• Advertisement

Mystic Guardians

Jjs Goodman

82. Ghost in the Machine

The Guardian continues to chase after Grador, which is flying through the Cosmosos spacial sky, and the blimp is faraway behind him.

“Backtracking, huh? Why did he go to the Shadow Lands just to mess around with us?” Cynthia asked.

“He’s toying with us, but why?” Cameron wondered.

“He is a deceptive one with mysterious methods. Keep up the pursuit and do not let him go.” Meritel said.

“Just as long as nothing distracts us like storm clouds, that won’t be a problem.” Tori noted.

Zero looks out the window, seeming unsure. Nick approaches him.

“Hey doc, is everything alright?” Nick asked.

“Yes...well, no. Admittedly, not everything is fine. After seeing how the Dim Village civilians lost their will and became corrupted by The Beast’s dark magic, I fear someday I may lose my control as well. Or worse, I’ll become another machine, like this blimp...” Zero explained to him.

“Aww, don’t worry dude. We don’t see you as just a machine with no soul, unless you were a toaster, but even if you did become a toaster, Im sure you’d be a very good one. Sorry, but yeah, you’re fine, dude.” Nick rambled.

“Thanks Nick for your sympathy. It is a fear I cannot let go of, especially after when Zurtrax controlled me. It is also plausible someone like Colress or even Beast could pull a similar stunt on me again...” Zero recalled, referring to “Machina”.

“I have some bad news everyone, we’re...not entirely sure where the rock dragon is anymore. We lost them, and I’m not even sure if we’re on the right path. We were too far behind to keep track.” a pilot reported, looking ahead carefully.

“Don't worry guy, I'm sure a giant rock dragon with a bunch of monsters on it will stick out lore a sore thumb.” Tori replied, as the blimp goes the other way of Grador’s path, missing them.

Beast’s henchmen see the blimp changing paths from faraway.

“Hey boss, why aren’t they following us anymore?” Stormfront asked, looking at them with a telescope.

“Not even I would know that. I won’t complain since it gives us even more time. I need to erase the faults in Ramos’s personality as fast as possible.” Beast said, as Grador flies to a purple mountain.

Suddenly, the blimp begins to act odd. The circuits spark, and the lights flash on and off briefly.

“Okay then.” Madison said.

“Faulty wiring, I assume.” Skipper said, shrugging it off.

The Guardian then begins to fly in another direction, confusing the heroes.

“Hey, pilot dudes, you’re going the wrong way!” Cynthia said, confused.

“What the...the blimp isn’t responding!” one of the pilots said, panicking, as they pressed every control.

“Yup, I can’t do anything either. It’s putting us on a new course...” the other pilot said curiously, looking at the holo map. 

“We’ll take a look in the engine room and see what’s going on.” the first pilot said, as they head off.

The Guardian flies off very fast through the Cosmosos skies, taking them away from The Beast’s trail. The two pilots look around The Guardian’s engine room, as the gears and machinery are working properly. They shine flashlights around, seeing nothing out of the ordinary. They leave the room, as several strange electric sparks flow through the machinery.

“Great, just when we had him again, something gets in our way...” Elana sighed, annoyed.

“But why is this happening? Is something wrong with the blimp?” Cameron asked.

“Do you mean...it’s thinking for itself?” Madison asked curiously.

“How is that possible? Did someone cast a spell on it?” Elana asked.

“Wasn’t me.” Nick replied.

“Nor I.” Skipper replied.

“Could this be Beast’s doing?” Trent asked.

“I do not think this has anything to do with Beast. Perhaps there is more to this blimp than meets the eye...” Zero theorized.

“You got to be kidding to me, it’s only a blimp. It’s probably broken or something, after all, we didn’t get to properly test this thing since we were in a hurry.” Cynthia replied.

“She might be right. Technically speaking, machines like this aren’t alive...I think.” Audrey replied.

“Appearances can be deceiving.” Zero replied curiously.

“Look, I know cyborgs like you are debatable, but machines like this can’t have a soul.” Tori replied, as one of the pilots returns.

“We took a look in the engine room, and it was operating fine. Nothing out of the ordinary.” the pilot reported.

“Even I am at a loss on what is happening...” Zero said, looking inside the blimp control panel. The same strange electricity sparks flowing through the controls.

“Alas, it appears we can only wait and see where it takes us from here. Whatever is happening, it appears to be a supernatural problem out of our hands...” Meritel said.

Suddenly, many alarms go off in the blimp, confusing the heroes. A large floating mechanical craft approaches the blimp. Several satellites are on it. It is shaped like a centipede, with rusty and old steel. Ominous green lights glow all around it. The heroes all look at this from the window.

“...What the heck is that?” Trent asked.

“Whatever that oddity is, I have a bad feeling about it...” Skipper warned.

“Is that some bug spaceship? I hope we’re not getting abducted by insectoids...” Nick said nervously.

“That doesn’t look good, I think it’s about to fire something!” Jake said.

The front of the craft’s mouth opens up, flashing a strong green beam of light. It begins to pull The Guardian in through the tractor beam.

“It’s got us!” Elana said nervously.

“Come on Maddie, just use the heart and teleport us out of here before we get abducted!” Cynthia said.

“Not yet, I want to at least see what this thing is. I think there’s a reason the blimp took us here...” Madison said curiously, as the tractor beam continues to bring the blimp in.

“You can think that all you want, but I think this thing is going to be nothing but trouble!” Cynthia sighed.

“Teleporting away is a coward move. Face whatever this is now so it does not become a problem later.” Skipper said, as Cynthia rolls her eyes.

“He has a point, we never back away from whatever mysteries and dangers await us.” Nick said boldly. 

“What is that thing, Zero?” Audrey asked.

“Life signs are negative. My theory is that it is an automated craft. Perhaps it views us as hostile.” Zero said, scanning it.

“Us hostile? That looks like an alien ship from a sci-fi movie bent on destroying everything!” Cynthia said.

“Don’t jump to conclusions yet. We should try to communicate with it.” Zero suggested.

“What do you want to do, make friends with it?” Cynthia asked.

“Zero is right. We should at least try to understand whatever this thing is before blindly attacking it.” Cameron said, as Zero grabs a microphone from the control desk.

“Attention exploration craft. We are the guardians and knights of Karmania. We are not your enemy...I hope.” Zero spoke to it, as the tractor beam continues to pull the ship in.

Suddenly, the computer screen goes static. A green, cybernetic image of a Karmanian face appears, startling the heroes.

“That is creepy.” Trent said.

“That is an understatement.” Tori replied.

“Greetings, guardians and knights. I am CX 404 Technological Tracking Probe from the Cosmosos kingdom.” the A.I. spoke.

“Okay, but why do you have your tractor beam on us?” Jake asked.

“Because your group consists of sea specimens from the other dimension and from the kingdom of Central Karmania, of course.” the A.I. said.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Elana asked, annoyed, as the blimp goes further into the craft.

“This is starting to freak me out...” Trent said.

“Only now it’s freaking you out?” Cynthia asked.

“I have to admit, even if the controller of this craft is our enemy, this design is pretty neat. I’ve never seen technology like this before...” Skipper said curiously, looking at the metal walls.

“To think a contraption like this was made in a world with as little technology as possible...” Meritel said confused.

As the blimp is taken further into the craft, they come across a large machinery room. They then notice that TV Bot is hanging from some wires in there.

“Hey...is that what I think it is?” Audrey asked.

“Yeah, that’s the Neo Federation’s tv robot that chased us. This craft must have picked it up when it got blasted into the skies.” Madison said.

“Well I hope this weirdo computer system has a better use for it.” Cynthia said.

As the blimp leaves the room, TV Bot’s screen briefly flashes on...

The blimp is taken into the center core of the craft, which is shaped like a computer disc. They see a large green pod at the end, which has the A.I.’s face on it. 

“Allow me to clarify further on why you are here. I was one of many creations by several brilliant Cosmosos scientist minds, who were the first to bring technology to Karmania. However, long ago, a creature known as “The Beast” destroyed my creators and their remaining creations after they refused to help him. I am the last survivor of their work.” the A.I. explained.

“I am sorry to hear about your past, but we were tracking him down until you intercepted us.” Elana said.

“As I am now intercepting everything that comes from anywhere, and...neutralizing it.” the A.I. replied, as the heroes look at each other nervous.

“We’re after The Beast too!” Madison explained.

“All organic lifeforms that have come into contact with The Beast are corrupt, and must be...eliminated.” the A.I. spoke.

“That doesn’t sound very fair.” Tori replied.

Two mechanical claws appear out of the A.I.’s pod. They shoot out and grab The Guardian, preventing it from moving. Madison sends an electricity blast from the outside, destroying the claws, as The Guardian flies around. Many more mechanical claws shoot out of the pod, as they chase after the blimp. The two pilots fire their cannons and lasers, destroying some of the mechanical claws. The blimp avoids more claws, and the projectiles blast right through several more of the claws.

“Aim for the computer brain!” Trent suggested, as the pilots open fire on the A.I.’s pod.

Many lasers and cannons are fired at the pod, but a forcefield stops them.

“This computer probe thingy is too powerful!” Audrey said.

“Something tells me there’s no reasoning with this...machine.” Skipper said.

“Yeah, and I don’t think my negotiating skills can help us anymore.” Cameron said, thinking about the incident with Grador.

“There goes any chance of this artificial intelligence being friendly.” Zero said sadly.

“This is why we shouldn’t trust every machine we see!” Cynthia said.

A bunch of claws dodge the cannons and lasers. They grab onto the blimp all at once, preventing it from moving further. The claws move the blimp down in front of the A.I.’s screen.

“He has us! Jake said, as the claws send electric shocks onto the blimp.

“Our controls are being hacked! The artificial intelligence is overriding our systems!” Zero reported, doing a scan, as more electric shocks are sent onto the control panel.

“There’s no escape, we’re stuck!” a pilot said.

“And possibly toast, at this rate...” Skipper added.

“Which reminds me, I’ve got some nice toast with me, but now probably isn’t the time...maybe just one bite...” Nick said, carefully eating toast.

“Now should we consider getting out of here!?” Cynthia asked Madison.

“Alright, I hate to run away, but I don’t know if we have a choice!” Madison said, about to open a portal with the heart.

However, another type of claw pops out, and drills right into the blimp, shaking it, as everyone falls. A bunch of claws go in the hole, quickly grabbing everyone inside the blimp before they can fight back. The claws then rip apart The Guardian, holding different pieces in each claw, taking the blimp parts away. 

“The blimp!” Elana yelled.

“No! I worked so hard on that painting...” Audrey sighed.

“You are going to pay for ruining her artwork!” Jake said annoyed, struggling to break free from the claw’s grip.

All fourteen are placed under a ray by the claws, as it covers them in a green holographic material. Red rays shine down from the device, scanning all fourteen.

“I think I’m going to be sick...” Nick said.

“What is this stuff!? What are you doing!?” Trent asked.

“Discovering what you are, aquatic life-form. You are interesting, but virtually useless. Same goes for the Karmanians.” the A.I. explained, as it has an in-depth scan of all fourteen.

“How rude, I am not useless!” Cynthia replied annoyed.

“You will all be disposed of.” the A.I. stated, but it then takes a closer look at Zero’s DNA.

“Disposed of? How rude! This is no way to treat us after all we have done for Karmania!” Meritel replied angrily, as the green holographic material on them disappears.

The A.I. then opens the floor under the fourteen, as they all fall through.

“AAAAAHHHH!” they yell.

However, a claw grabs Zero, sealing him in a cylinder so he cannot use his knight stone. 

“Help!” Zero yelled, but he is taken up above.

He comes face to face with the A.I. It flashes a green light onto Zero, analyzing him further.

“You, the one named Zero, are the exception. You are 50% machine. You may be of use to me.” the A.I. said to him.

“Nooo, doc!” Nick yelled, as the remaining heroes all keep falling down the hole.

Meanwhile, Beast’s crew have landed on the Cosmosos mountain. He approaches the Phantom Beast Generals.

“Now then, it is time to erase the weaknesses from this vessel.” Nightkrow said.

“How will you go about this?” Beast asked.

“Using my powers, I will go deep within the king’s subconscious, bringing his side out. This shall tell me what is troubling him and why he is resisting your control. You will temporarily lose control, if that is alright. I promise this will be painless, at least for your side.” Nightkrow explained.

“Proceed.” Beast ordered.

Nightkrow casts a magic spell, as him and Beast are teleported through a tornado gust. They then reappear in an old setting of Posidonia, showing an elementary school. 

“Here we are.” Nightkrow said.

“What do you want? When am I getting my body back? Wait, this...was my elementary school.” the Ramos side of Beast spoke, looking around surprised.

“Correct, and that boy is you.” Nightkrow replied, pointing to a younger version of Ramos walking out of the school.

“It is me...” Ramos said, as he walks to the younger version.

The younger version keeps walking, as Ramos puts his hand out, but the younger version just walks right through it. Another kid runs by holding a paper, meeting up with some others. 

“Hey...I remember this day. We had some big test, and a kid stole the answers...” Ramos recalled.

“But you did not look at them. Why not?” Nightkrow asked.

“...I didn’t want to cheat.” the Ramos side spoke, as some kids offer younger Ramos to join in, but he declines.

“If you had cheated, you wouldn’t have failed that test, you moron. It’s time to make the correct decision!” Nightkrow replied.

He shoots out a dark magic blast at the younger Ramos.

“No!” the Ramos side yelled, as he watches.

The spell makes the younger Ramos walk over to the group of kids, as he looks at the answer.

“Give me that.” the younger Ramos demanded, taking the answer sheet right from one of the kids.

“Yes...feel the darkness flow through you, Ramos. Let your innocent past die.” Nightkrow said, as Ramos’s body glows purple.

Back in the hovercraft, the remaining heroes all slide down the hole, as an exit opens. They go falling into a giant junkyard room, landing in debris. Multiple pieces of destroyed Slayer parts are around, along with other old pieces of technology.

“Eww, this place smells and looks bad.” Cynthia said, getting up.

“This computer system reminds me of Scrappertin, except without the fake kind welcoming part...” Audrey said.

"So this thing was made when Beast was last a threat, which would be...at least over thirty years ago? How did a magical kingdom beat our world to developing artificial intelligence?" Nick pondered.

"When you have the resources and brilliant minds that the Cosmosos civilians have, I suppose anything is possible. Now let's find a way to get out of this scrap heap." Meritel replied.

“I didn’t lose the heart, but we’re not leaving without Zero. I hope he’s okay...” Madison said, getting up.

She uses the heart to transform the girls, as the knights power up.

“This room reminds me of a trash compactor scene I saw in a movie once, I hope it doesn’t go the way that went...” Nick said nervously.

“Great, we’re going to get trashed?” Tori said annoyed.

“Not “trashed”. Recycled into organic fuel, but please remain calm.” the A.I. spoke, startling the gang, as a screen comes down in the room, showing the A.I.’s face on it.

“I got something you can “recycle”, you freaky machine!” Cynthia said, as she levitates some iron debris pieces, and throws them at the screen, doing no damage to it.

“Indeed. Goodbye, aquatic entities.” the A.I. replied.

Trent uses his knight stone’s power to burn at the metal wall, but it barely does a scratch.

“That’s impossible. This wall is invincible, I can’t burn through it!” Trent said.

Elana and Meritel send light blasts at the wall, but nothing happens.

“What witchcraft is this?” Meritel wondered.

“Not witchcraft, this is technology at its evilest.” Tori replied.

“Zero would know how to get us out of here, this is his element...” Audrey said.

“Sometimes I wonder if I was safer with the Federation...” Skipper wondered.

“Got any tricks up your sleeve?” Tori asked him.

“Afraid not, my magic does not fare well against technology like this kind.” Skipper replied.

A debris pile shakes, as a small silver and blue robot pops out of it. It crawls toward the heroes, who look at it weirdly.

“Oh, at long last, I finally have some company! I have craved the conservation and interaction!” the robot said.

“Uh...alright. We need to get out of here. Do you know a way out of here?” Jake asked the robot.

“Indeed I do. But you’re not gonna like it!” the robot replied, pointing to a rusty steel fan at the back of the room.

“Oh boy...” Cameron said, prepared for the worst.

The fan blade turns on, as it begins to suck the debris into it. The robot is lifted up, as it goes slicing right through the fan blade, sending it right out of the hovercraft along with other pieces of junk.

“Ouch.” Tori said.

The robot’s parts float around the Cosmosos sky, as its head floats around.

“I’M FREE, FREE!” the robot said happily, as its parts began to fall toward the ground.

Madison sends two electricity blasts at the fan, but it deflects them. They nearly hit Cynthia.

“Watch it!” Cynthia said, annoyed.

“Sorry!” Madison replied, as the heroes all try to get away from the spinning fan blade.

“Up here!” Elana yelled, as her and the others are at the top of a debris pile, while the girls flew up, looking at the fan blade before them.

Up above, a wire is plugged into Zero’s head, who is still struggling to break free.

“Let me go! Please, I beg of you!” Zero demanded.

“Struggle is futile, Zero. Your teleporting ability has been nullified, and your powers, deactivated.” the A.I. explained.

“Release my friends! The Beast is our enemy as well!” Zero begged, as the heroes keep looking at the oncoming fan below, unsure what to do.

“Logic dictates you will say anything to save your friends from annihilation. And I must annihilate all organic life.” the A.I. replied. 

“By destroying life, you are becoming what you despise the most: The Beast!” Zero replied, as the A.I.’s screen goes static.

“The Beast? SYSTEM ERROR. SYSTEM ERROR.” the A.I. replied.

“You are infected by a virus! Your system is being corrupted by the Neo Federation’s TV robot!” Zero realized.

“Impossible. TV Bot has been deactivated. Observe.” the A.I. replied.

Part of the wall opens, as two claws bring out the deactivated TV Bot, moving upward. The TV Bot’s Federation symbol briefly flashes on the A.I.’s screen, continuing to go static.

“No, it still lives!” Zero replied.

“Machines do not live. We are all simple servants of our programming. Unfortunately, your programming is flawed.” the A.I. said, as Zero is moved around, and placed in front of the A.I. Many wires and tools come out, injecting themselves into Zero.

“What are you doing!?” Zero asked.

“Assimilating you into my core central processing unit. Your knowledge will be added into my own database.” the A.I. explained, as Zero yells out in pain.

Nightkrow teleports with Ramos to another part of his past, as they appear at a farm. A family is at a table set up outside. 

“Look familiar?” Nightkrow asked.

“Yes...I grew up down the street from this farm. This was the Morrisons’ farm.” Ramos recalled.

“You have heart for them, and we’ll erase that heart...” Nightkrow replied.

“The Morrisons were good people. When my parents weren’t around for me, which was all the time, I would go here to play on their farm and ride their seahorses...” Ramos reminisced, seeing the farm.

“How touching.” Nightkrow replied.

“I remember...when Mr. Morrison lost his job, his family nearly lost everything. I did a fundraiser and helped them make enough to survive until he found another job...” Ramos recalled.

“...What if you hadn’t done that act of kindness?” Nightkrow asked.

“But...I did...” Ramos replied, confused.

“Not anymore.” Nightkrow replied.

His eyes flash, as the Morrisons disappear, crumbling to dust. The farm house and lands around all disappear as well.

“No...it did not happen like this!” Ramos replied, concerned.

“It did now.” Nightkrow replied.

Ramos growls, as his body glows purple again, making him grow stronger.

Down below in the hovercraft, the heroes all run away from the fan as fast as they can. Audrey tries to slow down the fan’s speed with her wind powers, but it does not work.

“Can any of you guys get in touch with Zero?” Audrey asked the knights.

“Nope, no response.” Trent replied, using his communicator.

“Wait, I’m getting something...but it’s not from Zero. It’s from...the blimp?” Nick said, confused.

“What? But nobody is in the blimp...” Elana replied.

In the other room where the blimp parts are being held, the parts mysteriously put themselves back together, as a magical aura glows around the parts. The Guardian repairs itself, and flies up, looking good as new. Nobody is shown inside of the blimp, as it is somehow mysteriously operating itself. The A.I. sees this, displaying a screen in front of Zero showing the blimp, surprising Zero.

“Fascinating. It appears your flying machine has revitalized itself. Its programming must be highly advanced.” the A.I. noted.

“Indeed. Mark my words, The Guardian will stop you.” Zero vowed, smiling.

The blimp flies around the room, when a bunch of red screens appear around it, showing the A.I.’s face.

“So, you have discovered a will. Intriguing. A will that soon will be broken!” the A.I. said, as the screens disappear.

From the ceiling, several spider robots drop down, with glass domes on their heads. They charge at the blimp, firing lasers. It takes the hits just fine, as the spiders fly up towards it.

“You are more intelligent than I anticipated.” the A.I. spoke.

A laser blast hits the blimp’s front, sending it falling toward the ground.

“You are terminated, flying machine.” the A.I. said, as Zero looks at this concerned.

Suddenly, The Guardian activates a bunch of laser weapons, firing an onslaught onto the spider robots. Down in the scrap room, the heroes reach a wall, as the fan keeps spinning rapidly.

“It’s no good. There’s no way out of here that isn’t painful. I can’t just teleport out of here without Zero.” Madison said, sending a lightning blast at the wall.

“Organics. Your flying machine is resisting me. You should witness its defeat.” the A.I. said, as the screen comes down, showing The Guardian fighting the robots on it. The heroes look at this confused.

“Oh sweet, my painting stayed intact. But...how did it put itself back together?” Audrey asked, surprised.

“I didn’t even know the blimp could pilot itself...” Cameron wondered.

“Me neither...” Jake replied.

“Well whatever is happening, I’m not complaining if it saves us.” Tori said.

