

They look inside the pod to see Federation equipment and weapons that are not in poor condition.

“It looks like he stole these...yeah, this guy is totally not evil.” Tori said sarcastically.

Suddenly, the room door closes, locking them in.

“Something also tells me he’s been watching and hearing us...” Madison said, seeing a circular camera above the door.

Cynthia and Audrey are seen wandering through another invention room, which has many more of Scrappertin’s inventions on display.

“Let’s not waste time looking at them, I really think he did something to Zero.” Cynthia said.

“Yeah, but I don’t see anything suspicious here...” Audrey said, looking around, and then spots something of peculiar interest in a box of objects. She sees part of a ripped map in it, which has a chain of three islands, but have red x’s marked across them.

“What’s that?” Cynthia asked.

“Part of a map showing these mysterious islands. No clue what it could mean, but maybe they’re just random islands his robot thingies visited.” Audrey said.

“Kind of odd he kept a map of these three specific islands though. Doesn’t he have have some super tech map, why would he need this?” Cynthia wondered.

“You’re right...maybe these islands are more important than we think. I’ll hold onto it, this could make good evidence.” Audrey said, putting it in her pocket.

Suddenly, the door closes, locking them inside.

“Yeah, I think he’s onto us...” Cynthia said.

Jake, Cameron and Trent are seen entering another invention room. Jake sees a mechanical helmet on display behind a glass window.

“Helmet 3000: a helmet that actually does a wonderful job protecting your noggin unlike most helmets, and can shoot lasers to turn hated enemies into ash.” Jake read.

“That sounds pretty cool.” Trent replied.

“Wait...why would he install weapons onto this device? That doesn’t really make much sense for someone who claims to just want to collect things and make inventions to be benefit the world.” Cameron noted suspiciously.

“Yeah, I think we’re being deceived.” Jake said.

“What’s behind this door?” Trent asked, seeing a metal door.

“Do not enter...yeah, something is being hidden here.” Jake said, reading the “DO NOT ENTER” sign above the door.

“Well now we have to enter it.” Cameron replied.

Trent burns right through the metal door with his knight stone, as it falls down. The three enter into a dark room, which has many gear robots in sleep mode, sitting on metal shelves. Jake then sees several weapons in the back of the room. There is a sign on the wall saying: “Weapons in development, which I will use to destroy the foolish organics, hahaha! - S”

“Yeah, this guy is evil.” Trent said.

“Time to get the others and get out.” Jake said, as the three head for the exit.

Suddenly, like the rooms before, the door closes on them.

“No problem, I got this-” Trent was saying, when they hear noises from behind.

Multiple bronze, gold and silver gear robots wake up, and march out of the room, looking at the three angrily. They point out their right robot arms, showing laser guns on them.

“Intruders. Must terminate.” a gear robot spoke, as it fires at them, and they dodge.

The three press their knight stones and power up, as they attack the gear robots. 

“These little things shouldn’t be a threat.” Trent said, firing laser arrows at them.

Meanwhile, in the dark control room, Zero is seen strapped against a metal wall. Scrappertin approaches him, laughing. A gear robot is shown holding Zero’s knight bracelet. Scrappertin looks to his right, seeing screens of the heroes.

“Your precious comrades know my secrets, what a shame, hahaha! No matter, they will be vaporized soon. ” Scrappertin said.

“They are stronger than you anticipate...” Zero replied.

“We shall see about that. Now then, this bracelet is a fascinating device. You can make a great asset to my team. Join me, professor!” Scrappertin offered, as he holds up Zero’s bracelet.

“No, you are clearly insane. They will rescue me.” Zero replied.

“Oh well, I just wanted to reunite with one of my creations, but alas...” Scrappertin said.

“You did not create me.” Zero replied.

“Blasted, I thought that trick would work! You have gotten much smarter since we last met. I never anticipated to find you here of all places, but thanks to you reactivating my scavenger pod, we have reunited...” Scrappertin replied, confusing Zero.

“What are you talking about? I’ve never met you before...” Zero replied.

“Intriguing...it appears you do not remember me. Well then XJ0, allow me to explain. A long time ago, I was once an assistant to three minds on a faraway island. They created you amongst other powerful machines. Unfortunately, your creators were fools, and fired me due to not agreeing with my amazing ideas to let machines take over this pitiful, disgusting world. I saw how corrupted this ocean had become, and knew the organics’ times were up. So I fled the island, and ended up the way I am today!” Scrappertin revealed, shocking Zero.

“XJ0...” Zero said, thinking to himself. “I cannot believe someone like you would truly have been a part of my creation...”

“Yes, that is who you are. Your creators may have been fools, but we can reunite! Join me Zero, and you can rule alongside me in the robot world, hahaha!” Scrappertin offered.

“Never! My creators would never have wanted this, whoever they are...” Zero replied.

“That’s a shame. I guess I’ll just do this the hard way then, hahaha!” Scrappertin replied, as he pulls out a mechanical chainsaw, and turns it on.

“What are you doing!?” Zero asked, struggling to break free.

“Hahaha, they always asked me that back on the island, “what are you doing”! I am going to rip out your circuits, and place them in ME! I need your power and smarts to finish my work!” Scrappertin said, laughing, and Zero is concerned.

Darlene and Nick approach the control room, seeing two gear robots outside the door.

“Help!” Zero yelled from inside, which Darlene and Nick heard.

Nick powers up, and quickly destroys the two gear robots with his sword. He casts another door opening spell, as Darlene and him enter the control room.

“Hey weirdo, leave my friend alone!” Nick shouted, confusing Scrappertin, who turns around.

“What, how did you get in he-” Scrappertin was asking, as Nick sends a magic blast from his stone, knocking him to the other side of the control room, dropping the knight bracelet.

“Nick and Darlene, I am extremely relieved to see you.” Zero said, happy.

"As are we." Darlene said.

The small gear robot shoots laser blasts, but Darlene kicks it, making it fall over. Nick then slices it in half with his sword, as Darlene frees Zero.

"I'm so glad you're okay, dude. I can't imagine life without my best friend..." Nick said.

“I owe you two my gratitude. Now, let’s handle him.” Zero said, as Scrappertin angrily gets up. Zero then grabs the knight bracelet from the floor, putting it on, and powering up.

“What kind of fancy outfits are those?” Scrappertin asked, seeing Nick and Zero’s knight outfits.

Zero sends an electric blast from his sword at Scrappertin, but he blocks it with his staff. Scrappertin charges at him, but Zero teleports away, confusing him.

“What witchcraft is this!?” Scrappertin asked, scratching his head, as Zero reappears behind.

He then slices Scrappertin’s head off, as it falls to the ground, and the rest of his body collapses.

“Ouch, would hate to be in his position right now.” Nick said.

“Fools, this is not over!” Scrappertin said, as his head forms four robot spider legs, and the head crawls around the room, avoiding the three.

“Okay, that is unsettling...” Darlene said, creeped out.

More gear robots appear from the hallway, and attack. Scrappertin’s head then crawls onto the control panel, and makes the ship start moving. Back at Madison and Tori’s room, Madison lets out an electric pulse on the control panel, opening the door. They enter back into the main room, seeing the locked doors.

“Looks like he locked the others in too, except for Darlene and Nick.” Madison noted, noticing the path they went through is open.

Audrey is seen in her invisible form, walking through the doors. She goes to the control panel and opens the door, as Cynthia comes out. Audrey reappears, and the two reunite with Madison and Tori.

“Hey, I was just about to free you guys.” Madison said.

“Audrey’s invisibility power had us covered.” Cynthia replied.

Trent’s stone is seen burning through the door, as him, Jake and Cameron come out of it. The girls notice destroyed gear robots all over the room.

“I can tell you three had fun.” Tori said.

Suddenly, more gear robots march out of the weapon room, and the open hallway, cornering the heroes. Madison holds up the heart, transforming the four girls.

“Looks like we get to have fun destroying these dorks too.” Cynthia said.

Madison uses her electric powers to control the Rocket Toaster, as it goes smashing out of the glass, and smashes into a gear robot, breaking it apart. Cameron, Jake and Trent slice them apart, as Audrey and Tori send combined ice beams at them, freezing some. Cynthia then smashes her fist against the ice, breaking the gear robots into pieces.

“Is it just me, or does it feel like this ship is moving?” Audrey asked, as she blows a gear robot against the wall, smashing it apart.

Back in the control room, Darlene, Zero and Nick fight off the gear robots, as Scrappertin laughs, crawling on top of the chair.

“You pathetic robots can do better than that, you are my creations!” Scrappertin said, as the ship flies through Posidonia's night skies. 

Gus is seen outside of his shop, and sees the ship flying in the sky.

“Whoa...” Gus said.

Back in the main room, the heroes finish off the remaining gear robots.

“I assume Zero is that way.” Jake said, as they head down the dark hallway.

They blast their way through more gear robots, and head into the control room. Zero slices two more gear robots in half, sending their parts everywhere, with a gear hitting Tori in the arm.

“Ow. Whoa, I see someone lost their body...” Tori said, seeing the remains of Scrappertin’s body on the floor.

“Sorry we weren’t faster in saving you, our groups got locked in the rooms, and we had to deal with these annoying things.” Cynthia said, seeing a gear robot head on the ground, and she slaps it away with her mermaid tail.

"We discovered he's making weapons." Jake revealed.

"He's also stealing perfectly good technology." Madison revealed.

“I know, I saw everything on his monitors.” Zero said, pointing to the controls, as the heroes see Scrappertin’s head crawl on the panel.

“That is just weird.” Audrey said, sending a gust blast at the head, but Scrappertin jumps, barely avoiding it. He then stares at the girls, curious.

“What...mermaid fairies!? What are you girls!?” Scrappertin asked nervously.

“Something you’ll regret messing with.” Madison said, throwing an electricity ball at him, but he jumps off the chair, avoiding it. 

Zero then swings his sword at the head, knocking Scrappertin aside. While on the ground, he grabs his gear staff with one of the legs. The heroes corner him, as they stare him down.

“Never lure me with a magnetic signal and try to steal my body ever again.” Zero said mad, charging his sword.

“Wow, he’s mad...” Nick whispered to Darlene.

“Yeah, I’ve never seen him like that before. That’s why you don’t mess with him.” Darlene replied, smiling.

“Well, it’s been fun but now I’ve got to go!” Scrappertin said, as the head crawls down the hallway quickly, avoiding Zero’s electric strike.

Scrappertin then meets up with two gear robots down the hall, as he jumps on one’s shoulder, and hands it his gear staff. The other gear robot opens an escape pod, as the three enter inside of it. The heroes stop outside of it, seeing the pod about to blast off.

“Toodles, you strange fish! I will get my revenge on all of you another day! You’ve made a grave mistake, XJ0. In the meantime, enjoy the out of control ship! Don’t even try to stop it, the controls are locked. Have a nice day.” Scrappertin taunted, as the pod blasts off.

The heroes see the Posidonia forests below them.

“I don’t think we have much of a choice here. Jump!” Zero said, as they all jump out of the entrance.

Madison grabs Trent, Cynthia grabs Darlene and Zero, Audrey grabs Jake, and Tori grabs Nick and Cameron, lowering them to safety. They see the ship go flying past the Neo Federation base in the distance, and an explosion is heard faraway.

“Well, he’s never getting that ship back.” Audrey said.

The heroes then power down, as they leave the area. They are later seen near Darlene’s house.

“It appears this Scrappertin knows where I came from. He claims to have been an assistant to three scientists who created me on a faraway island. Apparently my original name was “XJ0”. Unfortunately, I do not know anything else, but it is a start. I just wish this backstory came from someone sane.” Zero explained.

“It would’ve been pretty sad if this guy was your main creator, thankfully he was just some lowly assistant. He probably just got coffee for them or something.” Cynthia said.

“At least you got to know more about your past, doc. It’s just disappointing the only key to your past is some loon, but I’ll be here for you.” Darlene said, kissing him on the cheek.

“Faraway island, huh? Maybe he’s not the only key you need. While on the ship, I found this map...” Audrey said, handing it to Zero.

“Maybe one of these islands is where Zero came from?” Jake wondered.

“It is possible, but I have no clue where any of these islands could be located, since the rest of the map is gone. Still, it is a start.” Zero said, happy.

“I am sure you want a break after that strange adventure, so Darlene and Zero, feel free to go back to whatever you were doing, and have some fun. We’ll leave you two alone, yeah, just you two. I may be Zero’s best friend, but he deserves time with his lady-” Nick said to the two.

“That's enough of your rambling for one day.” Cynthia interrupted.

“Oh, we will have fun. We were working on some interesting chemical reactions, so we'll be getting back to those. Bye everyone, it was fun to work with you again. Hopefully you don’t deal with more psychos anytime soon.” Darlene said, as she heads back into her house with Zero.

“We’ll try not to, but we probably will.” Tori replied.

Darlene goes into her lab with Zero, as she puts on goggles. Zero looks at the map in curiosity, and puts it in his pocket.

Several Neo Federation soldiers, along with Brak, Vexacus and Colress, are seen approaching Scrappertin’s crashed ship in the forests.

“What is this strange contraption?” Vexacus inquired.

“Doesn’t appear to be from the Federation.” Brak said, looking at it.

“Indeed, how curious this is. Our forces could use another ship. I have a feeling this could end up being most useful to my plans. Take it back to the base.” Colress ordered, as the soldiers begin to dig it out of the ground, along with picking up debris.

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: Scrappertin (made an unnamed cameo at the end of “On the Beach”), Gear Robots

-It is revealed how Zero met Nick, showing an extended flashback not seen in “Cyborg”.

-This is the first time Nick’s pickup truck (first mentioned in “Teamwork”) is seen.

-It is implied the four knight stones did choose Jake, Cameron, Zero and Nick on their own (like Flinn’s), and they showed visions of the four to Ranen, which is how he found Jake and Zero.

