• Advertisement

Mystic Guardians

Jjs Goodman

Okay, that was an amazing finale! First off, I liked the framing of the story as it being told in the future. I loved the final battle and how unity between everyone was the key to stopping Malgus - and furthermore, I think that was what the entire show had kind of been saying the whole time. That unity in Karmania was the only way to achieve PEACE. Ramos ascending and bonding with Malgus to stop it's terror was fitting in a way of closing Ramos' arc of always trying to be more - and failing spectacularly. He brought chaos to everyone, but this time for the better. He got to be something more, and he ended up uniting everyone in a way that they had never united before. I liked everyone's future careers/life states and what not. And I thought it was smart to leave their ultimate fates during King Nick's (ZOMGGG) time as an open-ended thing for fans to kind of imagine for themselves. I guess Madison's not active as the leader of the Guardians. Are there even Guardians around if the Heart of Karmania has been basically ditched? Guessing not. I'm happy to see Nicole and Matthew, two bright-eyed seeming kids, take the mantle of those before them. All in all, I think the best thing any creator can do when they end their work is leave the audience saying: "Hey, there's still more adventure happening out there - off screen, but it's happening. The story never really ends."

I just wanna say that I've loved you as a creator in the Spin-Off community. You have given us so many timeless classics, even if you think some of those gems weren't particularly good looking back. The work you've done here with MG exceeded the limits of your imagination. Storm Racers was crazy by the end, but this took the damn cake. Hats off to you, my friend. And if this is your final bow for now, it's been joyous, from beginning to end. Thank you for Mystic Guardians, and thank you for ten years in this writing community of ours. 

• Like 3