The Guardian releases laser cannons from its sides, and fires a multitude at the spider robots, destroying them all. Suddenly, the wall in front of it begins to open up, shining light.

“It is not over yet, machine!” the A.I. said.

From the entrance, a giant, rolling maroon robot rolls forward. It has two long arms with block-like fists at the end. The Guardian shoots a flamethrower blast at the robot’s head, but it does no damage. It then flies forward at it, but the robot slams right on the blimp with its left hand, sending it smashing to the ground. 

“Do you not understand, machine? Organic life was just an evolutionary step. Only mechanical existence matters.” the A.I. said, as the robot shoots blue fire at the blimp.

Zero is still struggling, as the A.I. is trying to drain his information. His eyes then flash white.

“Observe. Your companions will be nothing more than scrap metal and fuel!” the A.I. said, showing the junk room below.

The heroes are being pulled into the fan, with no way out.

“This can’t be how it ends, I don’t want a one-off villain to finish us!” Cynthia said worried.

“There is no need to fight for survival. Your flying machine is finished!” the A.I. spoke, showing the damaged blimp on the floor.

“Oh no!” Madison said.

“And your mechanical ally is soon to be assimilated!” the A.I. continued, showing Zero in his grasp.

“I...am sorry, everyone.” Zero said, as a powerful shock hits him. 

“Leave him alone!” Trent yelled.

“Soon he will be a part of me!” the A.I. said.

“Maybe we can try the elemental forms to stop the fan?” Audrey asked to the other girls.

“I guess it can’t hurt, there’s no other options.” Madison replied.

The four girls concentrate, as they transform into their elemental forms. They all attack the fan, trying to slow it down. In the other room, the giant robot is swinging its arm, as they hit The Guardian. The Guardian struggles, as it releases a secret weapon from the top. A giant steel cannon stretches out from it, reaching the top of the robot’s head. It unleashes a powerful electrical blast. It explodes the robot’s head off, as the cannon returns back into the blimp.

“...What. How is this possible?” the A.I. asked.

The Guardian flies up, as the robot grabs onto it with its left arm. However, the blimp then turns itself, and sends multiple laser blasts at the bolts. With its weight and attacks, it knocks off the left arm. It then glows, as it flies right through the robot, leaving a hole. It falls over. The Guardian flies up, still standing strong. The A.I. looks at the blimp.

“...If you are not a machine, then the only logical conclusion is...impossible!” the A.I. said, confused, as The Guardian destroys the tv screen with laser blasts.

“Can’t...hold...on!” Madison said in her mind, as the girls try to hold the fan, but it won’t stop.

The girls exit their elemental forms, flying back with the rest of the heroes.

“What the heck was this fan made with, anti-magic stuff? Seriously, how is this fan so strong?” Cynthia asked.

“If one of you guys controlled the element of Metal, we may have had a chance to get out of this scrap heap.” Skipper said.

“Sorry dude, we can’t control what elements we don't got.” Tori replied.

"After dealing with Neo Federation's ships and this, we definitely need to figure out a better way to counter technology with our magical powers." Madison noted.

Nightkrow and Ramos arrive at another memory, this time a playground. It shows the younger Ramos being bullied by a bunch of other kids, as they push him around, and toss his backpack. 

“Loser!” some taunted.

“Enough of this! I’ve reached my full potential! My weaknesses are gone!” Ramos snapped to Nightkrow.

“Not yet, eager one. You did not fight back against those brats.” Nightkrow said, as they kick dirt onto the young Ramos, who is on the ground.

“I couldn’t, look at how weak I was back then! Why fight a fight I couldn’t win? Besides, fighting those losers wasn’t worth it. It would’ve just made things worse.” Ramos replied.

“Maybe you just didn’t try hard enough. It would have taught them a lesson, and anyone else who challenged you. Unleash your potential! Protect yourself from those fools!” Nightkrow demanded.

Ramos then stands tall, and glows purple. The younger Ramos then gets up angrily, and growls. He fights back against the bullies, punching them. He trips one, and pushes at another. Within seconds, the bullies run away from the young Ramos, scared of him. Ramos then stands tall, and lets out a growl, glowing purple around him once more.

“...Thank you. The weakness from my past is erased.” Ramos said, smiling.

“Excellent work. Now Beast will have full control over you.” Nightkrow replied, as the two teleport back.

They reappear on the mountain, as Beast has full control over Ramos.

“Thank you, great general. Yes...Ramos is gone for good this time. His weaknesses are erased from the mind stream. Now let’s get a move on.” Beast replied, as his crew gets onto Grador’s back, and flies off.

The heroes look at the fan, as more debris keeps getting shredded into it.

“Tori...I want to take back the mean things I’ve ever said about you...well, most of them.” Cynthia said.

“I’ll take what I can get.” Tori replied, shrugging.

Suddenly, the fan blade stops spinning, surprising the gang. A hole rips into the room, as The Guardian flies in, getting closer to the heroes.

“I never thought I’d be glad to see a blimp, but I am.” Nick said.

“Even though I have no clue how this thing is flying itself right now, it sure came in clutch.” Elana said.

“Did Zero install an autopilot feature in it?” Jake asked, as they all get inside the blimp.

“Let’s go with that for now. Now let’s save Zero!” Madison said, as the blimp flies off.

The pilots look at the controls for the blimp, confused at the electricity sparks going on.

“Looks like we’re not needed here.” one of them said.

“There must be a way to defeat your flying machine! The secret must reside in your mechanical brain! And I will remove that secret!” the A.I. said to Zero, as he uses his tools to take off his hair, exposing his mechanical brain. He then plugs a device into the top of his brain.

“Let him go!” Cynthia yelled, as the girls fly up towards Zero.

Madison sends an electric blast at the material around Zero, removing it from him. He is released, as he grabs his hair, covering his brain. He then hangs onto a wire, sliding down it.

“Interloper!” the A.I. yelled, sending missiles at Madison, as she falls onto a wire below.

Zero then slides down the wire, as he grabs Madison, helping her get up.

“Thanks doc, glad you’re okay.” Madison said to him. 

Zero and Madison both send electric blasts at the A.I.’s pod, damaging it. Madison then picks Zero up, as she flies off with him.

“SYSTEM CRASH IMMINENT! SYSTEM CRASH IMMINENT!” the A.I. yelled, as more missiles chase the girls and Zero.

The girls send elemental attacks at the missiles, destroying them, as they safely get inside the blimp. 

“Hey, we have control again.” a pilot said, as the electricity sparks stopped flowing.

The soldiers fire the lasers at the remaining missiles, colliding.

“The probe...is finished.” Zero said, tired, as he collapses, but Nick gets him.

“Don’t worry doc, I gotcha.” Nick replied, as the probe begins to launch off.

“Look, it’s ejecting itself!” Audrey said.

An entrance opens in the ceiling, as the A.I. escapes the centipede craft, flying away. Suddenly, many alarms go off in the craft, as it flashes red.

“Uh oh, that thing activated self-destruct!” Trent said, as the craft begins to explode.

“Get us out of here!” Meritel ordered to the soldiers, as fire surrounds them.

“We’re overheating!” Jake yelled.

The Guardian flies off super fast, as it is able to escape the exploding ship in time. The hovercraft explodes, knocking The Guardian around, as everyone inside yells. However, it is able to regain traction, and safely flies again, getting away from the area. A Cosmosos civilian sees the explosion from below.

“Pretty...” they said.

“Alright, I think that’s enough mechanical hijinks for one day.” Cynthia said.

“I concur. Thank you all for staying to save me. I still fear losing my control, but encounters like this have made me realize I have you all to help me.” Zero replied, who is analyzing the control panel, with wiring hooked up to it.

“No problem dude, we’d never abandon you. You aren’t an evil machine like that guy...or thing, was.” Nick replied.

"Don't worry doc, you're not just a machine to us." Elana replied.

“Thank you, your majesty. However, it was not the probe’s fault it went off the deep end. TV Bot had corrupted it with a virus, making it lose its sanity.” Zero replied.

“Whatever happened, let’s keep going. I see our “friends” ahead, apparently we didn’t lose them at all.” Elana said, seeing Grador flying into another kingdom in the distance, as The Guardian follows behind.

“Good, so our progress wasn’t stalled.” Meritel replied.

“We should thank you doc, your blimp autopilot mode saved us all.” Trent said.

“...I did not install any type of autopilot feature on it. In fact, after double checking, the security walls in the control systems are fine. There was no malfunction. The blimp never flew off course. It somehow knew we were going in the wrong direction and acted on its own.” Zero said mysteriously after looking at his results, making the heroes wonder.

“How is that possible?” Audrey replied.

“Maybe Zero is right, this blimp is more than a machine.” Cameron said curiously.

“Life, even mechanical life, is always full of surprises...” Zero said.

“Eh, I personally think Nick or Skipper put some magic spell on it.” Cynthia said.

“You can think that all you want, but I know no such spell.” Skipper replied.

“Yeah, I seriously don’t know.” Nick replied.

“Okay, I’ll be the first to admit it. You were wrong, Cynthia.” Tori said.

“I’m wrong? But you were the one that said-” Cynthia was saying, as Tori covers her mouth.

“That machines can’t have a soul, I know I did. And yup, you were wrong.” Tori replied.

“And it’s okay to be wrong, Tori?” Zero asked.

“Once in a while.” Tori replied, as they laugh, but Cynthia rolls her eyes.

From the wreckage, the A.I. core system is grabbing multiple debris floating around with its mechanical claws. The A.I.’s screen is damaged badly, as it statics. 

“...Mechan...existence matters...organic life...no sOuL...error...only mechanical...existence matters...organic...no soul...no soul...” the A.I. rambled, as it then grabs TV Bot from the wreckage, throwing it into the screen.

TV Bot goes into a mechanical space zone inside the A.I., as many wires plug into it. As it is downloaded, the A.I. continues to malfunction.

“Organic life...only mechanical...” the A.I. continued to ramble, as it slowed down, and many green sparks shoot out of it.

“NOOOOO!” the A.I. yells, exploding.

The TV Bot reboots itself, as the screen processes. It has fused with the A.I. and its debris, turning white, and looking more powerful.

“New program activated. Trajectory locked. Operation: Hunt down and destroy the guardians...” the new and improved TV Bot spoke, floating in the spacial sky ominously.

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: A.I. (CX 404), The Morrisons (flashback)

-Area Debuts: A.I.’s Centipede Hovercraft

-Zero still hasn’t gotten over being controlled by Zurtrax in “Machina”.

-We learn a bit more of Ramos’s past, revealing he did have some kindness and decency in him before he became king.

-Eighth time the elemental forms are used.

-

Beast has full control over Ramos now.

-

Beast attacked the A.I.’s creators a long time ago. The A.I.’s creators were also the first to bring technology to Karmania.

-

The TV Bot fuses with the A.I.

-

Spoiler

The Guardian may possibly have a form of sentience. 

• Like 4

Wonderful, wonderful episode. I really appreciated the "investigation" into Ramos's past, and how Nightkrow attempted to erase the goodness in him to allow Beast full control. I also loved the plot with the A.I and Guardian, and how it posed theological questions of sentience. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, SpongeOddFan said:

This is could be one of strangest episode I've read, from A I to Ramo's past, and I honestly can say this is interesting to learn more Ramos's past then this AI thing.

I disagree. The A.I. is by far the most interesting one-off villain we've had so far that wasn't actually evil, in my opinion. It was only because of their own ship coming to life that they were able to defeat him, and it also provided some interesting thought about the nature of the machine spirit. That's not to say the subplot with Ramos wasn't decent, the sadism in it surprised me. He made the poor guy think he left a family to die, what a psycho. XD

• Like 2

83. Long Live The King

The heroes are still on Beast’s trail, as they enter a new kingdom. The kingdom is a large grassy area, with many wild plains, jungles and giant glowing trees everywhere. Several swamps and tree forts are also seen from above.

“What’s this place?” Trent asked.

“This is the Nature Wilds, a kingdom of nature. There are no villages here, it's all plains and jungles. Many Poison and Earth elementals inhabit this area.” Meritel explained.

“Sweet, sounds like my place, except the whole poison part.” Cynthia replied, looking below at the kingdom.

They see Grador fly down below into the jungles, as The Guardian slowly flies down. Beast waves the hand with his blue gemstone, turning all of them invisible, as they stealthily make their way through the jungles. Suddenly, the heroes get an incoming transmission.

“Hello comrades, this is Gordon.” Van Gordon spoke to them on the blimp’s communicator.

“Hey dude, what’s up?” Nick asked.

“We has the major problem. I need to see you in Posidonia right away, it's urgent.” Van Gordon said worried.

“Sorry dude, but we’re tracking Beast right now. We have him close by and we can’t lose him again.” Tori replied.

“I understands, but you want to hear this. Neo Federation is developing new ship fighter thingy, and it looks very powerful. Also, your home is not exactly the place you remember...things have changed a lot.” Van Gordon said ominously.

“What happened? We’ve only been away from there for two hours.” Madison replied.

“You may wants to come and see for selves...that’s all I can say for now.” Van Gordon replied, ending the transmission.

“Well that was ominous.” Nick replied.

“If something bad happened to Posidonia, we should get there right away.” Jake replied.

“Go ahead. Mom and I can stay behind to continue hunting Beast on foot so we don’t lose him. It is your home, it’s only right you see what’s going on.” Elana replied.

“That works. Are you sure you’ll be okay against him though?” Audrey asked.

“We’ll teleport out of here in case things go awry, do not worry about us.” Meritel replied.

“I will stay here as well, just so the ladies aren’t alone.” Skipper replied.

“I’ll ask Flinn if he can help you.” Zero replied, using his communicator, as the blimp lands.

The heroes get out, looking at the jungles around them.

“This kingdom appears to be exotic and breathtaking, but we will have to explore it another time.” Zero replied, analyzing the area.

A ground slug then crawls out of the ground, as it gets near Cynthia.

“Eww, not these gross things again!” Cynthia said, kicking it away.

“I remember when we struggled against those when you “left” the group...yeah, that was not fun.” Madison recalled.

“Unfortunately, Flinn says he cannot leave Ottelia right now, and he has learned something troubling that may relate to what Van Gordon told us. Brak has apparently been made the King of Posidonia.” Zero revealed, surprising the heroes.

“How? I thought that stump was king, as ridiculous as that is?” Tori replied.

“Maybe they pulled a coup, it’s not like it would be hard to overthrow a tree stump.” Elana suggested.

“True, but I’m worried what he’ll do as king, especially to us...” Trent wondered.

“They would not be foolish enough to take more brash actions against you in public, at least, I would hope not. It’s why Ramos hesitated to strike you in Posidonia, since he did not want civilians to grow suspicious.” Skipper replied.

“Whatever’s going on, let’s go into Posidonia with caution.” Cameron said.

“Alright, you’re in charge of the Beast hunt for now. Good luck guys.” Madison said to Skipper, Elana, Meritel and the pilots.

Madison opens a portal, as the heroes go through it, while Elana, Meritel and Skipper stay behind. They approach the soldiers in the control room.

“I don’t think we should leave this blimp here.” the pilot spoke.

“Yeah, maybe half of us can search the jungles for him, while the other half can use the blimp to look from above.” Elana suggested.

“Great idea, I’ll stay up here.” Skipper said, relaxing in one of the pilot chairs.

“I'll go with you, majesties.” the other soldier said to Elana and Meritel.

“Alright. Take good care of this blimp, we'll want it back in one piece.” Meritel said to the pilot and Skipper, as she leaves the room.

“To think, all the times I went against the guardians...and now, I get to command their blimp.” Skipper said, impressed.

“Oh no partner, she was talking to me.” the pilot replied.

“Why would they leave you in charge? I’ve led Federation troopers, and I have dark magic!” Skipper replied.

He then realizes what he said, and stays silent.

“Well I’d say that answered your own question.” the pilot replied, as Skipper gets out of the pilot seat, and the soldier takes command. 

The blimp takes off, as it flies through the sky, looking below for Beast. Elana, Meritel and the other soldier wander through the jungles.

At the Posidonia castle, Brak is seen sitting on the throne, wearing the king crown, smiling. Colress, Edward, Vexacus, Morgana, Thorn and multiple soldiers from both sides are in the room with him.

“After so long, I take my rightful place as King of Posidonia. I could not have asked for a better birthday present.” Brak said, having a flashback how he got to this point.

At the Neo Federation base, Brak is in a meeting with the others.

“It appears the guardians are preoccupied with something else. Whatever they are up, they have been traveling around in that blimp to distant kingdoms. Unfortunately, I have lost contact with the TV Bot I sent after them. No matter, we’ll let them do whatever they want, while we can prepare to take back Central Karmania. Of course, their soldiers are likely on high alert for our next strike.” Colress explained.

“What should our next course of action be?” Vexacus asked.

“Since it is my son’s birthday, what would you like to do, Brak?” Edward asked him. 

“It’s his birthday? Happy birthday, guy.” Thorn replied.

“I would like nothing more than to finally take my rightful place as ruler of Posidonia.” Brak replied.

“Yes, we need you to secure the throne! With an actual competent king, you can bring about their end!” Edward replied.

“Um, there already is a king.” Morgana replied.

“Yes, a tree stump that possibly did not even fairly win the election. It is time we stop being passive and take our rightful control over the castle again. This will help unite both sides of the Federation, and with our strengths combined, we can crush the rebels. There is zero reason for us to still be hiding out in these woods instead of using the castle.” Brak explained.

“These are intriguing points you bring up. Both parts of the Federation will work better together than divided. We can keep this base intact for backup.” Colress replied.

“But how can we overthrow it without the without the public asking too many questions?” Morgana asked.

“We’ll tell the public Stump “resigned”. After all, nobody can confirm that for certain, and the residents are such idiots they’d believe anything.” Edward replied.

They storm into the castle throne room, confusing the normal Federation soldiers. A Neo Federation soldier grabs Stump, removes the crown, and throws it out the window. Stump lands in the bushes outside the castle. The soldier hands Brak the crown, ending the flashback.

“My first decree as king is to tighten security around Posidonia. I want soldiers patrolling everywhere for the guardians, knights, and any of their allies.” Brak demanded, as this concerns Colress.

“With all due respect my king, this increased military presence may draw suspicion from civilians.” Colress noted.

“That is unfortunate for them. It is time we stopped hiding and took action if we are to stomp out these rebels. We’ll start by removing a known location they meet up at, which will make them scramble. Soldiers, go. Patrol the city.” Brak demanded.

Many Neo soldiers salute him, as they run out of the throne room at once. Elizabeth then walks into the room, seeing the soldiers run off.

“H-happy birthday, son...” Elizabeth said nervously, handing Brak a present.

“Thank you...mother. I will open this another time. Becoming king is a fine enough gift for now. I shall finally do what my moronic brother couldn’t, and wipe out these rebels. I will lead us to victory. Maybe I can even improve this country...” Brak said, staring at his crown.

“Ah, how I’ve missed this castle...” Vexacus said, reminiscing.

“I just hope my room wasn’t ruined.” Morgana said.

“LONG LIVE KING BRAK!” multiple soldiers yelled, as they cheer for him.

However, some of the normal grey armored soldiers don’t applaud for Brak. Colress claps, but doesn’t seem very enthusiastic. 

A portal opens inside the Posidonia Fields Subway, as the heroes walk out of it.

“If Brak is king, what happened to Stump?” Trent asked.

“Maybe it got put into a wood cutter.” Tori joked.

“Aw, that’s mean.” Audrey replied.

“Jokes aside, I wonder where Stump even came from...” Nick pondered, as they head up the subway stairs, taking them above ground.

“Probably just a stupid joke from someone.” Cynthia replied.

It is night time, as they look around Posidonia Fields. They see multiple Neo Federation soldiers patrolling around.

“Whoa, you guys got some new digs.” a civilian said, looking at their armor from the sidewalk.

“Did you guys hear Stump resigned?” another civilian asked.

“I’m still not sure why it was even made the king.” another civilian replied.

“So that’s how they covered up Stump’s removal.” Audrey said, overhearing their conversation.

“What’s with all the soldiers?” Jake asked.

“Something tells me they’re looking for us...” Cameron replied.

Gus rides by on his motorbike, but looks nervously at the multiple Neo Federation soldiers walking around.

“What’s this all about?” Gus wondered, but he shrugs it off, and keeps riding by.

“I don’t think they’d attack us if they saw us...right?” Madison asked.

“Something tells me we don’t want to find out. We’ll have to sneak our way around and keep a low profile.” Cameron replied.

“We’re not even welcome in our own home anymore...great.” Cynthia said.

“Eh, I’m not worried. It’s not like these mooks are ever legitimate threats, they’re not exactly the brightest bunch of bulbs around.” Tori replied.

Randy the Pizza Delivery Guy then rides by on his bicycle, but a soldier gets in the way, stopping him.

“Is there a problem, sir?” Randy asked.

“I want some of that pizza. Just a slice, please. I’m hungry.” the soldier demanded.

“Uh, sure thing, but I don’t think the customer will be happy a slice is missing...” Randy said, opening a box and handing the soldier a slice. They take a bite.

“Not bad. Take care.” the soldier replied, as Randy rides along.

The heroes carefully walk away through the street, hiding behind parked boat-mobiles and buildings, as they avoid soldiers looking around. They make their way into the nearby forests.

“Ah, just like old times when we ran through these forests to find a portal or use the Ancient Seal to reach Karmania. Good thing the heart makes it easier now.” Nick reminisced. 

“Speaking of which, whatever happened to that old magic map we used to find portals before the heart got upgraded?” Audrey asked, as they kept wandering through the forests.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It’s probably in my room somewhere collecting dust.” Madison replied.

“Where's Gordon?” Trent asked.