-

Scrappertin is revealed to have been an assistant to Zero’s creation a long time ago on some island, but further details are left ambiguous.

-

Zero’s real name is XJ0.

-

The Neo Federation takes what remains of Scrappertin’s ship.

• Like 3

Great episode! Scrappertin was psychotic, and it's upsetting that he's tied to Zero's past. At the very least, he's one step closer to figuring out his complete origins. It was also good to see Darlene again. I really enjoy the Zerolene ship, and I think they're perfect for each other. As smart as they are, they'll manage to figure everything out eventually. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jjsthekid said:

“Ow. Whoa, I see someone lost their body...” Tori said, seeing the remains of Scrappertin’s body on the floor.

Come on Tori, the joke is "someone lost their head". DX

4 hours ago, jjsthekid said:

"We were working on some interesting chemical reactions, so we'll be getting back to those." Darlene said.

Now there's someone who knows comedy. (smirk)

I actually liked how Scrappertin was revealed to be a truly evil psycho, in contrast to Branton Jack, who was just a jerk with a heart of gold. I also liked the flashback showing Nick as a trucker (how appropriate) and the end tie-in with the Neo Federation. I promise it's not any bias of mine giving me the premonition that Colress has something to do with this...

• Like 1

73. Cold as Ice

Roxy is in her backyard, petting her orange seahorse. She then looks into its eyes, as they glow pink, confusing Roxy.

“Are you okay, Riley?” Roxy asked concerned to the seahorse.

The pink glow fades away from the seahorse’s eyes, as it goes back to normal. The seahorse smiles at her happily.

“This keeps happening with a lot of animals I see lately...” Roxy said, concerned.

A pair of dimensional scissors are seen cutting through the air outside near Roxy’s house, as Icy comes out of the portal.

“Whew, Karmania sure has changed a lot in the past thirty-five years! Good thing I escaped that weirdo hunter just in time. It’s all thanks to these fancy advanced scissors that take me back and forth now. Haha, that soldier was a sucker...” Icy said, as she kisses the handle of her scissors. The scissor blades are shown to be icy. “Unfortunately, that dumb hunter is getting in the way of my plans! I cannot get that artifact alone either...I need help...but alas, I have no friends...”

Icy then looks at Roxy’s house nearby. 

“Ooh, nice house. I wonder who lives there...” Icy pondered. “Eh, probably not someone important to my plans, like at all. Moving on.”

As Icy begins to walk away, whistling, a jogger passes by her, and then stops.

“Hey...you’re that weird lady, Icy is it, yeah, it’s you! You were on the news a while ago!” the jogger said.

“Why yes, yes I am! Want an autograph or something?” Icy asked.

“You’re a wanted criminal, so if I call the cops right now, I could get a lot of money! Heh, alright!” the jogger said, as they begin dialing their cell phone.

Icy then quickly shoots an ice beam at their phone, as it freezes solid. It then smashes onto the sidewalk, with the shards shattering everywhere, shocking the jogger.

“Wuh...AAAHH!!!” the jogger yelled, as he runs away.

“Coward, face me like a real man!” Icy yelled, throwing an ice blast at him, but it misses.

Icy then rolls her eyes, as Roxy walks out of her house after hearing the commotion, holding a trash bag.

“Is everything okay out here?” Roxy asked.

“Oh...yes, some weirdo was trying to rob me, but they won’t be messing with me again, haha!” Icy covered.

“Alright, if you say so miss. Have a nice day.” Roxy said oddly, as she throws the trash bag into the black trash container. 

She dusts off her hands, as they form pink glows. The glow attracts a flying scallop overhead, as it flies down toward Roxy, and happily flies in front of her. Its eyes glow pink like Riley’s did earlier.

“Um...hello there, good scallop.” Roxy said, petting the scallop.

The glow stops, as the scallop goes back to normal, and flies off. Icy noticed the events that transpired, and gasps in surprise.

Edward is seen in a room at the Neo Federation base, standing in front of a slideshow. Brak and Vexacus are in there with him.

“Welcome, gentlemen. Today I would like to discuss with you “The Hunter and Witch Problem”. As you aware, those two fools have become useless and wastes of space. I’d like for you two to partake in a top secret mission. Succeed, and I can finally fire those two morons.” Edward explained, as the slideshow shows pictures of 5 and 7 with red x’s across them.

5 and 7 overhear them from the other side of the door.

“I knew it. He wants to replace us...” 7 said, annoyed.

“How could he?” 5 asked, also annoyed, as the two keep listening in on the conversation.

“I want you two to hunt down the witch known as “Icy”. You may know her as that silly villain who commits petty crimes across the sea, but she is in fact a magic user from Karmania. A long time ago, she tried to take over the world, but the previous guardians and knights defeated her. She recently resurfaced, and has made her way back to Karmania after stealing one of our soldier’s dimensional scissors. Another hunter was patrolling the Permafrost Mountains, and was attacked by her. The witch then rambled to him she had “big plans”, claiming she would “wipe out the Federation, royal army, and guardians” all at once, or some nonsense like that. We cannot let her steal our glory. I want her out of the picture.” Edward explained, as the slideshow shows a picture of Icy.

“As you wish, father. She does not sound like a major issue. Her words come off as empty threats.” Brak replied.

“Yes, I suspect this witch is all talk, but no show, like several pitiful rivals I’ve faced in the past. We will succeed, and then you can finally get rid of the dead weight holding us down.” Vexacus replied, laughing.

“Not if we, beat them to the punch...” 7 said on the other side, as the two walk down the hallway.

“He mentioned another hunter pursuing the witch, but who?" 5 wondered.

“Whoever it is, we’ll have another member on our side to catch this witch. The spoiled pompous son of Edward’s and that pompous shark will both learn they cannot replace us.” 7 replied, smiling.

The heroes are seen entering the Permafrost Village, in their knight and guardian forms.

“Ugh, not this place again...” Cynthia sighed, and she shivers.

“I know you don’t like this area, but the villagers have reported suspicious strangers have been entering the mountains recently, according to Ranen. It’s our job to investigate.” Zero explained.

“This is my first time visiting this place, and it looks pretty cool...no pun intended.” Trent said, looking at the ice and sculptures around, along with the village houses.

“Let’s not do the ice puns again.” Tori said.

“Good idea.” Cynthia replied.

“Welcome guardians and knights, we built these ice sculptures in your honor!” a villager greeted, as he shows them to a large ice sculpture depicting the four girls and six boys in their guardian and knight forms respectively.

“Wow, this is amazing!” Audrey complimented, looking at her sculpture.

“Nice, you guys got me down perfectly.” Tori said.

“My ice hair looks pretty on point, so it gets an A+ automatically from me.” Cynthia said.

“Great work, guys. We’re honored to have this in your village.” Madison said, impressed.

“Nice work, dudes. Not even I could make a replica of myself that realistic. It’s like an ice version of me...I’ll call him Ice Nick. Hopefully he doesn’t end up like poor Chilly Billy, I’ll never forget that brave dude.” Nick rambled.

“Who?” Trent asked, confused.

“Oh, it was during an adventure before your time. It was a snowman that got destroyed by robots on the mountain.” Madison explained.

“I still don’t know why he was so obsessed over that silly thing.” Tori said.

“Hey, Chilly Billy wasn’t a “silly thing”. Sure, he was an inanimate snowman that some random person we never met built, and ended up being a one-off character, but he mattered to me!” Nick said proudly, and then notices all of the heroes went on without him, heading up a snowy path to the mountains. “Hey, wait for me!”

Roxy is seen in her backyard again, petting Riley. Icy is hiding in a bush, and peeps out, seeing her.

“Alright, I need to do this carefully...” Icy said to herself.

Icy then jumps out of the bush, startling the seahorse. Roxy turns around, surprised to see Icy.

“Um...hello? What are you doing here?” Roxy asked nervously, as the seahorse growls at Icy.

“Sorry for the possible intrusion on your property, please don’t tell your parents, but hi, yes yes, I am the same woman you saw not even a few minutes ago. I need to talk to you, girl, for I have discovered something interesting about you!” Icy said, confusing Roxy.

“My parents aren’t home right now. What is it?” Roxy asked, still on edge.

“Oh, good. Anyways, you have magical powers nobody else knows about, but I do! You see...you are one of the guardians of Karmania, a hidden dimension on the other side of Posidonia. However, your elemental powers were hidden away for the longest time, but something made them come out. No clue how though. Anyways, I believe you control the element of...Animals. I know this because I saw the way that scallop acted earlier. Sorry if that’s a lot to take in.” Icy revealed, confusing and shocking Roxy.

“...I don’t believe any of this, you sound crazy! Go away!” Roxy said, walking back nervously, as the seahorse keeps growling.

“Come on seahorse, be good! I know, at first glance, this sounds like total nonsense, but I will prove it to you! Could any normie do this!?” Icy asked, shooting an ice blast from her hand at a tree, leaving a spot of ice on the bark, shocking Roxy and Riley.

“...That does seem pretty real...and you said I control the element of Animals? That may explain why Riley and other animals I’ve seen in Posidonia act weird around me lately... But Karmania is real? And I’m some protector of it? That would explain the weird creature sightings in the past. I still don’t know though, you might be bad for all I know, considering my seahorse doesn’t exactly like you...” Roxy pondered, as Riley growls at Icy, but Roxy calms the seahorse down by petting it.

“I promise, I’m not evil! I want to save Karmania from many evil forces, and you could aid me in my quest. I’ve...been looking for an apprentice of sorts. You could fit that role nicely. I’ll show you the ropes to this whole magical biz, promise. No tricks up my sleeve. I’ve been looking for a friend for so long, I wouldn’t ruin this chance. You may or may not have heard some news reports about me being this weird evil super villain, and they’re not true! Don’t listen to the fake news! I want to do good things for the whole world, not just Karmania!” Icy explained to Roxy.

“I don’t really watch the news, so I wouldn’t know about that stuff. But I haven’t had many friends lately either, so I kind of understand where you’re coming from, especially since Elana moved away, and Cynthia has become distant from me. Also, you mentioned I’m one of the guardians of Karmania...who are the others?” Roxy asked. Icy smiled after hearing Elana and Cynthia’s names, seeing an opportunity.

“...In time you’ll see, but now’s not the time to meet them. Don’t want to overwhelm you, but they’re not as cool as us. Now then, I will teach you how to master your elemental power! Even though I’m a master of Ice, I can still train you to unlock your full potential!” Icy said, smiling.

“Alright, but how useful is the element of Animal anyways? I’m not sure if there’s much to work with for that power. Plus, I don't know if I'm strong enough to be a guardian of some magical place that's only been known in myths. I'm just a teenage girl...” Roxy questioned, feeling unsure.

“Hey now, the element of Animal is a rare but powerful power! At least you’re not a Standard elemental! Such a pathetic power, it’ll be tough to find someone strong enough in that field, but we’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. Anyways, with the element of Animal, you can control all animals around to your will, and when there are no animals around, you can use their attacks on your own! Pretty cool, right?” Icy replied.

“I do like animals, so this could be cool. I’m worried I won’t be good at this guardian thing though. I also still have many questions. Are there powerful monsters in Karmania? What does Karmania look like? How come I didn’t get my powers at the same time as these other guardians?” Roxy asked, concerned.

“Whoa, one at a time, kiddo, but I know this is still a lot to take in. There are some tough beasts, but with my training, they’ll run in fear from the both of us! As for what it looks like, there are many amazing landscapes, like the Permafrost Mountains, my home. As for why you didn’t get your powers, I dunno, maybe you were a late bloomer or something, Karmania magic works in mysterious ways.” Icy replied, shrugging. “Speaking of magic, unfortunately you won’t be able to access your guardian form just yet. But as for what it looks like, it’s basically this...”

Icy then shoots an ice beam from her hand, startling Riley again, and forms an ice sculpture resembling a guardian. 

“A mermaid fairy? That’s cool. I guess maybe that Rotwell guy was onto something. But how do I get into that form?” Roxy inquired, impressed.

“The Heart of Karmania has to transform you with the rest of the guardians, but I don’t have that. Before you take on that form though, you should get used to your new powers. Let’s do some training!” Icy said.

“Sure, I guess, as long as we get done before my parents come back, since I think they’d probably call the police on you.” Roxy replied.

“Alright, concentrate carefully on your seahorse. Connect with it.” Icy said.

Roxy stares into Riley’s eyes, and places her hand on the seahorse’s head. Its eyes then glow pink. Icy then shoots an ice beam onto the ground, forming an ice dummy.

“Now, command it to attack that dummy!” Icy ordered.

“Riley, attack the ice!” Roxy ordered to the seahorse.

The seahorse jumps up and does so, slamming its tail against the ice, breaking it apart, surprising Roxy and Icy.

“Excellent work! You have a truly special bond with that pet of yours.” Icy noted.

“Thank you, we’ve had Riley for ten years now. She’s a great, sweet, and loyal pet.” Roxy replied, as the seahorse’s eyes stop glowing, and it looks around slightly confused.

“Yes, good work young one. Now let’s try working with more animals.” Icy said.

Brak and Vexacus are seen walking through a snowy forest, seeing the Permafrost Mountains up ahead. One of 7’s robots is floating through the forests, and notices the two with its red eye. Brak then stops.

“Stop. We’re being watched.” Brak said, as the two carefully look around through the snowy forests.

5 and 7 then appear from behind trees, and the robot floats down, confronting the two.

“What are you two doing here?” Vexacus asked, about to attack.

“We overheard everything. You will not replace us.” 5 said.

“Step aside, you two have become obsolete.” Vexacus said, growling at 5.

“It is your fault the grand hunter Zurtrax is no longer with us...” 5 said angrily to Vexacus, growling back at him.

“Not my fault he was a weak fool.” Vexacus replied, about to attack 5, and 7 readies the handle of her double-blade laser sword.

“As for the spoiled king in waiting over here, you’re not the big shot you make yourself out to be, Brak. You told them exactly where the queen’s parents are, and now they are back in Central Karmania.” 7 pointed out.

“I hoped luring them to the Shadow Lands would destroy them, but oh well. Orion and Meritel are not a problem. Now then, enough pettiness. Let’s cool our jets. How about we all work together to eliminate the witch?” Brak suggested.

“Will we receive credit?” 7 asked.

“Yes, as royalty, I swear we’ll credit you if this mission goes well. Neither of us have to leave the Neo Federation. Truce?” Brak offered.

“...Fine.” 5 reluctantly agreed.

“Well then, looks like we’re all going on a witch hunt.” 7 said, as her, 5 and the robot head up toward the mountain entrance.

“Are you sure about this?” Vexacus asked to Brak.

“We’ll use them to our advantage.” Brak replied deviously, as the two head up the mountain path.

The two hunters then stop, as they see the heroes enter Permafrost Mountain.

“Excellent, looks like more prey has entered the den...” 7 said.

“Why are they here?” Vexacus wondered.

“Perhaps they are hunting the same target as us...” 5 replied.

The heroes enter Permafrost Mountain, and wander around the icy caverns.

“So what exactly are we looking for?” Audrey asked.

“Something suspicious.” Jake replied.

“That’s not very specific.” Tori replied.

“Do you have a better answer?” Cynthia asked, as they notice three different paths up ahead.

“Now the question is, which path do we take?” Madison asked.

“Hmm...I got this.” Nick said, as he waves his fin in front of all three paths, showing the green aura. “There’s someone down this middle path...” Nick said.

“Middle path it is.” Jake said, as they go through the path, which takes them deeper down into the mountain. 

They notice many ancient ice structures along the path, and cracks across along the ice.

“I don’t remember us going down this tunnel before when we were inside the mountain...” Audrey said.

“More reason for us to go down it.” Cameron replied.

They reach a pit, feeling an ice brick floor, and notice more ancient ice structures around. Faraway in the distance, a large ice temple is seen on a platform.

“A hidden underground temple? Fascinating, never knew this was down here.” Zero noted, as they travel through the area.

In the shadows, a mysterious figure stands still, hiding behind an ice pillar. Cameron carefully walks by it. Suddenly, a new hunter jumps out from behind the pillar, with both sides of their red laser sword ignited, and attacks. Cameron strikes his sword against them, prepared. The hunter’s visor is up, not showing their face.

“Another one of those hunters?” Trent said, as he fires laser arrows at them.

The hunter then spins their laser sword, and deflects the laser arrows.

“What are you doing here?” Madison asked, shooting an electricity ball at him, but he jumps, avoiding it.

“I’m chasing a cold shadow.” the hunter replied, confusing the heroes.

They spin their laser sword around, deflecting attacks with it. Tori then quickly shoots a whirlpool around him, as he spins his blades through it, and jumps up. Tori then quickly floats, and shoots a water blast right at him before he can dodge, sending him smashing against the ice wall, and dropping his blade handle, with both lasers going back inside. He reaches for the handle, but Cameron steps on it before he can grab it.

“Nice work Tori.” Madison said.

“Dangit...” the hunter sighed under their visor.

“Sucks for you.” Tori taunted.

Suddenly, orange blasts are sent at the heroes, knocking some out of the way. The hunter then jumps up, and grabs his handle. Brak, Vexacus, 5 and 7 all jump down, and begin attacking. 7’s robot also appears, and fires lasers at the heroes.

“Great, all these losers...” Cynthia sighed, as the five surround them.

“The 8th Hunter, you were hunting the witch?” 5 asked.

“Yes, I confronted her earlier, but she escaped. I thought she went down here.” 8 replied, and spins his laser blades around, deflecting an ice rock attack from Cynthia.

“What witch?” Audrey asked, shooting a gust blast at Vexacus, but he teleports out of the way, avoiding it.

“Her name is Icy. You may know her.” Brak revealed, surprising the heroes. He then shoots an orange blast at Trent, knocking him down.

“Her again? I thought she was stuck in our world?” Cynthia asked, as Vexacus reappears in front of her. 

He then fires a laser blast at her from a handgun, but Madison strikes him with a lightning blast, knocking him down.

“I guess she got one of those fancy shmancy scissor thingies, or did a spell of her own. I had a feeling she’d return sooner or later.” Nick said, shooting a magic blast at Brak, but he blocks it with an orange shield.

“We’ll worry about her later, let’s focus on them first.” Jake said, clashing his sword against 5’s laser blades.

Cameron and Trent clash with 8, while Jake handles 5. Zero shoots electricity blasts from his sword at Brak, but he teleports, avoiding them. He then reappears behind Nick and him, but the two teleport away with their own powers. Brak looks around carefully, as the two reappear on each side, and attack him, getting him off guard, but he knocks Nick aside with his staff, and sends Zero into Jake with an orange blast. 

“Dang, he’s good...” Nick said.

Cynthia avoids more laser blasts from 7’s robot, and then makes a rock fall down from the ceiling, crushing it. 

“You will pay for that!” 7 yelled angrily, jumping up and trying to strike Cynthia with her laser blades, but misses.

“Ha, you’ll have to try harder than that!” Cynthia taunted back, and strikes another rock at 7, knocking her across the ice ground.

Meanwhile, Roxy is seen near Farmer Bob’s farm with Icy, who is wearing an ice blue hoodie and hat to hide her identity. They are looking at his manatees from behind the fence.

“Yup, y’all can play with mah manatees, just don’t let ‘em loose!” Farmer Bob said, whistling, as he walks off.

“What a nice, strange, old man. Now then Roxy, focus on the manatees like you did to your pet.” Icy commanded.

Roxy does so, as she closes her eyes. She stares into one manatee’s eyes, as they glow pink. She makes it move around, as Icy forms three ice sculptures. Roxy makes the manatee belly flop right into them, smashing the sculptures apart. She then lets go of control.

“Good, good, you are getting stronger! You know kid, if you want...we could visit Karmania right now. It won’t be long, I promise.” Icy said.

“As long as there’s nothing dangerous I have to deal with right away, sure.” Roxy said.

“Alright, but you may want to get a jacket.” Icy suggested.

“Why? It’s summer.” Roxy noted.

“Yeah, but we’re going to be headed to a pretty chilly location, brr! So yeah, may want to have that, wouldn’t want you to freeze, apprentice.” Icy noted.

“Oh...thanks for the heads up. Glad to see someone who cares about me.” Roxy replied.

The two are later seen exiting Roxy’s house, as Roxy is wearing a purple winter jacket, and walks out awkwardly.

“Alright kiddo, be prepared for amazement!” Icy said, as she cuts open a portal with her dimensional scissors.

“Whoa...that looks weird, but kind of cool!” Roxy said, as the two enter the portal.

They appear at the Permafrost Mountains entrance, with snow blowing everywhere.

“Welcome to Permafrost Mountains, my home! Not the mountain itself, but I was raised in one of the villages nearby.” Icy explained, as Roxy looks out at the area.

“Wow...this place looks amazing. It’s cold, but beautiful. I kind of expected something more magical though...” Roxy said.

“There are many more magical places across Karmania, but we’ll get to those later. Baby steps. Now then, I’d like to assign your first magical mission.” Icy said.

“Sure, as long as it’s not something dangerous. I don’t think I’m ready yet to go on a big mission.” Roxy replied.

“No, this will be a piece of cake. There’s an ancient magical artifact hidden away in an ice temple, and I need your help to get it. Long ago, I found a secret shortcut to the temple, which has still been intact after thirty-five years. Unfortunately, I cannot get to the item alone, as I need the help of another person, and well, I didn’t have much luck getting friends back then, and still don’t now, but that’s besides the point! So, are you in...apprentice?” Icy offered.

“Deal. I hope I don’t disappoint...” Roxy replied.

“It shouldn’t be difficult, but I’ll be there to help. Nobody is perfect on their first try!” Icy said.

They walk through the forests, and Icy heads to an odd mountain wall. She presses an out of place tile, as the wall opens up, revealing a hidden passage.

“Wow, that’s awesome!” Roxy said, surprised, as the two head through the icy hall.

Roxy stares at her reflection on the ice walls, as they reach an ice door. Two loose ice plates are seen on the ground.

“Two people are needed to open this door, with at least one needing to be an ice elemental, which is me! Step on that tile, and I’ll handle the rest.” Icy said.

Roxy steps on the plate, and Icy places her right hand on an icy tablet while on the other plate. The tablet glows, as the door slides open, revealing an icy bridge up ahead. The two walk onto it, as the giant chasm is below the bridge. The heroes are still fighting the Neo Federation below them, while the two walk up the bridge.

“This is like something out of a movie...” Roxy said, staring in awe at her surroundings.

Multiple ice bats then fly at them from the shadows.

“What are those!?” Roxy asked, nervous.

“Ice bats. Don’t be scared. They are still animals of this world, which you can control.” Icy said.

Roxy nervously steps forward, and closes her eyes. She throws both of her palms forward, which releases a pink pulse, making the bats stop in their tracks. Their eyes glow pink, as they are awaiting orders from Roxy.

“Yes, you are gaining better control of your powers. Let them go.” Icy said.

Roxy then lets them go, as the ice bats fly off, out of their way. As the two walk across the bridge, it begins to crack.

“RUN!” Icy yelled.

The two run, as the ice bridge begins to collapse. The heroes notice this from below, but they keep fighting off the Neo Federation. Icy makes it to the temple platform, nearly out of breath. Roxy almost makes it, but nearly slips. Icy holds onto her hand however, helping her up.

“Thank you!” Roxy said, relieved.

“Okay, so maybe this wasn’t as easy I thought, but hey, we’re both alive. I’d never let you get hurt, my apprentice!” Icy replied.

Roxy looks down into the chasm, seeing all of the bridge pieces fall.

“I would hate to fall down there...” Roxy said.

“Alright, follow me.” Icy said, as they walk up the steps.

During the fighting below, 8 sees Icy in the distance walk onto the temple platform.

“The shadow!” 8 said.

“Whose shadow? Mine?” Nick asked, as he levitates Vexacus in the air, throwing him against the wall.

“We’ll get the witch, you can deal with them.” 7 said to Brak and Vexacus.

5, 7 and 8 then make their laser blades spin around, as they fly towards the temple.

“We’ll handle these two!” Jake said, clashing his sword with Brak’s staff.

“Yeah, we’ll handle the three stooges.” Tori said, as the four girls fly up, chasing after the hunters. The knights keep fighting Brak and Vexacus.

At the temple entrance, an ice stone door is seen. 

“Alright, here’s the last part. Only I can lift these doors, but you’ll have to go in alone.” Icy said.

“I survived a collapsing bridge and weird bats, I think I can do this. I’m feeling a lot more brave now.” Roxy said.

“Good, I like that spirit! At the end of the room, there will be a box. Grab it carefully, that is the artifact I need.” Icy said.

She then concentrates on the ice door, lifting it for Roxy. Roxy walks through, seeing another ice stone door. Icy lifts that one as well, along with the rest down the tunnel. Roxy runs down the hallway, and makes it to the end room. Icy lets go upon seeing the hunters and guardians, as the doors all fall down. In the room, Roxy sees a floating ice box in a white light. Outside, the hunters land, and begin attacking Icy.

“Ah, so you brought friends, how sweet!” Icy said, firing ice attacks at the three. The girls then shoot elemental attacks at all four, knocking them down.

“It’s true...you’re back.” Madison said, seeing Icy.

“Yes I am, and my plans aren’t over! I’ve got big things cooking!” Icy said, firing another ice attack at Madison, who throws an electricity ball back.

8 then fires laser blasts from a laser gun at Madison, but she throws an electricity blast right at the gun, making it explode. Icy then throws ice shards at the hunters, who slice through them with their laser blades.

“Whose side do we take?” Audrey asked.

“Just attack all of them.” Madison replied, shooting more electricity blasts.

“Works for me.” Tori said, shooting water blasts at 5, but he dodges.

“And me.” Cynthia said, making some rocks fall down, but all four avoid them. “Huh, well that didn’t work like I expected...”

Audrey sends a gust blast at 5, knocking him aside, and nearly off the edge, but he regains balance. Cynthia throws another rock at 8, knocking him aside. Icy shoots an ice blast at 7’s legs, stopping her in her tracks. Icy then begins to make ice crawl up the rest of 7’s body, terrifying her.

“No...no!” 7 cried out in fear, as Icy smiles, and the girls quickly look over.

7’s entire body freezes solid. Icy then smashes it into pieces with ice shards, making pieces fly everywhere, shocking the girls, 5 and 8.

“...Dang, that’s a bit much, even if I didn’t like her.” Cynthia said.

“Haha, that’s what you get when you mess with me!” Icy taunted, shooting ice shards at Cynthia, but she barely avoids them.

8 deflects elemental attacks from the girls, while 5 attacks Icy, swinging his laser blades at her. Icy dodges him, and fires ice blasts.

“Ha, too slow!” Icy taunted, shooting an ice blast at the handle, knocking it out of 5’s hands.

Icy then begins to freeze 5 like she did to 7, as he tries to break free. She then smashes him into pieces with ice shards, sending the pieces flying everywhere.

“...At least that’s two less villains for us to deal with?” Tori said, shooting a water blast at 8, but he jumps, avoiding it.

“I guess that’s one twisted bright side to it.” Audrey said, sending a tornado gust at Icy, knocking her aside a bit.

Madison then shoots an electricity blast right at 8’s laser blade handle, leaving a burn mark on it. 8 avoids more elemental attacks from the girls and Icy. He then looks at the damage on his laser sword handle, and then notices he is outmatched. He then spins it around, and tries to fly away with it. Unfortunately, the handle breaks in half, as he goes falling down the chasm with both pieces.