“No clue. Wish he had told us in advance.” Jake replied.

“Before we search for him, let’s first make sure people like Mai and the other past guardians are okay.” Madison replied.

“Or even our parents and siblings, what if they go after them despite knowing nothing?” Cynthia wondered to herself worried.

“They wouldn’t dare go after our relatives, that would definitely draw many questions. Too risky for them.” Cameron replied.

“Yeah, but they’re already willing to hunt down a bunch of teenagers and adults, so who knows what their limits are.” Tori replied.

In the forests, Rotwell is walking around, wearing a safari hat and holding a camera.

“Alright, I know for certain I saw a sea unicorn running around these parts! I will find it and analyze das creature!” Rotwell said to himself eagerly.

As he keeps walking, looking around carefully, he sees several Neo Federation soldiers up ahead, patrolling around.

“What the!? What are these hooligans doing out here at this hour!?” Rotwell asked confused, as he approaches the soldiers.

“Excuse me sirs, what are you doing?” Rotwell asked to them.

“Classified. There is no entry past this point, we’re investigating suspicious activity. Run along, weirdo.” one of the soldiers said sternly, blocking him

“HEY, kelp for brains, I will have you know I am esteemed teacher at Posidonia Fields High! I deserve respect!” Rotwell replied angrily.

“Sure. Now run along, “esteemed teacher”.” the soldier replied, pointing their laser gun.

Rotwell grumbles to himself, as he keeps walking through the woods, taking another path. The heroes overhear this from the other side.

“Poor guy.” Audrey said, overhearing it.

“Even if it is Rotwell, he doesn’t deserve to be treated like that.” Madison replied.

Flashlights shine around from the soldiers, as the heroes made their way out of the forest, arriving near Apartment Fields. 

“Oh right, this is where Zero lives.” Cynthia recalled.

“Correct. On this note, I have a plan. We can split up to cover more ground. Nick and I will go into my apartment to see if we can get in touch with Van Gordon. The rest of you can divide yourselves however you like, if that is alright.” Zero suggested.

“They would have a harder time finding us if we split up, so good idea. Audrey and I can go check on Mai at the Golden Seahorse.” Jake replied, as Audrey smiles.

“I’ll go with Trent to make sure Valina and Cassidy are alright.” Madison replied.

“I guess Tori and I can go see if our families are okay.” Cynthia replied, as Tori shrugs in acceptance. 

“Looks like I’m the odd man out. I’ll go with Zero and Nick.” Cameron replied, as the heroes split up.

Meanwhile, back at the castle throne room, Brak looks at the orange knight stone in his glove curiously. He sees Colress standing nearby, doing calculations.

“Colress. I am curious. Is there any possible way for me to forcibly bond with this knight stone? I want to unlock its full power.” Brak asked him.

“Only the stone can choose who is worthy to bond to it. I’m afraid I cannot force the magic of Karmania to work to your will, as much as I am trying to understand it myself.” Colress replied.

“Then find a way, somehow. I want its power before it bonds to someone. As king, I demand you to try. I am your superior. You may have had the shots for a while, but I am in charge now. Plus, it’s my birthday.” Brak replied.

“...Very well then, my king. I will see what I can do, but I cannot promise anything to work. Give the stone to me.” Colress replied somewhat annoyed, as Brak hands it to him.

Colress then walks away with the stone, looking at it unsurely. Vexacus is then seen walking down a castle hallway, as Morgana and Thorn approach him.

“Hi shark face, you haven't done a whole lot lately. Remember when we had a secret alliance? Good times.” Morgana reminded.

“Indeed I do, it's too bad it had to...abruptly end. Such is the way of life.” Vexacus replied.

“So, how do you guys feel about Brak becoming king?” Thorn asked.

"Better than Ramos." Morgana replied.

“Ah yes, Brak is a man of pure evil. He is much more competent than his foolish brother or father. He does make a great king for me to control...” Vexacus said ominously.

“What are you saying?” Thorn asked.

“I'll manipulate him from the shadows, and together, we will rule the oceans. I have not forgotten my goal in taking over the Federation. Brak and Colress can stay since they have actual brains and skill, but I’d like to get rid of that fool Edward. You two can join me if you wish. We can revive our alliance Morgana, this time with your friend, as long as you don’t hold me back.” Vexacus offered.

“Hmm...sure, why not. Just like old times.” Morgana replied.

“I’m in. I so don’t like that Ed guy either.” Thorn replied.

“It’s settled. I promise you will both will gain wealth and power by my side.” Vexacus promised, as they walk away from each other.

“We’re not really trusting that weirdo, right?” Thorn asked Morgana.

“Of course not. I had a feeling he was going to betray me last time, and I also planned to betray him. We’ll play along for now though for however long it suits us.” Morgana replied, smiling.

“...Foolish girls.” Vexacus said to himself, walking away, laughing.

Madison and Trent make their way toward Trent’s house, when Madison gets a call on her cell phone from Susan.

“Hi.” Madison replied.

“Where are you, and Jake, for that matter? It’s late, and the Federation soldiers are patrolling the streets for some reason...” Susan asked from the other side.

Susan looks out the house window, seeing multiple soldiers walking up and down the sidewalks, making her nervous.

“Relax, we’re fine. We’re all at the park right now. The soldiers aren’t bothering any of us. We’ll be home soon.” Madison improvised.

“Alright, take care.” Susan replied, ending the phone call.

“Wow, you are good at lying.” Trent replied.

“For now...” Madison replied, sighing.

They enter Trent’s house, as Cassidy and Valina hear them enter from the couch. They get up, approaching Madison and Trent.

“Thank goodness you’re alright.” Trent replied.

“What’s going on?” Valina asked.

“Brak became king. The Neo Federation is taking more aggressive action against us. They’re actively hunting the place down for us and possibly our allies too.” Madison explained.

“Wow, that’s not cool. That’s something a dictator would do.” Cassidy replied.

“I was wondering what those pesky soldiers were doing. I’m glad you're both unharmed. If any of them try to harm us, I'll show them a piece of my mind. We'll help you.” Valina replied.

Nick, Cameron and Zero are in Zero’s apartment room. Nick calls Gordon's number, but there's no answer.

“Welp, that’s all I got. We should connect his phone to his communicator like with Ranen and Mai.” Nick replied.

“I will do that after we meet him. Let me try this. If I adjust the frequency, and trace the one he used to contact us...” Zero said, connecting his communicator to a device on his desk.

“Hello? Is someones there?” Van Gordon’s voice asked on Zero’s communicator.

“Yes, it is us, the knights. We have arrived in Posidonia, and we know Brak has taken over. Where are you?” Zero asked.

“My apologies for not saying more, they jamming transmissions and my phone died. I am wanted fugitive, and they looking for me as well. Now you sees what I warned you about. I currently in Pyrite Town, where there are no soldiers. Meet me there. Along with the fighter, there is something else I need to show you...” Van Gordon replied.

“That will take too long though, getting there takes a while, and trust me, I know. The Federation also might not let anyone leave the city.” Nick replied.

“Not with shortcut! Check sewers, I left a path for you. You're the welcome.” Van Gordon replied, ending the communication.

“The sewers? Eww, but if it’s the fastest and stealthiest way, so be it...” Nick replied.

As they leave Apartment Fields, Doug, while jogging, sees Nick.

“Hey hey hey, if it isn’t Nick, old pal!” Doug greeted, walking up to him.

“Oh hey dude, it’s been a while. How have things been for you?” Nick asked.

“Not much, just doing lots of track races. What are you up to?” Doug asked.

“I got a girlfriend.” Nick replied, surprising Doug.

He then sees some Neo Federation soldiers nearby, who look at their group.

“Atta boy! Is she hot?” Doug asked.

“Sure. Anyways, I’m afraid we have to cut our reunion short, we have to go somewhere right away.” Nick said slightly nervous.

“Alright then, see ya dude!” Doug replied, as he resumes jogging, and leaves the area.

“What’s the matter?” Cameron asked.

“Them, I think they’re onto us...” Nick replied, pointing to the soldiers.

“You three, stop!” a soldier said, pointing their laser gun.

Zero then uses his knight stone to teleport the three away, confusing the soldiers. The three reappear inside City Hall, scaring a security guard.

Jake and Audrey approach the Golden Seahorse, wearing hats to disguise themselves. They see two Neo Federation soldiers outside the entrance guarding it. 

“That’s not good.” Jake said, worrying Audrey.

The two carefully walk inside, as the guards outside do not recognize them. They see multiple soldiers inside, standing guard in the restaurant, making some customers uncomfortable.

“Check please.” a customer said nervously.

“Something tells me they know this is our hangout spot.” Jake said, as Chen approaches the two.

“Hello Audrey and friend, is everything alright?” Chen asked.

“Why are there soldiers everywhere in here?” Audrey asked.

“They claim that someone is trying to rob us, so they want to protect us. How thoughtful! One of them even agreed to temporarily run the place for us. Since it gives me a bit of a break in dealing with customers, I won’t complain!” Chen replied happily.

"Where's Mai?" Audrey asked concerned.

“She's in the other room. She doesn’t seem very happy with our guest’s occupation though...” Chen replied, as he walks along, meeting with Lin.

“This is really unfair, they’ve basically taken over our restaurant. This should be against the law...” Audrey said.

“At least they didn’t harm your family. Now then, let’s get something to eat.” Jake replied, walking towards the main counter.

“Are you trying to get us caught?” Audrey asked.

“If we just walked out, it might look suspicious. Don’t worry, it’s not like any of these soldiers recognize us.” Jake said.

“Uh...he might.” Audrey noted, pointing to a familiar person behind the counter.

“Mark Rudor...” Jake said, reading a poster with his name on the wall.

“Correct, your eyes do not deceive you, young man! It is I, the vaunted Federation commander!” Mark said to them, wiping a glass.

“Gosh, what’s an amazing commander like you doing in my...I mean, this restaurant?” Audrey asked sarcastically.

“This fine establishment belongs to me...well, the Federation of course. Say...you look familiar, have we met before?” Mark asked curiously to them.

“Nope, probably confused with someone else.” Jake replied, as Audrey nods.

“Oh well. Can I get you something?” Mark asked.

“Sure, two boxes of noodles to go please.” Jake ordered.

“Alright, will ring the bell when it’s ready!” Mark replied, as he places the order in to the chef.

Jake and Audrey walk around, as they head into the other room, seeing Mai sitting on a chair.

“I am glad you’re alright.” Mai said.

“Same here, I can’t believe they took this place over. There goes one of our meeting spots...” Audrey sighed.

“Do not distraught, you never needed this old place for the team to unite. If any of them try to harm me, they got another thing coming.” Mai said calmly, as Audrey laughs.

As the two exit the room, a news report comes on the restaurant tv. 

“Paul Dunkley here. Attention all civilians of Posidonia. We have a report from the new king. He is aware that some may be confused and concerned by the increased patrol of soldiers around. He says to not have any fear. They will patrol every night to look for dangerous criminals floating around, and as such, nobody can leave Posidonia Fields without permission. Otherwise, your days will continue normally. Have no fear. That is all.” Paul reported.

“Great, so we’ll have to put up with this every single night.” Audrey said, sighing, when they hear the bell ring.

The two grab their boxes, and walk toward the entrance. Mark then looks at the counter, realizing he didn’t get any money.

“Hey, wait a minute! Guards, stop them!” Mark yelled, making Jake and Audrey nervous, as two soldiers stop them from leaving.

Peyton is eating food nearby, and overhears this, as she looks at them.

“What is it, sir?” Jake asked.

“You forgot to pay.” Mark replied.

“Whoops, my bad. Uh...not sure if I exactly have enough, do you have some more money?” Jake asked Audrey.

“I didn’t bring any.” Audrey replied.

“It’s on me. This should cover their food, keep the change. You’re welcome.” Peyton said, handing Mark money for them.

Peyton leaves with Jake and Audrey, as Mark looks at them suspiciously. 

“Thanks for the save, Peyton. Huh, so they didn’t get rid of that Mark guy after Skipper framed him.” Jake said.

“No problem. I know these creeps are everywhere, can’t believe they took over this restaurant of all places.” Peyton replied.

“They’re likely after you too, come with us. We'll keep you safe." Jake replied.

"For your sake, I hope so." Peyton replied, as they walk off to find the others.

The remaining heroes all regroup with the three, approaching them from different paths. No other civilians are around.

“Hey Val and Cas.” Peyton greeted.

“Well our families are all okay, thankfully.” Cynthia said.

“We got caught and accidentally teleported into the city hall, but we’re okay. We managed to contact Gordon, he wants to meet us in Pyrite Town for something important.” Nick explained.

“But it will take forever to get there, especially with them preventing anyone from leaving the city.” Madison replied.

“Not quite, Gordon says there’s a shortcut through the sewers.” Cameron replied.

“Really? Eww, come on, of all places!” Cynthia replied, sighing.

“Somehow, I knew you’d say something like that.” Cassidy replied.

Suddenly, a Federation van comes flying toward them, as it abruptly stops.

“Freeze, rebel scum!” a soldier yelled, getting out of it with two others, pointing their laser guns.

They avoid the laser blasts. Jake’s eyes and stone both glow purple, as uses his stone’s shield to deflect a laser blast back. However, it turns the laser blast purple, and the shield sends it blasting right at the van, making it explode, knocking the soldiers to the ground. Cameron is surprised by this in particular.

“Hey, I didn’t know your stone could turn lasers purple.” Nick noted.

“...Neither did I.” Jake replied, as the purple glow in his eyes and stone stop.

As the soldiers get up, Peyton sends a sound blast, knocking the laser guns out of the other two soldier’s hands. Audrey then concentrates with her hand. She makes a tornado gust surround the three, sending them flying faraway, as they yell. They run away from the area, running past the Golden Seahorse. An Elite Soldier and two normal ones come running from the opposite side after hearing the explosion, as the other heroes hide, but Jake approaches them.

"Soldiers, some troublemakers blew up that van!” Jake lied, pointing to the destroyed van.

“Out of the way!” the Elite Soldier demanded in their distorted voice, pushing Jake aside, as he runs off with the other normal soldiers.

The heroes run off, looking for a manhole cover. They then go to Ranen’s dojo to make sure it’s alright. No soldiers are there.

“Well thankfully they don’t know about this place.” Jake said, relieved.

“Commander, we checked your dojo, and it is safe. There is no Federation occupation here.” Zero spoke to Ranen through communicator.

Ranen is seen in Central Karmania, outside the castle with some soldiers, keeping a watch of areas around them.

“That’s a relief. I’m sorry to hear about what’s going on. I can’t believe they finally took harsher action in your own home. For now, find Gordon and see what you can learn about the new jet fighter they’re making.” Ranen replied, ending the communication.

The heroes run off through Posidonia, avoiding soldiers, make their way closer to the Doughnut Shop. 

“Not seeing any sewer entrances.” Madison said, looking around.

“Psst, over here! I will help you!” a mysterious figure said, confusing them all.

He walks out of the alley, holding Stump in his hands.

“Who are you?” Valina asked.

“Hey, wait a minute...you’re Andy Wardal, that famed artist!” Audrey recognized.

“Yes I am, young lady! I created this beautiful stump, who is unfortunately no longer king. I jokingly entered him into the election, I didn’t think he’d actually win. I had to make sure he was okay after being rudely overthrown. Those jerks damaged some of his poor face! Don’t you worry though, I can easily fix it.” Andy said, rubbing Stump, weirding the heroes out. “Anyways, I kept my involvement in his creation a secret, but the Federation found out, and they aren’t very happy. I’m trying to avoid them so they don’t take my precious art away! I never really liked them, but this is just cruel, it was only a harmless joke!”

“We’re on the run from them too...for personal reasons. Are you still going to help us?” Madison asked.

“Yes, I’ll gladly help fellow people oppressed by the Federation! Here’s a secret sewer entrance.” Andy said.

He moves a dumpster aside in the alley, showing a manhole cover under it. He opens it.

“Thanks sir.” Trent replied.

They all go down into the sewer, and seal the cover. Madison uses her heart to light up the area.

“That guy was a weirdo.” Peyton said.

“Yeah, but he helped us, so I can’t be too weirded out.” Tori replied.

“I respect his artwork, even if he can make strange things.” Audrey replied.

“Alright, let’s go. Gordon said he left a path for us.” Jake said, as the twelve explore the sewers.

Above ground, the Elite Soldier and two normal soldiers keep looking around.

“Someone said they saw that crazy Wardal guy and rebels around here, keep a close eye.” one soldier said.

“Maybe it’s just me, but I don’t remember that dumpster being moved there...” the other soldier said, looking in the alley, as the three investigate.

The Elite Soldier looks at the manhole cover.

“Attention all units, our fleeing rebels may have gone underground. Investigate all sewer paths, and send scouter robots for assistance.” the Elite Soldier ordered through a communicator.

Back underground, the heroes keep running through the sewers.

“This is really not how I wanted to spend my night.” Peyton said.

Tell me about it!” Cynthia replied annoyed.

“We’re really not going to try to escape from them every day for the rest of the summer, right?” Audrey asked.

“No way, this is why we need to figure out how to defeat them asap.” Madison replied, as they keep running north.

As they run, suddenly, they hear a mechanical noise. A floating scouter robot comes out of the shadows, shining its red eye on them.

“Watch out!” Cameron yelled, as they avoid laser blasts from it.

Madison uses the heart to transform the girls, Peyton, Valina and Cassidy, while the knights power up. Trent fires laser arrows at it, as Nick sends a magic spell blast, but the robot flies around, avoiding them. Valina and Madison send combined electricity blasts at the robot, making it explode.

“Nice job.” Madison said to Valina, as they keep moving on down the sewers.

The heroes then make it to an intersection, unsure which path to go.

“Alright, which way?” Trent asked.

“Let’s try this way...” Jake said, as he looks to the left.

As he tries to go forward, three Neo Federation soldiers and another scouter robot jump out of the shadows, shooting at them.

“Not this way, not this way!” Jake yelled, deflecting a laser blast right at a soldier.

Trent sends laser arrows at the scouter robot, damaging it. Zero jumps up and strikes it with his sword, letting out an electric pulse. Zero jumps down, as the scouter robot explodes. Cameron and Jake both deflect more laser blasts. Nick casts a levitation spell, removing a laser gun from a soldier’s hands. Valina sends an electricity shock at a soldier’s gun, exploding it. Peyton and Audrey send a combined wind sound attack, knocking the soldiers around. Cassidy and Tori combine their powers to lift up the water under the soldiers, and send them washing away down the sewers, as they yell.

“Now which way?” Cynthia asked.

Madison then sees a paper taped to the wall.

“Hey, Gordon left notes for us!” Madison realized, examining the paper, which had an odd drawing of the heart with a right arrow on it.

“Yup, I recognize those drawing skills anywhere.” Nick replied, as the heroes go right.

How thoughtful of him, makes this less annoying.” Cynthia replied.

After going down a straight path for a while, they reach another intersection, as several soldiers shoot at them from the right path. Nick casts a doughnut spell at a soldier’s gun, as doughnuts drop everywhere.

“What the...” the soldier was saying, as Zero knocks them out, and strikes his sword at another soldier’s laser gun.

Cassidy sends another water blast, sending the soldiers washing down the sewers. The heroes see another note from Van Gordon, this time pointing north, so they go that way. 

“I’ve worked out so little this summer that this is making good exercise!” Trent said, running.

They reach another intersection, as they see a note leading left. 

“I think we lost them.” Cassidy said, looking around to see if there’s any more soldiers.

The heroes go left, but reach a dead end.

“Well this stinks, literally.” Tori said.

“Wait, there’s the note!” Cynthia said, looking up.

They see the note near a manhole cover, where half the ladder is displayed down. Jake strikes his sword at it, as the rest of the ladder comes down. The heroes power down and all climb up it, as Van Gordon removes the manhole cover.

“Welcome comrades, glad you followed my notes! Now get move on.” Van Gordon said, helping them out.

They are now in Pyrite Town, as they look around. Gordon takes them to a camp site, where Moe, Charlie and Mirta are.

“Oh, hey you guys.” Nick greeted to the three.

“Hi there.” Charlie replied.

“Hey, welcome back cous!” Mirta replied.

"So you're Nick's cousin, nice to meet you." Madison said to Mirta.

“Quite a party you brought, Gordon.” Moe replied.

“I knows, they allies. They will help us against tyrant Federation.” Gordon replied.

“Wait, you guys dislike them too? Why?” Madison asked the three.

“Look yonder over there, partners.” Mirta said, pointing into the plains.

They look to see most of the algae fields have been burned away, and the lands are scorched, surprising Nick.

“...Mirta, what have they done? The plains look like they’re dying...” Nick asked upset, looking at the burned lands and smoke in the desert plains.

“They took our algae without asking, and burned the fields. I have no clue why or how they done did it, but that ain’t right. If your friends can help us stop them, that’d be most appreciated, cous.” Mirta said.

“I helped you guys before. I’ll help you again.” Nick promised. 

"Just when we got rid of that shark's barrier too..." Moe said annoyed.

"Why would they take algae?" Cameron wondered.

“I guess this will have to be our new Posidonia meeting spot from now on.” Jake said.

“I really don’t feel like walking through the sewers to get here.” Cynthia replied.

“You won’t have to. I’m trying to master that teleportation spell Luna uses, so we won’t have to hike here every single day.” Nick said to the heroes, relieving the heroes.

“Thank you so much!” Cynthia replied.

“Yeah, as much as I love to help you guys, traveling those grimy sewers to get here is not ideal.” Cassidy replied.

"Sorry if you had better things to do, but we wanted to make sure you were safe." Madison said to Peyton, Cassidy and Valina.

"It's fine. Posidonia is my home too, and I won't let them terrorize us. I'll help out when I can." Peyton said.

“Alright, what information do you have about the new jet fighter they’re making?” Cameron asked Gordon.

“They planning to test fly a prototype tomorrow near this place. They built new version after their ships went boom in base invasion.” Van Gordon explained.

“Test flying it near here? That’s a convenient coincidence.” Tori replied.

“I’m sure we can handle it. We may have struggled with their ships last time, but we’ve been training for this.” Jake said.

“We'll get look at new jet tomorrow...and then see if you still feel same way about our chances.” Van Gordon warned ominously to the heroes.

This worries them, as they look at the scorched plains.

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: Andy Wardal

-Area Debuts: Nature Wilds

-Brak becomes King of Posidonia, overthrowing Stump.

-A Ground slug (from “Crawlies”) makes a cameo.

-Doug (from “Cold Case”) makes a cameo.

-Mirta, Charlie and Moe (from “Cowboy Nick”) reappear.

-An Elite Soldier (from “Operation: Darkest Hour”) appears.

-The City Hall (from “Birthday”) reappears.

-The floating robots that hunt down the heroes in the sewers are the same kind 7 used.

-It is revealed Andy Wardal, a famous Posidonia artist, created Stump. He jokingly had him run for the king election, and is now in trouble with the Federation.

-

Mark is still alive, and has been put in charge of the Golden Seahorse, thus eliminating a meeting spot for the heroes.

-

Vexacus is still plotting to overthrow the Federation, wanting to use Brak as his puppet behind his back. Morgana and Thorn form an alliance with him, but they are planning to betray each other.

-

Spoiler

The Neo Federation has burned away most of Pyrite Town's algae and plains for an unknown reason.

• Like 4

That was a big read. XD You did a good job working so much stuff into one episode with all the old characters coming back while still having plots with the main characters, villains, and fight sequences, even making a new character out of an old character that was referenced in the past. I also liked how you brought Mark back too, I will confess that would've left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth if Skipper really did help get him killed.

• Like 1

Great episode. It was fun to see returns of old characters, seeing as the team has been kingdom hopping for so much of this season so far. And like Metal said, I liked Mark's return as well.

• Like 2

84. Flight of the Destroyer

The heroes regroup with Elana, Meritel, Skipper and the two soldiers in the Nature Wilds, where The Guardian is landed near a swamp.

“Did you have any luck finding him?” Madison asked.

“From up in the air, for a short time we had his trail, but it faded away and we slowed like a snail.” Skipper replied.

“Some of his minions attacked us, but we did not see him.” Meritel replied.

“We showed them though, they were no problem. What were you guys up to?” Elana asked.

“Running from the Federation. They hunted us across the city and through the sewers. It was not fun.” Cynthia explained.

“Yeah, they finally decided to be a bit more competent for once by trying to stop us in our own home.” Tori added.

“And we have to avoid them every single night it looks like.” Audrey added, sighing.

“That’s horrible!” Elana replied.

“We’ll be fine. Nick knows how to teleport us around with a spell his girlfriend uses.” Jake reassured.

“Still, it is most depressing that you are no longer safe in your own home...” Meritel noted.

“Aye, I wish I could do something to help ye lads and lasses with me position, but it is best I not endanger Ottelia.” Flinn replied.

“The Federation is testing a powerful new jet fighter today. We need to get a good look at it and see what we’re dealing with.” Cameron said.

“But what about our Beast hunt?” Trent asked.

“It appears splitting up is the best option to handle both conundrums at the same time. One group can continue the Beast hunt, while another can help Van Gordon spy on the test flight in Pyrite Town.” Zero suggested.

“I guess there’s no other choice, sure.” Madison replied.

“How about Skipper and I go help out Gordon? I’ve wanted an adventure with him for a while now...I hope that didn’t sound creepy. But imagine two wizards united together against this new technological threat.” Nick offered, surprising Skipper.

“...I suppose, sure. Haven’t had a fun visit to Posidonia in a long while since I got caught.” Skipper replied.

“And maybe you can even teach me some cool spells, well, that is, if they aren’t dark magic ones, I don’t think I should use those.” Nick suggested to him.

“We shall see.” Skipper replied.

“I’ll go with Skip and Nick.” Trent said.

“Heh, nice rhyme.” Nick complimented.

“I’ll go with them, just so there’s one guardian to help.” Audrey said.

“I’ll go too, so there’s an even amount of knights on both teams.” Jake replied.

“Alright, then the rest of us will continue searching through the Nature Wilds. That settles that.” Elana replied.

Madison transforms the girls with the heart. Nick concentrates, as he uses his magic powers to teleport himself, Skipper, Jake, Audrey and Trent to Pyrite Town. The remaining heroes continue to hunt through the Nature Wilds for Beast’s forces.

“Eww, get them away!” Cynthia yelled, as some giant wasp creatures come flying their way, and she ducks.

“Keep walking, they won’t kill you.” Tori taunted, as the heroes laugh and keep moving on through the jungle.

Some nematodes run across the Pyrite Town desert plains. A Federation airfield is seen out in the plains, which has a communication tower and several old aerial vehicles. Van Gordon, Nick, Skipper, Audrey, Jake and Trent hide behind some rocks, looking at it from the distance. The knights are powered up. Van Gordon zooms in with his binoculars, looking at the airfield.

“Yup, there it is. Any moments now, they should be comings. They say this new jet fighter has better targeting, faster flying, magic resistance, and stronger shields. It may be prototype, but it sounds very dangerous.” Van Gordon said.

“I’ll believe it when I see it.” Trent replied.

“That’s why we’re here.” Jake replied.

“Aw, cute.” Audrey said, seeing nematodes crawling around the rocks they're hiding behind.

Suddenly, the nematodes began to growl, as something startles them. They all hear a noise from the air, as the nematodes run off. Overhead, the new jet fighter flies by fast, as the heroes feel the air rush, and it heads toward the airfield. Van Gordon zooms in on it with his binoculars. The jet fighter is black, has the Federation symbol on its wings, and looks similar to the ships the heroes have faced before, but more powerful.

“Do you see it now, Trent?” Audrey asked.

“Yeah, and I still don’t believe it...” Trent replied, surprised by it.

“It certainly looks evil enough.” Nick said.

The jet fighter lands in the runway path smoothly, as two Neo Federation soldiers approach it.

“Is there anything that can match its speed?” Trent asked.

“It would definitely give The Guardian a run for its money.” Audrey said.

“I think you mean flight for its money...wait, that doesn’t sound as good, never mind.” Nick replied, as they see a pilot gets out of the jet.

“Welp, we gots good look. That should be enough info for the army.” Van Gordon said.

“Wait, that’s it?” Nick asked.

“Mission accomplished, I guess?” Trent said.

“Eh...I think we can do better.” Skipper replied, feeling unsure.

“Butler man, we got what we came for.” Van Gordon replied.

“I’m just saying, if we want to beat that thing, I think we need more than pretty pictures and videos...” Skipper said.

“I’m not sure if I like where this is going...” Trent replied.

“We need to get the flight’s data recorder.” Skipper explained.

“You mean, from inside that jet?” Audrey asked.

“Yup, I was right, I don’t like it.” Trent replied.

“No, I agree with him. If we want to defeat it, we need to know everything about it.” Jake replied.

“Indeed. Take it from someone who knows all about the Federation secrets, getting that thing’s flight data recorder will be very beneficial to us. It would tell us everything, including its range, top speed, weapons, and more. Professor Zero would be able to examine this nicely to exploit any weaknesses, I imagine.” Skipper explained.

“Sure, let’s do it. We may not have another chance to hijack one of these things, and plus, we've pulled off crazier against all odds.” Nick said.

“I suppose it is worth the shot, just be careful, comrades.” Van Gordon said.

“I’m sure we can do it, sneaking around is one of our specialities. Trent, you and Gordon keep watch here.” Jake ordered, as the two do so.

Nick, Skipper, Jake and Audrey sneak around the airfield, hiding behind some crates. Nick goes with Skipper, while Jake goes with Audrey, as the two split up to cover the area. A floating robot searches around the area, as Skipper and Nick avoid it, hiding behind an old plane. Jake and Audrey see a soldier walk by, and as he turns around, they carefully hide behind an old helicopter. As another soldier walks around, Nick and Skipper quickly run across the airfield. The soldier turns around, looking to see anybody, but shrugs it off, and keeps walking. Nick and Skipper hide behind two metal crates, as they see the jet fighter right in front of them. However, it is guarded by two soldiers.

“This is no good. We need a distraction...” Skipper said, seeing the two soldiers guarding the jet fighter.

“Got any ideas?” Nick asked.

“I’ll come up with something, or perhaps fate will give us a distraction on its own.” Skipper said ominously.

Suddenly, two nematodes run by, going near the soldiers.

“Looks like those two critters beat you to it, unless they count as a distraction from fate.” Nick pointed out.

“Meep meep!” a nematode said to the soldiers, as the two nematodes look at them.

“Great, more of these things...” one of the soldiers said.

“That’s what we get for having this airfield in the middle of nowhere.” the other soldier said.

“You think these pests can fly?” the first soldier asked.

“Meep?” the other nematode said.

“I’d sure like to find out.” the other soldier replied.

The first soldier fires their laser gun at the ground, making one of the nematodes jump back. It growls at the soldiers.

“Nope, can’t fly.” the soldier said.

The nematode growls, and jumps up at the soldier, biting their face.

“Hey, get off of me!” the soldier yelled, as they fall to the ground, and the nematode keeps attacking their face.

The other soldier laughs, but the other nematode attacks them, doing the same. The soldier also falls, as the two nematodes stop attacking and run away from the airfield. 

“Get them!” the first soldier yelled, as the two soldiers chase after the nematodes, abandoning their posts.

“Those nematodes can be surprising helpful when they aren’t being menaces. Keep watch Nick, I’ll get inside that thing.” Skipper said.

“Sir yes sir! Before you go though, take this to download the data.” Nick saluted, giving him a flash drive. 

Skipper takes it. He looks both ways, and quickly makes his way to the jet fighter. Jake and Audrey see Nick, as they hide behind the crate with him.

“Skipper has this handled, no worries dudes.” Nick said to the two.

"I sure hope so, because I don’t know if we can avoid the soldiers forever...” Audrey said, slightly nervous, seeing another walking around nearby.

“You know, I just realized...couldn’t you just turn that thing into a bunch of doughnuts or bagels or whatever food spells you use?” Jake asked Nick.

“As much as I’d like to do that, I’m afraid it won’t work. I can tell this thing is very magic resistant, unfortunately, which is kind of cheating in my book, but oh well. Plus they'd build another.” Nick replied, sensing it with this stone. 

Skipper makes it inside the control room of the jet. He plugs in the flash drive, and begins to steal the data.

“Alright, the information is processing. Give it a few minutes.” Skipper said to the heroes on a communicator.

“Heads up guys, there’s a ship or plane flying from the north, whatever the Federation calls them.” Trent said on his communicator.

The heroes look up at the sky, as a Federation ship lands at the airfield. The jet fighter pilot and two soldiers stand in front of the landed ship, as the back of it opens. Jake, Audrey and Nick look at this. Colress, Brak and Edward walk out of the ship with two Elite Soldiers by their sides.

“What’s happening out there?” Skipper asked on the communicator.

“...Something really bad.” Jake replied worried.

“Good afternoon, Mitch Terris. I know you are one of the most talented pilots hailing from the Federation Academy. I am eager to hear your opinion on how well The Destroyer works.” Colress greeted to the pilot.

“Allow me to present the fighter elite for your inspection, King Brak, sir Edward and Mr. Colress. Then I’ll provide you with a flight demonstration.” Mitch replied.

“Oh nos, they headed for the fighter, but butler man is still in there!” Van Gordon said from behind the rock, seeing them with his binoculars.

“Get ready guy, things are about to get interesting...” Trent replied to Gordon, as they keep looking at the airfield.

“Uh Skipper, we kind of have to go, like now.” Nick said on the communicator, as him, Jake and Audrey hide further back.

“It is almost done, just stall them.” Skipper replied, looking at the download data.

“Stall them? How? It’s Colress!” Jake replied.

“I’m confident you’ll think of something.” Skipper replied.

Nick looks out into the plains, when he suddenly sees a strange white deer creature in the distance. It stands on a hill, as its antlers magically shine.

“What the...is being out here too long making me see things?” JNick wondered, rubbing his eyes. 

The deer looks behind Nick, as he hears a sound. Nick quickly turns around, as a soldier fires their laser gun at him, startling him, Audrey and Jake. Nick avoids the laser blast, and he falls over a metal crate. Nick looks out into the plains, noticing the deer creature is gone. As the soldier keeps firing laser blasts at them, Nick and Jake deflect them with their swords. Audrey sends a wind gust at the soldier, knocking them back, but they immediately get up and keep firing. Brak, Edward, Colress, Mitch and the two Elite Soldiers keep walking, when they see the event transpiring.

“Knights and a guardian, here!?” Mitch said, surprised.

“Jake Landers, Nick Carson and Audrey Song!” Colress spoke.

“Capture them!” Brak ordered, as two soldiers run to the fighting area.

“Secure the prototype.” Colress ordered to the Elite Soldiers, as they run off.

“This has an advanced navigation map, not bad.” Skipper said, inspecting the jet’s features.

He then looks out the window, seeing Jake, Audrey and Nick fighting the soldiers, avoiding the laser blasts.

“Well I see you certainly got their attention!” Skipper said on the communicator.

“I’m glad this is working for you!” Jake replied.

Trent and Gordon see this, as they get up.

“Guys, make your way to the south end of the runway! We’ll fight our way down there to get to you.” Trent spoke on the communicator.

“No, take the information you have and report back to Pyrite Town with it. We’ll find our own way back.” Jake replied.

Jake runs around, evading laser blasts, as Audrey knocks another soldier down with a gust blast. Nick sends a doughnut spell at a soldier’s gun, confusing them, as doughnuts drop everywhere.

“The data upload is finished, friends. Hello?” Skipper reported on his communicator, waiting for a response, and he then sees the two Elite Soldiers running to the Destroyer. “Okay, perhaps this idea was not perfect, but luckily I can improvise...”

Audrey turns invisible, evading more laser blasts. She then sends a tornado gust at a soldier, sending them flying away. Jake deflects more laser blasts back at soldiers, with both his sword and stone’s shield power. Nick uses his stone to jump up high, avoiding soldiers, as he goes flying. He then lands onto the metal crates, as he goes rolling across them. He falls onto the ground, as he sees Colress, Mitch, Brak and Edward nearby.

“...Hey.” Nick greeted to them.

“Fascinating.” Corless replied.

Skipper gets into the pilot seat of the Destroyer, as he turns on its system. It then begins to take off, as the Elite Soldiers see this. It flies pat Colress, Edward, Brak and Mitch, who also see this. Nick keeps avoiding laser blasts, and jumps across more metal crates. He takes cover behind a set and contacts Skipper.

“Alright Skipper, I’m glad you got it working, now’s your chance to get out of here!” Nick said.

“Just stay down and stow, this is going to be quite the show.” Skipper replied.

The Destroyer moves closer to where Nick is, as it opens fire, launching many laser blasts at the soldiers around him, and sending many crates knocking everywhere. He also sends blasts at the old planes and helicopters around, as smoke rises from the destruction. Jake and Audrey see this from the other part of the airfield, still dealing with other soldiers and the floating robot. Jake then slashes his sword at a soldier, as Audrey sends a gust blast at another soldier.

“Looks like Skipper came through.” Jake said, and he slashes the robot.

Back at Nick, he stands there, looking at the Destroyer.

“I’d say this is extremely crazy, but thanks, dude!” Nick replied.

“Well don’t just stand there, jump! You wanted an adventure with me? Now’s your chance!” Skipper replied.

Nick jumps on a crate, and uses his stone’s power to jump up high. He lands on the Destroyer’s wing, as Skipper opens a hatch. He gets inside the control room, getting in the passenger seat next to him.

“For an evil jet fighter, it’s not that bad in here.” Nick said, admiring the scenery inside.

The Destroyer fires at more old planes and helicopters, blowing them up, as several soldiers flee in panic. 

“You guys want a ride?” Skipper asked to Jake and Audrey.

“Nah, we can make it back to Pyrite Town on our own. We can regroup there. Have fun!” Jake replied, as him and Audrey runaway from the airfield.

The Destroyer flies by, launching more laser blasts at equipment around. It goes flying upward high into the air, as Colress looks at this.

“Woohoo, life is as extreme as you want it to be!” Nick said, looking out the window, as the Destroyer flies back around to the airfield, coming in close.

Colress then stands in the runway path, and looks at the Destroyer flying towards him. Many laser blasts fire around him. He pulls out a handgun from his pocket, and fires at it, as the Destroyer gets closer to him. One of his blasts hit the Destroyer window, causing an electricity spark, but it keeps shooting lasers at everything around him. 

“Sir, take cover!” Mitch yelled to Colress, as the Destroyer flies past them, and they look at it.

The Destroyer destroys the ship Colress, Brak and Edward had used to get there. It then flies away, going right past the communications tower, as several soldiers see this from inside. Tons of smoke rises from the airfield, and many soldiers are hurt.

“Oww, my leg...” a soldier groaned on the ground.

“Was this part of the demonstration?” Colress asked Mitch, looking around at the destruction from the hijacked Destroyer.

“Uh...in a twisted sort of way, maybe.” Mitch replied.

“Funny, but not the time for jokes. They won’t get far due to the fighter’s kill switch.” Brak said.

“I will activate it.” Edward said.

“Not yet. This is a perfect opportunity for a combat twist. Terris, send your pilots to intercept.” Colress ordered.

“Yes sir.” Mitch saluted, as he walks off.

Three pilots get out of the tower, as they get into the remaining old fighter planes that were not destroyed. Trent, Gordon, Jake and Audrey observe the destruction.

“Told you it would get interesting.” Trent said.

“We need to get backs to town.” Gordon replied, as the four head off.

Meanwhile, in the Nature Wilds, the remaining heroes continue to hunt through the jungles. Beast is seen with his crew traveling through a hidden lush area, where a dojo awaits them ahead.

“They are near. Batty and Spikeupine, I want you two to bide us time and keep them busy.” Beast ordered.

“As you command, great master!” Batty replied, as the two salute.

They then run off through the jungles, looking for the heroes. The heroes arrive at a clearing, where a large waterfall is.

“That’s some nice looking water.” Tori said.

“As much as I like this scenery, I feel like we’re on a chase for nothing at this point.” Madison said, looking around annoyed.

“Yeah, we haven’t really made any progress. I hope he didn’t already leave...” Elana said.

“No, I get the feeling they’re still here. But what exactly they want here is a mystery.” Cameron said.

“This guy in general is a mystery, we still don’t even know his real goals or real name, because I really hope “The Beast” isn’t the actual name he chose.” Cynthia said.

“Yoohoo, up here, fools!” Spikeupine yelled from above, startling them.

They look up, seeing Batty and Spikeupine at the top of the waterfall. 

“About time you showed your faces, you oafs!” Flinn yelled.

Batty flies down, and Spikeupine jumps off the cliff. Spikeupine lands on the ground, but breaks his left leg, and he falls in pain.

“OUCH, AAAH, IT HURTS SO BAD! HELP!” Spikeupine yelled, rubbing his leg.

“You idiot! Why did I have to get paired with him!?” Batty said angrily, facepalming. 

“I don’t think he thought that through.” Tori replied.

“I don’t know whether to laugh or feel bad.” Cynthia replied, confused.

Batty then flies at the heroes, attacking. Zero strikes his sword, letting out an electric pulse at Batty, who avoids it. Cynthia hurls a boulder at Batty, but she is able to fly out of the way again. Madison sends several lightning blasts, but Batty avoids all of them. Tori makes water from the waterfall stream blast up at Batty, but she is able to avoid those too. Flinn sends golden slashes at her, but Batty avoids those too. Elana and Meritel both send light blasts, as Batty flies up, making the light blasts collide into each other.

“How is one bat so fast!?” Cynthia asked, hurling more rocks at him.

“We have to wait for the right moment to strike. Patience.” Cameron said, carefully holding his sword.

“Ugh...maybe I can still function with one leg...” Spikeupine said, trying to get up.

Spikeupine fumbles around, and he shoots spikes at the heroes from behind. Cameron reflects them with his knight stone.

“I hope wherever the others are, they’re having much more fun than us!” Madison said, shooting a lightning blast at Spikeupine, knocking him back.

In the Pyrite plains, the two soldiers from earlier are still chasing the nematodes.

“Hurry, they’re getting away!” one of the soldiers said, nearly out of breath, as the nematodes get away from them.

“I’m done with this...” the other soldier said, tired as well.

The Destroyer is heard in the distance, as it gets closer to them.

“Hey...do you hear something?” the first soldier asked.

“Yeah, what is that?” the other soldier asked.

The Destroyer then flies by the two, as the gust knocks both of them to the ground.

“That was pretty wizard, wasn’t it?” Skipper asked Nick.

“It sure was, even though I don’t think anybody says wizard as an adjective anymore, or ever has.” Nick replied curiously.

“Well I am. Plus, we’re both wizards, so we can say it. Anyways, this fighter has all sorts of intriguing features, such as the upgraded navigation system.” Skipper said, looking at the controls.

“I never knew you were so skilled at flying.” Nick complimented.

“I know, and I have never even flown one of these things before.” Skipper replied, laughing.

“Hey, can I fly for a bit? I wanna sharpen my flying skills too.” Nick offered.

“Go ahead, just please don’t have us wind up dead.” Skipper replied somewhat concerned, as they trade seats.

Nick takes control, as he flies the Destroyer through the Pyrite plains. It falls down a bit, but he gets the hang of it, making it fly up farther.