“WAAAAAHHH!!!” 8 yelled, echoing. 

“I didn’t hear him land...” Audrey said, quickly looking down into the dark chasm.

“I don’t think you’re going to...” Madison replied.

Madison shoots a lightning blast, Cynthia throws more rocks, Tori shoots a whirlpool blast, and Audrey shoots a tornado gust all at Icy. She counters with more ice shards, making an explosion. Back inside the temple, Roxy looks at the box carefully. She quickly grabs it from the white light, as she holds it in her hands. Suddenly, the entire area begins to rumble, startling the groups below and on the temple platform.

“What was that?” Jake asked, clashing swords with Vexacus.

“Something not good.” Cameron said, avoiding an orange blast from Brak.

Nick casts a levitation spell on Brak, but he teleports away. He then reappears off to the side, but Zero quickly strikes him with an electric pulse. Trent fires laser arrows at Vexacus, but he slices through them with his sword. The temple begins to glow blue, with lights shining all across it, and it keeps rumbling. Roxy looks nervous on the inside, seeing the blue lights shine in the room.

“Fools, my apprentice is obtaining the artifact, and activating this temple’s failsafe!” Icy revealed.

“What apprentice?” Cynthia asked curiously.

“What artifact?” Madison asked, throwing another electricity ball at Icy, knocking her down.

“Ow...ugh, it’s none other than the Frost Star! It is finally MINE!” Icy revealed, laughing, confusing the girls.

“Uh, I thought Gordon and Doyle already tried getting that, but it got destroyed?” Tori recalled.

“That was one of the many decoys in this area, used to lure morons. I’ve got the real deal, baby!" Icy bragged, firing more ice beams at them, as one knocks Cynthia away.

“In hindsight, that does explain why that one was destroyed so easily.” Audrey noted.

“Once that ice energy is released, you’ll all be frozen solid! Laters!” Icy taunted, laughing, as the temple keeps shaking and glowing.

“Yeah, I don’t want to take our chances, let’s get out of here!” Madison said, as the four girls fly back down.

Icy opens the ice stone doors, as Roxy walks through, and comes out the other side. She notices the box Roxy is holding.

“Excellent work! Now let’s scram!” Icy said, opening a portal with the dimensional scissors, and the two go through.

The girls fire elemental attacks at Brak and Vexacus, knocking the two down. 

“We need to go, or we’ll be frozen solid!” Madison said, as Brak and Vexacus overhear this, and see the temple’s powerful glowing.

The two then teleport away before the knights can keep attacking. Madison opens a portal with the heart, as all of the heroes go through it. The ice beam is then released from the temple, blasting across the chamber, as the portal closes behind. 

Icy and Roxy are seen appearing back near Roxy’s house, and Roxy hands her the box.

“You did a fantastic job for a developing guardian. You faced fear right in its ugly eyes, and know how to control animals! There is still more for you to learn however, but this is the start of a beautiful friendship! We will make Karmania a better place!” Icy said, looking at the box excitedly.

“Thank you. I’ll be honest, at first I thought this was just some elaborate prank, but I played along. However, when I began to control the animals, I knew you weren’t lying. I also felt bad for you, since I know how it feels to not have many friends anymore... Roxy said.

“Yes, we are two outcasts bonded together! Now then, there is much more to be done, but we’ll call it a day for now. When I need your services again, I will return! Just don’t tell anybody about what transpired today.” Icy said.

“My parents wouldn’t believe it anyways, so your secret is safe with me. I’ve needed something to do all summer, so doing top secret missions in a magical world that the public is unaware of is pretty awesome. It’s like a summer class, but a fun one. See you soon.” Roxy said.

Icy opens another portal back to Posidonia, and goes in through. Roxy then enters into her house, as her parents are in the kitchen.

“What exciting things did you do today, dear?” her mother asked.

“...Eh, not much. Just the usual.” Roxy replied awkwardly.

She then goes into the backyard again, and plays with Riley, throwing a frisbee at the seahorse.

"I wonder what other secrets Karmania has in store..." Roxy pondered.

The heroes are seen at the Golden Seahorse, telling Mai and Ranen what happened.

“This is not good. With the true Frost Star in her possession, Icy can become even more powerful with the element of Ice than she was before.” Mai said.

“At least those hunters are out of the picture, so I’ll consider that a somewhat positive to all of this.” Tori said.

“Icy mentioned an apprentice, but who could it be?” Cynthia wondered.

“It’s certainly not Firebolt again, since he is still imprisoned.” Zero replied.

“Whoever this is must be of importance to her plans, a wild card we may not be able to guess right now...” Ranen said, as the heroes ponder unsurely.

Icy is seen in a secret cave in Permafrost Mountains, where she has set up a base. On the wall are pictures of the Frost Star, Slittercold, past guardians, Elana, and other kingdoms. She places the box on a table. She concentrates, and it begins to open due to her ice powers. The Frost Star floats out of it, making her smile. She then draws a red x over the Frost Star’s picture.

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: 8

-Fourth time the Permafrost Mountains are visited.

-Farmer Bob (from “Whiteout” and “Rotwell Files”) makes another cameo.

-It is revealed the Frost Star from “Icebound” was actually a fake, and Icy obtains the real one.

-

It is revealed Roxy has actually been the fifth guardian this whole time, controlling the element of “Animal”, which she gained at the end of “Brak Is Back (Part 2)”. Her guardian powers were hidden away. None of the heroes know this yet.

-

Icy kills 5 and 7, but it is unknown if 8 survived his fall (although it is likely he would’ve been frozen solid by the ice blast regardless).

• Like 3

This is really chilly episode (heh pun intended), but i have to say this is interesting reveal on Roxy being 5th guardian (!) this whole time, and Icy use her as the idea of getting the artifact that Icy wanted, so i guess this means she would become even more powerful ice queen. Otherwise, it's good episode.

Also, thank god 5 & 7 are dead.

• Like 3

Wonderful episode. Finally, we get more on Roxy - and we now know that she is a guardian with the ability to control Animals. I liked the way you had her and Icy bond over being 'outcasted' in a way. The battle scenes were well done, and I'd certainly say that Icy killing 5 and 7 has to be one of the darkest scenes in the show. I'm very interested in seeing more on this Roxy angle, including whatever Icy has planned next.

• Like 3

Even with some time to get used to it, the element of Animals still sounds funny to me. Icy murdering people was weird to read at first, but I actually think now that it will make the friendship (or "friendship") with Roxy more interesting if the villain she's involved with isn't redeemable... ;)

• Like 1

74. In the Past

The heroes are seen inside the Golden Seahorse. As the chef is busy making meals, and Audrey’s parents are busy taking orders, Mai is seen with the heroes in the basement.

“Man, we’ve got too many story arcs to deal with lately. Beast, what Icy is up to, where Tom is, and the Neo Federation stuff...” Audrey said, feeling exhausted.

“Yeah, talk about too much to focus on at once.” Cynthia replied.

“We don’t even know what that Beast guy is up to...” Trent said curiously.

“Along with that, we have no idea where Tom could be, so that’s out of our range for the time being.” Zero said.

“Luna did say they were working on a way to find the dude, hopefully...” Nick said.

“In time, all paths will come together. I know it can seem stressful not knowing which direction some of these paths may go. Trust me, we’ve dealt with that in the past. Perhaps you all need to unwind and relax. Why not hear a nice story about a past adventure of the old guardians and knights?” Mai offered.

“Yes, that’d be awesome!” Audrey replied.

“Ooh, I’ve wanted to hear a story involving the past group for a long time now.” Madison said, excited.

“Sure, I’ve got nothing better to do.” Tori replied.

“I don’t mind. Hearing a story involving my father would be nice.” Cameron replied.

“Don’t worry, I promise it won’t be boring. Now then, let me tell you a tale in the past...” Mai said, having a flashback to the old days.

Younger, teenage versions of Valina, Cassidy, Briar, Peyton and Mai are seen outside the old Posidonia Fields High School, as many students are around outside. The girls are wearing old fashioned clothes, as they meet up with younger versions of Wes, Max, and two other guys.

“Hello gentlemen.” Briar said to the four.

“Hey there ladies, what’s up?” Wes asked.

“Just another day of boring classes.” Cassidy replied, sighing.

“Not boring for me. I’m excited for my art class!” Mai said happily.

“I am most interested in my history and writing classes.” Briar said.

“You know I love music class. I’m excited to hear what songs are on the radio after-school.” Peyton replied.

“I for one am excited to spend some time with Maxxy over here after-school...” Peyton said, flirting with him, as Max blushes. She then kisses him on the cheek, making Max very happy. Two students walk by, seeing this.

“Eww, I can’t believe she’d date a nerd!” one of them said, mocking Peyton and Max.

“Hey, why don’t you shut up? I can date whoever I want, jerks.” Peyton replied back to them, as they walk away scared, making Max happy.

“Thanks, Peyton. Surprised they didn’t pick on Percy though, with him being the smartest of the group.” Max noted.

“Yeah, I’m surprised too. Usually they mock both me and you.” Percy pointed out, smirking.

“Hey, don’t let those bullies get to any of you. We’ve done great things none of them will ever know, but we’ll always have each other’s backs.” Cassidy said proudly to them.

“I’d never let jerks like them get to me. I’m more worried about the history test I have in three hours...” Percy said nervously.

“Don’t worry Percy my man, you got it. As for me, I’ll be playing some ol’ street hockey with the boys when school’s done...provided Karmania stuff doesn’t get in the way, eh.” the other guy said.

“Protecting Karmania is much more important than silly hockey games, no offense Duke.” Valina replied to him.

“Relax, I know hockey isn’t always everything.” Duke replied.

“You sure about that?” Peyton taunted, smiling to herself.

Duke ignores her, as he takes out a metal red and white mask from his backpack, and puts it on. “This looks pretty cool, eh?”

“Sure, I guess.” Cassidy replied.

“That looks very well made, Duke. Anyways, uh, while I’m flattered you consider me the smartest group people, personally, I feel Briar is smarter than I am, so I’d consider her the smartest.” Percy pointed out, as Briar blushes.

“Oh...thank you, I guess you could say that.” Briar replied.

“When are you two going to date?” Peyton asked, embarrassing both.

“Anyways...Ranen will alert us if anything is up, you all know the drill.” Wes said to the gang, as Duke puts his mask back in the backpack.

“Indeed, let us focus on school for now. We can’t keep Karmanian issues on our mind all the time, sometimes we need to focus on our personal lives too.” Mai said.

“That’s one fancy way of saying it.” Percy said, as the gang laughs and heads inside the school.

Later, they are seen leaving the school, as they walk through the older version of Posidonia Fields. They walk past the city hall, and see a windmill in the distance. Mai feels the fresh breeze from the air. Ranen then approaches them, wearing soldier gear and a helmet.

“Glad to see you’re all here. Queen Meritel requests our help immediately against Federation forces. Follow me, she opened a portal for us using her powers.” Ranen said, leading them.

“Man, I hope she doesn’t take the heart’s job.” Cassidy joked, as Valina looks at the heart in her backpack.

“Haha, well her powers are needed for taking Ranen back and forth. I can’t wait to combine my Aether and magic staff powers against these buffoons.” Valina said, excited.

Ranen escorts them to the portal, which is in an alley. The ten heroes go into it, as they appear in the castle throne room, seeing younger versions of Meritel and Orion, along with many older royal soldiers in the room.

“Welcome, guardians and knights. The Federation army is attempting a surprise attack on the capital city. We need your help in fighting the soldiers off.” Meritel said.

“Not much of a surprise now, is it?” Cassidy joked.

“Just the pathetic grunts? This should be fast.” Peyton said, ready.

“Ha, they aren’t even worth using my magical staff against!” Valina said.

“Don’t get too overconfident, they could have a trick up their sleeves.” Percy warned.

“Eh, I’m sure we’ll be fine against those fools, we’ve handled them plenty of times.” Duke noted, as they head out of the castle.

“Good luck, brave warriors.” Orion said to them.

The heroes head outside of the castle territory, and go into the capital city, which is larger than it appears in present day Central Karmania. They look around at the large wooden buildings, including a tall medieval clock tower, and suddenly hear cries for help. They rush down a path, and see several Federation soldiers marching down the stone path. This version of the Federation army are wearing brown armor uniforms, as they hold spears, shields, clubs, swords, and bow and arrows. 

“Surrender your kingdom to the Federation, or else!” a soldier threatened, swinging their club sword around. 

“Or else what?” Valina asked, as the guardians and knights approach the group, with villagers looking at them happily.

“Yes, our heroes are here!” a villager said happily.

“Don’t get too overestimated this time children-” one of the soldiers was saying, when Valina sends an electricity ball right from her hand at him, knocking him down.

“I’m no child.” Ranen said, as he shows the purple knight stone on an metal bracelet around his arm.

Ranen presses his, as he transforms into the purple knight. Wes shows a metal bracelet on his right arm, as he presses the red knight stone on it, transforming him into the red knight. Percy shows his metal bracelet on his left arm, and presses the green knight stone on it, transforming him into the green knight. Duke shows his metal bracelet, and presses the blue knight stone, transforming him into the blue knight. Max shows his metal bracelet, and presses the orange knight stone, transforming him into the orange knight. Valina then holds out the heart, transforming herself, Mai, Peyton, Briar and Cassidy into their guardian forms. The ten heroes look at the soldiers, ready to fight.

“Whoa, so that Percy guy was the green knight before me? It’s an honor, even if I feel like I know nothing about him.” Nick said, interrupting the story.

“He was an intelligent one. Now hush, no interrupting!” Mai said.

“Whoops, sorry.” Nick replied, as Mai continues the story.