“Hey, this isn’t too bad. It’s kind of like using my magic spells, but with controls, in a really vague comparable way. Now that I think about it, that might not have been the best comparison, but I guess flying this is pretty wizard, even if it’s evil.” Nick replied.

“Glad to see I’m bringing wizard back. Just keep your eyes on the path ahead.” Skipper replied.

Suddenly, they see the three fighters approaching the Destroyer from behind. 

“Look out, enemy fighters!” Skipper said.

They begin firing lasers, rocking the fighter.

“Something tells me they don’t want an autograph!” Nick said, as he flies the Destroyer forward.

The Destroyer flies upward, blasting through the sky. It dives back down, as Nick fires at a fighter, making it explode. The pilot is seen floating down in a parachute, waving at them angrily.

“Keep it steady!” Skipper said, as the fighter shakes.

“Sorry, I’m trying to kind of not get shot down!” Nick replied, as he keeps it flying forward.

As the two fighters get closer and cliffs approach them, Nick hits the brake, making the Destroyer fall back, as the fighters fly forward. Nick makes it carefully fly through the cliffs, and fires at one of the remaining fighters, destroying it.

Back at the other group, they continue to fight off Batty and Spikeupine. Flinn sends gold slashes at Spikeupine, as they vaporize his spike blasts. Tori twirls water around from the waterfall, and blasts it at Spikeupine, knocking him against the rocky wall. The spikes on his back stick into the wall, making him stuck. Flinn then flashes his knight scanner, as it marks Spikeupine as “Guilty”.

“No, please, I have a broken leg! Cut me some slack!” Spikeupine begged.

Tori sends a water blast at the containment unit, as it is fired at Spikeupine, trapping him.

“That’s one down, now let’s get that bat!” Madison said, firing an electricity ball at Batty, who avoids it.

The heroes ready themselves, as they carefully await for Batty’s moves. Elana sends a light blast right at her, but she dives out of the way, going lower. Cynthia smiles. She then quickly rises up a grassy wall, as Batty smashes right into it. Batty flies off of it, dazed by the impact, as Madison strikes her down with an electricity blast. Zero flashes his scanner, as it marks Batty “Guilty”. Elana then sends a light blast on the containment unit, imprisoning Batty.

“Hey, that’s the first time I’ve ever helped imprison one of them.” Elana realized.

“Aye, we don’t use these that often anymore, but we’ll gladly use ‘em on your remaining buddies.” Flinn said to Batty, who hisses. Zero and Cameron grab the two prisoners, moving them along.

“Fools, you’ll never stop Beast! We’ve bought him enough time!” Batty replied, laughing.

“That means you two were just distractions. Shows how much Beast cares for you.” Cameron said to them.

“O-of course he cares for us, right!?” Spikeupine replied nervously, looking at Batty.

“I take it neither of you will tell us where he is.” Meritel said.

“We’ll never tell!” Batty replied angrily.

“Oh well, into Mt. Spire you go. And to think these two were some of the most dangerous prisoner beasts.” Cynthia replied.

“We’ll put them back behind bars where they belong.” Cameron said, as Madison opens a portal to Central Karmania for him and Zero.

“I guess we can rest here, and wait until the others are done the mission. It’d probably be better if we had Skipper here to help trace Beast’s dark essence.” Madison said, as the heroes understand.

In the communications tower, Colress, Mitch, Brak, Edward and the Elite Soldiers see an advanced map. It shows the Destroyer’s path, and how the other two fighters were destroyed.

“I wonder who is in this stolen fighter.” Colress pondered.

“They destroyed two of the interceptors, it must be Commander Ranen.” Mitch suggested.

“Oh, I think not. If Commander Ranen were piloting, our fighters would not have survived this long." Colress replied.

Nick fires the missiles at the back of the last fighter, making it explode, as it falls onto the sandy ground below.

“We did it! Now let’s get this thing to the Central Karmania Army! I’m sure they’d appreciate having both a physical and digital copy.” Nick said.

“Even though it is magic resistant, it should still teleport since it is not harmful to the fighter.” Skipper replied.

Nick concentrates, as he makes the entire Destroyer teleport away. In the communication tower, they see its signal is gone from the map.

“Where did it go?” Mitch asked.

“It teleported, interesting. That must be the work of Nick Carson. No worries, there is a tracking device on the fighter. It appears they teleported to Karmania, likely to show it to their allies.” Colress reassured.

“They are in Western Karmania.” Brak reported, changing the map to show Karmania, as the fighter’s symbol is shown again.

The Destroyer appears in Western Karmania, flying across the deserts.

“Why didn’t you just teleport us to Central Karmania!?” Skipper asked, looking at the deserts below.

“I didn’t want to make anyone there panic, and we also probably may have been shot down if they saw this thing. Better safe than sorry to teleport it to a close kingdom nobody really inhabits, that way we can forewarn the army, and boy, was that a mouthful.” Nick said.

“...I like the way you think. Overcomplicated plans like that can be helpful, especially if it prevented us from crashing.” Skipper said, impressed, as the Destroyer flies across Western Karmania.

“Doo doo doo, just flying, flying, two wizards in a jet fighter...” Nick sung.

“Hold on, there is a tracker. Let me disable it so they can’t find us.” Skipper realized, looking through the data files.

He opens a hatch under the controls, and sends a dark electricity blast at a device. The tracker is disabled.

“Got it! Wait, oh no...” Skipper realized, looking at the data files again.

“Oh no what? I thought you handled it?” Nick asked.

“Sirs, the tracker has been disabled, and we detect dark magic was used.” a soldier reported in the communications tower.

“Ah, the work of Skipper. Two magic users hijacked our fighter to learn its weaknesses.” Colress noted.

“Land this thing, now!” Skipper said nervously to Nick.

“What’s wrong?” Nick asked.

“This fighter has a kill switch. They can use it to disable the fighter from faraway.” Skipper explained, as Nick flies it lower to the ground.

“If someone of Nick Carson’s modest skill can best three trained pilots, this new fighter will give us an overwhelming advantage against the rebels. Edward, you may proceed.” Colress said.

“Activate the kill switch! Once they have fallen from the sky, locate and secure the crash site.” Edward demanded to the soldiers, as the soldiers press some buttons.

As the Destroyer gets closer to the ground, suddenly, the left wing breaks off.

“Uh oh, I don’t think I can work with one wing!” Nick panicked, as the fighter begins to go out of control.

The right wing then breaks off, as the fighter goes plummeting toward the ground.

“Brace yourself!” Skipper yelled.

The Destroyer hits the sandy ground, going sliding right across it. It smashes against a mountainside, as smoke rises out of it. Skipper and Nick eject themselves, as they land onto the ground. Both are unharmed.

“Alright, so I guess we’re not getting this thing back to the army, but at least we still have the data on the flash drive.” Nick said reassuringly, as Skipper brushes sand off his clothes.

“Let’s teleport to the castle, I don’t want to be in this kingdom for much longer.” Skipper replied, looking around.

“Uh...yeah, there’s a small problem. The teleporting spell has a limit at my experience level, due to how powerful it is. I can only use it to teleport three times in a twenty four hour period, and teleporting here was our third time. Whoops. I didn’t think we’d need to worry about that until we lost the jet. Hey, I can’t be perfect at every spell, since that wouldn’t be fun.” Nick replied awkwardly, as Skipper facepalms. 

“I would be very frustrated, but I suppose we could be in a worse situation. At least we don’t have to run far.” Skipper replied.

"Yeah, it never hurts to see the positives where you can find them." Nick replied, as they walk off.

“Nick, Skipper, where are you guys?” Jake asked on the communicator.

“We took a detour, we’re in Western Karmania. Unfortunately, the fighter crashed, but we still have the information safe and sound. We’re going to deliver it to Ranen.” Nick replied.

“Alright, the other group caught two of Beast’s friends. After we regroup, we’ll meet up with you at the castle.” Jake replied.

Out of a portal, a few Neo Federation ships fly out of it. They fly around the desert, shining spotlights around for Nick and Skipper. Two of them see the crashed Destroyer, shining the lights it.

“We found the crash site, but no sign of the rebels. They won’t get away.” Edward reported to Colress, looking at the crash from below.

“Good. Secure the site. Ground units are on the way.” Colress replied.

“Uh oh...” Nick said, seeing the hovering ships around in the sky.

“This plan just gets better and better.” Skipper said sarcastically.

“We’re almost there, let’s keep moving.” Nick replied, as a ship’s spotlight gets closer to them, and they run away.

The pilot of the ship looks around, as Nick and Skipper are carefully hidden behind an ancient pillar. As the ship goes away, Nick then looks out into the desert plains. He sees the same mysterious white deer he saw earlier.

“Hey, earth to Nick! What is it?” Skipper asked.

“I thought I saw a strange beast. It had these shining antlers.” Nick said curiously.

“Those must be Karmanian Deer, but...they haven’t been seen in one hundred years. They are only known by cave paintings and folklore...” Skipper said surprised.

“Well for whatever reason, I keep seeing one today...” Nick said curiously, and then sees the deer behind Skipper.

Skipper turns around, startled to see it.

“Hello there.” Skipper greeted.

“...Sleep.” the deer spoke, breathing a mist on Skipper, as he falls to the ground out cold.

“I don’t believe it. I thought you were just a figment of my imagination earlier.” Nick said curiously.

The deer turns around and growls angrily at the Federation ships in the distance.

“Glad you don’t like them either. They’re looking for us.” Nick explained.

The deer then reaches its head forward, as it grabs Skipper with its mouth. The deer hands Skipper to Nick, as the deer lowers itself, wanting them to ride its back.

“Are you sure it’s okay, deer dude?” Nick asked, as the deer nods.

Nick places Skipper on the deer’s back, and he also hops on. The deer then takes off, running through the desert, while avoiding spotlights from the ships.

“Gotta say, riding on a magical deer is one thing I never thought I’d do in life, but I am glad I did.” Nick said, hanging on.

The deer keeps running along, as it approaches the rubble of the Battlestar base.

“Thank you!” Nick said to the deer, as it nods its head again, and heads into Central Karmania.

It reaches the back of the castle, and it stops. Nick takes Skipper off the back, gently placing him on the ground.

“I don’t really understand, why did you help us, not that I’m complaining?” Nick asked the deer.

“...Doom.” the deer said ominously, as Nick isn’t sure how to respond

“Nick! Skipper!” Audrey yelled from the distance, as all of the heroes approach them.

“Glad you comrades are safe.” Van Gordon said.

“How did you get here so fast?” Trent asked.

“You can thank the...deer?” Nick asked, as he turns around, but the deer is gone.

The heroes are confused by this, as Skipper then wakes up.

“I don’t remember seeing anything, I just heard you say deer.” Skipper replied, as he takes out the flash drive.

“Is that the...” Ranen was saying, seeing Skipper’s flash drive.

“Yup, that’s the fighter’s data, all recorded on there for your viewing pleasure, well I wouldn’t say pleasure considering what this is info for, but yeah. It was all Skipper’s idea.” Nick said, patting him on the back.

“Thank you. We can figure out how to exploit the information inside to our advantage. Job well done you two.” Ranen replied.

“I will further decode this.” Zero said, as he takes the flash drive.

“Now that we’re regrouped, let’s finally figure out where the heck Beast went in the Nature Wilds once and for all.” Elana said, as the heroes walk away.

“I will get back to Pyrite and see what else they are up to. Good lucks.” Van Gordon said, teleporting back with the amulet Orion gave him.

“Cameron, I swear, there was a deer, but I don’t know if there was something more to it. I figured I’d consult you since you’re the wise one.” Nick said to him.

“I believe you. All of the paths are coming together now.” Cameron replied.

“What does that mean? Sounds like one of my weird pieces of wisdom.” Nick asked.

“I don’t know. We’ll find out when we get there.” Cameron replied, as Skipper approaches Nick.

“Nick, even though things did not go exactly as planned, and I was a bit worried near the end, you did well out there. I’m impressed with your magic skills. Perhaps there are some spells I could teach you.” Skipper offered to him, as they walk off.

The Karmanian Deer stares at the heroes from the distance, mysteriously looking at them.

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: Karmanian Deer, Mitch Terris 

-Spikeupine and Batty get recaptured. 

-First time Elana has ever helped capture a prisoner beast.

-At Nick’s current wizard experience level, the teleporting spell can only be used three times in a twenty four hour time period.

• Like 3

Another great episode. I really liked the team work between Skipper/Nick - they're becoming such a dynamic duo. Also looking forward to more on this Karmanian Deer, and more adventures within the Nature Wilds.

• Like 3

Decent episode I especially loved the duo of Nick/Skipper once again, and seeing them hijacked the Destroyer was badass. While the rest of the heroes beats the two beasts has caotured thanks to Elana. now the question is remains...who/what is this mysterious deer? guess we'll find out soon...

• Like 1

85. A Taste of Poison

The heroes are outside Elana’s castle, on the same night as the previous chapter.

“I have enjoyed our travels thus far, but Elana and I need to stay here briefly to make sure Orion didn’t mess anything up.” Meritel replied.

“That’s fine, you two deserve a break.” Madison replied.

“Kingdom hopping has been my break, at least from queen duties.” Elana replied awkwardly.

“Oops, you can keep hunting with us if you want-” Cynthia was offering.

“Nah, I’m still the queen and I can’t ignore the kingdom forever. Good luck guys.” Elana said.

Madison opens a portal to the Nature Wilds, as they go through it. They arrive at a site where The Guardian is landed.

“How has occasionally guarding Central Karmania been?” Trent asked Flinn.

“Eh, nothing has happened there. My services aren’t needed as much now that the whole army is back, but it’s a pleasure to check on the place as a protector when I can. I do wonder why those Federation goons have yet to strike the place...” Flinn wondered.

“They’re waiting for the right moment. Let’s hope Beast is dealt with before that moment comes.” Cameron replied.

“I detect his presence north. He’s still here for whatever reason, so thankfully we haven’t missed him.” Skipper said.

“...Yet.” Madison added.

“Yeah, let’s get moving.” Cynthia replied, 

“He could be near the waterfall area, due to his henchmen attacking us there.” Zero theorized.

“I guess I’ll be guarding the blimp-” Skipper was saying.

“Actually, we’re taking this thing to Central Karmania for repairs. We’ll be back soon.” a pilot said.

“Looks like I get to go on another adventure with you all.” Skipper replied happily.

“Joy.” Cynthia replied, as The Guardian flies away.

The heroes head off through the Nature Wilds again.

“Any of you guys want some pizza? It could be good hunting food.” Nick asked.

“Sure, I’m kind of hungry, especially since I can’t really get anything from the Golden Seahorse anymore.” Audrey replied.

“As long as it doesn’t attract anybody, like giant insects or any weirdos, sure.” Cynthia replied.

“I think that’s Nick’s plan, to attract people like Beast’s henchmen.” Madison replied.

“Actually, it wasn’t intended to be a plan. I just felt like eating something, but sure, we can go with that.” Nick replied, as they go deep within the jungles.

The white Karmania Deer watches them from behind, and walks away.

A Neo Federation ship flies through Karmania, heading over Cosmosos. Edward, Vexacus, Thorn and Morgana are inside of it. Edward is wearing a helmet and battle armor.

“We’ll get that flight data recorder. For whatever reason, those fools have been jumping from kingdom to kingdom in that stupid blimp. We shall find where they are and ambush them.” Edward explained.

Colress appears on a hologram transmission to the ship.

“I trust your search is going well.” Colress inquired.

“Of course, we’re going to ambush them and obtain the flight data recorder when we find that hideous blimp!” Edward replied.

“The data recorder has likely been given to their rebel allies, who are trying to search for any weaknesses in the jet fighter. It’s irrelevant now. We’ll have to upgrade the fighter to counter any weaknesses they dig up. For now, attempt to capture the guardians, and find out what they’re up to in these distant lands.” Colress ordered.

“Why didn’t you come with us?” Morgana asked Colress.

“I’m currently doing research on the knight stone King Brak obtained. It’s quite fascinating, but I fear his request to force a bond is implausible.” Colress replied.

“Sir, according to the scouter robots we dispatched, the blimp was last seen heading to Nature Wilds.” a soldier reported to Edward, viewing a map.

“Ah, my home. Brings me many memories...” Thorn reminisced. 

“Ugh, that disgusting kingdom. Seems fitting beast trash like you would be born there!” Edward replied, annoying Thorn and Colress.

“I believe you miss the true purpose of her ties to this kingdom. Madame Thorn's heritage here can be useful in tracking where the rebels are, considering she knows her homeland.” Colress explained.

“I’m so glad someone appreciates my talents.” Thorn replied.

“Fine. We’re about to land.” Edward said, seeing the kingdom in the ship’s sights.

“Before you do, I’m putting Vexacus in charge of leading the ground hunt.” Colress said, surprising him.

“Congrats, shark face.” Morgana replied.

“I’m honored, but why?” Vexacus asked curiously.

“You’re a bounty hunter. I’m sure a shark of your talents can find them.” Colress replied.

“I’ve not gotten to lead in a long time. This’ll be no problem. I’ll sniff them out.” Vexacus promised, determined.

“I’ll continue searching from above then.” Edward said.

“I’ve also dispatched...specialized assistance to your aid, Edward. They’re an ally of mine, skilled in treasure hunting. The combined arts of bounty and treasure hunting will be helpful to snuff them out.” Colress explained, hesitating to share more details about his ally.

“I don’t require special assistance, nor do I need these three. All of this extra help seems unnecessary, I can handle it on my own...” Edward replied annoyed.

“Your handling of the fleet at Terralar, and the theft of the jet fighter, would say otherwise. King Brak feels the same way. My agent, “Rook”, will be arriving shortly.” Colress replied, ending the transmission.

Edward looks angry, while Morgana and Thorn snicker.

“Another treasure hunter, eh? Hopefully he’s smarter than the last two I worked with.” Vexacus said, as the ship lands near a swamp.

They get out of it, looking at the kingdom before them.

“I wonder if I can find my old home while we’re here.” Thorn wondered.

“That’s not our mission, girl.” Vexacus replied.

A smaller Neo Federation ship flies toward the area, landing. It opens up, as Edward approaches it. Out of the smoke, a strange fish walks out, who is wearing emerald armor similar to Gordon and Doyle’s. They carry a staff on their back. 

“I assume you’re Colress’s friend, Rook?” Edward asked.

Rook smells around the area.

“I smell it...” Rook realized, speaking in an Icelandic accent.

“Smell what?” Edward asked.

“...Pizza. And I detect multiple.” Rook analyzed.

“I smell it too, and fish in the distance...yes, they’re near...” Vexacus said, sniffing around.

Rook runs off, hunting the scent, and Vexacus follows.

“Hey, wait for us!” Morgana yelled, as her and Thorn follow.

Edward watches them head off.

“They all think I’m weak...I’m not weak! I’ll show them!” Edward said angrily, as he heads back inside the ship.

Beast and his army head down a long stone bridge toward the mysterious dojo.

“We've lost Batty and Spikeupine. How unfortunate, but their sacrifices allow us to move onward in the wheel. Stonicus, Stormfront, and Angleron. I want you three to avenge them and keep the guardians busy.” Beast ordered.

“Yes sir!” Stonicus saluted, as the three turn around, and head off.

“Excellent. The pawns are in position.” Beast said.

“Why are you wasting our soldiers?” Whiger asked.

“Their purposes have been served, for it is their destinies. No worries, we'll have new allies to replace our fallen comrades.” Beast said, as him, Gelatos, Magmox, and the Phantom Beast Generals keep moving onward.

Stonicus, Stormfront and Angleron hunt through the jungles. They start to smell the scent of the gang’s pizza slices.

“Do you guys smell that?” Angleron asked, sniffing.

“Yes, it smells good.” Stonicus replied.

“Perhaps that scent will lead us to the pesky guardians.” Stormfront replied, as the three follow the scent through the jungles.

The heroes are up above the waterfall area, continuing to eat their pizzas. Suddenly, Stonicus, Stormfront and Angleron jump out of the trees, ambushing them.

“Ah ha, so that delicious scent led us right to our prey, perfect!” Angleron said, laughing.

“Well what do you know, Nick’s pizza did attract some idiots.” Cynthia said, finishing hers, and gets ready to attack.

“Don’t move!” Stonicus yelled to the heroes.

“Oh, I’m moving!” Cameron replied, smiling, readying his sword.

Cameron jumps forward and powers up his sword, slashing it at Stonicus. Stonicus shoots several pointed rocks up from the ground, as the heroes avoid them. Stormfront shoots several lightning blasts, but Skipper shoots dark electricity blasts at him back. Angleron sends water blasts from his mouth, but Madison counters with electricity balls. One goes flying to him, but he absorbs it with his lightbulb. Flinn and Trent both send attacks at Angleron, knocking him around. Tori sends water blasts at Stonicus, blasting him back. He smashes the ground with his fists, causing a quake, as Cameron, Cynthia and Tori avoid it. Cynthia grabs him with tree branches, holding him in place. Cameron strikes at him again, sending him falling over. He flashes his knight scanner, marking him “Guilty”. Cynthia sends a rock blast at the containment unit, imprisoning Stonicus. 

“Curses, foiled again!” Stonicus said sadly.

Flinn, Trent, Madison and Nick attack Angleron. He jumps up, shooting more water blasts at them. He makes his lightbulb glow, and shoots out dark electric blasts. Flinn sends golden slashes at Angleron, but he lands to the ground, avoiding them. Trent sends a burn blast from his stone at Angleron’s face.

“Oww!” Angleron yelled, as Trent fires laser arrows at him, making him lose his focus.

Madison concentrates, and drains the electricity from his lightbulb. She absorbs it, and strikes it at him, knocking him to the ground. He gets up, flailing angrily, and shoots a hydro blast. Flinn sends golden slashes through it, hitting him in the face. Nick casts a spell, turning the ground under him into quicksand, as Angleron falls into it.

“When did you learn that spell?” Trent asked.

“Skipper taught me that. Don’t worry, it’s not dark magic, as dark as that may seem, but it got the job done.” Nick said impressed.

“Just please don’t learn any creepy spells from Skipper, I don’t want you to turn into Valina.” Madison replied.

“Don’t worry, I’d never let any magic corrupt me. I can’t practice dark magic anyways, Luna would be furious. Speaking of, Briar and her are still healing, they should be better soon.” Nick noted.

“Aye, Nick laddy, you have a will of iron, no silly magic would ever turn ye, or any of us for that matter.” Flinn said.

Trent flashes his knight scanner at Angleron, marking him as “Guilty”. Madison sends an electric shock at the containment unit, imprisoning Angleron. Nick makes the quicksand disappear.

Jake, Audrey, Skipper and Zero attack Stormfront. He shoots multiple hail, wind, lightning and rain blasts at them. Jake uses his shield to block hail blasts at him, as Zero avoids rain blasts. Audrey sends a gust tornado at him, but it does little damage to him, as he blows it away.

“You think your pathetic gust can match my power!?” Stormfront asked, sending several strong winds at the four.

Skipper throws a pineapple at him, which explodes in his face. It releases a pink mist, blinding Stormfront.

“Nice, your weird food magic can really come in handy, well, when it’s not used against us.” Jake complimented to Skipper.

“I can’t see!” Stormfront panicked, trying to look through the mist.

Skipper and Zero both send electric shocks at him Jake’s eyes and stone glow purple, as Beast’s essence takes over. He smiles, and jumps up. He strikes his sword down at Stormfront, and grabs his face, punching him. He sends several purple blasts from his hands, which the heroes are unable to see due to the mist. The mist clears, as Stormfront falls to the ground beaten. Jake flashes his scanner at him, which marks him “Guilty”. Audrey sends a gust blast at the containment unit, imprisoning Stormfront. The beasts squirm around, as the heroes pick them off the ground. Beast’s essence fades away, but Skipper looks at Jake unsurely.

“Hmm, something feels off about how the red knight defeated that storm cloud, or maybe he is stronger than I thought...” Skipper pondered to himself.

“Wow Jake, you were so strong back there.” Audrey complimented, staring at him.

“Thanks, it was nothing-” Jake was saying.

Audrey kisses Jake on the lips, as the guys see this. Cynthia gets the attention of Madison and Tori, who see this.

“You two are dating?” Trent asked, surprised.

“Yeah, Cynthia and Tori knew before you. We’ve been wanting to tell everyone, we just couldn’t find the right time.” Jake replied, as both him and Audrey blush.

“Well I’m happy for the both of you.” Madison said, smiling.

“Congratulations. You two have really grown up since we first met.” Cameron said smiling, impressed.

“Ah, young love. Alas, I never got that chance.” Skipper replied.

“Nice, that currently makes me, Zero, Jake, Trent, Audrey and Madison the only people in this group to be in a relationship.” Nick noted.

“I’ll be a part of that group someday...maybe.” Cynthia replied.

“I give you me blessings, laddy and lassy. Unfortunately, a busy man like me has no time for a relationship, so hopefully ye use your time together wisely, before it runs out.” Flinn said.

“Well this got dark fast.” Tori replied.

“Alright, that’s enough romance talk for now, let’s put them away.” Madison said.

“It’s not fair, we were destined for so much more!” Stormfront said, crying, making rain fall from him.

“Yeah, yeah, you got your last line in before we send you away to likely never see you again.” Cynthia replied.

Madison opens a portal, as the heroes push the imprisoned Stonicus, Angleron, and Stormfront through, and it closes.

“I have contacted soldiers to pick them up, that way we can continue the hunt without any distractions.” Zero said, as they move forward.

“Wow, I can see Beast did a good job training them.” Tori said sarcastically.

“Something tells me he’s been using them as bait to distract us while he achieves his real goal in this place. He never truly cared for them in the first place.” Cameron said.

“So they’re just fodder? That’s pretty cold.” Cynthia replied, as the heroes keep moving north, closer to the clearing.

“You know, I work pretty well with you all. Perhaps someday I could be the next knight in your team...” Skipper suggested.

“Don’t push your luck.” Tori replied.

Vexacus, Rook, Morgana and Thorn wander through a swamp, still hunting for the heroes.

“Hi there.” Morgana greeted to Rook, who doesn’t reply, and walks onward through the swampy water. “Man of few words, I see.”

“The scent is gone. But I know they're near...” Rook said, looking around.

“No worries, I still smell them.” Vexacus replied.

As Rook moves onward without them, Vexacus takes a closer look at an odd, small symbol on the back of Rook’s armor. The symbol is a sword through the ocean.

“Wait, I recognize that symbol...” Vexacus said silently to the two, having an epiphany. 

“What are you talking about?” Morgana asked.

“That Rook fellow...he is a part of the International Police, an undercover oceanwide organization. I had an unpleasant run-in with them once.” Vexacus explained.

“What does that mean?” Thorn asked.

“It means Colress and his friend here likely have ties to the International Police. Perhaps we should keep a closer eye on them...” Vexacus suggested, feeling suspicious.

“A spy? To think I trusted Colress. Oh well. I guess he’ll have to go with Ed when we take over.” Morgana replied.

“Hey now, maybe they’re still on our side. We like don’t know the full story yet.” Thorn replied.

“If the International Police are investigating us, that cannot amount to anything good. It appears Broodwing’s suspicions were right about Colress. Be cautious around them.” Vexacus warned.

“You know, even if he was right, I really don’t miss Broodwing.” Morgana replied, as they move onward, catching up with Rook.

Beast enters a dojo with his crew, passing by several armored guards. There are purple banners hanging from inside, and a pool of poison water is in there. A green cobra creature is sitting on a throne, with scorpion, gecko, and centipede beasts by his side. 

“Who are they?” Magmox asked.

“These are the Four Fingers of Poison. They’re skilled and deadly warriors in the element of Poison. The cobra is Naja, their leader. The other three are Gacko, Scorpia, and Stingapede.” Beast explained.

“King Ramos?” Naja asked.

“No. It’s me.” Beast spoke, surprising the four.

“Him...” Gacko said, as the four are angry at this.

“You live? I thought we made it clear we never wanted to see you again. Maybe transferring yourself into that moron’s body made you lose some brain cells." Naja said coldly.

“I don’t think he likes you.” Gelatos whispered.

“An unfortunate, but expected greeting. I’m aware we do not have the best past, but I want to make amends. Naja! I want your group on my side again. We’re making an army to free all Karmanian Beasts from their oppression. I promise we’re fighting for all of you.” Beast spoke.

“Liar! You will just use us again for your own selfish needs!” Scorpia snapped.

“I’m disappointed in you, Phantom Beasts. I thought you had higher morals than to ally with a piece of scum like him.” Naja said to Snapper, Whiger, and Nightkrow.

“Watch your tongue, he has much power that will benefit us all!” Nightkrow said.

“Power that he will only give to himself. He’s deceiving you. He doesn’t care about the beasts. We learned that the hard way when we last allied with him.” Stingapede said.

“...Is this true, boss?” Magmox asked.

“No. I think that poison has gotten to their heads. They're spewing rude nonsense. A shame, I would’ve loved their support.” Beast said, sighing.

“The three of us worked with Beast, and he never deceived us!” Snapper insisted.

Whiger feels unsure by this, but doesn’t say anything.

“You didn’t work with him long enough. Guards, eliminate them.” Naja ordered.

The four guards attack Beast’s crew at once. The first guard uses nunchucks, which have poison spikes on them. The second guard uses an axe, the third guard has a spear, and the last guard has throwing stars. Gelatos shoots gelatin at the first guard, who strikes his nunchucks at him, but it does no damage to him. Magmox sends fire blasts at the second guard’s armor, melting it. The guard swings their ax at him, and does poison jabs at his sides, hurting him. Whiger avoids the last guard’s throwing stars, and slashes his claws at him. Snapper takes down the second guard, and Nightkrow takes down the third guard. Beast shoots a green blast at the first guard, sending them smashing through a wooden wall. 

“As much as I dislike you, I’m impressed. But it’s not enough. I want you all out of here. I refuse to take part in your scheme again.” Naja demanded, as the four are ready to attack.

“We’ll leave if you tell me where the royal jewel is for this kingdom.” Beast demanded.

“I don’t have it if that’s what you’re insisting. You need a Poison elemental to get it.” Naja replied.

“Indeed, you’re catching on. Too bad I know no other Poison elementals. I insist, join forces with us. We have enough spots open, since unfortunately some of our comrades have fallen. Your warriors would be useful to our army. I admire your skill, despite our rocky past.” Beast offered.

“Ha, empty words. I refuse to work with you. You’re a false prophet using the beasts for your own selfish reasons. You don’t truly care about them. You’re a fraud. You’re a nobody who cheats death because you are nothing.” Naja said coldly.

Before they can strike, Beast releases electricity blasts from his blue gemstone at all four, making them fall to the ground in pain. He keeps letting the electricity flow, continuing to hurt them.

“That’s enough, sir.” Whiger said.

“I agree.” Beast said, releasing the electric blasts, as smoke comes off of them.

“Ugh...fine, you can take one of my guards to get your jewel.” Naja said.

“That’ll do for now, but I still want your assistance. If you do not join me, I’ll up the dosage of electricity, and burn down your sacred dojo.” Beast threatened.

“...Fine. We’ll join you, but if you trick us, you’ll die.” Naja threatened, getting up.

“You can’t!” Scorpia said.

“Don’t worry.” Naja replied, as the four approach him.

Thank you. Was that difficult? Together, with our combined forces, we can bring freedom to beasts everywhere. Now then, there are worthy adversaries of mine coming this way, trespassing on your territory. Hold them off while I do what I must, and I promise you’ll be rewarded.” Beast explained.

“Who is arriving?” Stingapede asked.

“The knights and guardians of Karmania.” Beast replied.

“We have no problem with them, for now.” Naja replied.

“That may be, but we have a deal, remember?” Beast replied.

“Fine, we’ll test their skills. You can find the kingdom jewel east of here, at the core tree.” Naja replied, as they walk out of the dojo.

Beast heads with Gelatos, Magmox, Snapper, Whiger, Nightkrow, and the poison guard toward where the jewel is. The heroes make it to the clearing, wondering where to go.

“Go through that hidden path.” Skipper said, pointing to an obscured path, as the heroes head for it.

Vexacus, Rook, Thorn and Morgana have caught up to them, watching them from some bushes.

“There they are.” Vexacus said.

“Intriguing treasures. They’d make fine additions to my collection.” Rook said, using his binoculars to see the knight stones and Heart of Karmania.

“Are you good in combat?” Vexacus asked.

“Of course. When you give the command, I’ll show my skill.” Rook replied.

“Shall we attack now?” Morgana asked Vexacus.

“Rook may start it off.” Vexacus ordered, as Rook crawls out of the bushes.

Rook stands up, and approaches them, confusing the heroes.

“Who are you?” Audrey asked.

Rook sniffs around, smelling the heroes.

“Um...weird?” Cynthia asked, disgusted, flying away from him.

“Never seen a fish like that before...” Flinn said.

“Should we attack?” Trent whispered to Madison.

“Not yet, we don’t really know who...or what, he is.” Madison replied, as Trent readies his dagger.

“Nice green outfit you got there, dude, reminds me of my armor.” Nick said, as Rook smells him.

“Hello sir, we’re just friendly explorers looking for treasure. Can we be on our way now?” Jake asked.

“...No.” Rook replied.

Rook tries to punch Jake, who ducks just in time. Trent fires laser arrows at Rook, who avoids them. Vexacus, Morgana and Thorn jump out of the bushes, attacking. Thorn and Morgana turn into their beast forms.

“Hello fools!” Vexacus greeted, striking his sword against Nick’s.

“I assume he’s with them!” Cynthia said, hurling rocks at Morgana and Thorn, who barely avoid them.

“I take it back, I think I wear the green better, sorry dude!” Nick said to Rook, as he continues to duel Vexacus.

Rook pulls out the staff from his back, and activates a button, revealing it is an electro-staff. He jumps up, avoiding attacks from the heroes. He lands, as Trent clashes his dagger sword against it, but Rook spins it, and strikes it at Trent’s feet. It makes him fall, as he is about to strike him with the electric staff. Madison sees this, and quickly sends a lightning blast at Rook, sending him against the tree, but he jumps off of it. He lands, and strikes his electro-staff against Jake’s sword. Flinn sends golden slashes at Thorn, who sends poisonous blasts back. Audrey and Tori launch combined ice beams at Morgana, who jumps up, and shoots a web at the two, but they fly out of the way. Rook continuously strikes his staff against Jake’s shield, and he quickly zaps it at Jake’s chest, knocking him to the ground. Audrey sees this, and sends a tornado gust at Rook, making him go flying, but he hangs on a tree branch. Zero helps Jake up, as they attack Thorn and Morgana.

“This guy is really acrobatic.” Cynthia said, making the tree branch move, but Rook slashes with his staff.

“Impressive skill, rookie.” Vexacus replied, continuing to duel Nick.

Vexacus teleports away, as Nick misses. Vexacus reappears behind, but Nick strikes a spell blast at him, knocking him back. 

“Nice try, that trick works only so many times!” Nick replied.

Vexacus growls, and charges at him. Skipper sends a coconut at him, but Vexacus slices it in half before it can do anything.

“Maybe I should do this from now on.” Skipper said, sending dark electricity at Vexacus, but he absorbs it with his sword. “Right, forgot about that.”

Vexacus sends the dark electricity back at Skipper and Nick, knocking them away. Cynthia hurls a boulder at Vexacus, and Trent fires laser arrows, knocking him to the ground.

“Ha, and his sword absorbing trick only works so many times too!” Cynthia said.

“Who is this guy?” Cameron asked, striking his sword with Rook.

“I don’t know, but he’s tough...” Jake warned, slicing a web blast from Morgana.

“Jake, we don’t have to be enemies!” Morgana bargained to him, crawling around.

“Yeah, come on cutie! Remember when we worked together?” Thorn asked seductively to him.

“Sorry you two, but I have a girlfriend. I don’t go for crazy.” Jake replied, blocking a poison blast from Thorn with his shield.

“That’s a shame.” Morgana replied, sending a dark ball.

Zero teleports, appearing in front of Jake. He sends an electric strike at the dark ball, causing an explosion. From the smoke, Jake and Zero attack Thorn and Morgana, knocking them down. As Cameron duels Rook, he senses his movements. He slides around, dodging the staff’s attack. He strikes his sword at Rook’s feet, tripping him. Tori sends a whirlpool blast, knocking him against a tree. The four get up, as Vexacus laughs.

“We’re not done yet. Ready for round two? We’re not resting until one of you is captured!” Vexacus said.

“What’s all this then?” Stingapede asked, as the Four Fingers of Poison walk out of the hidden path, seeing the two groups.

“...Thorn?” Scorpia asked, surprised to see her.

“Hi, I know it’s been a long while. These are my, um, friends.” Thorn replied, introducing the Four Fingers to her allies.

“Who are they?” Vexacus asked.

“We’re the Four Fingers of Poison!” Gacko said.

“I’ve heard of them. They’re a group of powerful Poison elementals who live in this kingdom.” Skipper explained.

“They raised me when I was younger.” Thorn explained.

“Thorn, you’re like a daughter to us. I’ll spare you and your friends for now. I cannot promise it’ll be the same way if we meet again.” Naja said to her.

“Thanks, I guess.” Thorn replied.

“Whose side are they on?” Trent asked.

“I do not know if we will be satisfied with that answer.” Zero replied.

“I’m afraid for you guardians and knights, Beast is on his way to the kingdom’s jewel at the core tree. If you want to get there, you must prove your strength against us.” Naja said, as the four get into battle stances.

“Excellent, more help.” Vexacus said, laughing.

“Great, we’re hunting Beast, Beast’s friends are hunting us, and the Neo Federation dorks are hunting us! Does anybody else want to hunt us!?” Cynthia asked annoyed.

“We’re not Beast’s friends, girl. Consider us unfortunate allies.” Gacko replied.

“Well consider it unfortunate we have to fight you.” Tori replied, sending a water blast at Naja, who avoids it.

“Have a taste of poison!” Stingapede yelled, firing acidic blasts from his fangs at the heroes.

The knights deal with Vexacus's team. Madison flies to Naja, sending a lightning blast at him, but he quickly moves out of the way. He jumps up and sends multiple poison jabs at her sides. He punches her, sending her flying against a tree.

“Ow...” Madison said, trying to fly back up.

Stingapede fires multiple poison missiles at Cynthia, who throws rocks at him. Skipper sends dark electricity blasts at Stingapede, making him flinch, but he recovers and shoots a poison blast back. Gacko jumps around from tree to tree, as Audrey tries to send a gust attack. He’s too fast, and strikes her, sending her to the ground. Tori traps Scorpia in a whirlpool blast, but she breaks out of it, and fires a poison blast.

“You guys still got it!” Thorn said happily, as she sends a poison blast at Cameron, who uses his stone shield to reflect it back. “I could still use training...”

After knocking back Vexacus's team, The Four Fingers quickly strike down all six knights, along with Skipper.

“These guys are good...” Audrey said, recovering.

“We don’t have the time for this!” Cynthia said, sending rocks around Stingapede, who breaks through them.

“Yeah, we can’t keep fighting them forever, we have to stop Beast!” Jake said, clashing his sword against Vexacus.

“Aye, it’s a bit too cramped here to fight.” Flinn said, sending gold slashes at Rook, who avoids them.

“I can’t concentrate on fighting right now. You guys get out of here, we’ll go after Beast and find the core tree.” Madison said.

“You’ll know it when you see it, it’s a large tree.” Skipper replied.

Jake throws a smoke bomb, confusing the enemies. The four girls fly through the hidden path. Naja sees this, but does not attack. The knights and Skipper run off through the right path, taking them to a mountain range.

“This way!” Rook yelled, after the knights.

Thorn waves goodbye to the Four Fingers of Poison, giving chase.

“I expected better.” Gacko said.

“They were not focused on us.” Stingapede replied.

“We’re not really working with Beast, right?” Scorpia asked Naja.

“No, we won’t be staying loyal to him. I’ll play the long game, and strike him down when we have the opportunity.” Naja said to them.

Beast reaches the giant core tree, surrounded by a poison lake. The guard waves their hands, and makes a path form between the poison water. Beast walks up to the purple jewel in the tree, and lets out his essence onto it. He casts a spell, making an eyeball creature similar to the one he used in Posidonia appear. It flies off through the kingdom, as he walks back.

“My work here is done.” Beast said, smiling.

Beast waves his hand, teleporting his crew away, as the poison guard runs off. Beast regroups at the clearing with the Four Fingers and Grador. Beast waves his hand again, teleporting all of them out of the kingdom. The girls fly past the dojo.

“Those poison guys are tough, can we even beat them?” Cynthia asked.

“We’ll be ready next time, they were slowing us down.” Madison replied, as they reach the core tree.

“There it is!” Audrey said.

They see the jewel under the poison water, looking normal.

“It looks fine, did they lie to us?” Cynthia asked.

“Or Beast has tricked us...again.” Madison sighed, as they fly away.

“I have some bad news for you all. Beast has left the kingdom. His trace is gone.” Skipper reported on a communicator, as the girls hear this.

“It doesn’t look like his dragon is anywhere either, so we’ve legit lost him.” Audrey said, looking through the sky.

“That just made this adventure a waste of time. Where are you guys?” Cynthia asked.

“In the mountains, we’re trying to get away from them.” Trent replied.

The guys run through the fields, when Nick spots the same white Karmanian Deer.

“Hey, that’s the deer who saved Skipper and I!” Nick said.

“I see it too.” Flinn said.

“It’s real...” Skipper said curiously.

“I think it’s trying to help us. Do you know the way out?” Jake asked to the deer, as it runs off.

“You want to trust a deer? Are you serious?” Skipper asked.

“Seems like the best idea we’ve got!” Cameron replied, as they follow.

“Trust me, when it gets weird like this, it’s good.” Trent replied.

“How have you people stayed alive this long!?” Skipper asked.

“You know, sometimes I wonder that myself.” Nick replied.

Vexacus and his team stop at the mountain range, looking around. Suddenly, Edward’s ship comes crashing through several trees, landing. Edward gets out of the ship, looking annoyed.

“I take it you all failed, wonderful.” Edward said.

“Those poison warriors would have beaten them had they not fled.” Morgana said.

“They went into the mountain range.” Rook reported.

“Then they’ve trapped themselves.” Edward said, smiling.

“They’re not alone. I’ll hunt them down.” Rook said, smelling the area.

“You had your chance. We’re going to finish them my way. Commence orbital bombardment!” Edward demanded to the pilots in his ship.

“You can’t do that, you could harm a lot of the creatures here, or even my friends!” Thorn protested.

“Too bad.” Edward replied, getting back into the ship with them, as Thorn looks annoyed. 

The deer takes the guys into a dark cave. Inside the cave are two other deer, a grey one and a black one. There is a cave painting showing people following the deer.

“Hello there.” Nick greeted.

“Comfy den you got.” Flinn said to the deer.

Edward’s ship flies through the Nature Wilds, dropping many bombs across it, scaring the wildlife. The girls see this in the distance, as the ship bombards the mountain range.

“Beast might be gone, but they aren’t! Get out of there!” Madison said on the communicator.

The guys and deer hear the bombs outside, as the cave begins to rumble.