Four of the soldiers shoot arrows at the girls, but they fly around, evading them with ease. Mai sends a gust blast at a soldier, knocking them away. Peyton blasts a sound wave from her hand at another soldier, knocking them down and dropping their club. Max strikes at a soldier’s sword with his orange sword, clashing against each other. Percy slices some arrows in half, and his knight stone then shoots a green glowing disc out of it, knocking the bow out of the soldier’s hand. The disc then returns to Percy’s stone like a boomerang, scaring the soldier. Cassidy then shoots a whirlpool blast at the soldier, sending them flying against a building. Briar then lifts up several rocks, and forms them together into a wall, throwing it at three soldiers. The rocks break apart, and the soldiers are knocked away. Valina sends a lightning blast from her hand at a soldier, but they block it with their shield. Ranen then clashes his sword with the same soldier, as the soldier tries using the sword to block his attack, but Ranen knocks sand into the soldier’s face from the ground, confusing them. He then quickly strikes the shield out of his hand, and then disarms their sword. The soldier clears the sand from their eyes, as Ranen punches them in the face, knocking them down.

“Oww...” the soldier cried.

Wes and Duke clash their swords with the remaining three soldiers. Valina quickly sends an electricity ball at one, knocking them to the ground and sending their helmet flying off. Duke slices a soldier’s club in half, and pushes them down. Wes makes his knight stone shoot a heat blast out of it, melting the soldier’s shield.

“Uh...” the soldier was saying, terrified, but Wes punches them, and knocks them to the ground.

“Dah, let’s get out of here!!!” the soldier said terrified.

The soldiers agree, as they get up and run away terrified.

“Ha, serves those chumps right!” Mai taunted, as the heroes laugh at them.

“Thank you all so much!” a villager said, as they came out of hiding.

“They have saved us all on this glorious day!” another villager said, as a crowd praises them.

“Good work, guardians.” a royal soldier complimented to the ten.

“It was no sweat, those guys barely put up a fight.” Wes replied.

“Is that it though? I kind of wanted to beat up some more baddies...” Duke said, disappointed.

“I thought you wanted to play hockey, so you should be glad this is it.” Peyton pointed out.

“...Eh, good point.” Duke replied, curiously.

“Val and I really wanted to go swimming when this was done. You guys want to join?” Cassidy asked.

“Sure, provided there’s no assignments left for us.” Percy replied.

“Even if there are none, I must stay here. It is my duty.” Ranen replied.

“Aww man, I really wish you could have more time to spend time with us in Posidonia.” Valina said.

“Sometimes I do as well, but I don’t feel I can fit into your world, and this is my home.” Ranen said.

“Don’t worry about it guy, you look like a normal fish so I think you can fit into Posidonia fine.” Duke said.

“Regardless, you don’t need to visit us in Posidonia to be our friend, you have proven that already. There’s no harm in having a long distance friend.” Wes said.

“Thank you. Maybe someday when I get the time, I will try to adjust to your world more.” Ranen replied, when Meritel approaches them.

“Guardians, knights, job well done. However, your day is not over yet. One of the soldiers alerted my quarters that a mysterious beast has been spotted attacking innocent animals and villagers passing through the jungles. The soldiers I sent tried to fight it, but they could not conquer it. I would go myself, but I need to protect the castle in case those soldiers return.” Meritel explained.

“Looks like you got your wish, Duke.” Briar said.

“Heh, alright, let’s go! Hopefully this chump doesn’t take long to defeat either, eh.” Duke said, happily.

“Be careful, the soldiers that did come back were in horribly rough shape...whatever this creature is, it is not one to take lightly. I would never forgive myself if anything happened to any of you.” Meritel said, concerned.

“We’ll keep that in mind, thank you for the concern, your majesty.” Ranen replied, saluting.

“Don’t worry miss, any monster that usually proclaims to be “powerful” ends up eating their words shortly after.” Peyton said.

“Hold on, let me get my magic staff. I’ve been itching to use its beautiful powers on an enemy lately.” Valina said.

“Go ahead Valina, it’s still in the castle armory, safe and sound. However, I must warn you, do not become too obsessed with that staff. Practicing magic is honorable, but I do not want you to become obsessed with dangerous magic, such as the dark arts. I have seen many wizards and sorceresses in the past become corrupted, whether because they got in over their heads, or they attempted to learn dark magic.” Meritel warned.

“Don’t worry, I won’t. I’m a responsible magic user, and I’ll never abuse my powers or fall to the dark magic side.” Valina promised, as she heads into the castle to obtain the staff.

The heroes are seen walking through a lush jungle, in their forms, and Valina holding her staff. The girls fly around, as the guys tread carefully across the grassy surface. Mai then hears something with her enhanced hearing.

“I hear you, beast.” Mai said, looking through the trees and shadows.

“Yeah, I hear it too...” Peyton said, sensing around the area with sound pulses from her wings, and quickly turns around, but sees nothing. 

“Don’t worry Peyton, I’ve got your back...and front.” Max said, briefly looking at her chest, making her blush.

“Cute, but I don’t know if now is the time for flirting.” Valina said, as Cassidy looks at her,  laughing, and Percy looks at Briar awkwardly.

As Wes walks around carefully, suddenly, the beast jumps out of the shadows and attacks him. The beast is a purple and orange iguana creature, with pointy spikes coming out of its back. It is also wearing odd black warrior armor across its body.

“About time y’all came. You foolish mermaid fairies and armored knights have made a grave mistake in fighting the mighty Iguitor! The boss will be happy when I proudly crush y’all’s skulls...” Iguitor said, laughing, as he holds out a giant mace with spikes on it in one hand, and holds a spike shield in the other hand.

“We’re not fairies...I think.” Briar said, unsure, as she sends rock blasts at him, but Iguitor smashes through them with his mace.

“That getup is such an eyesore.” Peyton said, sending a sound blast at him, but Iguitor jumps up, avoiding it.

While in the air, he charges at Peyton, but she quickly flies out of the way, as Iguitor lands on the ground.

“Take this, you overgrown lizard!” Duke yelled, charging at him, and clashes his sword against the mace. 

Iguitor then quickly shoves his spike shield forward, as it hits Duke in the stomach, knocking him back.

“Dang, that actually kind of hurt, eh...” Duke said, as Iguitor then whacks him aside with his tail.

Briar rises up the ground around Iguitor, but he jumps up and is about to swing his mace at her. Percy then quickly jumps at her, and tackles her, getting her out of the way from Iguitor. The two then look at each other, blushing.

“...Thank you.” Briar said to Percy.

“...No problem, stay safe.” Percy said awkwardly, as the two get up.

Ranen duels Iguitor, but he is tripped by the tail, and knocked to the ground. Max jumps up and blocks his mace with the orange sword. Iguitor then knocks the sword out of his hand, and Iguitor is about to strike him, but Max’s stone forms the energy wall shield, blocking it.

“What is this witchcraft!?” Iguitor asked, as he keeps smashing against it.

“That’s the power of the knight stones!” Max said, as he makes it go away.

Before Iguitor can attack, Peyton sends a sound blast from the side, knocking Iguitor down to the ground, and he drops his spike shield. He quickly picks it up, as Wes clashes his sword against the spike shield, and avoids the mace. Wes then shoots a fire blast from his stone, melting the spike shield.

“NO!” Iguitor yelled, as Wes slashes at his armor, and punches him.

“Get him into a good spot where I can strike with a magic spell.” Valina said to the heroes, as she strikes a lightning blast at Iguitor, but he barely avoids it.

Cassidy and Mai send combined water and wind attacks, as they begin to freeze Iguitor solid. However, he smashes out of the ice with his mace, laughing. Percy then strikes at his armor, and sends his green disc flying at him from the stone, hitting Iguitor in the face. It returns to the stone, as all five knights keep him busy, while Briar, Peyton, Cassidy and Mai send more elemental attacks, weakening him into a position. Valina then sends a blue magical blast from her staff’s gemstone at Iguitor, knocking him against the tree. She then strikes him with an electric blast, frying him.

“Dagh...” Iguitor groaned, feeling his head, as he looks at the ten heroes dazed.

“You are under arrest.” Ranen said, holding out handcuffs.

“Never, I’ll never rot in prison! Wait til’ I tell Beast about this, you’ll regret messin’ with us!” Iguitor said, as he runs off through the jungle.

“Great job guys. But who is “Beast”?” Duke wondered.

“I presume it is the boss he mentioned earlier.” Percy replied curiously.

“I hope “Beast” isn’t his actual name, because that’s a pretty uncreative name for a villain.” Max said.

“Should we chase him?” Mai wondered.

“Let him tell his superior. We can draw them out of hiding. For now, let’s report back to Meritel. Maybe she’ll know who “Beast” is.” Wes said, as the heroes leave the jungle.

While Iguitor runs through the jungles, someone watches him from a telescope. A grey walrus beast is looking at him from the telescope on a cliff. The walrus is wearing a cape and battle armor similar to Iguitor’s, and half of his left tusk is broken off. Several other beast warriors are with him.

“THEY DEFEATED HIM!? AS WEAK AS IGUITOR IS, PERHAPS THOSE GUARDIANS AND KNIGHTS ARE MORE OF A THREAT THAN WE THOUGHT! WE GOTTA TELL THE BOSS! ONWARD TO WESTERN KARMANIA, MY MEN!” the walrus creature yelled at obnoxiously loud volumes.

“Ow, my ears...” one of the soldiers said, covering them.

The beast soldiers run off, as the heroes are seen leaving the jungle. Mai listens to the surroundings, and hears some of Tusk’s yelling.

“Maybe my ears are deceiving me, but I feel as if I just heard someone yelling...and very loudly.” Mai said.

“Probably that lizard we just schooled.” Duke replied, as they shrug and keep going.

The walrus and his beast soldiers arrive at their base in Western Karmania. It is a large mountain structure with a giant skull face on the front, as many beast soldiers are seen patrolling around. Several other tents are set up around the area. The walrus walks inside the mountain, and comes into an ominous throne room. The Beast is seen on the throne, with a neutral expression. He is wearing battle armor similar to the one he fought Meritel with, with two skulls seen on each of his shoulders. 

“Welcome back, General Tusk. Where is General Iguitor?” Beast asked, getting up.

“BOSS! THE GUARDIANS AND KNIGHTS DEFEATED IGUITOR!” Tusk yelled to Beast and the other monster soldiers, startling the others, but Beast just looks annoyed.

“Stop yelling. It is rude. Tell me what happened...calmly.” Beast replied annoyed to the walrus.

“YES SIR...sorry sir! It’s a habit. But yes, they took the bait, and are stronger than we anticipated...” Tusk reported.

Iguitor then barges into the room, nearly out of breath.

“Sir-” Iguitor was saying.

“You failed, I know. Tusk told me everything. Why don’t we pay a visit to the guardians and knights, gentlemen?” Beast offered.

“Yes, we’ll destroy them for sure since this MORON couldn’t!” Tusk said, as he mocks Iguitor with several other soldiers.

“I bet you’d fail too against them. They got power.” Iguitor said.

“Yet that power may be one of the girls’ downfalls...” Beast said ominously.

“What?” Tusk asked.

“Just go. Send both of your armies.” Beast ordered, as the two run off.

“Come my arctic clan, we’re gonna feast on fish tonight!” Tusk said to several walrus, penguin and polar bear soldiers, as they cheer.

The heroes are seen back at the castle powered down, telling Meritel what happened.

“Long story short, we kicked his butt.” Cassidy said.

“However, he mentioned working for someone named “The Beast”...do you know who that is by any chance?” Briar asked, which startles Meritel, confusing the heroes.

“...I do. I once fought him years back, before any of you became the protectors of this land. The fight is depicted in one of the castle’s window murals. He tried to unite several beasts against the royal family for reasons I am not entirely sure of, and...he ended up killing my mother. I became queen at a young age due to this.” Meritel revealed, shocking and saddening the heroes along with Orion.

“I’m so sorry.” Valina said to her.

“Oh my, that’s horrible...” Max said sadly.

“Thank you for the concern. If he truly is back, it appears he has somehow united beasts yet again. Vanquishing him will not be easy. He claims to be immortal. I could believe it, because none of my most powerful moves would destroy the creature. Tread carefully against this threat.” Meritel said to them.

“We’ll avenge you and your mother.” Mai promised.

“Thank you. We’ll alert you if the army approaches. For now, be cautious at all times.” Meritel said, concerned.

“Indeed, and who knows what beasts could be a part of his army now...” Orion said, worried.

“Hopefully not many. Most of Karmania is peaceful, only low lives would join him.” Wes said, trying to be optimistic.

The heroes leave the castle, wondering what to do. Valina then gets an idea, and runs off.

“Val, where are you going?” Cassidy asked.

“I’m going to go meet someone. Perhaps they may have an idea on how to help us against the Beast. I’ll be back soon, I promise.” Valina said.

Valina is later shown wandering through the dark Central Karmanian forests, and finds an old, somewhat beaten down shack in the middle of nowhere. She walks up the old steps, and knocks on the door. A brown mole resembling Diggy then opens the door, startled. They are wearing brown goggles, have a helmet on, and wear dirt armor.

“Ello Valina, my favorite customer and the keeper of the heart! What brings ye here on this fine night? Say, where are your buddies?” the mole asked.

“Greetings, Bentley. The others are busy right now. I do not know if you have what I seek, but I will try anyways. There is an enemy who claims he is “immortal". Do you know of any item or spell that could destroy him?” Valina asked.

“Hmm...I could. Lemme see. Come on in, lass.” Bentley replied, as the two walk around inside the shack.

Bentley looks through his collectables, as a multitude of the objects have price tags on them. He then digs around through a chest, and finds an ominous scroll, radiating a dark aura. 

“This might be what ye want, lass. It’s a spell that can destroy anything or anyone claiming to be “immortal”. Just aim your magical item at his heart, concentrate your intent on him, recite the thing, and poof. Although, I must warn ya...this is a dark magic spell. I’m not sure if you can handle it.” Bentley warned.

Valina thought about it carefully, seeming unsure.