“They’re going to cave us in!” Trent panicked, as the ceiling cracks.

The three deer get up, looking at the knights.

“I think they want us to follow. Everyone, join hands!” Jake said.

Jake grabs onto the white deer, as they join hands. The deer’s antlers flash rainbow colors, as they walk forward. The guys follow behind, as an inter-dimensional rainbow tunnel appears around them. They keep hearing the bombardments, but they become quieter as they continue to walk through the tunnel. The guys are amazed at the rainbow tunnel around them.

“Whoa, this is cool...” Nick said, as they reach the end of the rainbow tunnel, and a flash of light occurs.

The guys wake up on a coastal beach. They look at the sea and islands in the distance.

“This is the Tropic Isles, right?” Jake recalled.

“Yes, but it appears we are on an isolated faraway island.” Zero said, looking at his scanner.

“These deer...they somehow teleported us all the way from the Nature Wilds to the Tropic Isles.” Cameron replied.

“Wow, just like my teleporting power, except without the rainbow tunnel part.” Nick said.

“Aye, that’s some crazy magic.” Flinn replied.

“Not even I could pull off a stunt like this. These deer, they hold mysterious powers.” Skipper said, curious.

The white deer walks onto the sandy shore, and heads to another cave on this island. aid. The guys follow it into the cave, as they arrive in a small strange room. There is a cave painting on the wall. 

“What’s this place?” Trent asked.

“It’s not helping me claustrophobia.” Flinn replied, confused.

“Look around, Jake. What do you see?” Cameron asked.

“This place reminds me of the Mystic Temple in Western Karmania. It looks like this cave painting is telling a story. It shows people coming down from the sky. They might be Karmanian Knights.” Jake said, trying to interpret the painting. One part of the painting shows a drawing resembling the Mystic Temple, with a crack over it.

“There’s a message here for us.” Cameron replied.

“Because we’re knights?” Jake replied.

“...Rhodes.” the deer speaks, surprising Cameron, as the knights look at him.

“What does that mean?” Skipper asked.

“...It’s my last name.” Cameron replied, taking off his helmet and eye mask, showing his blinded eyes.

“How does the deer know?” Jake asked, confused.

Cameron walks forward, placing his hand on the deer’s head.

“It has a deep connection to Karmania’s magic and energy. It’s more focused, as if it has a purpose.” Cameron said, feeling the deer’s head.

“And we’re a part of that purpose?” Jake asked.

“Beast isn't our only problem. I’m getting a feeling that building the new fighter isn’t the worst thing the Federation is doing. There’s something else. There’s something more...sinister. In fact, I think there’s a bigger reason they even came to Karmania over fifty years ago. I don’t think Ramos’ great grandfather found the Ancient Seal by coincidence.” Cameron explained.

“I always wondered why Ramos’ great granddad wanted to conquer this place. Sounds like we got a conspiracy on our hands.” Trent replied.

“...Doom.” the deer spoke again, as it walks into the shadows, disappearing.

“Creepy, he said that last time too. Is that his catchphrase?” Nick wondered.

“Something tells me it’s not gonna be good...” Flinn replied, worried.

“...So, all of the paths are coming together, right?” Jake asked.

“Yeah, I just don’t know if we’ll like where they lead.” Cameron replied.

“Do we ever?” Jake asked.

“No, and yes, sometimes.” Cameron replied, as they walk out of the cave.

“Where are you guys?” Madison asked on the communicator.

“We’re in the Tropic Isles. It’s a long story, but these deer saved us.” Jake replied.

“We’ll be right over, as soon as we find what island you’re on.” Madison replied.

A while later, the girls find them. Madison opens a portal, as they head through it. The three deer watch them from the side.

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: Rook, Naja, Gacko, Scorpia, and Stingapede

-Stormfront, Angleron, and Stonicus get recaptured.

-It is revealed Thorn was born in the Nature Wilds, and that she knew the Four Fingers of Poison.

-Rook is a treasure hunter just like Van Gordon and Doyle. It is unknown if he has met them.

-Morgana and Thorn still have crushes on Jake and reference them teaming up in “Shadow Over Posidonia”.

-

It appears the reason Beast is traveling from kingdom to kingdom is to corrupt every jewel, and unleash winged eyeball creatures that he used in “Shadow Over Posidonia”.

-

Rook and Colress are revealed to have ties to the International Police, possibly hinting to who Colress was talking to at the end of “Cops & Danger”.

-

It is implied the Neo Federation is doing something more sinister behind the scenes, and that there is a hidden reason for why Ramos’ great grandfather wanted to conquer Karmania 50 years ago.

• Like 4

That was amazing!  Let me start by saying that I really liked the four fingers of poison beasts - they made for interesting (and challenging) foes against the team. Also, it was great to see the deer again (and also learning there are more). They seem to be such compelling and powerful creatures. I liked that they helped the team put the pieces together. The puzzle isn't fully complete, but now all roads are linking up. I can tell this season is only gonna get more interesting from here.

• Like 2

Like @TJ said above, it's interesting to learn more about why Beast wanting to conquering from kingdom to kingdom. Something tells me Beats has and other has difference from the past. It's also interesting to learn why Cohtriess hired Rock (hehe for a sec, i i thought i was imgining a Pinkle Pie's cousin myself, but that's an another story :P ). that has  he had his own plans for himself. Finally, we also learned that's somehow connected to Cameron...

All in all, this is very an indeed interesting episode.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, jjsthekid said:

Skipper throws a pineapple at him, which explodes in his face.

Ha, clever joke there, since "pineapple" can also refer to a grenade. I really liked The Four Fingers too, nice that Beast has some subordinates who are not stupid enough to fall for his shenanigans, at least not twice. Also love how the deer are developing, I really want to know why the deer called out to Cameron specifically to reveal the truth about their enemies.

• Like 2

86. Through Fire and Flames

The girls and Skipper are seen in The Guardian.

“Where’s your mom?” Cynthia asked Elana.

“She’s helping look over the kingdom for now. Orion needed help to say the least, but everything’s fine.” Elana replied.

“Since we have no clue where Beast went to, where do we even go next?” Tori asked.

“Well...it’s not related to our hunt, but today’s Flarity’s birthday, who’s the Fire Princess of Flameren. It’s one of the largest and most powerful kingdoms in Karmania. They’re a longtime ally. I forgot until now I was invited to attend her party. You can come with me if you want. Maybe if we’re lucky, we’ll find something Beast related there.” Elana replied.

“I guess I’ve got nothing better to do, sure.” Madison replied.

“How's this princess?” Audrey asked.

“I’ve never met her, but I’ve been warned she is...difficult. Not exactly sure what they mean by that...” Elana replied worryingly. 

“That’s not a good sign.” Cynthia replied, as the blimp hovers over Flameren.

Flameren is a large kingdom, with magma and flames everywhere. There are lava lakes and trees of fire. They see a giant red castle in the center of the kingdom, in front of a volcano.

“Good thing I control water, in case any of them try something funny.” Tori said, looking out the window, spinning a ball of water in her right hand.

“I don’t sense Beast’s presence here, but enjoy the party. I’ll wait up here.” Skipper replied, sitting back on the couch.

The Guardian lands near the castle, as several flame soldiers approach. The girls get out, meeting them.

“Greetings, I’m Queen Elana of Central Karmania. These are the guardians. We were invited to Princess Flarity’s birthday party.” Elana explained.

“Right this way, majesty.” a guard said, escorting them.

“We? We didn’t get any invitations.” Tori noted to Elana.

“Or any presents.” Madison added.

“You got invited now. As guardians, you can get a free pass. As for presents, my gift can be from all of us.” Elana replied.

“I really hope this birthday party is worth the last minute invite.” Cynthia replied, as they enter the castle.

The foyer is beautifully decorated with balloons, torches, and banners everywhere. Many fire people inside are chatting. There are several games set up. The king approaches the girls.

“Ah, Queen Elana. I’m King Renly. My daughter has been...eager to meet you. Are these your friends?” Renly inquired.

“Correct, these are the guardians of Karmania. My apologies, I know they were not invited, but I figured this was a great opportunity for them to meet your daughter.” Elana explained.

“That’s alright. Greetings, guardians. I’ve heard much of your accomplishments, and they sound impressive. Let me give you a very quick tour. Over there is my wife, Queen Selyse.” Renly introduced, as they see Selyse gossiping with several other fire women. 

“Flarity’s fiery spirit comes from my side.” Selyse bragged to people, who laugh.

“Over there is...ugh, our castle jester, Lester the Irritating. I must warn you, try to avoid him if you can. He is the most irritating person in all of Karmania!” Renly said.

“I don’t know how much I believe that, considering Diggy and some of the monsters of the week we’ve faced.” Tori replied.

They look over, seeing Lester in a jester outfit looking miserable.

“Juggle for me, jester!” a kid demanded.

Lester juggles fire balls, looking unenthusiastic. He purposely drops all three of them, as one hits the kid. 

“Boo, you stink!” the kid yelled, walking off.

“Whatever.” Lester said to himself, looking around.

Suddenly, two doors open. Flarity walks out wearing a dress, escorted by two guards. She looks around at her guests.

“Lots of ugly clothes, I’ll totally kick those ones out.” Flarity said to herself.

“There’s my birthday girl!” Selyse seeing Elana with the guardians.

“OH EM GEE! Queen Elana, I’ve heard so much about you. You’re so powerful, slay those losers, queen.” Flarity said eagerly, approaching them.

“Oh boy.” Cynthia said, worrying her and the others.

Meanwhile, the knights are in the Pyrite Town desert with Gordon, Mirta, Charlie and Moe. They hide behind some rocks, looking out into the desert.

“Zero, have you found any weaknesses in the jet fighter’s design?” Ranen asked him on a communicator, as Zero gets away from Mirta, Charlie and Moe so they don’t hear.

“Not currently, commander. I tried to analyze it, but did not find any solid weakness. Right now we’re investigating with Gordon’s allies to find out what is burning away the Pyrite plains.” Zero replied.

“Good luck. We’re working on reconstructing our lost planes, and we’ll add any modifications to combat the fighter.” Ranen replied, ending the communication.

“Hey, that’s a lot of smoke, and I don’t think it’s from a forest fire, considering there’s no trees here...” Nick noted, seeing a giant stream of smoke in the distance.

Zero zooms in with his scanners. In the distance, a giant yellow and grey mechanical crawler vehicle shaped like a boat moves across the desert plains. It’s blowing lots of smoke, as it burns the plains. He shows this to everyone, who look.

“What’s that?” Trent asked.

“I know what that hunk of junk is. The Mining Guild uses ‘em to get raw materials.” Moe said, using binoculars. 

“That must be what burned the algae away...” Mirta realized.

“Why would they do that?” Van Gordon asked.

“The Mining Guild is likely under direct orders from the Federation.” Zero replied.

“But why would the Federation want algae of all things? Are their workers really hungry or something?” Nick wondered.

“That’s what we’re going to find out.” Jake replied, getting up.

“Are you suggesting what I think?” Charlie asked nervously.

“Yes, I’m pretty sure he is. But Jake is right. If that machine is destroying your home, we need to shut it down before it does further damage, especially if it’s gathering material for the Federation.” Cameron explained.

“Yup, let’s hijack that crawler.” Jake replied.

“They has the good point. I’ll join you in the mission of hijacking.” Van Gordon replied.

“Sure thing dude, it’s cool you get to tag along with us for another mission. So we’re pirates now? Pirate Nick could be interesting...” Nick wondered.

“I did further analysis of the crawler equipment. It has a long range transmitter, which would be helpful to us, along with other useful machinery. Even if this is theft, we would be using them for better purposes than the Mining Guild.” Zero explained.

“We’ll stay here and watch your backs. Good luck, partners. Stop that contraption and bring our algae back.” Mirta said encouragingly to them, as her, Charlie and Moe stay behind.

The six go off. Van Gordon flies up in his jet-pack, while the guys run off.

“Why does he get a jet-pack?” Trent asked disappointed, getting closer to the crawler.

Smoke keeps blowing everywhere, as they see the burned plains. The knights power up, protecting themselves from the smoke. Van Gordon flies onto a crawler platform, grabbing onto the steel railings. While the crawler keeps moving, the knights jump onto a hanging ladder. They climb up, getting onto the outside platform with Van Gordon. 

“Tread carefully, they have security robots.” Zero warned to them, looking out from a corner.

They see a big yellow security robot walk around, somewhat similar to the Mall Cop Bot. Zero approaches it carefully, and sends a stun blast, disabling it. It falls, as Jake and Cameron pick it up. They throw it off the crawler, as it falls onto the ground below. 

“Huh, that sucks. The robot kind of looked like that mall security robot we encountered a long while ago. That was a strange night and sight.” Nick recalled.

They hear a sliding door open, as another security robot comes out of it. Van Gordon quickly flies up and fires his laser gun at its head. Trent fires multiple laser arrows at it, damaging its body, and it falls. Nick casts a levitation spell, throwing its remains off the crawler. 

“That was easy.” Trent said, surprised.

“Something tells me stopping this crawler without a problem won’t be.” Cameron replied.

They see a tall ladder leading to the crawler’s control room. Van Gordon flies to the top, while the other five climb up.

“Trent’s right, we should get some jet-packs.” Jake replied, jealous.

“Just climb.” Cameron replied.

They make it to the top, quietly entering the control room. They hear someone humming, and approach the captain’s chair. An eel is in the chair wearing a green and yellow Mining Guild outfit, while listening to headphones. The captain eel keeps humming to the song with their eyes closed. Gordon takes off their right headphone.

“I like song too.” Van Gordon said, as the captain eel’s eyes open.

“Wah, who are-” the captain eel was saying startled. Gordon grabs him, holding him up.

“Hello there.” Jake greeted, as the captain eel keeps squirming, seeing all six.

“Pirate scum!” the captain eel yelled, trying to let go of Gordon’s grip.

“How do we look like pirates?” Trent asked.

“Pirate knights, maybe? That could be cool.” Nick suggested.

The captain eel presses a button on their bracelet, as an alarm goes off. The crawler comes to an abrupt halt. 

“Zero, shut off that alarm!” Cameron ordered, as Zero gets to the controls.

Gordon tries to hold the captain eel, but he flails around. The captain eel punches him and breaks loose. He tries to run, but Jake punches him in the face, as the eel falls to the ground. Zero is able to shut off the alarm, as Gordon grabs the captain eel again. Jake takes the bracelet off the captain eel’s arm, and steps on it.

“Do you have any idea who you’re messing with!?” the captain eel asked, still squirming as Gordon holds him.

“The Mining Guild, we know.” Jake replied.

“Why are you burning these plains?” Nick asked.

“I don’t know, I’m following orders!” the captain eel replied, when suddenly a call comes through the control room communicator.

“Guild Control to Crawler E-86. You’ve activated your distress signal and halted operations. Is there an issue? Do you copy, over?” the person asked.

“Ha, you’re done, thieves!” the captain eel laughed, as this worries the guys.

Back at Flameren, someone observes the castle from the distance, using an ice telescope. Icy is holding it. Roxy approaches her, wearing summer clothes.

“Jeez, this place is hot.” Roxy said, sweating.

“Indeed, I despise this environment, but sadly we have to go here, my apprentice. The most powerful fire elemental is here, and I’m certain this time.” Icy explained, looking at a mysterious amulet.

“Why do you need these elementals?” Roxy asked.

“We need their help to unite all of Karmania. After all, fire and ice in harmony are the perfect combo! Now that you’ve had decent training, this’ll be your first official adventure.” Icy explained.

“Will we have to fight any bad guys? I’m still not sure if I’m ready, especially with no mermaid form.” Roxy asked, worried.

“We could have to fight...unwelcome company, but I’m sure together we can handle it. Even without the ability to unlock your full guardian powers, you have skill.” Icy replied, still looking with her telescope.

Roxy still feels something is bothering her. Icy turns around and notices her expression.

“Is something wrong?” Icy asked.

“...Yes. About two weeks ago, when I was up in the frost mountains, I saw other guardians. They’re girls I know in Posidonia. They hid this from me.” Roxy revealed, as Icy smiles.

“I knew you’d have to hear the sad truth sooner or later. Yes, your friends are the other four guardians. They’ve turned many against me, boo hoo! They aren’t the only ones who lied to you, by the way. Your other close friend Elana, has actually been the Queen of Central Karmania this entire time!” Icy revealed, shocking Roxy.

“I can’t believe it...but that does explain her mysterious long absences and why she moved away. Why didn’t Cynthia or her ever tell me? Do they not trust me? Do they not like me?” Roxy wondered, upset.

“No worries, together we’ll make them see the error of their ways! We’ll get them on our side, I promise. Speaking of, it appears you’ll get a chance for a reunion...” Icy said, seeing The Guardian. Her telescope melts, annoying her. 

“Are we just going to walk in there?” Roxy asked.

“No, there’s a party going on. We’ll need a stunning distraction.” Icy said, casting an ice spell, and holding a red potion bottle.

Inside the castle, as the guests continue to chat, Flarity is with Elana and the guardians.

“So I hear you’re the hotshot of Karmania. You owned both the Shadow Land brothers! You’ve got epic fashion and skill, girl. Your friends on the other hand could use better attire, but they’re not the worst I’ve seen, so they can stay.” Flarity said smugly.

“What did you just say?” Cynthia asked, annoyed, but Elana restrains her.

“Thank you, but I didn’t defeat Viktor and Rickter alone. These girls helped me, along with the knights, who couldn’t attend. We work best altogether.” Elana replied.

“That’s nice and all, but did you girls get me amazing presents? It’s my birthday, so I deserve the absolute best gifts ever to match this best day ever!” Flarity asked greedily. 

“Yes, here’s a gift from all of us.” Elana replied, handing her a red box, as Flarity takes it.

“Why thank you, I’ll open it later! I hope it’s worth it. Now I hope there’s some really hot guys here, I need a boyfriend for my birthday too!” Flarity said, walking off, and begins to flirt with several guys there.

“Man, she’s so obnoxious, selfish and uptight!” Cynthia said.

“Like you?” Tori said.

“Yeah, but I’m not that ignorant! I don’t even criticize people’s clothes that much anymore anyways.” Cynthia replied.

“Try to withstand her for now, we can’t get hostile or it might jeopardize our alliance.” Elana replied.

“EWW, what a horrible outfit! Your face is hideous too! Get away, creep!” Flarity said to a guy, as he runs off crying tears of lava.

“I’m starting to think whatever the guys are doing, it’s better than this.” Madison sighed.

“Pizza’s here for the birthday girl!” a pizza delivery fire person yelled, entering the foyer.

“About time, peasant!” Flarity snapped, grabbing the boxes from him.

“But what about my tip-” the delivery person was asking, as Flarity pushes him out the front doors.

“Everyone, pizza is available!” Flarity announced, putting the boxes on the table.

The guests dig in, as the pizzas are on fire.

“I think we’ll pass.” Madison replied.

“This pizza is okay. Now, I’ll be having my cake soon, but until then, where’s that annoying jester? Oh Lester!” Flarity called.

Everyone looks around for him, but he’s not there.

“I wouldn’t blame him for bailing.” Tori said quietly.

Suddenly, an ice blast hits the foyer doors. It smashes open, as two guards are sent flying through the foyer, surprising the guests. A giant frost gust fills the air, as a tall ice knight walks forward. He has a strange helmet covering his face, and a red aura around him. The guests are surprised.

“Greetings. I’m the Ice Knight, but I prefer the “Nice Knight”. I come in peace. I’m here to offer fun entertainment to the princess’ party.” Ice Knight boldly said, swinging an ice sword.

“I didn’t ask for further entertainment, what's the meaning of this?” Renly asked, suspicious.

“My apologies, I seek to entertain people. I’ll go.” Ice Knight said, about to leave.

“No, you can stay, cool dude! You look so much better than that lame jester! Do you have a girlfriend?” Flarity asked to the knight, as the girls sigh.

“Mr. Nice Knight, no disrespect, but how are you alive right now?” a guest asked, noticing he’s not melting.

“It’s one of my magic tricks. I’m immune to fire!” Ice Knight explained proudly.

“Ooh...” some guests said, amazed by him.

“I’m not sure how to feel about this guy.” Audrey said.

“Yeah, something’s not right. Keep a close eye on him.” Elana said to the girls.

“Could he be Icy’s doing?” Tori wondered.

“How would she get all the way to this kingdom? I don’t doubt it, but I’m not sure if this is her.” Madison said.

“I don’t think every single ice person has to be related to her. Maybe this is just some weirdo, but yeah, keep a close eye on him.” Cynthia said.

“Also, why would Icy come to a fire kingdom?” Audrey wondered.

“Good point.” Elana replied, as the Ice Knight continues to entertain the guests.

Icy and Roxy walk down a hallway. Ice Knight’s entrance allowed them to sneak into the castle. 

“I’m so proud of myself, a knight I whipped up in a few seconds created the perfect distraction! The amulet says we’re close.” Icy said, as the red gem part of her amulet glows.

Roxy looks back, seeing the girls.

“Of course they’d go to a party without me.” Roxy sighed, as she keeps going.

Back at the crawler...

“Guild Control to Crawler E-86. Respond immediately.” the person demanded.

“Yes, respond!” the eel captain said smugly.

“We need to come up with something.” Trent said.

“Jake, this one’s all you.” Cameron said.

“Be my guest.” Zero said, as Jake approaches the communicator.

“Sorry...the crawler has...malfunctioned.” Jake spoke, trying to mimic the eel’s voice.

“Is that what I really sound like!?” the captain eel asked, horrified.

Cameron and Zero sigh.

“Is this operator 408? You sound different.” the person questioned.

“...I’m sick.” Jake replied.

“Pirates, help!” the eel captain yelled, as Gordon covers his mouth.

“Crawler E-86, please repeat.” the person replied.

“Sorry...engine flare. It’s part of the malfunction, we’re fixing it!” Jake replied.

“LIARS, LIARS!” the eel captain yelled, as Gordon knocks him on the head, knocking him out.

“We’re sending a tech crew over to assist. Standby.” the person replied, worrying Jake.

“Uh, negative...control, we can make repairs ourselves! Do you copy...over?” Jake replied, but they ended the communication. “That could’ve gone better.”

“I thought it was pretty good.” Nick said.

“Just make sure the captain stays quiet, and let’s get to work. We don’t have much time.” Cameron said, as Zero gets in the captain’s chair.

“I’ll copy the transmitter’s data so we can build our own. After that, I’ll shut down the vehicle's flame engines. Wait, that's peculiar. Somebody activated the inter-vehicle communicator. There's a signal from the rear section of the crawler.” Zero said.

“Gordon, Nick and I will check it out. Trent and Jake, watch him.” Cameron said, as Gordon drops the eel captain. The three go through a door, as Trent, Jake and Zero stay in the control room.

Icy and Roxy walk further through the castle. They see two guards down a hallway, as Icy’s gem glows toward a door.

“Almost there. We need to distract those guards. Can you do it, apprentice?” Icy asked Roxy.

“I’ll try, if there’s even any animals around.” Roxy said, as she concentrates, holding her hands out.

She makes a pink glow. A fire hawk flying nearby has its eyes glow pink. It then flies in through a window, startling the guards.

“Get outta here, bird!” a guard yelled, as the two chase it.

“Good job!” Icy said to Roxy, as the amulet leads them to Lester’s room. “The fire elemental I seek is here.”

They carefully open the door. Lester is inside mumbling to himself. He has a notebook on a table titled “Ways to overthrow the royal family.”

“Who goes there?” Lester asked, immediately turning around to see the girls.

“Greetings, I’m Icy, a powerful sorceress who seeks your aid, great elemental. I know you’re the strongest fire wielder in this kingdom. A special amulet I made led me to you.” Icy explained, showing it to him.

“This guy is the most powerful one? He’s only a jester.” Roxy replied in disbelief.

“Not any jester, I have many hidden talents. Perhaps the amulet was right to lead you here. But I don’t know if you want me. Nobody appreciates my talents.” Lester said.

“How tragic, but we’ll appreciate them! Join us, and you’ll receive so much power!” Icy offered.

“I guess it’s better than babysitting the brat. Sure, why not, I guess, especially if it allows me to overthrow her parents.” Lester replied, as Icy smiles.

At the crawler, Cameron, Nick and Gordon walk across a bridge, and enter a door. They’re in the rear of the crawler, which has machinery and bridges. Lots of smoke rises up.

“Nothing here but headache...” Van Gordon said.

“That signal had to come from somewhere. Look around up here, Nick and I will check below.” Cameron said.

Cameron and Nick jump down, walking through the smoke. Nick goes to the left while Cameron takes the right. Someone runs by, as Cameron hears this. He goes closer, and a fish wearing a worker outfit peeps their head out.

“Please don’t hurt us...” the fish said.

Slaves? It’s alright. I’m not with the Mining Guild. You’re safe.” Cameron spoke to the slaves.

The slaves come out of hiding, revealing they are the same miner workers the heroes met before. Nick then approaches, seeing this.

“Hey, aren’t you the miners we rescued from The Under?” Nick recalled.

“Indeed we are, thanks for coming to our aid again! These cruel Mining Guild workers kidnapped us!” the octopus said.

“You guys really need to avoid capture better, this is the third time now you’ve been forced to work for someone.” Nick noted.

“When we get out of here, we’re getting faraway from Pyrite Town.” another worker said.

Suddenly, Doyle in a worker outfit comes out of hiding, knocking another worker aside. He throws a wrench, and is surprisingly happy to see the two.

“Finally, my mates have come to rescue my bloomin’ tail!” Doyle said eagerly.

“...Doyle?” Cameron asked, surprised, as Doyle places his hand on his shoulder.

“I told the other mates how I was treasure huntin’ one day in the desert, when these rude galahs captured me. They wouldn’t move their stupid crawler, so we got into a lil’ scuffle. Alas, I got caught, and as punishment, they sent me to this monstrosity! I’ve been stuck here ever since. But I knew you wouldn’t leave me here to rot!” Doyle explained.

“...Right. Right.” Cameron replied awkwardly.

“Funny how when we last met, you didn’t want us to see you at all.”  Nick noted.

“Times change. Heh, I told ‘em the foreman would be no match for you guys.” Doyle replied.

“Foreman?” Cameron asked, confused.

Suddenly, the foreman eel appears, holding an electric whip. Cameron holds his sword, as the foreman swings the whip at his sword. He holds on, and takes it from his hands, tossing it to the ground.

“Let’s hope you’re right!” Cameron said, as the foreman makes the whip wrap around Cameron, shocking him.

Nick casts a bagel spell, but the foreman deflects the spell blast at a worker’s helmet. Before the foreman attacks again, a laser blast is fired at the ground from Gordon above.

“Step aways from friends, knuckle brain eel!” Van Gordon threatened.

“He’s here too? Talk about a reunion.” Doyle replied.

The foreman swings their whip, as it grabs onto the pipes above. They lift themselves up, and charge at Van Gordon. He avoids more laser blasts, and jumps at Gordon. The two begin to tussle. In the control room...

“I’m almost done downloading the data for the transmitter.” Zero said to Jake and Trent.

Suddenly, the eel captain wakes up.

“Get out, or you’ll be crushed into waste!” the captain said angrily.

“Can you keep him quiet?” Zero asked.

“Nothing will shut me up-Hey!” the captain replied, as Jake and Trent grab him.

They throw him into a metal closet, and close it.

“You’ve got a big surprise coming!” the captain said.

“Should we check on the others?” Trent asked.

“I’m sure they’re fine.” Jake replied.

Gordon and the foreman continue tussling. Gordon grabs him, and runs out of the room onto the outside bridge. Gordon punches the foreman, but he grabs him, and tries to throw him over the railing. Gordon tosses him over, as he falls, but hangs onto the railing. However, the foreman hangs onto the railing next to him, as they keep fighting. The foreman swings their whip, as it wraps around Gordon’s left arm. It begins to shock him, as he tries to take the pain. He swings it, as the foreman begins to fall, but hangs on tight to his arm, dangling below. Gordon flies up in his jet-pack, as the foreman loses grip of the whip handle. He yells and falls below. Nick and Cameron come to his aide, taking off the whip. 

“Great work, dude.” Nick said.

“Thanks comrade, it was no problem.” Van Gordon replied.

Doyle and the workers see this from the bridge below, and cheer.

“You see that, those are my...well, I wouldn’t say “friends”, so allies!” Doyle said.

Back in Flameren, the Ice Knight plays a few games with the guests, impressing them with their tricks. Flarity has her birthday cake, blowing out the candles. The girls unenthusiastically sing happy birthday with the guests.

“Princess. I challenge you, as part of my show.” Ice Knight demanded, surprising everyone.

“What kind of challenge? I’ll win anyways, so you don’t need to answer.” Flarity said smugly.

“Sword fight.” Ice Knight replied, confusing the girls.

“Uh...I’m not really a sword fighter, but I can so handle you! Let’s do it!” Flarity replied.

“My daughter is no coward, she has strength!” Selyse said proudly.

Ice Knight hods his ice sword, and Flarity is given a fire sword from one of the guards, which she struggles to hold. Icy sees this from the top right entrance.

“All going to plan. Wait and watch.” Icy said, as Roxy and Lester watch from the corner.

Ice Knight and Flarity begin to sword fight. Flarity struggles to strike him, as Ice Knight nearly knocks the sword out of her hand. Flarity gets annoyed.

“This is my birthday, I have to win!” Flarity said annoyed.

“No, you don't.” Ice Knight said ominously, confusing Flarity.

Ice Knight then knocks the fire sword out of her hand, and pushes Flarity right to the ground. This shocks the guests, as Ice Knight looms over her with his sword. Elana strikes her sword at him, as Flarity sees this. Madison shines the heart, as Icy smiles at this. In addition to transforming the girls, a mystical glow surrounds Roxy.

“Huh?” Roxy was saying.

Roxy also transforms into a guardian, wearing a pink shirt.

“Hey...I did it, I’m a guardian!” Roxy said, looking at her wings and mermaid tail.

“Yes, at long last! Now let’s see your full potential against them.” Icy said, pointing to Elana and the girls, as they continue to fight off the Ice Knight.

“Is this part of the entertainment?” Selyse asked, confused.

“Yes, no worries everyone, your daughter is unharmed! This is all a play!” Ice Knight replied, blocking Elana’s sword with his ice arm.

“Jerk!” Flarity replied, getting up.

“Ooh, a play? Keep up the acting, sweetie!” Renly said, as the girls sigh.

Madison sends electricity blasts at Ice Knight, who blocks it with a shield. Tori sends a water blast, but he walks right through it. Cynthia sends a magma rock right at him, but he slices right through it with his sword, leaving pebbles. Audrey surrounds him in a tornado gust, but he slashes through it. Elana sends a light blast, knocking Ice Knight down, but he gets up unharmed.

“...They’re fighting for me?” Flarity said, surprised.

“That’s enough.” Icy spoke to Ice Knight, who stops attacking, confusing everyone.

Icy walks down the stairs, revealing herself. Ice Knight goes to her side.

“This is intense!” a guest said, still thinking it’s a play.

“You’re really behind this. What’re you doing here?” Elana asked.

“We’re crashing the party, of course. Me and my apprentice.” Icy said ominously.

Lester walks down, siding with Icy as well. 

“The jester is your apprentice?” Tori asked.

“No, I’m an ally. I’m tired of these jerks, so I’m siding with her. I have a new loyalty.” Lester explained.

“A new loyalty?” Flarity asked to Lester.

“Yeah, what are you deaf and stupid, I said a new loyalty!” Lester replied.

“How rude! I always knew you were a traitor, you irritating jester!” Flarity replied.

“Great acting!” Renly complimented, while Selyse seems worried.

“Okay, who's your mysterious apprentice then?” Cynthia asked.

“You know her.” Icy replied.

Roxy flies down in front of them, surprising the five girls.

“...It can’t be.” Elana said, shocked.

“How...” Madison was saying.

“Drama bomb!” another guest said.

At the crawler, Jake walks across the lower bridge, seeing everyone.

“What’s this?” Jake asked.

“Freedom!” Doyle replied, turning around.

“Doyle? I don’t believe it!” Jake replied.

“What? Oh, now I see. You didn’t come here to rescue me! Betrayed!” Doyle yelled, annoyed.

“Yeah, well, we’re here now.” Cameron replied.

“And we’re rescuing you all.” Jake said.

“Everyone, get up here.” Zero said on the communicators.

In the control room, Zero looks out the window.

“We have two targets closing in fast. Those are not Mining Guild vehicles.” Zero said, seeing two helicopters flying through the burned lands.

“It’s the Federation.” Jake realized.

“Mining Guild vessel. Transmit security codes.” a soldier spoke on the comm.

“I have the transmitter data downloaded, but I still need to shut it down. Keep those soldiers busy.” Zero said.

“Can’t we just knock those buggers out and be done with it?” Doyle asked.

“No, if they didn’t return, the Federation would investigate further. I have an idea involving our two former enemies.” Jake said, looking at Doyle, Gordon, and a worker helmet.

Gordon is with the miners outside, pretending to be the foreman, while Doyle sits in the captain’s chair.

“STAY OUT OF MY ROOM!” the captain eel yelled from the closet, banging his hands against it.

“By the moons of Baiame, I hope this works...” Doyle said nervously.

“Repeat. Transmit security code or we’ll open fire.” the soldier said.

“G’day, this is the captain, operator 408. How may I help you?” Doyle asked.

“The Mining Guild reported a security alert for this vessel.” the soldier replied.

“Are you sure he won’t turn us in to save himself?” Trent asked Jake.

“Too late now.” Jake replied.

“We’re having a maintenance issue, and we lost our security codes, but everything’s under control.” Doyle replied.

“KICK ALL THE SCOUNDRELS OUT!” the captain eel yelled, as Doyle looks over.

Jake and Trent enter the closet, as they scare the eel, and leave.

“...Repeat that, captain.” the soldier replied.

“I was yelling at my slaves! They were being insolent!” Doyle replied.

“Prepare to be boarded.” the soldier replied.

“That’s not necessary mates! I’m trying to run an operation here!” Doyle replied, as the helicopters get closer.

The helicopters land, as a few Neo Federation soldiers get out. Gordon is wearing the helmet, pretending to order around the miners.

“That right, keep working!” Gordon acted, as the miners walk off.

“You five, sweep the lower decks.” a soldier ordered.

Him and another soldier enter the control room, as Doyle tries to block them.

“Hey hey hey, step aside, we’re doing an investigation.” the second soldier said.

“Crikey, I told you everything is under control! I’ll have to report this intrusion to the Mining Guild!” Doyle said.

“All we need is that eel to start flapping his mouth.” Jake said, as the knights listen from the other side.

The soldiers look around, as one heads to the closet.

“There’s nothing inside.” Doyle insisted, but they open it.

They look inside to see nothing is inside, surprising Doyle.

“See? Told ya. If you want, I can give a full inspection. It won’t take longer than a few hours!” Doyle offered.

“You may have that time, but we don’t. Get this crawler operational again.” the soldier said.

“Of course mate, it’ll be up and running soon!” Doyle promised, as the soldiers leave the crawler in their helicopters.

The guys enter the control room. Cameron looks in the closet, seeing the captain is gone.

“Excellent, comrade. I sees you still got it.” Gordon said.

“Thanks mate, but we got a new problem. The eel prisoner is gone.” Doyle said.

“He escaped through the vents.” Cameron said, seeing the vent opened.

“We have the transmitter data. Now to shut off the flame engines.” Zero said, hacking into the system.

He presses a button, but the panel sparks, confusing them.

“I told you not to mess with me, pirate scum! You may’ve fooled those Federation fools, but you won’t fool the Mining Guild!” the captain eel spoke on the communicator.

“We’re not pirates!” Trent said.

“He jammed the the controls from a lower deck panel. We have to stop him or the mission is compromised.” Zero said, looking at the crawler map.

“I can’t fit through that vent.” Nick said.

They look at Jake, who sighs. Jake crawls through the vents, and ends up in a lower level with many bridges.

“Jake, to turn the controls back on, find the primary control panel. It’s near a smelter.” Zero said to him.

Jake holds his sword carefully, walking around. He hears the smelter running, as the metal slams up and down, showing the fire inside. He sees the control panel, and reactivates it. The captain eel jumps out of the shadows, as Jake swings his sword. 

“This is my crawler, pirate! I work for the guild, just as he who spawned me, and my spawn will after me!” the captain eel said.

Jake swings his sword, but the eel keeps running around. It attacks him, as they punch each other, and Jake drops his sword near the smelter. He knocks the eel off, as Jake walks against a railing. The eel nearly falls into the smelter, but balances himself, and Jake looks at the sword nearby. The eel’s relieved, and tries to walk. However, he trips on Jake’s sword, sending him falling backwards into the smelter, screaming.

“...Watch out.” Jake said evilly, smiling at the smelter, and picking up his sword.

He regroups with everyone on the platform, as Zero has shut off the flames. 

“I’m glad the plains are saved, algae can finally grow again. Mirta will be happy.” Nick said.

“There’s a new complication. I successfully shut off the flames permanently, but...I don’t know what to do with the crawler. We can’t destroy it or leave it inactive. The guild would send another.” Zero explained, as the guys ponder.

“...I’ll take it. I could use this baby for world treasure huntin’. I’ll keep it operational so they don’t suspect anything.” Doyle offered.

“We appreciate it. At least it’d be put to good use.” Cameron replied.

“Thanks, dude. Gordon and you really have changed since our first meeting.” Nick said, as Doyle looks at the miners.

Y’know, I could also use a crew. You mates can stay with me on this crawler if you want, but not as slaves. Your mining skills would be helpful for treasure diggin’.” Doyle offered to the miners.

“Sure, captain Doyle!” the octopus said, as they cheer.

“Farewell, comrade. I hope someday we meets again.” Gordon said.

“We’ll see, mate. ‘Til then, keep up the good hunt.” Doyle replied, getting into the control room.

The guys are on the ground, as the crawler moves onward again. They wave farewell to Doyle and the miners.

In Flameren, the girls look at Roxy’s guardian form shocked.

“...Roxy’s a guardian?” Audrey asked.

“Please let this be a dream.” Tori said.

“How? I thought there were only four? Did Tom lie to us again? I have so many questions.” Cynthia asked.

“Yes, I’m a guardian too. I control the element of Animal. I know about you and all about this magical stuff. Icy and I are going to save Karmania.” Roxy said.

“Roxy, she’s a liar, don’t trust that psycho! She’s using you!” Madison replied.

“That’s funny, you all lied to me too. I trust her, she actually cares about me. Forgetting Elana, you don’t even interact with me anymore, Cynthia.” Roxy said annoyed.

“I’m sorry, but this magical protector stuff made it hard.” Cynthai replied.

“It was difficult, but we had our reasons to hide stuff from you-” Elana was saying.

“I would’ve understood eventually, even if I would’ve thought you were crazy at first. Besides, I hear tons of people know your secret, but not me. I was always left out of everything from your circle.” Roxy said.

“We never meant to be mean, we didn’t know how to tell a schoolmate like you. We would’ve if we knew how. It might be too late now, but I still consider you a friend.” Elana said.

“I don’t know if you even mean it. Maybe we were never friends. But it’s okay. Just don’t get in our way.” Roxy replied.

“Don’t listen to them, Roxy! Attack and show them the pain you endured!” Icy said.

“We can’t attack her, right?” Audrey asked.

“She’s making it hard not to.” Tori replied.

“That’s a problem, because your “friend” is evil.” Madison replied.

“How about we attack that loon instead?” Cynthia asked, looking at Icy.

“If you’re not with us, then you’re our enemy.” Roxy said.

“Please protect me Roxy from those meanies!” Icy begged, standing by Ice Knight and Lester.

She concentrates, as glowing pink. She unleashes a powerful pink energy, knocking the five back. Her eyes glow, as suddenly, a bunch of fire hawks fly into the foyer from the windows. They send powerful pink energy blasts at the five girls, knocking them to the ground hurt.

“So much power!” Icy said, analyzing it.

“Who thought the element of Animal would be so strong?” Tori asked.

“It makes sense she has it, with how much she likes animals...” Elana realized.

"Let's end this before it gets worse." Madison said, flashing the heart. It de-powers all of the guardians, including Roxy, who looks disappointed.

“That's enough. You've been defeated by our superior power. See you soon...” Icy said, as her, Roxy, Ice Knight, and Lester leave the castle.

The audience applauds, as the girls just stand there upset.

“What a fantastic and dramatic play! Well done, everyone! Wait, is Lester coming back at all?” Renly wondered, as Flarity approaches the girls.

“Hey, thanks for helping me. I’m sorry about whatever drama’s going on. Believe it or not, this wasn’t my worst birthday. I’m also sorry I’ve been a brat. I have a lot of maturing to do.” Flarity said.

“It’s okay, maybe we do too. I wasn’t a perfect princess either once. In time, I’m sure you can improve.” Elana encouraged to her.

“I can’t believe she’s a guardian, or that she of all people would be angry...” Cynthia said.

“I guess she only got her powers recently, but why?” Madison wondered.

“I’m confused, was that a play or not?” a guest asked.

“I wish it was...” Elana replied, looking sad and unsure with the girls.

Notes/Trivia:

-Character Debuts: Flarity, Lester the Irritating, Renly, Selyse, Ice Knight/Nice Knight, Mining Guild Eels

-Area Debuts: Flameren

-The security robots the Mining Guild use resemble the Mall Cop Bot from “Queen Valina”.

-Doyle makes his first appearance since “Steele’s Big Adventure”, revealing he was captured by the Mining Guild while hunting for treasures and forced to work in the crawler.

-Some of the miners from “Enemy Mine” and “Broodwing’s Con” reappear.

-Sometime after “Slittercold vs. Karmania!”, Icy created a magic amulet to help her find the elementals.

-

First time Roxy transforms.

-

Lester joins Icy and Roxy. Icy currently has the following elements in her control: Ice, Animal, Dark and Fire.

• Like 3
  • Happy 1

PERFECT episode! I just have to say that the split story approach was a great experiment, and even allows for more coverage of the overall universe. Nextly, the idea of Flameren was very unique in an odd way. Speaking of, I found Flarity pretty humorous with her ignorance and snootiness. She certainly does have some maturing to do. Next, I just wanna say that I loved the Roxy revelation at the party. I've been wondering how you would execute her powers in a battle, and this did not disappoint. It's looking as if Roxy's sheer power may rival some of the other girls. But, we'll see as this goes along. I also enjoyed Doyle's return, and the guys working with him and Gordon. Those two really have come a long way since the beginning. Doyle's farewell at the end was well done, and if that's the last we see of him for awhile, he went out well. Overall, magnificent episodes that provided an unexpectedly nice break from the Beast stuff. 

• Like 1

The title of this episode reminded me of the Dragonforce song. Flarity is also the best character name in this show, and it's fitting. She's like Rarity, only much meaner. It's awesome that Doyle got to return and have a conclusion to his story and that the guardians finally know about Roxy. Now Elana knows what it feels like to be demonized by an enemy-turned friend who's been manipulated into thinking you're evil. Also like how that Lester guy turned out to be a villain, it only makes sense for characters like him to have a dark side.

• Like 3