“This may be the only way to save my friends...” Valina said to herself. “I’ll...take it.”

“Wow, you are a brave girl! I admire that. I wish ye the best of luck.” Bentley said, handing her the scroll.

Valina then hands him a bag of Keso coins, as Bentley opens it, and counts them.

“Thank you for your kind patronage, lass! For being such a loyal customer, take this scroll on the house. It apparently traps an enemy inside of another dimension. Could be a handy backup if the other scroll doesn’t work...” Bentley said, handing her another ominous scroll, radiating a dark aura.

“Thank you, Bentley. I will use them wisely and responsibly. This will be the only time I ever use dark magic.” Valina said, as she leaves the shack, and Bentley looks at her curiously from the distance.

“If she was any other person, she’d be a fool, but I think she’ll be alright.” Bentley said, as he keeps counting his coins.

Valina tucks the scrolls away into her pockets, as she meets back with the remaining heroes in the capital city.

“Did you get what you needed?” Wes asked.

“Yes, I hope so. I have learned a spell that may help us defeat him, hopefully...” Valina said.

“Let me guess, from Bentley?” Percy asked.

“...Yes, there was no other choice.” Valina replied awkwardly.

“I’d be careful using products he sells. I still think he’s a shady conman...” Max said.

“He probably is, but at least he is nice to us. Sometimes we may have to work with morally ambiguous people to achieve our goals.” Ranen said.

“THE BEAST IS APPROACHING!” a royal soldier yelled, sounding a horn, startling the heroes.

All ten of them transform immediately, as they head off to an exit. They see Beast’s army approaching with wagons and weapons. Iguitor is leading one side of the army, with many lizard monsters, one of which includes The Brewtanizer. On the other side, Tusk is leading his arctic monsters. Beast is in the middle, leading monsters of various other species. 

“Oh boy...” Max said, somewhat nervous.

“Psh, relax. I’m sure we can handle them.” Peyton said, as the army is inches away from the entrance.

Beast raises his hand, halting both armies from going forward.

“I WANT TO ATTACK ALREADY!” Tusk yelled, impatient.

“Hold your positions. I’d like to meet the one named Valina up close and personally. No fighting on either side, please.” Beast offered, confusing the heroes and army.

“I don’t think this is a good idea...” Percy warned Valina.

“Fine, I’ll speak to you.” Valina said, flying up towards him.

“Are you sure about this?” Cassidy asked.

“Relax, I’ll be fine, especially with the tricks I have up my sleeve...” Valina said, as the heroes still looked unsure.

Valina floats closer, seeing Beast.

“He’s a lot more purple than I imagined.” Duke noted.

“Hello there. Interesting magical staff you have there.” Beast said, looking at the gemstone.

“You’re not getting it if that’s what you want.” Valina replied.

“I know. I want you to attack me. Go on.” Beast replied, opening his arms up. The heroes and army are confused even more.

“Boss, what are you doing!?” a skunk beast soldier asked.

“Don’t worry, the boss is immortal. Nothing she tries will harm him!” Iguitor noted, as the army begins to laugh.

“I wouldn’t be so sure...” Valina said, smiling.

Beast just shrugs, and keeps standing still. 

“Hit me with your best shot.” Beast said.

Valina then slams her staff onto the ground, and focuses the gemstone onto Beast. She begins to chant the spell from the first scroll. Her body glows purple, as does the gemstone.

“What kind of spell is that?” Briar asked.

Valina tries to focus the staff onto Beast’s heart, but cannot. 

“I...don’t know if I can do this. This feels...off. I’m not ready for dark magic.” Valina said to herself, unsure.

“Enough of that!” Beast said, as he approaches her.

Valina then releases a purple blast from the gemstone, as it cuts right through Beast’s middle finger on his right hand. Half of it lands on the ground, as Valina’s staff stops glowing, and she feels normal again.

“Foolish move.” Beast said, as he holds out his hand.

The middle finger starts to regrow, but it stops, and crumbles to dust. Beast looks at this terrified, as the army panics.

“IT’S NOT GROWING BACK!” Tusk yelled.

“...This was just an unfortunate oversight. ATTACK!” Beast ordered angrily, pointing his finger at them.

He picks up the middle finger, and fades into the background, letting his army handle the heroes. He looks at Valina curiously from the distance. Valina sends an electricity blast at some lizard soldiers, knocking them away. Mai turns invisible, avoiding a penguin soldier. She reappears, and knocks the soldier away with a gust blast. Briar knocks an armadillo soldier away with a boulder. Several royal soldiers are seen on the turrets, shooting arrows at the enemies. Max, Percy, Ranen, Wes and Duke charge forward, clashing their weapons against the monsters and Iguitor. Tusk jumps out of his wagon, and holds out two ice daggers. He spins them around.

“YOU GIRLS WANT A PIECE OF ME!?” Tusk yelled.

Valina shoots a lightning blast at him, but Tusk avoids it. He throws his ice daggers forward, as ice shards are fired out of them. Briar counters them with rocks, as a rock hits Tusk’s face, but he readjusts himself.

“Let’s give him a taste of his own medicine.” Cassidy said to Mai, as she nods. 

Cassidy and Mai shoot another combined ice blast at him, but Tusk counters it with more ice shards.

“HA, YOU CANNOT DEFEAT A MASTER OF ICE WITH ICE!” Tusk yelled, laughing, as he jumps out of the way. The remains of the ice beam then freezes a lizard soldier solid.

“WOULD YOU STOP YELLING?!” Peyton yelled, firing a sound blast at Tusk, knocking him down.

Iguitor clashes his mace with the knights, and Duke knocks a rock into his face, using his sword like a hockey puck.

“Youch!” Iguitor yelled, as Ranen knocks him out, and he falls to the ground.

“Ha, that’s payback for earlier, you jerk!” Duke said, laughing.

The Brewtanizer approaches Duke from behind, but his blue stone glows. It makes his arm glow blue, as he punches Brewtanizer right in the face, knocking him down. 

“So much for your powerful army.” Valina taunted to the Beast, who is about to attack her.

However, in the midst of the fighting, a penguin soldier reports to Beast.

“Sir, I hate to interrupt your battle, but one of our soldiers saw one of the royal army members heading to the Silent Hills! We suspect a base is there!” the penguin said, and Beast smiles.

“Then we’ll go there, since this is getting us nowhere. RETREAT!” Beast ordered.

The remains of the army gets up, as they run off. Beast, Tusk and Iguitor get into their wagons, and head off toward the Silent Hills.

“Wow, they’re giving up already, eh?” Duke asked.

“No...it looks like they are headed to the Silent Hills. That penguin soldier talking to Beast must have spotted one of our soldiers going there! We can’t let them invade the Underground City!” Ranen said, as the heroes immediately rush off.

The army makes it to the Silent Hills entrance, as they look around at the blank mountain.

“I’m confused, what are we looking at here?” Iguitor asked.

“They must have a base hidden here...” Beast said, looking at the mountain walls curiously, when a lightning blast is sent at them.

“Too bad you won’t get inside!” Mai said, as she sends a powerful gust blast at the army. Their wagons are sent in the air, as Beast, Tusk, Iguitor and any soldiers hop out of them. The wagons are sent smashing against the mountain, and the fighting resumes.

Beast channels a sinister purple energy, about to strike it at Cassidy, who shoots a whirlpool blast at Brewtanizer. Valina then shoots a lightning blast at Blast, who dodges. She then charges at him, grabs him, and flies with him into the air.

“What are you doing!? Let go of me!” Beast demanded, as he drops his sword.

She then throws him on top of the mountain, striking lightning blasts at him. Beast throws several purple essence attacks at her, as one knocks her out of the sky, and she lands on the edge of the mountain. Beast approaches her, smiling. Valina then smashes the ground with her fist, letting out an electric pulse. It shatters the ground beneath them, as they fall into the Underground City. Beast fires another purple essence attack from his mouth, but Valina counters with a lightning blast, striking Beast. She then flies, and grabs him. She breaks through multiple floors with electricity blasts, as the two land in the ancient chamber. 

“You are in over your head girl, you don’t know who you are dealing with...” Beast said, as his eyes glow purple.

He claps his hands together, and releases a purple blast at Valina, knocking her against the wall.

“Maybe the other spell will be easier to control...” Valina wondered, as Beast approaches her.

Beast reaches out his hand at her without the middle finger, but she shoots a lightning blast at his chest, stunning him. Valina quickly whacks Beast in the head with her staff, dazing him. She then concentrates and chants the black hole spell, making the gemstone glow black. She slams it on the ground, as the floor around Beast collapses, forming the black hole, startling him. He then looks at Valina’s gemstone, smiling. As Beast is pulled into the portal, he exhales a dark essence from his mouth. It goes into the gemstone of Valina’s staff without her noticing, as he laughs. Beast falls further into the black hole, as it disappears. The ground then reseals itself, forming the circular structure seen in the chamber presently. Valina exhales, as her staff goes back to normal. The girls fly down, seeing her.

“Beast...is no more.” Valina said to them.

The girls fly out, and approach the soldiers, who are still fighting the knights. 

“WHERE IS THE BOSS?!” Tusk asked, confused.

“Your leader is gone. I don’t think you want to mess with us anymore if I were you.” Valina said to the remains of Beast’s army, and she holds up her staff.

“AAAAHH!!!” one of the beasts yelled, as he runs away.

“Without Beast...we are nothing!” a soldier said, as the remaining beasts all look at the heroes in terror, and runaway from the Silent Hills. They scatter themselves throughout the plains.

“COME BACK HERE, YOU COWARDS!” Tusk yelled at the fleeing comrades.

Mai then sends a gust blast at Tusk, sending him flying away with them.

“I’LL BE BACK!!!” Tusk yelled, as he lands on the ground faraway.

He gets up, looks at them, and then angrily walks off through the plains, waving his cape.

“Thank goodness that is over.” Briar said.

“Are we sure he’s gone for good?” Max asked.

“For now. He was banished into another dimension, where I do not think he’ll be able to cause any trouble.” Valina said.

“Valina, something about the spells you used today seemed like dark magic.” Ranen noted.

“I know, I’m sorry. Bentley had two dark spell scrolls that could help us get rid of him. I didn’t want to use them, but I had no other choice. I did it for you guys. I promise though, I won’t ever use dark magic again.” Valina said.

“Like Ranen said earlier, sometimes we may have to do morally ambiguous things to achieve our goals. I trust you.” Wes said.

“Heh, good point. His army is still out there, but I doubt they will be a threat anymore without their leader.” Ranen said, as the heroes head back to the castle.

“Good work, all of you. Hopefully that is the last we hear of that scoundrel. You all deserve a break, I’m sure.” Meritel said, as they laugh.

A montage passes showing what the old heroes did after the battle. Duke is playing street hockey with his metal hockey mask on, facing against Wes and other kids. Percy is shown studying in his room. Briar is shown admiring her garden in the backyard. Max is reading an old superhero comic, and Peyton starts making out with him. Cassidy and Valina go swimming, but Valina feels unsure about her use of dark spells. Ranen patrols around Central Karmania. Mai paints a picture in her house. 

“...The end. I think that should be a satisfying insight into our pasts.” Mai finished narrating.

“That sounded pretty interesting, you all sounded like a great team.” Jake replied.

“Wow, it sounds like you almost had the same routine as us. What happened to Percy and Duke though?” Audrey inquired curiously.

“Sadly, I have no clue. Wherever they are though, hopefully they’re doing okay.” Mai replied.

“I’d love to meet the past green knight someday...” Nick pondered curiously.

“I’m just curious as to what Beast’s true intentions were, even back then...” Cameron wondered.

“Who knows, but hopefully whenever he pops up again, you will be prepared for his tricks. Now then, want to hear another story? I’ve got time to spare.” Mai asked.

“Go ahead. Normally I’d find old people’s stories boring, but yours are awesome.” Cynthia replied.

“Beats doing chores.” Tori replied, as the heroes laugh. Mai then begins to tell another tale.

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: Duke (read his voice in a Canadian accent for coolness), Percy, Bentley, Iguitor, and Tusk

-All of the past guardians and knights have been shown now, with Percy being the past green knight, Duke being the past blue knight, and Ranen being the past purple knight.

-This chapter currently has the least amount of appearance time for the main heroes.

-Second time where none of the present guardians or knights transform whatsoever (first time being “Framed”).

-The Brewtanizer (from “An Inside Man and “Out of Sight”) is shown to have once been a part of Beast’s army, in Iguitor’s clan.

-

It is revealed some of Beast’s essence went into Valina’s gemstone, explaining her corruption and how Ramos heard him from the split gem.

-

It is revealed Beast killed Meritel’s mother.

• Like 3

This is very interesting POV episode, showing how past guardians & knights been up to, and their first encounter with Beast. that's explains why Beast stil has pwers got Val's gen in there, and why he's trapped in different dimesion in 1st place.

All in all, good backstory.

Alao, heh good Canadian dude :P

• Like 1

what kind of bacon does duke like

Good episode for a change of pace. I liked best how we finally got an explanation of what made Valina evil. The fight with her and Beast reminded me of the fight with Star's mom and Toffee, which I also liked. I find it amusing how they called Bentley a shady conman when he didn't really do anything wrong besides give Valina what she wanted. Ranen probably finds him to be a saint now compared to Diggy. :P

Edited by Metal Snake
  • Like 2

75. Slittercold vs. Karmania!

Icy is seen in her cave at Permafrost Mountains. She holds out an ice staff, which has the Frost Star on top of it, and she laughs.

“Yes, my magic staff is finally complete! Now to move onto the next phase of my plan...” Icy said, staring at a photo of Slittercold.

Icy is seen wandering through the depths of Permafrost Mountains. She finds a path, which takes her to Slittercold’s cavern.

“The legendary beast Slittercold, I summon you!” Icy yelled, holding out her staff.

She waits, and the area rumbles. From one of the tunnels, Slittercold slitters out of it. The large ice snake looks at Icy angrily, and growls.

“Gentle now, great beast. I, the one and only Icy, the greatest Ice elemental and sorceress in Karmania, will command you to do my bidding!” Icy boasted, holding out the staff in front of her.

Slittercold keeps looking angrily, and opens its mouth. It releases an ice beam from its mouth, as Icy quickly jumps out of the way, avoiding it. Icy avoids another ice beam, and stands in front of the creature’s view. She holds her staff, and shines the Frost Star, flashing across the cavern. Slittercold tries to look away, but Icy chants a spell. The Frost Star releases an ice beam, and it is fired at Slittercold’s head. Its eyes begin to glow ice blue, and looks as if it is hypnotized.

“You are under my spell, Slittercold. You will do my bidding, and only mine! Now then my beautiful pet, we have work to do...” Icy said, laughing, as Slittercold looks at her.

Tori is seen in her bedroom. She exits out of it, holding a soda can, and walks downstairs. She walks through the living room. Suddenly, a toy firetruck goes racing along the floor. Tori trips over it, and slams against the wall. A painting of a snowy mountain next to her then falls to the ground. She drops her soda can, as the soda spills all over the painting, much to Tori’s dismay. The frame around it remains fine, but the painting is badly stained. Michael walks by with his firetruck’s toy remote, and sees Tori along with the ruined painting on the ground.

“Oops...” Michael said.

“Why you little...thanks a lot! They’ve had this painting for years!” Tori said, panicking. 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to trip you! Don’t tell on me!” Michael begged.

“Fine, but I’m not getting in trouble either. Don’t tell mom or dad about this. Maybe Audrey could help me with this...” Tori wondered, picking up the painting.

At the Golden Seahorse, Tori is with Audrey in her room. She explains what happened and shows the ruined painting.

“So yeah, I figured I should consult the artist herself. Do you have any idea how to fix this without either of my parents noticing anything weird about it?” Tori asked.

“I don’t know...I don’t think I can remove the stains from this, at least without them noticing anything off. I hate to say it, but you might have to just confess to your parents.” Audrey replied to Tori.

“Wait...what if you could just repaint over the entire thing?” Tori suggested, surprising Audrey.

“Well...I could try, but it won’t be easy. I don’t think my painting skills are at the level where I can faithfully give a new coat to a painting like this.” Audrey said, unsure.

“I believe in you, just do your best.” Tori reassured.

“Alright, I’ll see what I can do. I’ll have to test it out on paper before I do anything to the painting itself though.” Audrey replied confidently, looking at the painting.

She then grabs some art paper, and looks through her artist box. She moves aside Paint Skater’s old paintbrush, and grabs the necessary materials from the box. Audrey grabs paper, and places it on the table next to the stained painting.

“Alright, time to get inspired...” Audrey said, looking at the painting, and getting her brush ready.

“I’ll leave you alone to your work, don’t want to interrupt your artist’s corner. Good luck.” Tori said, leaving the room.

At Permafrost Mountains, Icy stands on a cliff, looking at the rest of Central Karmania in the distance. She smiles, and waves her staff. 

“Go my beautiful creature, turn all of Central Karmania into a frozen paradise!” Icy ordered.

Slittercold slitters out from the cave entrance, and looks at the kingdom below. It roars, as it makes the mountain shake. The Permafrost villagers hear the roar, and look up at the mountain in wonder. Suddenly, an avalanche occurs, as a large amount of snow slides down the mountain, covering the village. Many of the villagers make it out of the snow okay.

“Huh, in all my years of living here, I’m surprised that didn’t happen until now.” one of the villagers said curiously.

Slittercold slitters down the mountain, on its way to the rest of Central Karmania. Icy keeps standing on the cliff, as she watches Slittercold make its way through the forests. As the villagers get out of the snow, they see the legendary creature in the distance.

“Hey, is that Slittercold? Why is it leaving here?” a villager asked.

“While my pet handles them, I can use this time to train my apprentice some more...” Icy said deviously.

Icy opens a portal with her scissors, and goes through it. Slittercold makes its way through the normal forests, as it begins shooting ice beams everywhere from its mouth into the air. Snow falls down, as it shoots another ice beam, freezing multiple trees. Vinerox walks through the forest.

“Dang, it sure got cold...” Vinerox was saying, and he stops in his tracks upon seeing Slittercold. “Whoa, a giant frozen snake. I’m not a scientist, but I don’t think you belong here...”

Slittercold angrily looks at Vinerox, and readies an ice beam. Vinerox quickly jumps out of the way, avoiding multiple blasts.

“Come on, what did I ever do you? I’ve never met you before, guy.” Vinerox replied, as he shoots vines at the creature, but it breaks right through them with its icy tail. Vinerox looks worried.

“Yeah, plant against ice isn’t the fairest match-up...” Vinerox said, about to run.

Slittercold releases a frost breath from its mouth into the air. Vinerox coughs, and is sent flying away by Slittercold’s tail. Slittercold keeps moving along, making its way closer to Rainbow Forest. It releases more ice beams, startling the pixie animals there, as they fly away in panic. The area is frozen, and Slittercold keeps moving, making its way closer to the Bazaar. In the Bazaar, many people see snow coming down and feel the cold breeze, confused.

“How is it snowing in the summer?” a villager asked.

“Looks like some witchcraft...” another replied.

“I don’t mind...” another villager replied, tasting the snowflakes with their tongue.

Suddenly, Slittercold roars, as it makes its way into the Bazaar, startling the civilians. The royal soldiers look at it confused, and ready their weapons. It fires several ice beams from its mouth, as many civilians panic, and run off. The soldiers try to attack, but are quickly frozen solid. Slittercold fires ice beams at many shops and buildings, as ice covers the Bazaar. Beesle looks out the window of the Ye Olde Book Store, seeing the commotion.

“Oh my...what is that creature doing!?” Beesle wondered, concerned, as Slittercold continues its rampage through the Bazaar.

At the Golden Seahorse, Tori tells the rest of the heroes about her situation.

“So yeah, I really hope Audrey can save me...” Tori wondered.

“Is it really fair to make her fix your mistake?” Madison asked.

“If we’re being technical, it was my brother’s fault for that stupid toy. Besides, I didn’t force her, I kindly asked.” Tori replied.

“If you say so, I just hope you’re not making a mountain out of a molehill here.” Cynthia replied.

“I’m pretty sure my parents wouldn’t be happy, like at all, if they find out I ruined one of their old paintings. Besides, I’d never use Audrey for something selfish, we’re still good friends. It’s just she’s actually good at art, and I suck at art. Although... I haven’t really bonded with her as much as you three.” Tori said, coming to a sudden realization. “Huh...well now I feel like kind of a jerk. Eh, she’s always positive so I doubt she minds.”

“Maybe you should just face the music...and not that kind.” Nick said, referring to the record player in the room.

“You’re seventeen, you shouldn’t be afraid of your parents, lass.” Flinn said.

“I’m not afraid, I just don’t feel like hearing them lecture me, which is annoying.” Tori replied.

“Your issues are going to have to wait...we’ve got an emergency.” Jake said, as the knights get communications from Ranen. Jake lets everyone hear his communicator.

“Knights and guardians, get over to Central Karmania immediately. The legendary creature Slittercold is attacking the area, turning everything into ice. Our soldiers are no match for it. We’re not sure why it is doing this, but we suspect it’s either angered, or under someone’s control.” Ranen explained, surprising the heroes.

“First the painting nonsense, and now this. Yeah, looks like I’m not going to motorbiking today.” Tori sighed.

“Slittercold is said to never leave the Permafrost Mountains, and never bothers anyone unless provoked, so this is abnormal behavior for it. It is more likely someone is controlling it.” Zero said.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I have a strong feeling Icy is behind this...” Trent pondered.

“Yup, it has to be, there’s no other reasonable explanation on why it would do this.” Cameron replied.

“Sure, let’s go with that.” Madison said, as she holds out the heart.

“I’ll get Audrey.” Tori said, as she runs upstairs to Audrey’s room. 

“I still remember when we encountered that thing during our first visit to Permafrost Mountains, good times...” Nick reminisced.

“Yeah, and that thing almost froze us.” Cynthia added.

“It was just doing its job, we intruded in on its home. Also, it probably thought we were with Gordon and Doyle until it saw the heart.” Jake said.

“Good point. Sadly, I don’t think it’s doing its job this time...” Cynthia replied.

Tori enters Audrey’s room, seeing her struggling to paint. 

“We need to get to Central Karmania now, that Slittercold beast is going on a rampage.” Tori explained, shocking Audrey.

“Why would it do that?” Audrey asked.

“We suspect that weirdo Icy is behind it. Also, how is the repaint coming?” Tori asked.

“It’s...not coming good, I can’t figure out the colors on this painting, since it’s so old. Also, nothing I’m making is coming anywhere close to being as good as it.” Audrey replied, disappointed.

“I guess we’ll worry about that after we deal with the giant ice snake.” Tori replied, as the two head downstairs.

Madison opens the portal, as the ten head through it. They arrive outside the royal castle, seeing the Bazaar covered in ice in the distance. The creature begins making its way toward the castle.

“Dang...” Trent said.

“What an interestin’ sight for me first time seeing this big beast. If only it weren’t on a rampage...” Flinn said.

Elana rushes out of the castle with Orion, Meritel and several the guards.

“What are we going to do about that beast?” Orion asked.

“I don’t think repeatedly attacking it will make it any better.” Elana said.

“Icy likely is controlling it with a spell, so we need to somehow snap him...or it, out of it.” Madison said.

"Speaking of, we still don't know who her apprentice is..." Audrey wondered.

"I highly doubt it's the snake, since no way would it fit into that temple." Cynthia replied.

“Are you certain Icy is behind this?” Ranen questioned.

“That’s the working theory.” Tori replied.

“Well you see, it’s an ice creature, and she is an evil villainess who controls ice, so she’s like the only sensible culprit right now.” Nick said.

“Works for me.” Elana said.

“Let’s not try to hurt the creature though, that poor thing isn’t in control.” Audrey said.

“I’ll try not to, at least not too badly. But if it freezes me, I’ll be angry!” Cynthia replied.

“Try to keep the creature away from the castle until you can find a way to calm it.” Meritel suggested. 

“That’s a good idea, ma’am. We’ll lure the ol’ frosty beast away.” Flinn replied.

“Alright, we have a plan. But how will we break it out of the spell?” Cameron asked.

“We’ll have to wing that later.” Tori replied, seeing Slittercold getting closer.

“Be careful.” Meritel warned to them.

Madison transforms the girls with the heart. The guys transform into their knight outfits as well. They head down into the town closest to the castle. Slittercold shoots ice beams everywhere, as several civilians run around, and a cold breeze fills the air with snow coming down.

“Oh my...” Mrs. Lenden panicked, as she runs into her house.

Vince and Mariette also barely avoid an ice beam, and quickly go inside of their home. Steele appears with several soldiers, trying to block its path.

“Uh...hey there mr. snake, please don’t attack the kingdom! We don’t want to hurt you!” Steele warned, as the soldiers ready their weapons.

Slittercold releases an ice beam at the soldiers, freezing them solid. Steele barely avoids it, as he shields himself. Slittercold shoots ice shards at him, but Steele slices through them with his arm blades. Slittercold releases another frost breath from its mouth, as Steele panics.

“Oh no, don’t-” Steele was saying, as he is frozen solid.

Slittercold keeps moving along, firing ice beams at buildings, and civilians panic. Some more soldiers try to stun it with laser guns, but it knocks them away with its tail. Suddenly, Tori shoots a water blast at the creature, distracting it.

“Hey snake, over here!” Cynthia yelled, as the girls fly in front of it, and the knights appear on the ground.

“Oh jeez, don’t worry dude, we’ll rescue you when this is over!” Nick said to the frozen Steele.

Slittercold fires another ice beam at its mouth at the girls. They all fly out of the way, barely avoiding it. The beam hits another building, freezing it solid.

“Great, the snow is getting in my hair...” Cynthia sighed.

“Same here, but you don’t see me complaining.” Tori replied, firing a whirlpool blast at Slittercold, but it quickly moves out of the way.

The creature releases another frost breath, but Audrey quickly sends a gust at it, blowing it at the creature’s face. It breaks through it, as Flinn sends several golden slashes, getting its attention.

“Aye ye beast, this way!” Flinn taunted, as the knights lure it away from the castle.

Slittercold roars, as it gives chase to the knights. The girls follow it, as Slittercold fires more ice beams everywhere. Madison counters an ice beam with a lightning blast, causing a frosty explosion. Tori sends a water blast at another, stopping it from hitting a building. An ice beam heads straight for Jake, but his knight stone forms the shield, protecting him from it. 

“Whew, that was close.” Jake said, relieved. 

Madison sends electricity sparks at Slittercold, trying to stop it, but it shoots an ice ball back at her, and she barely dodges. Slittercold then sends its tail smashing through a building, knocking off half of it. It tries to take a shortcut, but Cynthia rises up the ground, preventing it from moving forward. However, it smashes its body through the wall anyway, and proceeds.

“Wow, someone is dedicated.” Cynthia sighed.

“We don’t want to hurt you dude, but you’re making it difficult!” Tori said, barely avoiding an ice ball from its mouth.

She sends a whirlpool blast at it, but it stops the blast with its tail, and moves forward. Cynthia throws several rocks at its front to slow it down, but it breaks right through them. She then rises up the ground, but Slittercold jumps off of it, and fires an ice beam at her. Audrey then sends a gust at Cynthia, getting her out of the way just in time. 

“Thanks so much...that snake is going to get it, mind controlled or not!” Cynthia said annoyed.

“I understand your anger, but we can’t just beat it up. We need to lure it into a good location and figure out how to reverse the spell.” Madison said.

“It’s too bad none of us have the element of fire to make this a lot easier.” Tori said.

“MY LEG!” a civilian yelled from the chaos, as more civilians runaway from the incoming beast.

“Get to safety!” Cameron yelled to some civilians, as he, Trent and Flinn guide them away, while Jake, Zero and Nick try to get Slittercold’s attention.

“How can we get it somewhere faraway from the town?” Audrey asked, sending another gust blast to get its attention, but it keeps moving.

“Don’t worry, I got this. Distracious lumicus!” Nick recited, making his stone cast a spell.

A green light is sent out of the stone, as it appears in front of Slittercold. The creature tries to eat it, but the light moves out of the way, confusing the creature. The light floats away, as Slittercold chases it.

“Good idea, Nick!” Audrey said.

Slittercold keeps following the light, as it heads toward Crystal Town.

Meanwhile, Icy approaches Roxy’s house, and rings the doorbell. Roxy answers it, surprised to see Icy.

“Hi, my apprentice! Ready for more training?” Icy asked.

“Oh hey, sure. Let me tell my parents first...” Roxy said, as she goes into the living room to see her mom and dad. “Mom, dad, I’m going out with a friend, be back later.”

“Have fun.” her mother replied, as Roxy heads out with Icy.

The two go to the park, as they look around.

“For today’s exercise, try controlling some more wild animals you see. After all, focusing on the wild instead of that seahorse you’re used to is important!” Icy said.

Roxy looks around, and sees several scallops flying. She stares at them, and holds out her hand, concentrating. The scallops glow pink, as they fly towards her. Roxy makes them fly around in a circle, and Icy throws several ice rings into the air. Roxy makes each scallop catch one, as they fly down, dropping the rings.

“Excellent work! You may let them go.” Icy replied, as Roxy lets go of her connection to the scallops.

They all fly away, as the ice rings melt on the ground.

“Now what?” Roxy asked.

“Now we should try focusing on wild animals in Karmania...are you ready?” Icy asked.

“I survived last time, so sure. Hopefully it’s nothing too dangerous.” Roxy replied.

“Don’t worry, I’ll protect you if it gets hard. Now then, go back home to get your jacket, we’re going to Permafrost Mountains again.” Icy ordered.

“You could have told me earlier so we didn’t have to go back.” Roxy replied.

“Hey, at least you get some good walking exercise in!” Icy replied, laughing.

Back in Central Karmania, the heroes are still on Slittercold’s trail. 

“So how exactly are we going to break the spell?” Trent asked.

“Do you know a spell that could help, Nick?” Zero asked.

“Unfortunately, I haven’t learned any mind control reversal spells, but I’ll put that on my to do list.” Nick replied.

“While we’re pondering about things, do you think you can still fix the painting after this is all done?” Tori asked to Audrey while flying.

“Honestly...I don’t think so. I’m sorry Tori, but I can’t remake its exact coloring or style. The painting has so many unique compositions I couldn’t recreate anytime soon. You may just have to come clean to them. I did everything I could.” Audrey replied to her.

“I understand. You’re probably right, I can’t hide from it, and cheating isn’t the way. I tried to selfishly use your skills to get out of it when it’s not even your problem. Im sorry, I feel like a jerk. Forget about that dumb painting, I’ll accept whatever my parents will say. Let’s focus on taming this snake.” Tori said to Audrey, as she smiles.

“It’s fine, I wasn’t mad. At least you’re ready to take responsibility for your actions. We always work well together, so let’s keep that up here!” Audrey said.

“Yeah, especially when we make ice of our own. Hey...wait a minute...what if we could help the snake with our own combined ice powers?” Tori questioned.

“Hmm...it’s possible...” Audrey replied, curious, as the heroes keep following the creature to Crystal Town.

The crystal people panic upon seeing the creature, and run around. The guards arrive, and begin firing their crystal guns at Slittercold, doing no damage, as it keeps moving after the light. It fires another ice beam, freezing multiple crystal soldiers in their tracks. 

“Well that’s not what I wanted to happen, but don’t worry dudes, we’ll free you when this is over.” Nick promised, still controlling the green light.

A soldier runs into the mayor’s office, panicking.

“Mayor, that ice snake is attacking our town! We must get you to safety!” the soldier said.

The mayor looks out the window, seeing the town is being frozen.

“Get me out of here!!!” the mayor yelled, as he storms out of the office.

The heroes send attacks at Slittercold, trying to stop it, but it shrugs them off. Nick makes the light fly around away from the rest of the town, as Slittercold follows the light.

“Guys, Tori and I might be able to break its spell...I hope.” Audrey said.

“How?” Madison asked.

“Audrey and I can both control ice when we combine our powers. Maybe we can try using that power to tame it. Get it in one place for us.” Tori suggested.

“It may be worth an attempt.” Zero said, sending stun shocks at Slittercold, but it sends an ice ball at him.

Flinn quickly sends a golden slash at it, protecting Zero. Cameron strikes his sword at the crystal ground, and a blue slash hits Slittercold. It then fires an ice ball at Cameron, but his blue stone reflects it back. Jake, Nick and Trent help get some crystal people to safety, as the girls keep flying around the creature, seeing its movements. Tori sends a whirlpool blast at it, Cynthia throws more rocks, and Madison shoots electricity, getting it in place. Audrey sends a powerful gust, trying to keep it in one spot. However, it shoots an ice ball at her, and keeps moving. Tori quickly shoots a water blast in front of Audrey, protecting her from the ice ball.

“Thanks.” Audrey said to her.

“No problem, I think I deserve to repay the favor after forcing you to repaint a dumb painting.” Tori replied.

“I think it’s time for a combo.” Audrey said, as Tori nods.

Tori and Audrey do a combined ice attack, colliding their ice beam with one of Slittercold’s.

“How can we stop this thing from moving?” Cynthia asked, exhausted, as Slittercold freezes more buildings.

“Keep it distracted, and we’ll try to reach through to it when it doesn’t suspect it.” Audrey said.

Madison, Cynthia, the knights and several crystal soldiers carefully attack it, keeping it back. Audrey and Tori then join hands, forming ice in them. Slittercold fires ice attacks at the heroes, and the two quickly fly down on its head, avoiding the attacks. They place both of their hands on its head, trying to connect to it. However, it doesn't work, as it shakes them off.

"Our ice power isn't strong enough..." Audrey said concerned, as they fly around, avoiding its frost breath.

"How about our elemental forms? Those combined together would be strong enough to reach through to it, I think." Tori replied.

"That might just work, but don't hurt it." Audrey said.

The two concentrate hard, as they transform into their elemental forms of water and wind respectively, surprising the heroes.

"The elemental forms? Why are they using those?" Trent asked, avoiding Slittercold's tail.

"They may be powerful enough for them to communicate with Slittercold." Zero replied.

"I hope so..." Madison said, shooting a lightning blast at one of the ice beams, as they collide.

Tori and Audrey join hands once more, and form a powerful ice combo. Slittercold fires another ice beam at the two, but they fly out of the way. The two fly down on its head again after Cynthia and Madison distract it. They place their both of their hands on its head, letting out the powerful ice pulse.

“Slittercold, please stop this chaos. You’ve been controlled. This isn’t you.” Audrey said to it telepathically. 

“Yeah, what she said.” Tori added telepathically. 

It shakes its head, as the two fly off. Suddenly, its eyes stop glowing, as it looks around confused, and stops attacking. Audrey and Tori then exit the elemental forms.

"Ow..." Tori said, feeling a slight headache.

“Don’t attack it.” Cameron said to the crystal soldiers.

“I think we did it!” Audrey said, as Tori gives her a high-five. 

“Yay, you guys did it!” a crystal soldier said, cheering with many crystal people.

“Great work, Audrey and Tori!” Jake said.

"Wow, nice work. Never thought you two would save the day for once, but it was your time to shine." Cynthia said, impressed.

"Same here." Audrey and Tori both said at once.

Slittercold looks at what it has done, and starts glowing. It makes the area stop snowing, clearing up the clouds, and the sun shines again. The frozen areas of Central Karmania slowly begin to melt. Elana, Meritel and Orion look at this from the castle window.

“I knew they could do it.” Elana said, proud.

In the Bazaar and towns, many frozen soldiers and civilians unthaw. Steele’s ice block melts, freeing him.

“-freeze me, please!” Steele finished, as he looks around confused. “Oh...well how about that.”

“Time to go home, big guy.” Tori said to Slittercold.

“You guys go help any civilians, we’ll make sure Icy doesn’t try to bother Slittercold on the way back.” Madison said to the knights, as they understand.

Slittercold begins to slitter back toward Permafrost Mountains, as the girls carefully follow.

On Permafrost Mountains, Icy and Roxy are seen exiting out of a portal. Roxy is wearing her jacket, as the two walk around. Icy notices the sky isn’t snowing, looking annoyed.

“Curses, did they foil my plan already? How annoying...” Icy mumbled to herself.

“Nice view from up here!” Roxy said, looking out in the distance.

“Yes, but don’t look too hard, or you’ll fall. Now then, I’m sure there’s an animal around here somewhere...” Icy said, looking around.

Suddenly, a white wolf with frosty fur sees the two. It growls and approaches them. Roxy notices, and gasps.

“W-what is that?” Roxy asked, as the wolf gets closer to the two.

“Oh, that’s one of the local Frost Wolves. They don’t bother you unless you bother them.” Icy said, not concerned.

Roxy braces herself, but the wolf isn’t looking at her, and it angrily looks at Icy.

“Something tells me it doesn’t like you...” Roxy said.

“Good observation, now stop it before I get seriously hurt!” Icy said, about to use her magic.

Roxy gets in the way, and holds out her hand, stopping the wolf. Its eyes glow pink, as she places her hand on its head. 

“Leave us be, please.” Roxy said.

She lets go of her hand, and the wolf runs off.

“Thank you! Your powers are growing, excellent. Welp, I think that was a good day of training.” Icy said.

“That’s it?” Roxy asked.

“Yeah, sorry, but I have to cut it off here. I have some biz of my own to worry about. We’ll get a longer session soon to make up for it.” Icy said.

Down below, Slittercold heads into the Permafrost Mountains territory, and heads off.

“Hopefully a crazy witch doesn’t possess you again.” Tori said to the creature, as the girls fly away.

Icy walks aside, noticing the Bazaar and forests have melted in the distance, annoying her.

“How did they stop it?” Icy wondered, annoyed.

Roxy looks off in the distance, seeing the four girls in their guardian forms. She gasps upon seeing this, recognizing them.

“They’re...guardians too?” Roxy realized to herself.

She looks at them, unsure how to feel, and Icy approaches her.

“Well today didn’t go quite the way I wanted, but it was a start. At least we had another fantastical day of training! Why not you head on home, don’t want your parents getting suspicious or anything, haha.” Icy said.

“...Yeah, good idea.” Roxy replied.

Icy opens a portal for Roxy, and she goes through it. Roxy arrives in her backyard, feeling confused and lied to. Icy is then seen back in the ice cave, as she crosses an x over Slittercold’s photo.

“My plans have been put on hold for now, but mark my words, every elemental and kingdom will tremble before my apprentice and I’s power!” Icy vowed, giving a wicked laugh.

Tori is at her house with Audrey, ready to confess. Lauren is in the living room, and Hank walks downstairs, approaching the two. Tori confronts him, holding the painting.

“Dad, I have something to confess. I tripped earlier today thanks to stupidity, and I accidentally ruined that old painting of that snowy mountain when my soda spilled on it. Please don’t be too mad...” Tori said, ready to face her punishment.

Hank then laughs.

“Oh finally, thank you!” Hank said, relieved, confusing Audrey and Tori.

“...Pardon?” Tori asked.

“I tell you what, between you and me, I always hated that old painting. I won’t miss it one bit. We’ve been wanting to get a beautiful new painting to replace it for a long time, so this gives us a great excuse!” Hank explained, taking it from her, as Lauren approaches them.

"What's going on here?" Lauren asked.

"Tori accidentally ruined this old painting, now we can get a new one, I tell you what!" Hank said, holding it.

"I honestly forgot we even had that thing. Yeah, I don't care about it. Just be more careful next time with your drinks." Lauren replied, as the two walk away.

Tori then face-palms, as Audrey chuckles. 

“So we went through all of that for nothing...great.” Tori said, relieved but somewhat annoyed.

“Hey, it wasn’t all for nothing, at least I know I still have some work to do on my painting skills if I want to become a better artist. And you’re better at confronting your parents now, so that’s good.” Audrey pointed out.

“Eh, yeah, and we got some nice bonding in since we never interact much. Want to go swimming on this nice day? I know, ironic after all the cold we dealt with.” Tori offered.

“Sure, we definitely could use some relaxation after today.” Audrey replied, as the two walk out of the house, laughing.

Notes/Trivia:

-Second time Slittercold is seen.

-Fifth time the Elemental forms are used.

-First time since Season 1 Tori’s interest for motorbikes is brought up.

-Third time Crystal Town appears.

-Beesle, Mrs. Lenden and Vinerox make cameos.

-

Roxy discovers the girls are guardians too.

• Like 3

I thought it was really good episode, Tori having bonding experience with Audpray is nice, and Icy has new mind-controlling staff thingy to control the cold beast to destory the place, and boy does Crystal Town hated being attacked a lot lately :P  Also, Roxy has sudden realizatiion on what she witnessed seeing current guradians, so maybe she could think of a way to trick Icy? idk we'll see soon though

Overall, it was breather episode even though Icy getting more focus as of late.

• Like 2

Heh heh, if Vinerox thinks ice is unfair against plants, he should try going up against fire. I also liked how they reversed Slittercold's mind control by giving him a brain freeze, that was an interesting solution I didn't expect. Good to see that Roxy knows about the guardians now too, let's hope that she handles things better than Elana did. :P

Edited by Edgy Metal
  • Like 2